The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nashville Star"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Nashville Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-03, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nashville Star"
OK, I've never watched a single episode of "American Idol" but I happened to wonder across this show on Sunday and kinda/sorta watched it. Did anyone else see it? These judges seemed a bit more supportive than Simon seems to be...

Of course, having posted a news article that revealed the names and descriptions of the twelve finalists almost a month ago the suspense really wasn't there for me, but still, I thought it was interesting enough.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nashville Star minitroll 03-13-03 1
   RE: Nashville Star TNSurvivorFan 03-14-03 2
       RE: Nashville Star Survivorerist 03-16-03 3
           RE: Nashville Star TNSurvivorFan 03-17-03 4
               RE: Nashville Star minitroll 03-17-03 5
 RE: Nashville Star SurvivorOverlord 03-18-03 6
 RE: Nashville Star Bebo 03-18-03 7
 RE: Nashville Star GeorgiaBelle 03-19-03 8
 Nancy O'Dell Bebo 03-19-03 9
 RE: Nashville Star minitroll 03-23-03 10
   RE: Nashville Star TNSurvivorFan 04-11-03 11
       I'm still watching Bebo 04-13-03 14
           RE: I'm still watching minitroll 04-14-03 16
               RE: I'm still watching Lisapooh 04-15-03 20
                   RE: I'm still watching minitroll 04-15-03 22
 RTVW Nashville Star announcement SurvivorBlows 04-11-03 12
   RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcemen... minitroll 04-13-03 13
   RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcemen... SurvivorBlows 04-14-03 18
       RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcemen... weltek 04-14-03 19
           RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcemen... Lisapooh 04-15-03 21
               RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcemen... minitroll 04-15-03 23
                   RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcemen... Lisapooh 04-15-03 24
 RE: Nashville Star ejm92 04-13-03 15
 RE: Nashville Star weltek 04-14-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nashville Star"
I watched it too, and I enjoyed it. The judges cracked me up when they were picking the finalists. Was it just me, or was the one in sunglasses hung over? The contestants are talented, and unlike the finalists on AI, these people have to be able to write songs as well as sing them. My DH even liked it, and he hates country music.

TNSurvivorFan 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TNSurvivorFan Click to send private message to TNSurvivorFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nashville Star"
I watched it and actually enjoyed it. Guess I'll be following right along on Sat. LOVE the blonde chubby chick (can't remember her name). The living together part should be interesting. Glad someone finally posted about this show

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-16-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nashville Star"
I usually don't watch shows like this, but I *love* country music and just had to check it out. In fact, it was pretty good! My absolute favourite finalist is Buddy (the 41 year old guy who works as a demo singer). He was just so happy when he was selected, how could you not root for this guy? I really hope he wins!

(Another IceCat original )

The Top 5 FLL Castaways

1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
2. Helen Glover (5 weeks at #1)
4. Amber Brkich (4 weeks at #1)
4. Heidi Strobel (4 weeks at #1)
4. Lex Van Den Burghe (4 weeks at #1)

03-17-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TNSurvivorFan Click to send private message to TNSurvivorFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nashville Star"
Did anyone catch Sat. night's episode. I think they missed the mark by not eliminating the girl who did the Elvis song. (I appologize for not knowing names!) They all did very well and I think it's going to be a close competition. Seems to be more talent involved than AI (IMHO). I'm enjoying this show. Glad others are watching!!

03-17-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nashville Star"
Personally, I would have eliminated Travis. I don't think he sounded very good at all, but hey, that's just me. I have to agree, I think these contestants have a lot more talent than the kids on AI. I am really enjoying this show!

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Nashville Star"
I was suprised that Kristen Kissling(the girl that butchered Elvis) wasn't the one gone too...and Travis was my second pick for bootee.

Of course this is different than any other show because the judges booted one, then next Saturday they tabulate the popular vote and boot another right off the bat!!

I think the talent is better here than AI, especially considering that one of the rounds they have to sing a song that they wrote!

Should be fun to watch.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCER OF THE WINKY-BONER AND HAMSTER HO SHOW

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Nashville Star"
I didn't see the whole show, but based on what I saw, I agree with the judges' choice. She didn't add anything original to the song, she sang it just like Teri Clark did in her remake. At least some of the others tried to make the songs their own.

Out of the ones I saw, Brandi and John Arthur impressed me the most. I thought Brandi overdid some of the facial expressions, but that girl can sing. And John Arthur did a fabulous job of conveying the tenderness of his song while injecting his own personality.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-03, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Nashville Star"
I did hear most of it. My dear friend watched as I worked. It was his turn at the tv. Really should not complain he is wonderful about not messing with me over my shows.

For what is is worth my friend does like the show and thinks it is a much nicer and more supportive show than A.I.

03-19-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Nancy O'Dell"
One thing did stick out while I was watching NS - Nancy O'Dell is an excellent host. American Idol would be so much better if she were hosting instead of Ryan. She keeps things moving along, isn't obnoxious, and yet isn't stiff or wooden either.

* making a note for next year's Blowie nominations *

03-23-03, 06:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Nashville Star"
Well, they got rid of Kristen, the girl who butchered Elvis.

After this week's show, I still think they should dump Travis, and I was disappointed in Brandi's performance. I hope she does better next week, I think she has a good voice.

I can't help but notice how small that the house is that these contestants are staying in, compared to the one on AI. Hopefully it will keep thier egos from getting as bloated as the AI kids' egos have been getting lately.

04-11-03, 03:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Nashville Star"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-03 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

Is anyone still watching this show? I'm really enjoying it. I like the format better than AI. AI can be sooooo drawn out. NS is a quickie reality TV fix. Brandi remains my personal fav, but don't think she'll win the prize. Can't decide ........but, Buddy or Miranda will win. Will return to lurking now......Later

04-13-03, 09:48 PM (EST)
14. "I'm still watching"
The level of talent is much higher than AI, and as I previously mentioned, Nancy O'Dell impresses me.

My favorite three are John Arthur, Buddy, and Brandi. Last night was the first time I've heard Miranda (since I only caught partial shows before last night), but she impressed me. Brandon's my least favorite, but I wouldn't throw things at the TV if he kept going in the competition.

Strong final 5.

(And I know I'm not giving anything away to minitroll courtesy of the race...how did they do on the anthem? They sounded good in practice.)

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

04-14-03, 03:04 AM (EST)
16. "RE: I'm still watching"
They sounded pretty good Bebo. A little quiet at first, but I think that might have been the microphone. To my great relief, they didn't "customize" it like so many other singers try to do. IMHO that's one song that should be left alone, since it is already difficult to sing in its pure state, attempts by the singer to "make it their own" usually fail miserably.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I'm still watching"
I'm hooked on this show. First of all, I may have a girl crush on Nancy O'Dell - love her! Josh from American Idol would have NO chance on this show. These are true singer/songwriters and more complete performers than the consistently constipated Josh

Brandi is a train wreck - crying and carrying on every week. In other words, she's a great country diva. Miranda is absolutely adorable - she's a good songwriter too. She's probably my favorite right now. John Arthur seems like a warm, charming guy. Love hearing him perform even though his singing isn't spectacular. Buddy I like too. Not as invested in him as the others, but I can't tell you why. Brandon is a punk man. He's so annoying, he can't sing, his hair is ridiculous, his songs aren't that great. But you know, he's a funny little pissant.

I'd rank them
5th Brandon
4th John Arthur
3rd Buddy
2nd Brandi
and my Nashville Star
Miranda

04-15-03, 04:20 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I'm still watching"
Hey Pooh, I think Miranda is the best one left too, but my list is a little different from yours. Brandi can sing well when she wants too, but she is too much of a drama queen and a crybaby for me. Here's how I would rank them:

5th Brandon
4th John Arthur
3rd Brandi
2nd Buddy
1st Miranda

I would be happy to see either Buddy or Miranda win.

04-11-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
Watch this space, we have some fun news for fans of this show coming soon.

-SB

04-13-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
13. "RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
Thanks Webby, I'm still watching this show, I love it. Stoopid Tivo missed it yesterday though, so I have to pick up one of the re-runs on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the five remaining finalists sang the national anthem at the Nascar race today, so I already know who got the boot.

04-14-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
18. "RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
Nashville Star contest... the posters arrived late last week... Brandon's signature just looks like a couple of circles

-SB

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-03, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
Very cool, Webby!

04-15-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
so how do we enter? I totally want to win!

04-15-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
23. "RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
so how do we enter? I totally want to win!

There's a link on the home page Pooh.

04-15-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
24. "RE: RTVW Nashville Star announcement"
ssshhh mintroll! We gotta keep it on the down low and improve our odds! I found it earlier today - but we must keep it vewy vewy quiet! Thanks hon!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-13-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Nashville Star"
Haven't seen the show a lot, but I was at the Nascar race in Martinsville, VA, on Sunday and the remaining Nashville Stars sang the National Anthem. They sounded really good, and I had the opportunity to meet them after the race...really nice people, as down-to-earth as you can get...the host of the show looks...well....guhhhreeeaat...in person.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Nashville Star"
I tuned in this weekend, despite my dislike of most country music. I think it's great that they must perform a song they wrote themselves. There is talent, but IMHO, country music is perhaps the worst at adopting mediocre talent.

The only one that I thought had that something special was Buddy. I didn't see Amy's performance, but could hear it from the kitchen. She has a Natalie Merchant quality to her voice. Kind of cool. Without sitting down and really paying attention to her performance, I just can't give too much of an opinion on her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •