The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-05, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
1. One Survivor is appalled when a nest of ants are served up for dinner in a tribe desperate for protein.

2. Lacking any sympathy for ailing tribemates, one Survivor starts complaining about the weak ones being lazy and getting pampered.

3. Leading into the second Tribal Council, one Survivor fights back when their work ethic is questioned by tribemates.

Discuss...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Flowerpower 09-16-05 1
   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... redbeard103152 09-16-05 2
       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Flowerpower 09-16-05 3
           RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Brownroach 09-16-05 4
               RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... brandy76 09-16-05 5
                   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... munchkinpunchkin 09-16-05 6
                   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... tribephyl 09-16-05 7
                       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... PepeLePew13 09-19-05 11
   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Farmie 09-16-05 8
       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... dabo 09-19-05 18
 RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Brownroach 09-19-05 9
   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Corvis 09-19-05 10
       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Flowerpower 09-19-05 13
       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Brownroach 09-19-05 14
 RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Booted 09-19-05 12
 RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... pmspml5 09-19-05 15
   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Brownroach 09-19-05 16
   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... knuckles487 09-20-05 21
 RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Bebo 09-19-05 17
   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... dabo 09-19-05 19
       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... PepeLePew13 09-19-05 20
           RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Scarlett O Hara 09-20-05 22
               RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Colbys_Chick 09-20-05 23
               RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Bebo 09-20-05 24
                   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Corvis 09-20-05 26
                       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Brownroach 09-20-05 27
                   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... biancaxxx 09-20-05 28
                       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Bebo 09-20-05 29
                       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... dabo 09-20-05 30
               RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... redbeard103152 09-20-05 25
                   RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Krautboy 09-21-05 31
                       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Corvis 09-21-05 32
                           RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Flowerpower 09-21-05 34
                       RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... KObrien_fan 09-21-05 33
                           RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Corvis 09-21-05 35
                               RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDo... Lisa0116 09-21-05 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 05:59 AM (EST)

1. One Survivor is appalled when a nest of ants are served up for dinner in a tribe desperate for protein. Uhhhh, according to the previews, this is Stephenie.

2. Lacking any sympathy for ailing tribemates, one Survivor starts complaining about the weak ones being lazy and getting pampered. BRANDON.....(I'd like to see him have a premature evacuation!)

3. Leading into the second Tribal Council, one Survivor fights back when their work ethic is questioned by tribemates. The biggest thing that I note about this tip is that it states, "Leading into the second Tribal Council.....". This lead me to believe that the Yaxha's will be going back to TC this week.....this could be BJ(who is known to have the best work ethic ever in the history of Survivor) or perhaps Judd(he seemed quite defensive last night.

thanks tribe,
fp

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-16-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Flowerpower I have a different take on this episode. I feel that we are being hit in the face with Blake's condition and this is a case of classic MB misdirection.
3. Leading into the second Tribal Council, one Survivor fights back when their work ethic is questioned by tribemates. My take on this is that this would be the second Tribal Council no matter which Tribe attended it. In my opinion I think it may be Bobby Jon who fights back from his poor episode one performance leading to a victory for Nakum and sparing Blake for at least another week. Very seldom do I ever disagree with you but this is my take on episode two for what its worth.RedBeard

09-16-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Actually, Redbeard, we are in agreement! I was just noting that the last misdirection seemed to highlight the "second" TC. But, in reviewing the vidcaps, I'm on board with you. I think BJ is going to go above and beyond and keep poor Blake there to suffer three more days!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

Not so sure about that. Sometimes you can figure which tribe is going to TC by the relative gravity of what we are shown of their camp life in the previews. Nakum still seems to be having serious problems, whereas the biggest issue at Yaxha next week appears to be having to dine on ants.

This leads me to believe Nakum is going back to TC. I would say that, with Blake having gotten mucho coverage in Ep 1 for being sick, and with his story continuing in the same vein next week, he's probably next out.

I agree the work ethic questions may concern Bobby Jon. Probst called him the hardest worker around camp ever. So he has to live up to that. If he's still at all under the weather, or gets hurt in the challenge, people (Brandon) may start to balk.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

brandy76 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brandy76 Click to send private message to brandy76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I was wondering if this is a spoilers section, how come everyhting is speculation, but the show filmed awhile ago?

munchkinpunchkin 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munchkinpunchkin Click to send private message to munchkinpunchkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
If you know of some spoilers, you are welcome to discuss them. This is the spoilers section because it is where we dissect episodes/vidcaps, rhumors, knowledge, etc. A lot is speculation and conjecture, that's part of the spoiling. If we knew all of the answers, we would probably call it something else like "What happens in every episode and this is who wins Survivor" Forum. Although, Veruca and others had it down last season!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Welcome to Blows, brandy.

One of the first messages boards devoted to spoiling/speculating of Survivor. We have a great crowd here.

As to your question..."I was wondering if this is a spoilers section, how come everyhting is speculation, but the show filmed awhile ago?"

Touche. All that you've probably read so far on these boards is mostly speculation.
Although we are all very aware of the fact that the show was filmed months ago we as a community have been fed very little in the way of Sourced Spoilers this season.
(A fact that I'm really excited about. We get to spoil the old-fashioned way. With Vidcaps and speculation deliberation.)

The reason you don't see any "Morgan and Rafe are F2..." threads is because nothing of that nature has begun to leak out, yet.

It's still kinda early in the show, so there is plenty of time to plant a list if anything is known.

I suggest you hang around a bit and wait to see if things(SourcedSpoilers) surface.
Until then feel free to give your opinions regarding the show and leaving the thinly veiled barbs for Sucks.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

And quite often, adding speculation together with other speculation can become a true spoiler when 2 + 2 adds up. It works the same with with detectives -- they use speculation to work out 'what-if' scenarios and then eliminate what they know to be true or false, and come to a conclusion to figure out a murder or some big case.

For example, we had no hard evidence that Jim was gonzo last week but the speculation we came up with all added up to a clear conclusion that it was Jimbo getting the boot.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Farmie 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Farmie Click to send private message to Farmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
>1. One Survivor is appalled when
>a nest of ants are
>served up for dinner in
>a tribe desperate for protein.
>
Uhhhh, according to the
>previews, this is Stephenie.

But, didn't Stephanie eat those duck egg things last season? If she did, I'm a little confused why the ants would bother her. IMO the previews were misleading and it's not really Steph because those egg things where a lot worse.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Those eggs were part of a challenge, though. Sourcing insects for food in daily camp life doesn't seem to set well with her. She's going to have to adapt to the fact that they have a whole different set of natural resources in Guatamala than they had in Palau.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

09-19-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Leading into the second Tribal Council, one Survivor fights back when their work ethic is questioned by tribemates.

Since there is some speculation now that Nakum may win the IC, I just wanted to point out that Stephenie said she thinks Jamie is the laziest person on her tribe. So if it is Yaxha going to TC, this may refer to Jamie.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Did she say that in one of the Survivor Insider videos?

09-19-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Did she say that in one of the Survivor Insider vieos?

Yes, Corvis, that's exactly where it is.

09-19-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Yes, DcReads has some of it transcribed here.

"I think possibly the weakest is a cross between Amy and Lydia. And I think the laziest is Jamie. I just think his head's not in it. I don't know."

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-19-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
What if "Man Down" is a dual reference and points to Gary as we see him in the vidcaps falling into the water. Jeff may say "We have a Man Down...

Boot Ed

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I'm going way out on a limb and I think that this refers to BJ. Who's work ethic have we heard about over and over again. Who has been sick and unable to help around camp - BJ. I am not convinced that Judd wins Immunity for his tribe.

09-19-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I don't think you are going out on a limb. If Nakum goes to TC, I think this may refer to Bobby Jon as well (see post 4).

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I'm gonna go out on that limb with you. I also am not convinced that Nakum wins immunity. It seems that everything this week wants us to believe that they do, and also wants us to believe that Blake is on deaths door. I'm not buying it.

Blake seems to be doing just fine in the tug of war, plus in the clip "Blake talks back" on the CBS site, he is talking about when he got sick and the tree hitting his shoulder. He seems fine in the clip so apparently he is recovering nicely. In BJ's clip though, he is talking about being dehydrated and that he was as close to having a seizure as you can get without actually having one. In the clip he still didn't look or sound very good so he may not be recovering very well.

The only thing we see in the previews about BJ is his primal scream in the mudpit. (At least that's all I have seen) Someplace around here it was posted that they though Jeff had said he had to stop one of the challenges to see if someone was hurt very badly. Of course it could be referring to anyone, but it could be BJ if he still isn't feeling very good. Perhaps already being in a weakened state, he gets roughed up a little too much or something. With the previous talk that there are a couple blindside TC's, I am going with the theory that this could be one of them with BJ as the blindsided player.

That could possibly make this weeks title refer to whoever it is that gets hurt in the mudpit (if anyone), and maybe next weeks title is something said by another player referring to BJ getting the boot this week. Makes sense to me, but I am twisted. lol

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
This episode title just screams Nakum to me. (some reasons already explained by others)

- They go into this episode a man down, since they voted out Jim.
- The preview with Judd and Gary shows Judd as the man down in the mud.
- As mentioned already, Bobby Jon was hyped as being a hard worker, but he's been down because of illness.
- Blake is also down because of injury and illness.

Until we get more information, I'm leaning strongly toward a Nakum TC loss, and yet another male being voted out of the tribe.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-19-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
But they were one man up to begin with.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Hence, yet another meaning/interpretation of "ManDown" ... after Nakum boots another man, they'll truly be a Man Down to the Yaxhas.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I am in complete agreement with all of you - "Man Down" screams Nakum to me (in the multiple ways that Bebo has listed). However, I think it is MISDIRECTION ... I think we will see Yaxha go to TC and who knows, maybe they will be voting out a man?

Colbys_Chick 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colbys_Chick Click to send private message to Colbys_Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I agree with you Scarlett...complete misdirection by MB.

09-20-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Typically, the episode 2 boot has been pretty straightforward, with little misdirection. Those of us who missed Ashlee's departure last season were caught up in trying to "spoil the spoilers" instead of looking at the obvious signs that were pointing to her.

The first two bootees, as a rule, are pretty easy. After all, MB wants to draw in the viewers (spoilers or non-spoilers) so they'll stick with the show for the whole season. If his editing of the early episodes didn't make sense, it could turn off viewers.

The information we've been getting so far points to completely surprised bootees at some point. Given the grueling tone that's already been set, I don't think one of those surprises is going to happen yet. Actually, I think grueling nature of the first three days points even more to the tribes going for the obvious boots in the early eps, picking off those who are too sick to contribute. And given how much attention we've been given to the illness at Nakum, I think they're headed back to TC this week.

MB doesn't usually try to play tricks until Ep 3.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-20-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

Historically, the reason the first two bootees have traditionally been easy is because we usually have a vidcap that shows us some missing tribe members (early seasons) or because Snewser or one of the other source spoilers tells us the early boots and we come up with a plausible explanation for the editing to fit that scenario. Unfortunately, we have no source spoilers and no telling vidcaps this season. Or maybe fortunately. It's more fun this way.

As for last season, what were the signs pointing to Ashlee getting the boot? The only thing I remember is confessional analysis which is far from flawless. Everyone was picking Jeff until Snewser said Nope.

09-20-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
27. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I was thinking about the Ashlee boot yesterday and I went back and looked at the promos for Ep 2 in Palau. One of the reasons I didn't pick her as the boot was that she was completely absent from both of the promos. The only place she showed up was in the EyeMail, and even there three other people (including Jeff) were in the shot.

She was, however, mentioned in the CBS misdirection, with this:

While enjoying a feast, a tribe notices one member's reclusive behavior.

So OFG theory -- that anyone who isn't featured in the previews is safe -- didn't work in Ashlee's case.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-05 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

>Typically, the episode 2 boot has been pretty straightforward, with little misdirection. Those of us who missed Ashlee's departure last season were caught up in trying to "spoil the spoilers" instead of looking at the obvious signs that were pointing to her.

Were there really any OBVIOUS signs pointing to Ashlee's boot? (except for outside clues such as her buff on eBay and RedQueen Checkmate). She was absent from most of the promos that week and the clue about a recluse was (sort of) misdirection - over half of the spoiling community thought the recluse would be Angie and only 2% thought it'd be Ashlee. Likewise, half picked Jeff as the boot, and only 5% picked Ashlee. (SNN/JTS stats lol).

Anyway, just felt like commenting, since I haven't posted on here for a while!

Bianca

09-20-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
29. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
OK, maybe it was just me. She was my first choice in Spoiler Island, and I changed her at the last minute. She just fit the traditional second sick/weak boot to me.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-20-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
30. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Sometimes they get players who never generate a storyline, those UTRs are some of the hardest boots to predict.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-20-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Scarlett I too believe it is a big misdirection. I have believed that since episode one ended. Blake's injury has been way too much front and center to me to believe that he will be booted. I feel that if Yahxa goes to TC however they will boot a woman either Amy or Lydia imo.RedBeard

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-21-05, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Redbeard: I had the same reaction after EP1, while watching the promo for EP2...Blake's illness makes him appear vulnerable, but it must be misdirection...there's no suspense if he goes in EP2...somehow he will survive...immunity is the simplest explanation.

Stephenie's remarks during EP1 also laid the groundwork for the EP2 boot of either Amy or Lydia...while Jamie is perhaps accused of laziness going into TC, setting up a TC where the decision becomes whether to vote out the lazy or the weak.

Krautboy

09-21-05, 03:08 AM (EST)
32. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I think it's time to make the argument for Brian as the boot.

In the first episode, the only info we got about him was a) he liked Stephenie and b) he woke everyone up, they grumbled, but they did anyway because everyone knew Brian was right. He came off as kind of arrogant and this fits with what Jeff told us about Brian in the pre-show stuff. My theory is he's going to get a lot more arrogant and that will lead to his demise. Could it happen in one episode? Sure. Will it? I don't know. But I think there's a chance Brian could be the evicted one. His story is one of the very few Yaxha ones that gets a little bit of set up in episode 1. And it's a subtle foreshadowing that will make a lot of sense in retrospect, but is easy to miss.

Just a thought.

09-21-05, 06:27 AM (EST)
34. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I have to agree with you essentially regarding Brian, Corvis. Could it happen in one episode, yes, but will it....I don't think so. I think he will definately start to rise on the Yaxha radar in a big way, especially when it looks as though he goes after one of the weaker ones on the Nukum tribe, only to fall short to a skinny girl(Danni) in the mud challenge. Yet, at the end of the next 3 days, when Yaxha marches off to TC, I think Steph will indeed seriously sway the group to vote out the weakest links, and in her opinion that's either Amy or Lydia. Perhaps as the challenges progress they can begin to see that Lydia is more of a physical asset then arrogant Brian. I definately see him as a blindsided pre-merge boot(looking forward to the drama!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 06:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
While I didn't dismiss Brian as a potential boot in week 2 casually and out of hand Corvis, I will tell you why I disagree that he could be a boot this week.

If you read the thread started by BrownRoach Brian as a villian, you will see that it looks like Brian has a longer term edit forthcoming. Also, Brian totally fits the description of a player that would take his exit with a hissy fit, and while yes he has invested enough time in this game to get that "lick of the ice cream cone" and so could become bitter quickly if he got booted, I don't see that happening so fast.

I think what will make him crazy is if he gets this close to making the merge in what he feels is a power position, only to have the wool pulled over his eyes in a blind side boot.

Brian is also young, fit, and strong, and the others will/do realize that they need to keep their strength if they want to compete in what have been some very physical challenges.

Personally I think you can safely cross Brian off your short list regarding this week.

09-21-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
35. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
Thanks for the info! I missed that thread completely.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-21-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: SeeBS MisDirection: Ep2; "ManDown""
I have a question-

I saw the CBS promos and Jeff says something about 4 days without water. Didn't they (both teams) get flint?? Can't they boil water?? Why are they without water??? I know Steph and BJ can build a fire.....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •