The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Great decision to select Ian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

reality4u 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality4u Click to send private message to reality4u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Great decision to select Ian"
Ian and Matthew are both great. It was a tough decision but I applaud Meredith for following her heart instead of doing what most of us would do - select the more predictable/safe choice. It shows that she's a strong woman and isn't afraid to take risks.

Matthew's very noble response to Meredith's decision shows that he is indeed a great guy. However, there's no excitement with Matthew.

With Matthew, Meredith would be settling for a great guy that she doesn't passionately love. With Ian, Meredith chose passion, love, and excitment! We would all love to be swept off our feet.

They are great together and I wish them the best.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Great decision to select Ian pandorella 02-26-04 1
   RE: Great decision to select Ian lennon29 02-26-04 2
       RE: Great decision to select Ian AMAI 02-26-04 4
 I'm not alone! AMAI 02-26-04 3
   RE: I'm not alone! Nascargirl48 02-26-04 5
       RE: I'm not alone! freakusmaximus 02-26-04 6
       RE: I'm not alone! pandorella 02-26-04 7
           RE: I'm not alone! minkey 02-26-04 10
       RE: I'm not alone! tweet 02-26-04 12
           RE: I'm not alone! pandorella 02-27-04 18
   RE: I'm not alone! minkey 02-26-04 9
 RE: Great decision to select Ian mmm_link 02-26-04 8
 Me too, me too!! SilverStar 02-26-04 11
   RE: Me too, me too!! pandorella 02-27-04 19
 RE: Great decision to select Ian Rockytop Chick 02-26-04 13
   RE: Great decision to select Ian reality4u 02-26-04 14
       RE: Great decision to select Ian kelli_blue 02-26-04 15
       RE: Great decision to select Ian minkey 02-26-04 16
 RE: Great decision to select Ian silesia18 02-26-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
Wow,it looks like reality4u and me,(pandorini)are the only 2 that feel the same way.Is that possible? we are the minority when it comes to Ian being picked but you said it well,...Meredith did not play it safe for the sake of getting the ring.And i applaud her for following her heart.There is always a chance that the person you pick will not love you back.That is what happened with Matt.It does not make Meredith or Ian evil because they picked each other.

Meredith picked the right man for her so it was a great decision to select Ian.She might know something we don't.

lennon29 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lennon29 Click to send private message to lennon29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
I'm completely with you guys!

I thought it was the best rose ceremony yet. It was real and extremely emotional and you could see how Ian and Meredith connect in a way that her and Matt never could. Matt said all the right things and was obviously a great guy, but I didn't see that he burned with emotion for her like Ian did.

I think people assuming Matt was the best fail to see how alike Ian and Meredith are. When Ian said 'everything I own is in storage', her family nudged her and said 'who does that remind you of.'

I think he came on the show skeptical, but still open to the possibility of love. And when it was there he listened to his heart and instincts and went for it!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
Lennon, also well said.

It's not about being "the best" guy on some scale. It's what is best for the person making the choice.

I'm happy for them and hope things go well.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I'm not alone!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-04 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

I've been an Ian fan since the first day!!!!

Reailty4u,good post and I agree. Pandorella, looks like we've got a small group, but we're the best!

Yay Ian Fans!!

I posted to shortnsassytxn's thread about how Matt is so much better than Meredith and is too good for her, in order to disagree with that.

All the other posters in that thread are pro-Matt.

Nascargirl48 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nascargirl48 Click to send private message to Nascargirl48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'm not alone!"
Include me too!!!!!!!! I have thought Ian had "something special" since the 1st night. I am soooo glad she picked him. They truly are soulmates. Now that's not to say I don't like Matt b/c I do but he was not right for her. That was all it came down to. Mere knew Matt was a great guy but not the PERFECT guy for her which Ian clearly is!!!!!!! Last night was so romantic. I loved Ian's proposal. It was so romantic and so sweet and so spur of the moment. It was the best moment ever in this series hands down. My fave moment was when Ian told Mere "he knew" the first night and her reaction. It was so cute.

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-26-04, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'm not alone!"
I dont understand how you can say Ian's proposal was romantic when he didnt even say "will you marry me" he gave her the ring as an after thought- because the network paid for it so he might as well have given it to her
this is not to say I think meredith made the wrong choice- I do think Ian was the right choice for her. but I see them at the early stages of dating- not at the point of being in love (note he didnt say he was in love) and certainly not ready for marriage!

02-26-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I'm not alone!"

Yeahhh! Ian fans!!! Now that we are together,don't you agree that Ian has the "it" factor?

Meredith and Ian are just hot together.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I'm not alone!"
Pandorella - I agree... He's cute, intense and yummy!

tweet 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tweet Click to send private message to tweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I'm not alone!"
Hello everyone!

My first post here
I would also like to say I like Ian better than Matthew.
They are both great guys, but I just feel Mathew is too good to be true sometimes; he always says the right things! I think Ian is more real, plus he is honest about why his parents were not at the hometown date, and why he thinks he will not propose at the end. The bottom line is, they shared more passion and love Both Meredith and Ian took a leap of faith and followed their heart - she chose him, and he proposed (kind of), and I really wish them the best.

02-27-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I'm not alone!"
Hi Tweet! Welcome aboard!!

The more i see Ian and Merewdith together, the more i think they are right for each other.Oops, a little tweetism slipped in.

The more i see Matt act the hurt victim,the less i think of him.He commanded a lot of respect with his departure speech but now he just looks sullen and is putting a dark cloud over Meredith and Ian's joy.Everyone knows that Matthew is a great guy who got hurt.So he should step aside and let Ian and Meredith enjoy their public engagement appearances.

Anywho,back to Ian,isn't it sexy the way he is so openly aaffectionate (tastefully)with Meredith!?

02-26-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I'm not alone!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-04 AT 03:50 PM (EST)

I'm SO with you guys in our little corner here! Matt seemed like a doll, yes, but Meredith made the right choice. When Matt was talking about their lives together (including something about riding around in his truck getting to know each other better??), I knew he wasn't right for Meredith!

I loved that Ian was open about his place in life right now and was concerned about how her family would feel. I loved that Meredith went on camera without makeup to talk openly about her feelings.

It was evident that the visit home sealed the deal with Ian, with Meredith's family clearly seeing the love between them and supporting it. They know their daughter!! I think Meredith knew that in the conventional world Matt was seemingly ideal and she really, really wanted to fall for all of what he represented. In the end though, she had to be true to herself... AND GOOD FOR HER!

The issue people seem to be most upset over is the ring talk with Matt. I think she was in the moment and opened her mouth and then couldn't undo it. She couldn't say, "Hey Matt, by the way, what I said about the ring... Opps!!" I know she felt like sh$t hurting him. I was upset with everyone else about sweet Matt getting badly hurt. I don't see why people are being so brutal about Meredith and Ian, though. She belongs with him. If it doesn't work, she followed her heart and what could be wrong with that. To have that kind of feeling in your life, if only breifly, is still wonderful.

I thought the final episode was by far the best this season. And I, too, think the rose ceremony was the best of all the seasons. Ian and Meredith seem to have a chemistry that brings out something in each that is indescribable, but evident.

Matt will be flocked by women and will find someone wonderful and right for him. The true fairytale is Ian and Meredith. Hope it works - even if they have to take it slower!!

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
As a man, unless ABC was really cutting up the film to basically show Matt as a saint and Ian as a himbo, I predict 30 days after their "contractual" togetherness...Meridith will be on her own and Ian will be pathetically trying for the next Remington commercial. "Will You" was his question, not "Will you..." cut off. Even after she said "Yes", he still should have officially asked her to marry him.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Me too, me too!!"
I have also liked Ian from the beginning. I think he & Meredith will make a great couple- their passion for each other is undeniable. As far as his proposal goes- I think he was just so nervous and excited and even he couldn't believe that he was proposing and "will you?" was all he could say. You could tell how nervous he was, he couldn't even speak! And I'm sorry, but if you give a girl a ring and get down on one knee - that's a proposal!!
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA
Matthew was a real sweetie, and a pure gentleman, but not the right one for her.

02-27-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Me too, me too!!"
Yup! "Will you?" with a ring in hand is a proposal!Plus, i think Ian took it very seriously or he wouldn't have been so nervous about it or talk so openly about it.

I THINK THE PROPOSAL WAS PANDORABLE!

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
From the beginning of the show, Matthew and Ian have been my two favorite guys. I am so happy that Meredith chose the right man for her, instead of the one she felt she should choose.

However, I wonder about the proposal. He has said all along that he would not give her a ring, because it was just too soon. I understood what he meant completely. Until the couples have spent some time together beyond the six weeks of filming, how can they know that they want to spend the rest of their lives together??? I hope he didn't feel pressured to propose.

Matthew seems like a wonderful man. And OMG he is sooooooooooo HOT!!!! I was totally impressed with how he handled the rejection. Meredith decided that someone else was the right man for her, and he accepted that and wished her luck and happiness. More than some of the Ian and Meredith bashers on these boards have done.

I know these things don't often last. I thought Andrew and Jen would be together forever. I would like to see Meredith and Ian live happily ever after. I just hope they don't live their entire happy lives on my TV screen like Trista and Ryan have been trying to do.

OK, I've rambled enough. But add me to the list of Ian fans

reality4u 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality4u Click to send private message to reality4u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
Thank you guys for commnenting regarding my posting. I feel much better now. It was totally annoying to see all the negative comments about Meredith and Ian. I don't normally post but I just had to defend them.

I would agree that it was the best final rose ceremony so far - less contrived and more impromptu.

Even without completing the "will you.." phrase, it was by far the most genuine.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
In the end, I was glad she chose Ian over Matthew too. Ian just seems like a better match for Meredith. They seem to have a deep connection and I hope they can make it!

02-26-04, 06:23 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
Group hug !!!

silesia18 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silesia18 Click to send private message to silesia18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Great decision to select Ian"
although i must say that i didn't like ian from the beginning, and i still don't particularly like him, i am happy meredith chose him since she went w/her heart. i don't think meredith and ian should be bashed. but i do still think it was wrong of meredith to say anything about a ring to matt. even being caught up in the moment, that must've made his pain ten times greater! as long as she is sorry about that though, good for her and ian!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •