The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 1 Title:" Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-02-05, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 1 Title:" Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise""
The title for the first episode is "Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise", thank-you Harold Balzaccio from Sucks.

Well, it won't really be a surprise for us when BJ and Steph show up. Last night, 9-1, I saw a new commercial that actually announced that there won't be one twist, there will be two, and that "2 of the most popular survivors are COMING back, and you'll never guess who they are!" So, we called it, their popularitiy is too important to the ratings, they can't keep it a secret, they're going to exploit them for all they're worth! When someone captures the vidcaps I'll be sure and post!

Back to the title....Big trek is obviously their 11 mile hike, big surprise is BJ and Steph, so what could be the big trouble?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 1 Title:" Big Trek, Big... coolbluepig 09-02-05 1
 TV Guide article FesterFan1 09-02-05 2
   RE: TV Guide article Brownroach 09-02-05 3
   RE: TV Guide article Flowerpower 09-02-05 4
   RE: TV Guide article KObrien_fan 09-02-05 5
   RE: TV Guide article JuniorTheorist 09-04-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-02-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 1 Title:" Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise""
maybe they would replace 2 survivors with steph and bj...

just a guess not much idea...

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "TV Guide article"
TV Guide article text from Sucks

Highlights:
11 mile trek at the beginning is first challenge. Winner gets flint and choice of camp.

Hike was more grueling than producers anticipated

Danni gets injured on hike (cuts and bruises on legs)

Blake still picking thorns out of his shoulder on Day 2

Jim is sick on Day 2 ("puking his guts out")

Promise of "Mayan-inspired" challenges including "a ball game that Kirhoffer describes as 'the great, great, great, great grandfather of basketball.'"

Not much, to be sure, but it's worth noting.

Fester

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TV Guide article"
The oldest cast member is also the puker. That would seem to be a bad combination if his tribe has to go to TC.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TV Guide article"
Great job finding the TV guide article, Fester! That clears some things up for me. So, the first episode will have "2" challenges then. First one is the 11 mile hike, winner gets flints and best camp, while the second challenge is for immunity.....which is probably the canoe race out and back and then the light the cauldron on the beach. The yellow tribe, Nakum, is seen in vidcaps with the smoke and blankets at their camp, so they most likely win the 11 mile trek. The vidcaps of the canoe race shows that Nakum is trailing the Yaxha tribes boat returning to shore, which only tells us that at one point in the IC the Nakum tribe was not in the lead....

Hope we get a few more vidcaps as the season gets close, I'm sure that we will!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TV Guide article"
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-05 AT 09:44 PM (EST)

The editing in the promos has been strange indeed. At first all we saw was Yaxha, Yaxha, Yaxha, and most specifically Amy, Brian, Gary, and Brianna got lot's of face time and quotes.

Now we are shown some weaknesses in Nakum- (Which looks like the stronger tribe on paper) Jim getting sick, and Danni hurting her ankle. Well I think that part is misdirection, I think Yaxha will lose the first IC.

The only couple of Yaxha members to still get major face time are Brianna and Gary. Could our leader QB be getting intercepted in the first episode? Or will he pull off a hail mary and get the tribe to boot Brianna? Both are high on my list. And I still think Amy is a Debb Eaton part 2, but lately she has all but disappeared...

S11 PTB is coming!!!!! And you don't want to miss it

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-04-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TV Guide article"
The Mayan basketball game?

Interesting percursor to basketball and soccer. Large field boxed in by stadium style seats - rectangular like soccer. Hoops are mounted on opposing walls of the field. Players can dribble (with their feet, like soccer) the ball around the field, passing, heading, etc. They must use (or as it is at least anthropologically constructed) their hips to bounce the ball through a small hoop mounted at right angles to the wall and the playing field.

Supposedly very very difficult, but I imagine the producers have simplified it tremendously. Though, if they use the old courts (which are beautiful and eerily predate our notion of the grand soccer stadium), it could be sweet.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •