The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anybody else notice this?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dphagan 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dphagan Click to send private message to dphagan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anybody else notice this?"
I was reading the bios on the CBS homepage, and noticed something possibly disturbing. Three of the castaways (Judd, Jamie, and Cindy) have twins. Two of those are noted as being identical twins. Is it possible that Survivor is going to pull a Big Brother and swap the twins in and out during confessionals? Please say it ain't so.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anybody else notice this? nailbone 08-12-05 1
 RE: Anybody else notice this? Pretty_Kitty 08-12-05 2
   RE: Anybody else notice this? KLicK 08-12-05 3
       RE: Anybody else notice this? Pretty_Kitty 08-12-05 4
 RE: Anybody else notice this? seahorse 08-23-05 5
   RE: Anybody else notice this? PepeLePew13 08-23-05 6
       RE: Anybody else notice this? Brownroach 08-23-05 7
           RE: Anybody else notice this? seahorse 08-23-05 8
               RE: Anybody else notice this? Aruba 09-04-05 9
                   RE: Anybody else notice this? PepeLePew13 09-05-05 10
                       RE: Anybody else notice this? viruslqc 09-06-05 11
                           RE: Anybody else notice this? Brownroach 09-06-05 12
                               RE: Anybody else notice this? Rasta 09-14-05 14
 RE: Anybody else notice this? RudyRules 09-11-05 13
 RE: Anybody else notice this? Corvis 09-14-05 15
   RE: Anybody else notice this? VolcanicGlass 09-15-05 16
   RE: Anybody else notice this? Flamingo12a 09-15-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Well, BB did the "bring back a booted contestant" first (when Amy came back), and Survivor then had the "ghost tribe" after that, so I guess anything's possible.

o-

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-12-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
I did notice I posted it somehwere but I'm sure it's buried now but I was wondering if they're going to do the twin thing but how does that fit into the whole Mayan culture thing? I really don't know can't wait for the new season in the meantime they are about to start Survivor Australian Outback on OLN

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-12-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
A poster at SurvivorAddicts (Slitter) has done a lot of research on Mayan history/traditions/culture. She posted this in response to the twin speculation:

I don't know how deeply I went into this part of their story in my earlier post about the Hero Twins (why this would fit such a twist). The twins father was one of two men who went into the underworld to play ball with the gods. What they didn't know is that they were called/invited to do that because their constant playing of the ball game made too much noise and made the gods mad. So the gods set up a bunch of tricks that pretty much made fools of them and finally killed and decapitated them. They hung the heads in a tree and one of them spit into the hand of a woman (the twin's mother), magically impregnanting her.

Now here is where it makes sense. The twins found the ball game gear and also began to play thus annoying the gods all over. But the twins couldn't be fooled by the gods' tricks but were able to trick them several times themselves. In the last trick, one twin killed the other and then brought him back to life. The gods demanded they do the same for them so the twins did. Well, the first part of it anyway.

In a nutshell, the twins (and I think there are other stories associated with them about it) are strongly associated with using trickery so it seems likely that all of these twins could possibly be involved with some sort of trickery - this time on EPMB's part.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-12-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
VERY interesting thanks for posting that I'm REALLY excited about this next Survivor because of where they are I can't wait to see what else they come up with

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
It would be a lot tougher to switch twins in and out the game on Survivor than on BB. I doubt that the twins are anything more than a coinsedence.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Also, it'd be tough to get the twins to switch grungy, dirty clothing and have the same grungy, dirty look -- including yellowed teeth, fetid breath, cuts and scrapes, wild hair, etc.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Maybe MB will look exclusively for people with twins as a sort of insurance policy in the future, after all the quitters he's had to deal with. If one of the contestants wants to quit, MB just deposits the twin into the game instead.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Now that could be an idea.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-04-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
I have to agree with the prior post that due to the non-bathing and inability to maintain any hygene habits, switching twins would not work...unless the other castaways are totally moronic.

As to using the switches to safeguard against "quitters" I have a better idea. CBS could do a better job casting; I hope they have REAL hard-nosed players this time around. I realize sometimes you can't make the call, i.e. Jeff who severely hurt his ankle. But with others, i.e. Janu, Asley and Kim...these were absolute no-brainers. I knew in the first 15 minutes of the season premiere that these three ladies would bail.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Actually, having these three in the game fits the general profile of "16 Americans from all walks of life" -- I think it'd be a lot more boring if we got a bunch of savvy uberSurvivors (see All-Stars).

So the solution to the quitting problem is to tell them "hey, sign a contract and you're not allowed to quit the game because you don't feel like it. If you want to leave, you got to get the others to vote you out."

I have no problem with Jeff, Ashlee and Kim being voted out the way they were, but I do have a little problem with Janu whining to be excused from the game, along with Osten. Also, Ian needs to go to TC and be voted out in the traditional manner instead of saying "see ya" at the dock immediately after the final TC in S10.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

viruslqc 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-06-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail viruslqc Click to send private message to viruslqc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Well, when it comes to quitters I have to say something. I don't think MB takes a 39 day vacation in each of his chosen locations in order to decide its suitability for Survivor. Things happen in the game that no one expects, such as the physical problems that happened with Osten. I haven't seen Pearl Islands (eagerly awaiting the DVD set) but I heard that he experienced some rather unusual and severe physical problems (holes in his skin or something like that?).
So in other words, with regards to physical problems, stuff like that happens.
Jenna Morasca simply made a bad judgment call when she returned to All-Stars. Should she have been denied the right to sit beside her dying mother's bed?
Sue Hawk was simply a complete ##### about the thing with Richard. He's gay for Christ's sake. He didn't mean anything by it and she should have known that. She kept thinking about it so that she would get upset enough to justify quitting. She shouldn't have been allowed to quit.
Finally, with regards to Janu quitting: Janu was a changed person after she spent that night alone when she lost the challenge first. She could handle it. She quit to give Steph a chance. Steph's head was on the block that night, and Janu would have been next, and Janu knew that she herself could not win every immunity challenge to the end, thus she would never have made the final two. Once Coby was voted off, Janu's fate was sealed. Janu started the whole quitting conversation at Tribal Council because she knew Jiffy would follow up on it. Jeff had no problem with her quitting because he knew the situation, and he also knew that Janu was making the game more exciting by quitting. I think that's the first time someone has quit to give someone else a chance.
If Janu hadn't been allowed to quit, Steph would have gone that night, and Janu would have gone the next week, and honestly, it would have been pretty boring.
In short, the option to quit can bring a unique element to the game. In Borneo, BB essentially quit. He told his tribe to vote him off. Had he not done that, Ramona might have gone that night, because Gretchen wanted her gone, and I think BB might have stuck around, and that could have changed things somewhat.
So Janu was whining, but not because she couldn't handle it. She's a Vegas showgirl, and the whole thing was an act. It ended up being a power play.
With regards to TC at the dock in Palau, that challenge went on forever. I don't think Jiffy really wanted to make that hike either. The deal was struck between Tom and Ian, and Jiffy asked if they wanted to hold TC right there. It was pretty clear what was going to happen anyway.
In australia, Rodger told Tina that if it came down to whether he or elisabeth should be voted off, he asked to go in order to give her a chance.
I have to disagree with you about the three girls mentioned before. Yes, it kind of does satisfy the all walks of life thing, but Kim was completely useless. So was Katie, Jen, and Ashley. It's too bad that CBS cast four people who basically had no shot at the money. Four people with an actual chance could have been cast instead.
But no, I don't think that quitting should be forbidden. The option to quit adds a unique dimension to the game.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Things happen in the game that no one expects, such as the physical problems that happened with Osten. I haven't seen Pearl Islands (eagerly awaiting the DVD set) but I heard that he experienced some rather unusual and severe physical problems (holes in his skin or something like that?).

I believe Osten did have some really yucky skin sores by the time he left the game.

But the thing is: Osten started talking about quitting in Episode 2. He hadn't even been there a week yet. He asked most of his tribe to vote him out before the second tribal council -- and Lillian DID vote for him, and Ryan may have too.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Rasta 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-14-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Osten was the biggest quitter in Survivor history. He wasn't sick or injured. He simply wimped out. Interestingly, I heard him on Survivor Talk on Fishbowl, and he actually thinks he'd have a chance to be on the next all-star edition.

As for Janu, she bought Stepanie 3 more days. Stephanie was voted out next, so Janu's "sacrifice" had no impact on the game. Good drama, though. At least Steph had a chance to win Immunity, and a chance to make a deal with the remaining girls. She was unsuccessful in both.

Other quiters:

Jenna M - I don't blame her for leaving. She had already won $1 million, and would have been targeted early in the game. She realized that she needed to be with her mother. Kinda spooky in a Sixth Sense kinda way.

Sue Hawk - Loser

Jeff (from Pulau) - He was seriously hurt. At least he waited for TC.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-05 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Interesting theory.
It seems far too coincidental to me for 3 of 15 to have not only twins, but identical twins.
My guess is that they do play a role in the game somehow.

Your defending two time college football pool champion

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-14-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
From the media teleconference yesterday:

Question: Looking at the cast biographies, 3 sets of twins. Twins figure really big into the Mayan culture. Is there anything about that in the show, do the challenges incorporate twins in anyway?

JP: You know alot more than anyone else has brought up. There is folklore about the twins and gods. We already knew what challenges we were going to do related to Mayan culture. We do have some that are basically descendants of games that the Maya played. We modify them to make them into a Survivor challenge. How they built things comes into play. We didn't know that we had all these twins until we cast the show. We toyed with it. How could we incorporate it.

Now I listened to part of this teleconference and heard this. That last sentence was not what I remember. To me it sounded like Probst said, "But we couldn't incorporate it."

But even if I heard it wrong and the Survivor Fever person heard it right, I still think it sounds like they didn't have much luck working the twins in.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-15-05, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
We toyed with it. We toyed with it about how could we incorporate it, but in the end, you don't even know if they're ever going to know if they're twins, or if they're going to admit it, or any of that stuff.

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-15-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Anybody else notice this?"
Maybe the rest have twins also, and MB hasnt allowed that into the bios. and each tribe will have one of the twins on each side, competing against their twins on the other teams. The sets of twins wont be playing together, until the merge happens!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •