The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Immunity idol seen at camp"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-06-05, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Immunity idol seen at camp"
There is a pic from SurvivorFever which basically tells us who wins the first immunity challenge. Check it out.

Here's a pic of the immunity idol from the TV Guide preview:

So it looks like a member of Nakum is going home first. I think it has to be Jim, the old guy who was puking his guts out on Day 2.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Immunity idol seen at camp tribephyl 09-06-05 1
 RE: Immunity idol seen at camp Flowerpower 09-07-05 2
   RE: Immunity idol seen at camp Scarlett O Hara 09-07-05 3
       RE: Immunity idol seen at camp Brownroach 09-07-05 4
           RE: Immunity idol seen at camp Scarlett O Hara 09-07-05 5
 RE: Immunity idol seen at camp RudyRules 09-11-05 6
 RE: Immunity idol seen at camp limDNE 09-11-05 7
   RE: Immunity idol seen at camp tribephyl 09-12-05 8
 Nakum boot sheet FesterFan1 09-12-05 9
   RE: Nakum boot sheet Flowerpower 09-12-05 10
       RE: Nakum boot sheet Brownroach 09-12-05 11
           RE: Nakum boot sheet Corvis 09-12-05 12
   Cindy = toast? FesterFan1 09-12-05 13
       RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... TDT 09-12-05 14
           RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... Corvis 09-13-05 15
               RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... Flowerpower 09-13-05 16
                   RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... Booted 09-13-05 17
               RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... FesterFan1 09-13-05 18
                   RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... KObrien_fan 09-13-05 19
                       RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... Whole Lotta Rosie 09-13-05 20
                       I don't think we disagree FesterFan1 09-13-05 21
                           RE: I don't think we disagree Brownroach 09-14-05 23
                       RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really... Brownroach 09-14-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-06-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
Wow! Great eyes!

It looks to be the II.
(Yet it still could be some other prop. Doubtful, but I have to remain somewhat neutral at this moment.)

As far as who to choose from Nakum:
Blake / Brandon / Brooke / Cindy / Danni / Jim / Judd / Margaret / and let's not forget BobbyJon.

I definitely put Jim at the top of my possible boot/target, as well.
Cindy or Brooke are probably his target. Unless he fights with one of the guys.
Let's not forget that Blake is also still suffering from the 11 mile hike, If Jim senses a bit of weakness it may become a matter of who's the biggest detriment to the tribe.
Plus, the new survivors may indeed feel a bit of angst as to having a previous Survivor on their tribe and might target BJ because of that.

Most likely it's Jim though.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-05 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

Great find, Corvis! Chances are that you are correct and that that's the II at the Yaxha tribe, next to Amy. But, what is the idol sitting on? It sure looks like a stool that Jiffy uses many times to place the idol at challenges. Would the Yaxha tribe have a stool or table at their camp? That stool is the only thing that raises a red flag for me as I don't think that is something that they would have back at camp.

Could this be a pic of Amy sitting next to the II while at the challenge?

ETA: I think I may have indeed confirmed Corvis' find with the next vidcap:

I don't think that's a stool the II is sitting on, it's their pot cover! Note the one at the Nakum tribe next to Judd, I'm sure that the Yaxha's received one as well! Now if we could just figure out where the Yaxha's got these blankets?

here is the blanket:

....could they have won it with winning the 11 mile hike, or perhaps that's just part of the supplies they were given at the start?

AWESOME FIND nevertheless!!!...Jim IS TOAST!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
Great find, Corvis!! (And Flo Po for the pot identification). I am not understanding however, why peeps are thinking that the eleven mile hike is a reward challenge? I think it is simply how the game starts out (a la Australia Outback). The survivors are divided up, given a map and sent on their way.

To respond to the question as to how the Nakum tribe got the blankets ... I would guess either 1) They were given the blankets from the start OR 2) They win the reward challenge.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
From the TV Guide article:

The tone is set early in the first episode with a brutal challenge: The two tribes, Nakum and Yaxha, are pitted against each other in an 11-mile overnight hike through the poisonous snake-filled jungle. (The winning team gets the better of the two camps and the flint to help create fire.)

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"

Thanks for setting me straight BR! I knew I had to be missing something somewhere!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
Great find Corvis and nice follow up confirmation work FP.
It looks like a Nakum member gets the first boot.

Your defending two time college football pool champion

limDNE 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-11-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail limDNE Click to send private message to limDNE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
Hi, I'm a newbie but have lurked for a few seasons now...
Corvis, I'm glad you brought this up. I saw the vidcaps from the TV Guide preview that were posted on Fever, & was shocked. Seemed completely obvious that Yaxha won the boat challenge. My only thing with the 2nd picture you have posted here is: who the heck is that guy???? 'Cause he's a dead ringer for Travis. Anyone? Anyone?

Can you tell it's been bugging me?

lim

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Immunity idol seen at camp"
Welcome to the boards limDNE.

Alas, it's not Travis. (or any past survivor, for that matter)
It's a member of the DreamTeam.

A group of "stand-ins" that MB uses for all types of tasks.
Including, but not limited to; testing of all challenges, re-enactments of challenges for aerial shots, stand-ins for tribal council promo shots, sole survivor silhouettes and as is the case this season "stand-in" silhouettes for the returning survivors.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Nakum boot sheet"
Since we have visual evidence of what seems to be the II at Yaxha camp, I thought the next logical step is an E1 Nakum boot sheet. So here's my attempt at one:

Blake
Reasons for boot:
Injured on hike (Source: TV Guide article), seems to be lethargic in camp photos

Reasons against boot:
Young, athletic, featured in pre-show ads

Status for E1:
Slight Risk

Brandon
Reasons for boot:
None apparent

Reasons against boot:
Young, athletic, hard-worker, featured in pre-show ads

Status for E1:
Safe

Brooke
Reasons for boot:
Potentially aloof (most academic on tribe), physically weakest on tribe(?)

Reasons against boot:
Smarts may help her for a while, has spent a lot of time outdoors

Status for E1:
Slight Risk

Cindy
Reasons for boot:
Socially awkward

Reasons against boot:
Featured in pre-show ads, very comfortable outdoors, should fit in with this outdoorsy tribe

Status for E1:
Safe

Danni
Reasons for boot:
Injured on hike {Source: TV Guide article), potentially ironic "I have to win or I can't come home" quote (Source: pre-show interview), potential prima donna

Reasons against boot:
Probst likes her, featured in pre-show ads

Status for E1:
At Risk

Jim
Reasons for boot:
Sick after hike {Source: TV Guide article), oldest member of tribe, potential challenge liability, Probst thinks he's "negative"

Reasons against boot:
Probably perceived as a non-threat

Status for E1:
At Risk

Judd
Reasons for boot:
Fish out of water on this tribe (only East Coast city person), no outdoors experience, most out of shape on tribe

Reasons against boot:
Very affable personality, Weight loss tip (Source: TDT), possible challenge asset, featured in pre-show ads

Status for E1:
Safe

Margaret
Reasons for boot:
None apparent

Reasons against boot:
Possible maternal figure, seems like a fitter version of Tina, featured in pre-show ads

Status for E1:
Safe

Bobby Jon*
Reasons for boot:
Seen as threat, possible resentment among new players at him being given second chance

Reasons against boot:
Weight loss tip (Source: Corvis), very popular and hard working, outdoorsy (like most of this tribe)

Status for E1:
Safe

*Assuming he's A) there and B) able to compete.

Here's TDT's Survivometer, which is the source for some of the spoiler materials included in the boot sheet.

Personally, I like Danni as the E1 boot, but it could just as easily be Jim.

Fester

09-12-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Nakum boot sheet"
Excellent idea, Fester! Glad you did it! I have reservations regarding Danni. I think they may be playing her up a little too much for the first booty. I think she'll be sticking around a while, and can't quite shake rumors of romance between she and Blake. So I don't know. I think Jim, being the eldest, and hearing that he was vomiting for 2 days after the hike, is a definate at risk. I think the weakest girl out of Danni, Brooke, or Cindy will be the other at risk candidate. Just haven't zeroed in on the right one yet!

09-12-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Nakum boot sheet"
I can think of at least two instances where someone who was sick or perceived as weak was spared getting booted at the first TC: Tanya in Thailand, because John created a more negative impression, and Ryan S. in P.I., who was good to go until Nicole opened her mouth about booting Tijuana.

I didn't see S3 so I don't know if Diane's departure before Jessie would also apply.

It seems like the majority of first boots have been axed for reasons other than being weak or sick: personality issues (Debb/Peter/John/Ryan A./Jolanda), trying to manipulate the vote (Nicole/Debb), screwing up in the challenge (not necessarily due to weakness)(Ryan A., Jolanda), etc. Brook in Vanuatu was just an arbitrary choice of the old-dude alliance.

Not to say it couldn't happen that someone gets booted first merely for being ill. Heck, with all the quitters, maybe someone will ask to be voted out in Ep 1 this time.

09-12-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Nakum boot sheet"
I think the chance of the first boot being a weak tribe member is really good. We have heard this is one of the hardest Survivors yet. They are going to know they need to stay strong. Plus, they have Bobby Jon and Stephenie on their tribes who will be pushing for eliminating the weakest link to stay strong for challenges.

Diane was booted because she weak (she collapsed at the first challenge) as was Sonja on Survivor 1.

I like Jim for the first boot.

09-12-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Cindy = toast?"
From Sucks:

TDT claims that there are photos from this SFever gallery for every Nakum member, except for Cindy and BJ, taken on 6/30, Day 4 of the game. The 2 solo photos of her were taken 6/28. I'm not sure where he's seeing this source, but he's certain enough to have made everyone but Cindy and BJ (who has zero photos, period, of course) safe for E1.

We have Corvis's tip that BJ returned thin and tan, which should make him safe for E1. That would make Cindy your E1 boot.

Fester

TDT 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-12-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TDT Click to send private message to TDT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
Sorry Fester, upon further review, the date stamp was just off on the camera used to take the Nakum camp shots. Gary, Rafe and Lydia really are safe for Ep1, but that's sadly all that can be proven conclusively.

09-13-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 10:29 AM (EST)

You know, even without that evidence, I think Cindy has a decent chance of being the first boot. She really does come off as a person who like animals more than people, which strikes me as someone who won't get along well with the tribe. Plus, she's frowning in a lot of early pics. If you're looking for the annoying personality first boot, I would go with her.

And while I will say that I still think Jim is a good bet, too, hersavvyness posted at Sucks about a radio interview with Probst where he said "four males would be on their backs and throwing up from exhaustion in the beginning". So Jim has company.

(and you could see my new siggie courtesy of tribephyl except that the website is apparently down. bah! take my word for it - it's great!)

Edited: It's there now! Woo hoo! Thanks again, tribephyl!

09-13-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
Corvis, you and I are seeing eye to eye this season so far! I'm definately with you. The more I think about it, the more I'm narrowing down the first week's boot pick to Jim and Cindy. Cindy has been in an awful lot of preshow pics as well, more so than Brooke. I still think that Danni is being featured as one to watch through the show, rather than first booty choice. I'm going with Cindy on the OFG theory.

So, two days prior to air date, I'm with Jim and Cindy for first boot choice!

I love your new siggie! Tribephyl is the MAN!!!! He did this one too!

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-13-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
FP: I tend to think Jim. But I think the deciding factor will be is he sick enough that he can not contribute at all? If he is still functional then he may be ok and Cindy is gone...

Boot Ed

09-13-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

I’m skeptical of picking Jim as the E1 boot purely based on him being sick on Day 2. As we’ve seen, he’s not the only one with health issues on Nakum, and more importantly, the weakest person on the tribe hasn’t been the first boot since S3 (and she was more than just nauseated).

An interesting thing to note is that person perceived as the weakest on the tribe has gotten votes in the last 3 non-ASS seasons, but not enough to boot them. The vast majority of the time, the first boot is the person who makes the worst impression socially within the tribe. Debb, Peter, John, Ryan, Nicole, Brook, and Jolanda ALL were voted out, at least in part, because they simply pissed off too many people.

Jim may very well be the first boot, but it won’t be because he was heaving on Day 2. If he goes first, it'll be because Jeff was right about his negativity.

Fester

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
An interesting thing to note is that person perceived as the weakest on the tribe has gotten votes in the last 3 non-##### seasons, but not enough to boot them. The vast majority of the time, the first boot is the person who makes the worst impression socially within the tribe. Debb, Peter, John, Ryan, Nicole, Brook, and Jolanda ALL were voted out, at least in part, because they simply pissed off too many people.

I don't disagree with you Fester, Jim seems to have all 3 marks against him: He is older, he gets sick, AND he may be a social outcast.

But I also just wanted to point out that in the first 3 days of the last bunch of survivors nobody has been physically ill to the point of drawing the boot fire. Yes, there may have been weaker players than the social outcast who got the #1 boot, but since Diane in Africa there hasn't been an outright sicky.

S11 PTB is HERE!!!!! Week 1 Entry

Whole Lotta Rosie 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-13-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

FP, I am with you 100%.

Based purely on the pre-show confessionals the most at-risk players were Lydia, Morgan, Cindy, and Jim. With Lydia and Morgan out of contention Cindy and Jim are pretty much a toss-up. But the deciding factor is the OFG theory. I have been seeing a lot of Cindy, but very little of Jim.

Initially I had Danni high on the boot list, but I think MB has plans for her. I agree that she will be developed as a character and may last for a while.

ETA

Gary, Brianna, and Brian did not receive pre-show confessionals. I am not sure if this means anything, but it could be a signal that MB has more time to develop these characters.

09-13-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
21. "I don't think we disagree"
All I'm saying is that folks are fixated on Jim being ill on Day 2 and history tells us that it's not the person who has the hardest time adjusting physically who gets booted. It's the person who has the hardest time adjusting socially.

Jeff says Jim is negative and gives him the worst marks of all the Nakum tribe. I'd focus more on that than on a two line blurb in a TV Guide article.

Personally, I'm moving away from Danni as the E1 boot, because Probst has been talking her up too much post-game to be a good E1 boot candidate. Jim looks like as good a candidate as the rest of them. I think Margaret is safe based on her bio and pre-show face time. I think BJ and Judd are safe because of weight loss tips. I think Brandon is safe because he doesn't seem like a schemer and he's bound to be a camp and challenge asset...and he's gotten a fair share of pre-show face time.

That leaves Jim, Brooke, Blake, and Cindy. I'd like to think Brooke is savvy enough to endure the first TC. Blake and Cindy are possibilities because they've had enough face time to be visible, but not enough to be the focus. Blake looks lethargic in camp photos and Cindy looks socially awkward. Jim is still the prime candidate, though, based on Jeff's prognosis. So we don't really disagree.

Fester

09-14-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: I don't think we disagree"
Probst has been talking (Danni) up too much post-game to be a good E1 boot candidate.

The way Probst talks about Danni reminds me of the way he talked about Jenna Morasca before Amazon. All of his comments seem to promote her as a character to watch. I think she's going to last a good while.

09-14-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Cindy = toast? (umm, not really)"
but since Diane in Africa there hasn't been an outright sicky

There was Tanya in Thailand, KO. But even that was six seasons past.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •