The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CowboyWorld"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Just Plain Bill 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-08-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Just%20Plain%20Bill Click to send private message to Just%20Plain%20Bill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CowboyWorld"
Maybe he *does* have some entertainment value in the post-BB5 world after all. Didn't we discover last night that he has great potential as a martial artist? This has more comic potential than Jackie Chan.

BB5 producers could put together a great clip piece of Cowboy's self-promotional statements contrasted by his actual performances in the various competitions. Marvin wasn't far off when he stated that Cowboy had to be the least coordinated person on the planet. His little 'karate' kicks last night juxtaposed with his comments were hilarious.

But having said this, laughing at Cowboy's antics are coming with an increasing level of guilty feelings for me. I am really beginning to think that Cowboy's elevator doesn't get very far off the ground floor. The exaggerated opinions of one's abilities and talents -- I'm good looking, I'm an outstanding athlete, I can be a great actor, I'm very smart -- combined with his extreme level of emotional reactions (crying over almost everything), the desire to 'belong' (his Four Horsemen alliance and his dogged allegiance to that alliance despite clear signals he wasn't a 'full partner'), and his fixation on details of surroundings are pushing me toward a somewhat troubling conclusion.

I've got no problem intensely disliking the Jase's, Scott's, Holly's, Adria's, Natalie's, etc. But I'm starting to give CB a 'pass'.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CowboyWorld HistoryDetective 09-08-04 1
 RE: CowboyWorld missdashwood 09-08-04 2
   RE: CowboyWorld motormouth 09-09-04 3
       RE: CowboyWorld ongelis 09-09-04 4
           RE: CowboyWorld motormouth 09-09-04 5
           RE: CowboyWorld mamarizzo 09-09-04 6
               RE: CowboyWorld sisterwoman 09-09-04 7
           RE: CowboyWorld HistoryDetective 09-09-04 9
       RE: CowboyWorld missdashwood 09-09-04 10
           RE: CowboyWorld motormouth 09-09-04 13
   RE: CowboyWorld cookiehahnster1 09-09-04 16
       RE: CowboyWorld HistoryDetective 09-09-04 19
 RE: CowboyWorld okaychatt 09-09-04 8
 RE: CowboyWorld boaster 09-09-04 11
   RE: CowboyWorld Poncho 09-09-04 12
       RE: CowboyWorld motormouth 09-09-04 14
           RE: CowboyWorld RealityAddict 09-09-04 15
   RE: CowboyWorld cookiehahnster1 09-09-04 17
 RE: CowboyWorld Johnny88 09-09-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CowboyWorld"
I have to agree. I've never been a big fan of Cowboy (as so many of my past posts attest), but I'm starting to feel for him all the same. If Nakomis and Karen can't win, then I would much rather see Cowboy take home the money than either Diane or Drew. Diane just has such an abrasive personality and Drew is a dimwit who still manages to be somehow be the golden boy. Drew has a much better chance of getting all kinds of attention and money outside the Big Brother House, whether he wins or loses, so I'd prefer to see Cowboy take home the money.

missdashwood 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-08-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missdashwood Click to send private message to missdashwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CowboyWorld"
I also find myself feeling sympthy for the 'Gump' factor, but I doubt there is any true developmental or social problems-nothing clinical anyway. BB would have to test for that kind of thing wouldn't they?

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-09-04, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CowboyWorld"
Well, it seems like they don't have any IQ requirements, but as for further testing, I would think they only do the basic mental/physical health check. I am guessing cowboy passed the mental evaluation in that he has a clean record and *shudder* graduated HS. Of course you should consider that I am no expert on any of this and could be completely wrong.(?) Anyhow, missD, welcome to the boards and have fun!!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

ongelis 81 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ongelis Click to send private message to ongelis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CowboyWorld"
You know what I think? I think CB is just one of those "down home, home town, aww shucks, good ole boys" and that he didn't do very well in school for one reason or another, and that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Didn't he say that his his father ditched him and his mom? That was probably horrible for her and if he was really young at the time, it would have affected him profoundly. Another huge factor would be, that how it affected his mom would have also affected him - a double whammy. It just seemed to me that he was one of the kids that had an early wake up call to the fact that life wasn't all about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, who your playmates were ... probably had some really tough issues to deal with when he was very young and not adequately equipped to process everything. It tends to affect each person differently. Some might have those things happen and grow up quite cynical and semi-mean spirited, always waiting for the other shoe to fall - the "I'll get you before you get me" attitude. Others take it deeply to heart and have more of a "I am what I am, be honest with me as I am with you, talk to me, don't leave me, just love me" attitude. I'm quite taken with how deeply he seems to care for his fiance and her son - sort of sees in them, what he lived through and wants to prevent / take away the perceived hurt for them?

His fixation on the details of his surroundings could just be that he had an unwilling change dumped on him (father leaving), and he's never going to let something like that "sneak up on him again." One of those ... "if I had only seen it coming, I could have prevented it." Could be job training. Isn't he a security guard? Could just be part of his game play ... tries to pay attention to everything as it could be part of an HoH competition.

It's true, he doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer - but let's face it, many people are the same way, and they're still great people and highly enjoyable. They just can't compete on an academic level. Some know that they can't and don't try, others know that they can't but try to bluff their way through. He may have been teased when younger, and now feels the need to fit into any given situation, with any group of people, at any time. I think that if he wouldn't try so hard, he would actually fit in better. It may have been the environment that he grew up in.

I also sort of see (with CB), that his thought process in regards to having his own sitcom or some sort of entertainment career is kind of disturbing - particularly those scenes that he and the Twins would act out. When Marvin won that soap role comp, they flashed over for CB's reaction and in his eyes he appeared to be crushed. But he handled it well. I think he congratulated Marvin and said that he would have other chances outside of BB. I wonder about those other chances ... it could happen I guess, stranger things have happened (think William Hung / Amercian Idol).

That behavior could be linked back to how he may have been forced to grow up too fast, life was tough and he now has an underlying desire / drive to be loved or well liked - not just by those immediately near him, but by all. He may have a great deal of sadness / confusion that he's not consciously aware of and he's over compensating for it that way. It could also be just a desire to succeed ... you all have heard it ... "if you want to be successful, then dress for success, talk the talk, walk the walk." And for the more extreme (but I don't think this applies to CB) if you want something, act like you already have it. Don't speak negatively about it (I'd like to have it, but I don't think it will ever happen), instead, "speak it into existence" ... I want to be a star, therefore I am a star ... only a matter of time until the rest of the world realizes it. I think there's probably alot of people just like him, but he was one of the few that actually made it to TV, if only in the capacity of house guest on BB.

In watching this show, sometimes he really gets on my nerves and other times, he's a hoot. I had to laugh when I saw him working out with Adria and Natalie ... whoa!! Talk about being uncoordinated, and not at all flexible. And some of the stuff that he says, that comes out both twisted and backwards (or worse) is priceless.

I could be wrong, he might be a serial killer in the making ... but that's my take on him. What do you guys think?

I don't know. I've always loved these type of reality games. Love to watch the strategy and how people interact with each other. To me, that's entertainment. Many have said that I should have gone into the psychology field, but honestly ... I have enough of my own problems. Don't know if I would want to hear everyone else's problems on top of that.

At any rate, if between Drew, Diane and CB - would rather see CB (1st choice) or Drew (2nd choice) win. Really don't want Diane to win. If between Nakomis, Karen and CB, would prefer Nakomis (1st), CB (2nd choice). Between CB and Karen, at least CB has made an attempt to try and play. Karen, although likeable has just seemed too under the radar for me. I know that some say she's played a great game, but I just don't see it. She hasn't alienated anyone that I can think of, but she seems to have made more decisions not to do anything instead of trying to do something. CB tries. I don't think he knows what he's doing or why he's doing it, but somehow he managed to get this far. Perhaps it's just a fluke?

09-09-04, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CowboyWorld"
Hello and welcome, ongelis. You have obviously given this alot of thought and I respect your empathy towards others.
I think much of what you have written here could be true. However, there is always the possibility that CB did indeed have a happy life, as not all single parents are unhappy and gloomy. He might have had santa and easter bunnies too. And maybe not. (?) We just don't know.

You made a good point that CB has a good attitude. That is true and it may have helped get him this far in the game.

I personally find him to be annoying and unintentionally humorous. *But* I do hope he does well in life and finds continued happiness with his family.

Again, welcome to the boards ongelis!

*Courtesy of IceCat*

mamarizzo 86 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mamarizzo Click to send private message to mamarizzo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CowboyWorld"
Hi Ongelis,

I agree with a lot of what you have said. When I worked in HS, I saw a lot of CBs in various stages.

I also think that CB has dyslexia. It runs in my family (as kids, we gave it the name "backwarditis" before we knew what it was) and I see several elements (including his lack of coordination) which are elements of that syndrome.

CB has some degree of intelligence. Notice that he does well against Dr in Chess and apparently does well at cards. This indicates a strong use of memory skill, which again goes along with dyslexia.

I like CB and when K says she doesn't understand how he could care so much about "someone else's kid" and that that "kid isn't even his," I get aggrivated. Of course, this comes from the point of view of an adoptive mom who sees family as more than blood ties...

Just MHO...

sisterwoman 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-09-04, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisterwoman Click to send private message to sisterwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CowboyWorld"
WOOHOO!! Great reading here, guys!

mamarizzo, I am also a mommy to an adopted child. SHe couldn't be more "mine" or act more like me if I had given birth to her. Also, our oldest puppydog is named Rizzo!!!

My dh and I were just talking about this the other day- the whole cowboy thing. Isn't it interesting how Nak is so much more together in her thinking and actions than he is? We were talking about how important a father is in the life of a child. It's sad to think about. He missed out on that and seeing his reaction to the letter and pic from his bio-dad made my heart break for him. I too get the guilties for making fun of him. But he makes it so damned easy! Bless his Forrest Gump heart!

09-09-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CowboyWorld"
I can appreciate what you are saying, ongelis, and (as I noted earlier on this thread), even though I am not a huge fan of Cowboy, I am starting to sympathize with him more and more. Is he bad at playing the game? Certainly. Does that make him a bad person? No. (Unlike others in that house that I would cross the street if I saw them coming down the sidewalk toward me.) Considering so much of what you had to say, I'm starting to focus my feelings less on Cowboy and more on CBS for intentionally casting him to be the Dummy of the House (yeah, I know, that DNA twist played a role in the process too).

I do want to note that when they did interviews with Cowboy's mother during the second week or so, she indicated that she never told Cowboy's father that she was pregnant. He did not know that Cowboy even existed until CBS did the detective work. (As I remember the explanation: Mother and Father dated. Father was recently back from Vietnam War, very disillusioned, made comments about not wanting to bring a child into such a world. Mother found out she was pregnant, did not want think Father had the right worldview at that time to raise a child, broke off relationship and made herself scarce so Father would never know.) I just didn't want to dump all over the father for abandoning the family when it appears that he didn't have all the information...

missdashwood 19 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missdashwood Click to send private message to missdashwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CowboyWorld"
THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME MOTORMOUTH!

A little off subject, but am I the only one absolutely convinced that neither Cowboy or Nakomis would have made it even close to that house if not for the sibling surprise?

09-09-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: CowboyWorld"
Sadly, you may be right. Which is too bad for shows like this after we have seen how much they can bring to the game. Cowboy is loved or laughed at, Nakomis is also highly liked for her ability to play the game. Just goes to show that the producers should be more open minded about who they cast. I for one, enjoy the comic relief that CB supplies.

*and your welcome for the welcome*

cookiehahnster1 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-09-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cookiehahnster1 Click to send private message to cookiehahnster1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CowboyWorld"
LOL. He's not slow in the "he rode the short bus to school" way. He was just raised in an area where "you go, no you go, no really, go ahead..." is the norm at a 4 way stop. He's just slow. Whenever he gets going I want to yell at the TV "RUUUUNN Cowboy, RUUUUNNN...".

09-09-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: CowboyWorld"
"RUUUUNN Cowboy, RUUUUNNN..."

That may be one of the funniest things I've read about Cowboy recently. The guy (girl?) running hamsterwatch.com sometimes puts together long pictorial stories showing Cowboy just roaming around the house, checking to make sure everything is still there.

I think that "RUUUUNN Cowboy, RUUUUNNN..." would be a great caption for one of those stories.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-09-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CowboyWorld"
"I'm good looking, I'm an outstanding athlete, I can be a great actor, I'm very smart"

You forgot, "I'm too sexy." UGH!

The man's ego and lack of critical thinking skills has led him into a severe delusional state. April needs to run as fast as she can.

On the other hand, if he wins the million, April may stick with him long enough for the ink to dry on the marriage certificate, and then practice her sprinting skills.

He may have a big heart about April's son, but the guy scores a ten on the ICKY Scale.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

boaster 32 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boaster Click to send private message to boaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CowboyWorld"
>Maybe he *does* have some entertainment
>value in the post-BB5 world
>after all. Didn't we
>discover last night that he
>has great potential as a
>martial artist? This has
>more comic potential than Jackie
>Chan.
>

I was thinking he would be the perfect opening act for the William Hung 2005 Summer Tour

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-09-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CowboyWorld"
>I was thinking he would be
>the perfect opening act for
>the William Hung 2005 Summer
>Tour

Great idea boaster!!!

Poncho

09-09-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
14. "RE: CowboyWorld"
And the saddest part? He would be thrilled to do it.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-09-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: CowboyWorld"
He would consider it the "expense of a lifetime."

BWHAHAHAHAHA!

cookiehahnster1 34 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cookiehahnster1 Click to send private message to cookiehahnster1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: CowboyWorld"
CB couldn't even stand upright when doing his kicks. He kept falling over. He must think no one notices.

Johnny88 19 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Johnny88 Click to send private message to Johnny88 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CowboyWorld"
When I saw those lame Karate kicks, I was embarrased for Cowboy, AGAIN. The same way I was embarrased for him when he blurted out "it's Holly, it's Holly".

Cowboy seems like a real decent person. An all around nice guy. At times he has looked like a fool. On national TV, that's not a good thing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •