The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-04, 06:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Now who would have thought that of all the remaining teams, Linda and Karen would have been the ones to get caught by a currency exchange problem? What are the odds that Jim and Marsha spent last night doubled over in laughter in front of their televisions? There's been no visible problem with people taking US dollars up until that moment -- and then it's the Moms who get caught without rupees: delayed, derailed, nearly detoured all the way to Calcutta, and finally denuded of their funds in one of the worst exchange rates seen since the US/Canada border. Admittedly, the karma backlash didn't take them out of the Race, but it was still good to see it show up.

Oh, and just to keep from starting a second thread:

1. Can anyone read a clue this season? 'I know! Let's drive ourselves in a taxi!'

2. There are exactly three people in the world who would find the Twins attractive enough to give them money. And they ran into all of them. Lucky, lucky Twins...

3. Note to next TAR group traveling through India's rail system: tasers are good things.

4. I don't know why Colin had such a hard time getting started on the brick making. He's been creating them internally and passing them through his digestive system for the entire season.

5. Oh, look. It's a Yield. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I wonder what it does?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Irony department: as the editi... ARnutz 09-01-04 1
 RE: Irony department: as the editi... Neobie 09-01-04 2
   RE: Irony department: as the editi... Urban_Kitten 09-01-04 3
       RE: Irony department: as the editi... foonermints 09-01-04 4
   RE: Irony department: as the editi... PhillyDon 09-01-04 5
       RE: Irony department: as the editi... ivoryElephant 09-01-04 6
       RE: Irony department: as the editi... Nanook 09-01-04 7
           RE: Irony department: as the editi... AugustGirl 09-01-04 8
 RE: Irony department: as the editi... Molaholic 09-01-04 9
 Editing and the Yield tornadox 09-04-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Will from Big Brother 5 was right, "Karma IS a boomerang!!!"

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-01-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Plus... RUBLES?

Go directly back to St. Petersburg. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 rupees.

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Besides the rubles (yeesh) business, the taxi driver clearly asked for dinars not dollars. He must have repeated it half a dozen times.
..... btw, loved Estee's comment about Marsha & Jim.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Nice throwing of the GBCE (gutter ball of currency exchange) by the BM's. Why didn't the taxi simply offer to go to Volgorad for rubles? BTW, Indian Rupee/US Dollar is about 46/1, so they actually came out with a split.

PhillyDon 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-01-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyDon Click to send private message to PhillyDon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
Since we're on the subject of currency, why was it such a surprise that the cab driver who led them to the airport wanted his money in UAE dinar, not US dollars, given the fact that they were in Dubai?

I'd been fairly impressed with the BMs 'til now, but I think the pace is starting to fray them around the edges a bit.

I am willing to throw some real props to whichever one that was who was making the bricks. They picked up some serious time there. My wife guessed that she must be a bread baker back home based on how quickly she picked up the technique.

I'm PhillyDon and I approve this post.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-01-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."

" am willing to throw some real props to whichever one that was who was making the bricks. They picked up some serious time there. My wife guessed that she must be a bread baker back home based on how quickly she picked up the technique."

That was Karen, the calm collective one, she is even cute in a swim suit ;)

mind the gap

Nanook 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-01-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nanook Click to send private message to Nanook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
The bowling moms are annoying, the one with the high-pitched whiny voice anyway, but did anyone else think the cab driver was a real jerk to charge them? He was on his way to the airport anyway, and they simply followed!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
but did anyone else think the cab driver was a real jerk to charge them? He was on his way to the airport anyway, and they simply followed!

I agree Nanook! He clearly said "I am going that way" when asked if he knew where the airport was. He never said "you can follow me and I'll charge you". He saw desperate Americans, and dollar/dinar signs flashed in his eyes.

But that doesn't excuse the excessive and shrill whining of the BM. She was hurting my ears.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Irony department: as the editing finally pays off..."
In Defense of the Dubai Cabbie (gasp)

OK, maybe the guy say a couple of rich Americans (after all, they were driving a vehicle from one of the most exclusive resorts in the region), and thought he had an easy mark ... perhpas his thinking was "Yea, I'm going to the airport, but if someone hails me on the way, I'm going to take that fare first."

So by flipping his meter on, he assured himself of getting the gals to the airport. He probably wasn't the owner of the cab, and had to account for the time/charge in full.

But common, ladies, DINARS/DOLLARS (notice how quickly they agreed once they straighten that little nugget out? $40 vs $15). And RUBLES/RUPEES ... Ganesh, Guide Me!

The good news is, once out of India the rest of the race currencies are all called DOLLARS (if that's not a spoiler).

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

tornadox 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-04-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tornadox Click to send private message to tornadox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Editing and the Yield"
> 5. Oh, look. It's a Yield. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I wonder what it does?

The editors are having lots of fun this season even though they have been skipping seemingly major events. According to the CBS web site, there are Yields on every leg. In this episode, the racers were not surprised to see one and had ready decisions. Indeed, B/N and the Bowling Moms seem to have decided to never employ the option. My guess, it was the editing foreshadowing of doom and that next week someone gets yielded.

That said, I do not know why Colin/Christie never yielded Charla/Mirna or vice versa. The hate between those teams seemed tailor-made for the Yield.

--tornadox

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •