The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-05 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Edited to add: No, this is a sign-up thread. You want a sing-up thread, go to American Idol!

We are looking for volunteers to help with our official State of the Spoiling (SOTS) posts for Survivor: Guatemala.

What's that, you ask? Well... if you don't know by now, you must be new to the site.

Each week, we publish a thread that tries to consolidate and refocus all of the spoiling for the week. The goal of the thread is primarily to inform - it is a summary of the spoiling, not merely an index of the active posts in spoilers. Its goal is to encourage focused discussion of the theories that have surfaced each week, and to allow casual readers of the forum to "catch up" on the spoiling activity that has taken place in this forum (and elsewhere, as needed).

We are looking for volunteers to put together this thread on a week-by-week basis. Each SOTS is a one-week commitment, and here's what it entails:

1) Make an attempt to read all of the active (ie: unlocked) threads in Spoilers between Thursday Night (after the show airs) and Tuesday Night (actually... only five days).

2) Assemble a summary, including links back to the original posts, of the various spoiling theories, to be posted sometime Tuesday evening or Wednesday no later than noon.
We've found that this can be a rather time-consuming task... it
typically takes between an hour to three hours to summarize and link everything in Spoilers, but it may take you more or less time, depending on how organized you are.

sleeeve (we miss you, wherever you are!) claimed that he has found that the best approach is to take notes throughout the week as you read the forum, so that when it's time to post the SOTS, you already have an outline of what's been happening in Spoilers for a week.

Brownroach (a veteran SOTS writer and spoiler) suggests that the bookmark feature (link is at the top left of the forum thread) is invaluable in preparing the SOTS. You can start bookmarking the threads that you know you'll want to use well in advance, and make notes in the comments box as to what specifically is there that you want to refer to in the SOTS.

If you're not familiar with SOTS, please review some previous examples before volunteering for this task. Links to all of the SOTS from the previous two seasons can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser to visit our news archives:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/newssection.php?x=||5

If you are interested in volunteering to take on SOTS for a week, please reply to this thread, and indicate any dates that you are not available... Since we do not know the exact dates for some of the episodes, nor do we know the finale date, nor do we know how many episodes there are, some of these episode dates may change... we'll play this by ear.

Here's the deal: I will leave this thread open until after Labor Day. IceCat will design a new SOTS logo and e-mail the link to the first person who has to do a SOTS this season. Have fun!

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... KObrien_fan 08-30-05 1
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... Flowerpower 08-30-05 2
   pssst, FP... Brownroach 08-30-05 3
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... strid333 08-30-05 4
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... PepeLePew13 08-31-05 5
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... buckeyegirl 09-01-05 6
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... Scarlett O Hara 09-03-05 7
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... applejack93 09-04-05 8
 'Starts Thursday' *bump* Estee 09-12-05 9
 First two SOTS AyaK 09-12-05 10
   RE: First two SOTS KObrien_fan 09-12-05 11
   RE: First two SOTS buckeyegirl 09-15-05 15
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... SurvivaBear 09-12-05 12
 Oh, applejack93? AyaK 09-13-05 13
   RE: Oh, applejack93? applejack93 09-14-05 14
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... strid333 09-16-05 16
 RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... KObrien_fan 09-26-05 17
   RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of... applejack93 09-27-05 18
 Schedule AyaK 09-27-05 19
   RE: Schedule PepeLePew13 09-27-05 20
   RE: Schedule strid333 09-30-05 21
   RE: Schedule Flowerpower 10-03-05 22
   RE: Schedule Scarlett O Hara 10-03-05 23
   OH MY HECK! SurvivaBear 11-03-05 27
 Bump strid333 10-30-05 24
   Anyone else? AyaK 11-01-05 25
       RE: Anyone else? applejack93 11-02-05 26
 Continuing schedule AyaK 11-03-05 28
   RE: Continuing schedule applejack93 11-03-05 29
   RE: Continuing schedule KObrien_fan 11-04-05 30
   RE: Continuing schedule Flowerpower 11-04-05 31
   RE: Continuing schedule strid333 11-04-05 32
   RE: Continuing schedule Draco Malfoy 11-10-05 36
   Bump for Ep13 and Finale PepeLePew13 12-02-05 37
       RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale Brownroach 12-02-05 38
       RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale KObrien_fan 12-02-05 39
           RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale PepeLePew13 12-02-05 40
               RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale Draco Malfoy 12-05-05 41
                   RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale PepeLePew13 12-05-05 42
 Help please... applejack93 11-08-05 33
   RE: Help please... Flowerpower 11-08-05 34
       RE: Help please... applejack93 11-08-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
I am interested in doing a SOTS (can do more then one if necessary) and any week is fine with me, I can even do the first one if you would like.

S11 PTB is coming!!!!! MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-05 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Hi Ayak! Count me in! I have a blast doing them, and luckily I have KO for graphics! <**Waves to KO Fan**> I would love to do one, I prefer the mid to later episodes, but any date would be fine......as Coby would say....WHATEVER!

Waves to BRoach too!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "pssst, FP..."
That isn't Webby, it's AyaK.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-30-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
Can I do one?

Three is the perfect number.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-05, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
I'd like to give people a chance to do a SOTS, however if there isn't enough interest, I can certainly do one.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
I'd love to do a SOTS. If Survivabear can't do the first one, I'd love to do it, or any of them for that matter.

Sig by Kyngsladye, Bouncy by IceCat

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-03-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
I think I'd like to try my hand at one this season, Ayak! After all, I have learned a thing or two from the likes of KO_Fan, emydi and Flo Po. Count me in, Sugah!

My only request is that it be in the mid to late Season! Thanks.

Scarlett

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-04-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
I'd love to do another one. Last season, mine had to be a little bit later on in the season because of the time delay between where I live (Australia) and the U.S. but to tell you the truth I don't really mind where it is in the season, I'll be able to do it.

Count me IN.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "'Starts Thursday' *bump*"
Now or never, peeps. (This is not me volunteering. I don't know enough link coding to make a good SOTS.)

09-12-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "First two SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-05 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

applejack, since everyone's even pre-season, would you like to try the lead-off SOTS?

KObrien_fan, you had to do the lead-off SOTS last year. Your SOTS are a tough act to follow ... but I thought of you for week 2 this year, if that's OK.

buckeyegirl, want week 3?

Remainder to follow.

09-12-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: First two SOTS"
I'm fine with week 2. Thanks.

S11 PTB is HERE!!!!! Week 1 Entry

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: First two SOTS"
Week three is fine with me. Thanks!!

Sig by Kyngsladye, Bouncy by IceCat

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-12-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
I have not been around much, since they cut my internet access at work. However, I plan on stopping by here a lot more. I would love to do one mid-season.

Beware the Bear

09-13-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
13. "Oh, applejack93?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 07:20 PM (EST)

How is the first SOTS coming? Please post it even if we don't have the logo, once you have it done.

09-14-05, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Oh, applejack93?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-05 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

OMG! I've been away and didn't get the msg! I will do the best that I can though I must warn - it mightn't be pretty!

Don't worry you can count on me to do the best I can...

09-16-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
So far, I shouldn't have any timing conflicts except around the weeks of Oct 20 and Oct 31 and Dec 13. I'm taking a class and these are the dates of the exams and term paper.

09-26-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
Bump. Do we have a schedule yet for the remainder of the season? As I stated in my original post, if you don't have enough people to fill out the schedule I would be happy to do another.

09-27-05, 04:30 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor: Guatemala -- State of the Spoiling sing-up thread"
Me too. I'd be more than happy to do another SOTS especially seeing as though Survivor now airs on a friday night in aus, only about 8 hours after the U.S.

09-27-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
19. "Schedule"
I just haven't focused on this due to the mishmosh of my own personal life. Sorry.

Here's the schedule:

E1. applejack93
E2. KObrien_fan
E3. buckeyegirl
E4. PepeLePew13
E5. strid333
E6. Scarlett O Hara
E7. Flowerpower
E8. SurvivaBear

...and then it looks like we'll need to bring applejack93 and KO back, but I'll wait to see if anyone else is interested.

09-27-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Schedule"
>E4. PepeLePew13

Next week? Works for me! Things start getting real busy at work after Canadian Thanksgiving, so it's perfect.

Scratch and sniff

09-30-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Schedule"
Ep 5 should be ok with me.

10-03-05, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-05 AT 07:35 AM (EST)

E7. Flowerpower

Episode 7, good to go! Also, if you need me to do another one, I'd be happy to do it.

Thanks, fp

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-03-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Schedule"
I'm on it, Ayak ... E. 6 for me! Thanks, Scar

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-03-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "OH MY HECK!"
I knew I would screw this up. I seem to have lost a week somewhere. I want to sincerely apologize to this community. Despite my vow to check here regularly, I have been distracted and just checked in today. Aya, thanks for your confidence in me and I am sorry I disappointed everyone. Please feel free to take my name off.

Beware the Bear

10-30-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
24. "Bump"
And I'll throw my hat into the ring again, if you need another writer. But I'll let people who haven't had a chance yet to go.

Trick or treat. Smell my feet.

11-01-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
25. "Anyone else?"
I have to assign the remaining episodes this week -- anyone else want to do one?

11-02-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Anyone else?"
I'll do another one if necessary (although I think I already posted that here...)

11-03-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
28. "Continuing schedule"
Well, it looks like we won't have an E8 SOTS. Sorry to everyone. So here are the next 3 (if these weeks work out OK for you all):

E9: applejack93
E10: KObrien_fan
E11: strid333

We still need two more volunteers for the last two weeks.

11-03-05, 11:07 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Continuing schedule"
Ep. 9 is fine with me! Thanks!

11-04-05, 05:52 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Continuing schedule"
I'm on board for the E10 SOTS and if you get no other volunteers I would be willing to do the finale one as well, I know that one has to get out quickly and could do that if needed just let me know.

11-04-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Continuing schedule"
I'd be willing to take another, ayak...

11-04-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Continuing schedule"
Looks good for me.

Three is the perfectnumber.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Continuing schedule"
If you want, I can do the next to last episode. I'd rather not do the final episode with such a time crunch, cause as you've seen by my summary I'm a notorious procrastinator.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

12-02-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
37. "Bump for Ep13 and Finale"

>We still need two more volunteers
>for the last two weeks.

We didn't get a SOTS volunteer for this past week, but we still need two people to write SOTSes for this coming week and for the finale.

Draco, are you still up to doing this coming week? If so, that leaves just one person to do the finale SOTS to be posted on Friday.

Scratch and sniff

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale"
KOFan said up above that she could do the finale. I suggest that she take it, if she still wants to.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

12-02-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale"
I am still available for the finale if that is OK, I will plan to do it.

12-02-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale"
Great! I'll PM Draco and see if he wants to do this week.

Scratch and sniff

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale"
I'm in!

"Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal." - Benjamin Franklin

12-05-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Bump for Ep13 and Finale"
Thanks, Draco!

Scratch and sniff

11-08-05, 07:08 AM (EST)
33. "Help please..."
Would anybody be able to swap their SOTS with mine (this week, ep. 9) at late notice?

I've just had a death in the family (my grandfather) about two hours ago and I really can't put myself up to it this week...next week I should be alright but at the moment it's just the wrong time...

If someone could help me out I would be really appreciative. Reply to this message if you're interested so that I know I'm not going to let you down...

11-08-05, 07:18 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Help please..."
I'll do it for you AJ!....No worries, and please accept my heartfelt condolences as well...

11-08-05, 07:22 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Help please..."
Fantastic FP! I knew someone would come to my rescue...phew! What a load off my back...

I cannot thank you enough.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •