The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"E1 Intro Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-19-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"E1 Intro Promo"
The next Survivor will take you deep into the Guatemalan jungle.
16 new castaways will face their toughest challenge right from the start.
And if you're expecting a big twist... there won't be one.
This time, there'll be two.
Morgan : "Oh, my God!"
And if we told you what they were, we'd have to sacrifice you to the Mayan gods.
Survivor Guatemala begins Thursday, September 15th, only on CBS.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: E1 Intro Promo alwaysintruble1 08-19-05 1
   RE: E1 Intro Promo KObrien_fan 08-19-05 2
 RE: E1 Intro Promo coolbluepig 08-19-05 3
   RE: E1 Intro Promo seahorse 08-22-05 27
 RE: E1 Intro Promo Flowerpower 08-19-05 4
   RE: E1 Intro Promo Scarlett O Hara 08-19-05 5
   RE: E1 Intro Promo robindobindoodledoo 08-19-05 8
 RE: E1 Intro Promo PepeLePew13 08-19-05 6
 RE: E1 Intro Promo oncebitten 08-19-05 7
 BJ ??? Flowerpower 08-19-05 9
   RE: BJ ??? Brownroach 08-19-05 10
       RE: BJ ??? gwrbassin1 08-19-05 11
           RE: BJ ??? PepeLePew13 08-19-05 12
               RE: BJ ??? Corvis 08-19-05 13
                   RE: BJ ??? PepeLePew13 08-20-05 21
                       RE: BJ ??? Corvis 08-20-05 23
               RE: BJ ??? Brownroach 08-19-05 14
 RE: E1 Intro Promo redbeard103152 08-19-05 15
 RE: E1 Intro Promo Scarlett O Hara 08-19-05 16
 Steph & BJ: One twist or two? FesterFan1 08-20-05 17
   RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? KObrien_fan 08-20-05 18
       RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? Incognito9 08-20-05 19
   RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? Scarlett O Hara 08-20-05 20
       RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? PepeLePew13 08-20-05 22
       RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? Spidey 08-21-05 24
           RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? packrat 08-21-05 25
   RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two? Brownroach 08-22-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-19-05, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
Please tell me that isn't Bobby Jon standing on the Ruins, and the two twists will be he and Steph standing there to greet them when they arive?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-19-05, 05:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
OK, then I won't tell you.

But you are right, that is exactly what the twist is.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-19-05, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
2 twists hm exciting...

twist 1- steph and bj would be there...
twist 2- steph and bj will replace two of survivors???

dunno...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
I think they would be voted out immediately if they came into the game.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-05 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

Thanks VG for bringing these over! I saw this promo twice last night and am thrilled to finally do a little vidcap dissection! I'll give it a go!

First we have some shots of the DAWS during their initial 11 mile hike:

Brandon

Cindy

Brianna

Gary and Jamie(wearing yellow shirt)

Ami, Jamie(wearing reddish/orangish shirt, so not the same hike as in the photo above with Gary), and Gary

After their respective hikes they arrive at their camp sites and suddenly standing high upon the Mayan Ruins are the "two big twists", BJ at Nakum and Stephenie at Yaxha!...

Then there looks to be some challenge shots. We know from the background where Jiffy gave the cast assessment that they were building cauldrons held on poles, so we can perhaps presume that fire will be involved(typical fire is life first challenge). They were being constructed on the banks of a lake of some sort. So perhaps the two tribes will be racing their canoes out and around things, perhaps retrieving things, and then back to the shore to finish up finally lighting the cauldrons. First to light their fire, wins. Here are challenge shots:

Here's Rafe and I think Lydia behind him, I know it's Rafe as he's the only one with a blue shirt with double pockets in front, from Yaxha

Here's a shot of Nakum/Yellow with Cindy, head down in front, then Brooke with hat on screaming, then a guy with brown hair and shades on his head wearing no shirt, then I think Margaret(head down).

Here's a second shot of Nakum with Cindy in front and Brooke behind her. NOTE that they are well behind the Yaxha/Blue boat seen in the clip in front of them. Also note that they are heading back, returning to shore. At this stage of the challenge, Yaxha is well in the lead.

I also wanted to note that there are individual shots of: Gary, Judd(what is he doing in that mud? Could he be trying to get to shore to light the final cauldron...is this another clue that Nakum may fall short?), Brandon, Cindy, Rafe, Brian, Brianna, Morgan. According to the OFG theory, one of these is likely the first bootee. I also want to note that Gary, Brian, Ami have been "featured" in the Early Show Promo, the Entertainment Tonight Promo, and again on the first CBS promo for the show. After the ES and ET promos the running list of possible first bootees contained: Brian, Ami, Blake, Danni, Brianna, Gary, Judd, and Brandon. Blake and Danni are not featured in this new promo so could one assume our list of first bootees can be trimmed down to Brian, Ami, Brianna, Gary, Judd, and Brandon.

...food for thought!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-19-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
I am in agreement that that is indeed Bobby Jon up there on the ruins! Yeah Baby -- Beefcake is back!!!

In this pic, however, we could look at it another way ... that the Nakum (yellow) team could be turned around and already heading back to shore, while the Yaxha (blue) team may still be headed out to sea and may not have turned around to head back to shore yet.

>

In other words, we do not know if the blue canoe is coming or going, and based on this, we cannot determine yet if they are winning this competition.

>...food for thought!

robindobindoodledoo 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-19-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail robindobindoodledoo Click to send private message to robindobindoodledoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
I think that is Lydia in the reddish orange shirt not Jamie.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"

Is the twist that Gary is growing vampire teeth?!?

It's interesting to me that they seem to be giving us Bobby Jon standing up there (the first pic with him in it, you can distinctly tell it's him from his body type and the same type of shorts he wore in Palau) ... but they're not giving us Stephenie. Yet. Maybe they knew that Steph's boby type would be too much of a giveaway?

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-19-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
The first thing that I noticed when I watched it was "16 new castaways". That statement just stood out to me. Yeah 16 are new but 2 are old, so there could be 18 castaways.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "BJ ???"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-05 AT 11:58 AM (EST)

Here's some pics for comparison:

I just don't know if that's him or not???
Can anyone zoom in on that top shot on the ruins and lighten it up to see better???

ETA: Robin, I think that you are right, I think that is Lydia in the reddish shirt following Amy in the above vidcaps, not Jamie!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: BJ ???"
I am quite sure that is Bobby Jon.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

gwrbassin1 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-19-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gwrbassin1 Click to send private message to gwrbassin1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: BJ ???"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-05 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

I do not know looks like Jeffy welcomeing them.

But I am not sure.

08-19-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: BJ ???"
You could be correct. The body type is similar for both Bobby Jon and Jiffy, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If they're going to show us Bobby Jon's silhouette, why not show us Stephenie's as well?

Scratch and sniff

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: BJ ???"
I was thinking that was just some extra that we'll see in the opening credits.

08-20-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
21. "RE: BJ ???"
Hey Corvis, don't you have some blog to write up?

You might very well be correct there. I think a lot of people are jumping on this as being BJ/Jiffy because it's the right body type and both have been known to wear the same type of pants as the silhouette figure.

So far, I'm leaning this way: 50% Jiffy, 25% BJ, 25% extra.

Scratch and sniff

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: BJ ???"
Heh. I should get over there and write something. Everyone's probably interested in the first boot, huh?

I'm, um, kidding, of course. Or am I? Bwah hah hah.

08-19-05, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: BJ ???"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-05 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

The physique looks too lanky to be Jeff Probst, imo.

Eta: sorry, I mean to post this up above.

And it does look like a typical shot with an extra from the opening credits but why would they be using it when they are talking about a "twist"? Seems suspicious to me.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-19-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
The most important thing in my opinion will not be known until the show premiers. That is just how exactly will Steff and Bobby Jon figure into this years show. I tend to believe that they will be cast in the role of coaches or team leaders of some kind.I don't think they will be actual contestants again. This might be a way for them to tie in the Mayan traditions and the background of Guatemala into the show.Until we know just what part these two play in the game it will be hard to figure out what part they will play in the way the game plays out.RedBeard

08-19-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: E1 Intro Promo"
This is indeed Bobby Jon -- without a doubt!! Trust me, I can say this with absolute surety!

and here are a few photos of him in Ep.10 for comparison:

This is the same BJ we all have grown to love -- look at the way he holds his arms; the long waist; and the scrawny calves. This is Most certainly BJ!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-05 AT 00:14 AM (EST)

I know we'll probably get the answer to this when MB and JP start making the media rounds, but I thought I'd throw it out there for thoughts.

Is bringing contestants back a single twist, or should we just call Steph Twist 1 and BJ Twist 2? And if their return is only one twist, what might the other be? The fact that they have an overnight trek to camp? That would suck to hear if your a cast member, but it's not a "twist" in the true sense of the word. Point is, if there's another E1 twist, it hasn't been unearthed as yet.

Fester

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
I think it would make things very interesting if twist one is that BJ and Steph are the tribal chiefs and twist #2 is the role they play.

If their role is to be the "coaching" mentor but yet they can vote at tribal council straight up or in the event of a tie, then that would certainly keep all of the players on their toes. It could also possibly take away 2 jury spots and therefore make for a later merge. This would keep BJ and Steph in the game for the duration so CBS can milk their popularity, it could be the way CBS awards each of them a flat fee for their services.

Incognito9 1622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-20-05, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito9 Click to send private message to Incognito9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
Going out on a limb here:

Any chance the twist could involve both tribes staying at the same camp, and not just for 2 days like in Palau?

Or that both tribes attend each Tribal Council, whether the team won immunity or not.

Right.... my ideas suckk...

KOb_f, I like your idea a lot though. It seems like something they would do.

08-20-05, 07:35 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
I think the intention of the commercial is that there is not just one surprise, but two -- therefore BJ would be twist one and Steph twist two...

08-20-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
I don't know, I would be more likely to see BJ and Steph as being one twist with the explanation of why they're in the game. Twist two would be something else -- maybe their living arrangements amongst the ruins?

Scratch and sniff

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
I totally agree, Scarlett. "Not one twist, but two" (with the was the voice over emphasized "two") struck me immediately to mean (1) Steph and (2) BJ.

It's just the type of play on words EPMB loves to use.

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
It looks more like Jiffy to me than Bobby Jon. I don't care if it is Steph and Bobby Jon, Just so it's not Wanda (and Jonathon) since they didn't get to stay on Palau.

08-22-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Steph & BJ: One twist or two?"
I think it's six of one and a half dozen of the other. You could say that Bobby Jon and Stephenie are two separate twists, or you could say that each is part of the same twist for their respective tribes. If #2, you could say that the roles they are playing constitutes the second twist; if #1 you could say that is just part and parcel of each of them being there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •