The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-05 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

Quartzeye, over at Sucks, was able to capture some frames from the TVGuide Channel Preview of Survivor: Guatemala. The same show will presumably air again tonight a 10 pm on the TV Guide Channel(Monday, Labor Day). Here are some of the vidcaps:

Here are the stand-ins doing a challenge:

You can see that they start on their mats on the beach, race to their boats, paddle out to retrieve something, then race back to shore.

Here are some shots of the II:

Here's Jiffy's "snuffer" at TC:

Here's the voting area:

and TC:

ETA: A few more clips of the challenge and to say that I think this is the first challenge. They must row out to get the lantern with fire in it then row back, drag their boats a shore, over many "speed bumps", and you can see that they are heading towards, tripod like structures to light their respective caldrons.

So the first IC challenge could be very very close. We have that one vidcap of Nakum(Yellow tribe) trailing Yaxha(blue) when they are returning to shore!

Thanks Quartzeye for capturing these!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcap... tribephyl 09-05-05 1
   RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcap... body 09-05-05 2
       RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcap... tribephyl 09-05-05 3
           RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcap... Scarlett O Hara 09-05-05 4
           RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcap... body 09-05-05 5
               RE: Michael Skupin tribephyl 09-06-05 6
                   RE: Michael Skupin body 09-06-05 8
 Contestants transcript? FesterFan1 09-06-05 7
   RE: Contestants transcript? Brownroach 09-06-05 9
       Found 'em. tribephyl 09-06-05 10
           RE: Found 'em. Brownroach 09-06-05 11
   Rafe's comment tribephyl 09-06-05 12
       RE: Rafe's comment Brownroach 09-08-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
Thanks for bringing these over, FP.

A couple of things I noticed...

1. I only see 8 people per tribe competing in this challenge.

Even though they are obviously "dream-team" members, I would figure that production would try to test run challenges with the appropriate amount of Survivor representatives. With BJ and Steph being considered as actual players it would bring the tribes to 9 members each. (Just something to think about)

2. In this cap ...

you can see that the "blue dream team" tribe has a clear and lengthy lead at this moment in the challenge.

However that lead is seriously in jeopardy in this next cap ...

as the "yellow dream team" tribe has all but caught up to them.

Although the "dreamteam" blue tribe goes on to win the challenge, it makes me wonder if the real tribe of Nakum will indeed out pace Yaxha when they get to the beach.
Seeing as how the lead in the next cap is so small...

I don't doubt that this cap may be mis-direction and Nakum pulls out a win after hitting the beach.

I lvoe JP's new snuffer. How do I get me one?

body 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-05-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
dont forget after dragging the boats there seems to be a cauldren for fire .how do you know blue wins ?

09-05-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
Hiya body, welcome to Blows.

I didn't forget about the Cauldren of fire.
I actually was referring to the "Blue DreamTeam" winning. As shown in this cap...

Notice the buff color.

My original post was referencing the distance needed to "catch-up" between what the DreamTeam achieved and what the "Pre-Season" ImmunityChallenge cap was implying.

IOW, I don't know that the blue tribe will win but moreso was speculating that the Nakum tribe are not "out of contention" just yet.

Capiche!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-05-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
I L*O*V*E TribePhyl's new Siggie, How do I git me one?

>
Scarlett

09-05-05, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail body Click to send private message to body Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TV Guide Channel Preview Vidcaps"
thanks for clearing that up . question .what do you think about mike from the outback being the male suprise?

09-06-05, 04:46 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Michael Skupin"
Although the only true conformation will come from watching the show, it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that it will be Stephenie and BobbyJon, from last season.

I feel for Michael and his untimely exit from the Outback season, but frankly he's kinda old news.
Plus on the scale of Popularity, although Michael scores high, BJ and Steph are in the top 5, alltime.
MB will want to take advantage of this popularity before it becomes trivial (or worse, forgotten) to the viewing audience.

IOW, it may not be "fair" that Stephenie and BJ are playing in the new season and Michael is not, but I can almost guarantee you that that is what is going to happen.

A siggie for Scarlett? I'll start working on one right now.

09-06-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Michael Skupin"
thanks for the insight. i agree mike is old news . but a damn good survivor .your most likely right. can`t waait to see.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Contestants transcript?"
Has anyone seen a transcript of what the contestants said in the TV Guide Channel promo? They profiled all 16 new Survivors, and I believe most if not all of that dialogue was new.

The thing that struck me most was Rafe speaking about an alliance with a "shorthaired blonde", which was immediately followed by a profile with Morgan. Rafe has a tendancy to babble, so it was hard to really pick up on whether he was disclosing an actual bond or one he was going to try to start. Since the interviews looked to be pre-show, I found it odd that he was already talking about alliances.

Fester

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Contestants transcript?"
I think I did see transcripts of these posted somewhere last week, but now I can't seem to find them. They might have been attached to a random link that I happened on. If I find them again, I'll copy them over there.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

09-06-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
10. "Found 'em."
From TDT

Lydia
Lydia: "My profession is a fishmonger. I've been working at a, um, fish retail outlet for 18 years. I can filet, I can steak, I can cut, I can gut. Any type of fish, you name it."

Jeff Probst: "Lydia the fishmonger: as charming as she is, if I were betting, I, I wouldn't bet on her. Now watch, I'll be at the finale, and she'll be sitting in the final two."
~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie
Jamie: - "I've never been outside of the United States before. I didn't even have a passport before, until recently, when I got picked for the show. I got one."
- "This is gonna be one of the best experiences of my life. You can't top this."

Jeff Probst: "I imagine he's gonna try and charm the women. And befriend the guys. I actually think Jamie might do all right. There's some question as to whether he'll fit in, but I, I think he might surprise people."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Gary
Gary: "I think it's been 15 years. My ash-blond hair is uh, you know, might be throwing 'em off a little. When people hear 'NFL' they think, uh, 'big bucks.' I was pre-big bucks. And, I don't want that to hurt me, or my chances at all. I'm expecting it to be, just, tough as nails. I'm ready mentally for that. You know, it's just, just like going to training camp."

Jeff Probst: "This is a guy who doesn't want to let anybody know what he's done. But what he has done is big time sports, big time spotlight, in the leader position - a quarterback."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brian
Brian: "Five years ago, when the first episode aired, I was 17 at the time, and I said: I'm going on that show. I'm gonna win that show. It's time, and it's my time. I'm gonna win. As a psych major I wrote about Machiavelli, and how it ties in. And about what kind of personality it would take to win the game. So, you know, I got 'A's on all those papers, so I know what I'm talking about."

Jeff Probst: "He is one of the most confident, uh... arrogant... Ivy League kids you'll ever meet. Brian, on day one, is gonna be in for a shock when he gets to that first challenge."
~~~~~~~~~

Rafe
Rafe: - "Although it's surprising not very many people are both Mormon and gay. Um... but, you know, I think it's, it's just part of who I am growing up. I don't really fit in with either of those, so I kind of had to make my own path. Um, which is fine with me. You know, like I'm, I'm totally happy with who I am, and like, the decisions that I've made in my life."
- "I'm an anthropology concentrator and biology, at Brown. Um, and I took a class on the Maya last semester. Um, with a professor who is a... leader in the Mayan field. So I was like, 'Whoa! That worked out well.'"
- "That girl with the short blonde hair? We're going to the final two, I just want to put that out there right now. She's gonna be my best friend, I think."

Jeff Probst: - "Rafe certainly is a favorite. Bright guy, funny guy."
- "I think he might have a good idea who to pair up with. He seems like he might be a quick study of people."
~~~~~~~~~

Morgan
Morgan: - "We could hate each other by day three, but, as of now.... "
- "I think before like, I open my mouth, and... and I talk, I think people just assume that I'm evil . I dunno, maybe I just have an angry look on my face? But as you can see, I'm not. I think the fact that I'm, you know, only 21, you know, I'm the baby. The fact that I'm not set in my ways, that I am very open-minded, very optimistic, I think that all of those things will, will help."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Brianna
Brianna: - "I remember when Survivor 1 first came out, and looking at those people, thinking 'those people are insane. I could never do that.' It looked amazing, and beautiful, and a challenge, no doubt. But I never, ever, would have put myself here."
- "A lot of people think I'm just some goody two-shoes that doesn't like to get her nails dirty, but uh, I think I can handle it. I think you'll be surprised."

Jeff Probst: "This game may be too much for her. Or she may surprise everybody and say you know what, watch... watch my guts. Because I got, I got 'em."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy
Amy: - "Who knows why I do these things? I'm out of my freakin' mind!"
- "I'm like... Fat Spice, surrounded by the Spi-... you know, compared to the Spice Girls in this game? But I think my girth's gonna work to my advantage. You know, I've been an athlete my whole entire life, I played woman's professional football, and I'm strong."
- "And if you tell me I have to go run five miles right now? I'll get it done. It might take me a while, but I'll get it done, you know what I'm sayin'?"

Jeff Probst: "Amy is... a combination to me, a little bit of Jolanda and uh... and Twila. You never know which way that person's gonna go."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim
Jim: - "I think I can do this. I've got the age thing, but I'm in good shape, and I work out all the time, so.... Hopefully I can pull it off."
- "Tom did well, yeah, yeah. And that's the kind of thing, I... I say, am I gonna tell these people I'm a firefighter? Because I'm gonna have a target on my back, you know, as... as big as the moon."

Jeff Probst: "A lot of the opinions, at least that I got, are negative. And he... 'I don't like this, I don't like that.'"
~~~~~~~~~~~

Cindy
Cindy: - "Stuff that they do on Survivor? Is stuff that, like, that's my life. That's the stuff that I do. Lived in a fish camp, and, built a fire in my front yard and sat there with my dog at night after work. I mean, I've cooked on an open flame, just because I could."
- "As far as this area? I'm just like right at home. Rain and everything, you know, we just got caught in a downpour. It's just like being at home. South Florida?"

Jeff Probst: "Cindy seems a little high-wired. A little high-strung. And, you know, when you introduce tension to somebody like that, they tend to either just shut down, which would probably help her, or they just light up like the Fourth of July, which will... help her go home."
~~~~~~~~~~

Brandon
Brandon: "I think they might think I'm the, uh, dumb, ignorant hick. Nice, nice innocent farm boy from Kansas? You know, that might play to my advantage, I might play that role a little bit. A little ways, but really I think I'm pretty cunning, and...."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Danni
Danni: - "I always wanted to be a professional athlete, but... it didn't work out that way. So it's kind of like getting to fulfill that dream a little bit."
- "Actually, I did a pageant a long time ago. And um, I adjusted pretty well for the most part to it. And I think I can read people, and I kind of know how to, to work with that. So I don't anything will be a problem, as far as that goes."

Jeff Probst: "Sometimes women don't do as well. Because they get to the end of the game, and they let men run over them. I don't think that'll happen with Danni. I think if Danni makes it deep, you'd better watch out."
~~~~~~~~~~

Blake
Blake: "My biggest thing is, I think that you can't underestimate Jeff Probst. I think that he's very much involved in the game, and it's not 16 that's out here right off the bat, it's 17. So, um, yeah... we'll see where that takes us."

Jeff Probst: "The interesting thing about Blake was, when we were actually in the casting room, and we brought all the women in, all the female producers, and....they didn't, they weren't taken."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brooke
Brooke: "I think there's some people that look, a little bit like, stronger, bigger than me. But, I think I have the physical, like, endurance, um... I did cross-country and run every day, and that kind of stuff, so I think I've got the endurance, and just the mental game to compete with everybody else."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Margaret
Margaret: - "From the very beginning, my sons would say to me, 'Mom, you should be on Survivor. You could win.' But it was never a time in my life until now that it seemed like it would work. So, here I am."
- "I grew up in a large family, we had 10 in our family. If you wanted something, you had to get it. Nobody, nobody got anything if you just waited 'til anybody offered, you know? So uh, I, I've always been intense. Whatever I wanted to achieve, I set the goal and went after it."
~~~~~~~~~~

Judd
Judd: - "Here we are in Guatemala."
- "As soon as they get out of their cab, I make their stay as pleasurable as possible. Give 'em a load of information, and send them on their way. And I want to provide for my tribe as, as much as I can. And they're gonna need me here, because I will provide for them."
- "The toughest part of the game is leaving my wife and my daughter. They are my two biggest fans. So I know that I have their support, which makes me feel comfortable. And they do not want to see me go home, unless I win."
~~~~~~~~~~~

New Survivor quotes regarding the Old Survivors, Steph and BJ:

Amy: "Well I really liked Stephenie from the last season. I thought she was tough and sucked it up."

Danni: "Stephenie is my favorite Survivor. I mean, I think everybody loves Stephenie."

Jeff Probst: "The issue of fairness comes up now. In one sense, these two have played the game before. So they're gonna know some shortcuts. Working against them, they've played the game before. And uh, people might have a bias against that."

tribe

09-06-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Found 'em."
Thanks, tribe. (Actually, this isn't what I saw last week at all, LOL.)

09-06-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
12. "Rafe's comment"
I posted the full transcript above. But wanted to discuss the Rafe quote in particular.

Firstly, it seems that the time of these quotes is sometime after they meet each other and probably after they are split into tribes.

Rafe: - "That girl with the short blonde hair? We're going to the final two, I just want to put that out there right now. She's gonna be my best friend, I think."

Sounds like Rafe has already picked his F2. And from the sounds of Morgans quote, that's a great choice for him.

Morgan: - "We could hate each other by day three, but, as of now.... "

Was that about Rafe? Do they already have an alliance?

- "I think before like, I open my mouth, and... and I talk, I think people just assume that I'm evil . I dunno, maybe I just have an angry look on my face? But as you can see, I'm not. I think the fact that I'm, you know, only 21, you know, I'm the baby. The fact that I'm not set in my ways, that I am very open-minded, very optimistic, I think that all of those things will, will help."

Even JP thinks so.
Jeff Probst:- "I think he(Rafe) might have a good idea who to pair up with. He seems like he might be a quick study of people."

To me it sounds like it's a foregone conclusion that these 2 have already discussed an end game strategy with each other.
It may service them well.
However, does this apply to the "strategies revealed never succeed" theory? If so ... it could also spell their doom. (At least one of them)

09-08-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Rafe's comment"
However, does this apply to the "strategies revealed never succeed" theory?

I would tend to limit this theory to what we are shown in the course of the show (or in the episode previews once the show is underway). People are not going to necessarily see all the interviews or read all the articles out there in advance of the premiere, so comments like Rafe's won't register with most people right now.

Doesn't mean a Rafe/Morgan alliance (if it happens) will succeed, but doesn't mean it will fail either.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •