The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
What is your opinion?

I was also surprised to see two non-elims back to back.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and N... ARnutz 09-01-04 1
   RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and N... Spider 09-02-04 2
       RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and N... dabo 09-02-04 3
   RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and N... foonermints 09-05-04 4
       RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and N... AMAI 09-05-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-04, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
Yeah 2 non-elims in a row, I think is stupid. I think it would have been a real problem if the same team came in last for both weeks.

And as for the FF, I mean come on! There is only 2 of them this season and one was wasted last night!

And to add: The yield is absolutely useless!!!! I hope they don't bring it back in TAR6.

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-02-04, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
I agree but as Brandon and Nicole did not do the FF, can it be brought back for another leg?

Not trying to be dismissive just curious.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
Unlikely. The whole route, all the roadblocks etc., was certainly planned out well in advance of the start of the race.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-04, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
It also seems that despite any yield, fast forward, or even losing all your money, the inevitable "bunching" turns it all into pseudodrama.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-05-04, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not so sure Fast Forwards and Non-eliminations should be in the same leg"
Pseudo-drama is a great word for it, foonermints. The bunching has been very heavy-handed this season. The constant levelling of the playing field has gotten tiresome and they have simply traded in one kind of boredom for another.

But if a couple of teams were to get so far ahead that they're on a different leg from other teams, the Race would be unwieldy from a transmission perspective. I understand why they have had to introduce the bunching; it's just not that fun to watch play out after awhile.

As for the two non-elims in a row, I like it. When will the 3rd one come? It's usually been the leg before the final leg, but a change-up like this could mean they'll even change that. Now there are 3 legs in which the final non-elim could occur. I doubt it will be the leg on Tues Sep 7; my money is on the leg after that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •