The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Two previous contestants on S11?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Incognito9 1622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-28-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito9 Click to send private message to Incognito9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Two previous contestants on S11?"
Saw this article on SurvivorPhoenix:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1165

I also pasted specific parts about the 2 previous castaways here:

>>>"The twist this season? Several sources report that two of the 18 cast members of Survivor Guatemala are expected to be players who have played the game previously. What role they will have, or whether they will fully participate in the game, is so far unknown."

>>>"While there have been rumors in the past of an All-Stars 2, as well as an old vs new Survivor game with a tribe of former players matching wits with new ones, only two returning players suggests that they might fill a ceremonial role, perhaps in keeping with the Maya theme."

>>>"As for who the 2 players are, we can guarantee that they are none of the quitters from past seasons. Think popular, think gritty. One woman. One man."

Something tells me it could be Jonathan and Wanda , out of pity.

Any ideas / speculations on this? I'm not a frequent user of these spoiler boards, so if I didn't do something right, lemme know

Play Survivor: The Epic Battle - Episode 6 in Progress (MERGE!)
I change my signature as often as I change my underwear: Every 3 days!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... KObrien_fan 06-28-05 1
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... arturbars 06-28-05 2
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Loree 06-29-05 3
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... volsfan 07-03-05 19
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Bebo 07-05-05 21
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... volsfan 07-05-05 22
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... RudyRules 06-29-05 4
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... seahorse 08-23-05 52
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... katethegreat 06-29-05 5
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... yensid 06-29-05 6
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... KObrien_fan 06-29-05 7
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... michel 06-29-05 8
               RE: Two previous contestants on S11... arturbars 07-09-05 29
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... lvoetulips 08-05-05 41
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... oz4ever 06-29-05 9
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... weecama 06-30-05 10
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Incognito9 06-30-05 11
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... redbeard103152 06-30-05 12
       Stephenie and Bobby Jon Krautboy 06-30-05 13
           RE: Stephenie and Bobby Jon Incognito9 06-30-05 14
           RE: Stephenie and Bobby Jon silentJ 06-30-05 15
           refresh my memory TeamJoisey 07-01-05 16
               RE: refresh my memory KObrien_fan 07-01-05 17
           RE: Stephenie and Bobby Jon Scarlett O Hara 07-07-05 27
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Flowerpower 07-05-05 20
       If it is BoobyJon and Stephenie... Incognito9 07-06-05 25
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... NineTen 07-01-05 18
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Silvergirl1 07-08-05 28
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Brownroach 07-13-05 33
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... JuniorTheorist 07-05-05 23
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... KeithFan 07-05-05 24
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... lisamb9 07-07-05 26
               RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Round Robin 07-09-05 30
                   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Incognito9 07-09-05 31
                       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... JuniorTheorist 07-16-05 34
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Brownroach 07-13-05 32
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Maroonclown 07-26-05 35
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... KeithFan 08-03-05 37
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Brownroach 08-03-05 38
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... limaro 08-05-05 39
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Flowerpower 08-05-05 40
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... tvgeek401 08-03-05 36
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... oz4ever 08-05-05 42
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... tvgeek401 08-06-05 43
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... oz4ever 08-06-05 44
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Estee 08-06-05 45
 Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of fail... Loquatrix 08-15-05 46
   RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... nailbone 08-16-05 47
       RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... viruslqc 08-26-05 53
   RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... Brownroach 08-16-05 48
       RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... PepeLePew13 08-17-05 49
           RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... J Slice 08-17-05 50
               RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... Loquatrix 08-17-05 51
       RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... viruslqc 08-26-05 54
           RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of ... jtb3rd 09-12-05 65
 RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Phredster 09-08-05 55
   RE: Two previous contestants on S11... socalcandlegal 09-09-05 56
       RE: Two previous contestants on S11... Corvis 09-09-05 57
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... packrat 09-09-05 58
           RE: Two previous contestants on S11... socalcandlegal 09-09-05 61
 Steph bests Palau effort? FesterFan1 09-09-05 59
   RE: Steph bests Palau effort? Corvis 09-09-05 60
       RE: Steph bests Palau effort? Flowerpower 09-09-05 62
       RE: Steph bests Palau effort? KObrien_fan 09-09-05 63
           RE: Steph bests Palau effort? Brownroach 09-12-05 64
               Returning people? Flamingo12a 09-13-05 66
                   RE: Returning people? kircon 09-15-05 68
                       RE: Returning people? KObrien_fan 09-15-05 69
                           The silhouettes on the commercial munchkinpunchkin 09-15-05 70
                               RE: The silhouettes on the commerci... Flamingo12a 09-15-05 72
               RE: Steph bests Palau effort? Swami 09-14-05 67
                   RE: Steph bests Palau effort? SnowBoardDiva022 09-15-05 71

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-28-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
According to the thread that Rupert is rumored to be on the next TAR it says on his website that he has no appearances set for June 30th thru May 3rd. Add a few days to that and maybe he is the male and will be back on Survivor and not TAR?

Ick.

Please sign up for my Survivor Trivia Game, it starts July 5th.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-28-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
If Poopert is back on Survivor - I am off the wagon for good! Well, sorry i spoke too soon - i am lifetime survivor addict.... and will go through major withdrwals without it, but i would be extreemly pissed off if that pirate wannabe Poopert is back.....

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
They already changed the rules so he could get his million even though he didn't win. He does not deserve anything else. Please just have him go away.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
From what I understand KO, Rupert is in Africa. Or at least that is the last word we had over on the TAR forums.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1175&forum=DCForumID37&omm=17

Latest word is that Rupe is still in the good ol' US of A...which means he's not in Venezuela either.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Thanks Bebo!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Something tells me it could be Jonathan and Wanda , out of pity.

PLEASE don't let it be Wanda.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Please not let it be either of them. We don't need any rejects.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-29-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
"Think popular, think gritty" screams Stephanie to me, if she can handle another Survivor so soon . . . .

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-29-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
"Think popular, think gritty" made me think of Michael Skupin. Lots of people thought that he deserved a chance on All-Star.

06-29-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-29-05 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Because they say Think popular, think gritty. One woman, one man it leads me to believe that one adjective is for the man and one is for the woman. So a popular man and a gritty woman or gritty man and popular woman. Rupert and Twila? Rudy and Kathy O? Though it isn't Twila she will be at a survivor event the weekend of July 29th-31st.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-05, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
If they are indeed returning 2 previous survivors, I would think you could rule out everyone that was on all-star since they all had a second chance. By the same way, I wouldn't expect anyone from PI since they had the infamous outcast tribe giving a second chance to all the first 6 bootees. I expect it would be 2 good players that got an early boot(pre-jury). Just to throw out names, I'd expect someone like Hunter or Gina from Marquesas.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Just to throw out
>names, I'd expect someone like
>Hunter or Gina from Marquesas.
>

Please don't play with my emotions - getting my hopes up with Gina

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-05-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
For the woman, I immediately thought Sandra. I lvoed her!

Sigs by Bob! When the best isn't good enough!

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings

06-29-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oz4ever Click to send private message to oz4ever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Do any previous survivors have identical twins? I'd love to see MB bring in some twins which will make the new contestants think the producers are lying to them about who these contestants really are... like say Wanda had a twin named Rhonda, Jiffy would be calling her Rhonda but behind her back all the other survivors would be thinking it was really Wanda. And of course this wouldn't work with anyone who made final 4 because they would be a target for that reason to begin with, not only the alleged lying about being a twin. I think it could work if there were 3 or 4 twins because they could easily align.

Skippy the bush kangaroo

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-30-05, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
SurvivorFever spoilers ~
link
18 contestants are reported to have been chosen for Survivor: Guatemala.

Several reports that 2 former Survivors from Survivor: Palau will participate in some way, unclear if they will be tribe members or mentors or if they actually get to compete in some way. We've been told that the two are the very popular Stephenie LaGrossa and Bobby Jon Drinkard

Other contestants are unknown but we have reason to believe the cast will include a 20-something female from the mid-west with short blonde hair. A cheerleader/sorority girl/dancer with a 4.0 GPA.
More details soon.

~puddin~

06-30-05, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito9 Click to send private message to Incognito9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Thanks for the info, weecama!

I'm actually shocked that the info is out about it already. For that very reason, you may not see me very much at these spoiler boards until the Guatemala finale. Last season, back in March, I browsed around into a thread that listed Steph as 7th, Gregg as 6th, Caryn as 5th and Katie as definite F2. And all of that turned out true. Ugggh, you sleuths are too good! And I prefer surprises.

And that'd be awesome if we get that sorority girl cheerleader with a 4.0 GPA! Hell yeah, 4.0 peops represent!!

I change my signature as often as I change my underwear: Every 3 days!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-30-05, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Wow The spoiling begins early this time. Wonder when Snewser's guessing game for contestants will appear?RedBeard

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-30-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Stephenie and Bobby Jon"
Bobby Jon and Stephenie were both very popular with the viewing audience, and most of us agree that given another opportunity on another tribe, either one would have excelled.

MB has apparently decided he can get extra rating mileage out of Stephenie and Bobby Jon, much like he did with Rupert and his popularity.

BJ and Steph, as the only former contestants, will probably be split between the two tribes, and will most likely have some special role. They may be the ceremonial chiefs or High Priest and Prietess, in the Mayan Tradition? In that role the may be even be given the responsibility of selecting their tribes.

My first thought was that this would put a target on their back, much like Tina in All-Star Survivor, and make them vulnerable to early elimination. However, neither won the million, both were well liked by their tribes, both worked hard around camp and both performed well in the challenges...in summary there are many more reasons for their tribes to keep them, than to vote them out...at least until the merge.

Krautboy

06-30-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Stephenie and Bobby Jon"
Plus, just being finished up watching S10, none of those newbies would risk becoming the unpopular one to both tribemates and the viewing audience by targeting Steph and BJ. Unless they've casted another Johnny Fairplay freak.

Play Survivor: The Epic Battle - Episode 7 in Progress (I change my signature as often as I change my underwear: Every 3 days.)

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-30-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Stephenie and Bobby Jon"
You're all forgeting one important fact

They always manage to cast 15 clueless idiots who never even heard of Survivor until a casting director tapped them on the shoulder at an overpriced boutique. heck, I doubt I could pick Steph or Bobby out of a line up of the Ambercrobie and Fitch models they seem to think we want to watch every season.

Sorry for the rant. I'm still bitter they haven't called.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-01-05, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "refresh my memory"
Would the Guatemala players have seen much of Steph & Bobby Jon?

Or were they in Guatemala at the time?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

07-01-05, 05:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: refresh my memory"
S10 got over back in May, the S11 contestants just barely got to Guatemala this past week or the week before, so yes, they would have seen the entire season if they so desired.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-07-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Stephenie and Bobby Jon"
Bobby Jon and Stephanie back on Survivor!!? W*O*W!! Talk about milking their 15 minutes of fame! I, for one, would love to see them both back!

Scarlett

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Great news, weecama! I'll check with my BJ source pronto and see if we can't get a jump on all of this!

07-06-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
25. "If it is BoobyJon and Stephenie..."
If BoobyJoan and Stephenie are in fact on actual tribes in Survivor: The Guatemaya Experinece, it'd probably be a very fair trade-off. While both strong and popular and most-likely well-liked by their tribes, they both also have virtually no concept on how to play the game...

Look for them to both be early jurors

Play Survivor: The Epic Battle - Episode 8 in Progress!!

NineTen 986 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-01-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NineTen Click to send private message to NineTen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Oz,
An unusually high number of past survivors are twins. Learned that when studying for survivor jeopardy.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-05, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"

This begs the question: Could you tell us who the Survivors with twins are?

Sigs by Bob! Like nuthin you've seen before!
Come swimming with me!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
The only twin I can remember off the top of my head was Shawn from Pearl Islands.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-05-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Wouldn't one good way to be to watch the Palau reunion special again and see if there's any reaction from either Stephenie or Bobby Jon during the Guatemala preview or right after?

I'm thinking that if either was in Guatemala, they probably wouldn't be able to dampen some kind of reaction when the promo was being launched into.

And also, the producers probably wouldn't have thought to demand that they be stoic since it wouldn't occur to them that we'd spoil "two returning players" so easily.

Just a thought. Wouldn't really prove anything, but would be interesting.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Theoretically, EPMB could have waited until after the reunion show to ask them to go to Guatemala, but I am going to go back to the tape as they say.

lisamb9 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-07-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lisamb9 Click to send private message to lisamb9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I can't imagine why they'd only bring back 2 cast members from previous seasons......wouldn't it make more sense to have 18 total/3 teams of 6--- which would include one 6-player team made of previous survivors (Steph & BJ being 2 of them)??

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-09-05, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I pretty much agree that Steph and BJ would be good candidates to be early jurors if they were on again. With their capacity for work, I don't think their tribes would boot them early unless they effed up and did something dishonest or politically stupid, but if these people have watched Survivor very religiously at all, they'd know people like Steph and BJ would be likely to do well at individual challenges of a physical nature, and they might be booted for that reason. Also, regarding this 4.0 GPA cheerleader/sorority girl type person that's rumored as a contestant, my gut reaction is: Boys and girls, can you say "Target?" I went to college and knew my share of these type people, and there are so many ways such a person can make a bad impression on people or rub them the wrong way that she's practically a lead pipe cinch to run afoul of at least one of them. She could be a b1tch, lazy or an airhead, or she could be a fiend for hard work and competitiveness and have contempt for b1tches, lazy people and airheads. I don't think a 4.0 cheerleader/sorority girl type would be a first boot unless she did something really dumb, in fact that type of person won in the Amazon, but she had plenty of contempt thrown her way and I think most people of that nature will do good enough of a job of rubbing people the wrong way that they'd be pre-jury or early jury boots. Look for this girl to suffer that fate unless she's on a tribe full of chumps who lose a lot of challenges and have a lot of weak links to get rid of.

07-09-05, 10:52 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I agree. I think the whole Jenna Morasca and Heidi trick can and will only work for one Season.

This girl will finish in the 8th-11th place bracket.

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I must say that I believe whoever posted the bit about a "blond 4.0 sorority girl" was being tongue-in-cheek.

Sarcastic.

'Cause every season there's a buxom beauty with "brains" and a 4.0 from whatever third-tier state school or private liberal arts college they attended. And they never do well.

Kim from Palau. Michelle from Pearl Islands. Penny from Thailand. etc. etc.

just to name a few, as it were.

07-13-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
It's hard for me to picture Steph and BJ coming back as full-fledged contestants in another game right away. It's not like Rupert going headlong into AllStars, where everyone had played the game before and was "popular" to some degree. It was probably obvious to MB that the prior winners would be early targets and Rupert would manage to last awhile.

But an entirely new cast that watched all of S10 might have no qualms about booting second-chancers BJ and Steph right at the start. So if MB is banking on their huge popularity, I think he'd want to use them in a way that guarantees them optimum exposure. Team "coaches", maybe? We'll see...

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Consultants as it were.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I knew a guy once who was a minister. He quit that and became a finacial consultant, then he went bankrupt. He and his wife divorced, then he became a marriage consultant.

Having Steph/BJ come back as consultant/mentor/coach reminds me of this guy.

Were they really that popular to justify bringing them back? I never thought so myself. Yep, they worked hard and are attractive- after that? I got nothing.

"To educate a man in mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society." -- Theodore Roosevelt

08-03-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
In all fairness, it was VolcanicGlass who identified the two returnees as popular. Their relative popularity may have had less to do with MB having them back on than their never-say-die attitude (which is kind of what made them popular in the first place).

I still can't fathom what he's going to do with them, though. It seems really weird that they would be on as contestants again right away -- not to mention, would they really both have wanted to do that? Neither one seems like a Rupert-caliber DAW.

limaro 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail limaro Click to send private message to limaro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
First Time poster, here so please be kind! I've loved lurking here for a few seasons. Usually if I wait long enough someone answers my questions before I have to ask them. But this one has been nagging at me since this thread started, and no one has brought it up yet.

If my vague recollections are correct, wasn't there some controversy at the tribal council/fire building challenge with BJ and Steph? Wasn't there evidence that Steph's win was questionable?
Perhaps it was all settled with and agreement to let them have a "do over" in Guatamala?

08-05-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Welcome to SBlows limaro! Don't be a stranger, feel free to chime in whenever. You are right in that there was controversy on the boards regarding the firestarting challenge to settle who continued on with BJ and Steph. Many peeps believed that there was controversy surrounding it and that Steph was somehow given an unfair advantage, and there was speculation that they actually had to do that challenge several times before declaring a winner. But, when it aired it seemed as though Steph won it fair and square and there was no animosity on BJ's part. In his parting words he was graceful and conceeded, and in his post season interviews there seemed to be no bad feelings as well. So, we can only speculate regarding this. But, some peeps do feel that the challenge was shot several different times due to the editing of the film, and therefore it may be a viable option that they settled it amicably with an agreement for a "do-over". I personally don't know about that though. As BJ was fine with how the challenge ended and quite respectful of Steph's win, I think CBS decided to invite them back simply on their character and what they brought to the show. They were both extremely popular characters and this could just be CBS' way of keeping Survivor fans coming back for more.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
If they do manage to be on as regular castaways, I will be so pissed. Seeing these people for one season is enough. I don't want to see them over and over (ROMBER!!).
I guess they ran out of models in LA to be on the show. Because no real people want to be on...

moronic.

A Cygnus Masterpiece ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
4 8 15 16 23 42
Ian, on the other hand, can come back whenever he wants.

08-05-05, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oz4ever Click to send private message to oz4ever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Well... what if it's actually ROB and AMBER who are the two returning castaways, not Steph and BJ like everyone is suggesting? It's so hilarious to see how jealous the crappy new contestants get. Lynn, Alex, Jenna L, they're all the same.

"I ain't no Hershey Bar"

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-05, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
If that happens, I will personally travel to NYC and throttle Jiffy and Burnett at the finale.

A Cygnus Masterpiece ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!
4 8 15 16 23 42
Oh, and welcome to the boards. You've been here for what seems like a month and you're already near surpassing me in posts. What a DAW!

08-06-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Thanks Tv geek, I've actually been a member since the end of All-Stars but I only post on the site in the off-season because America is too far ahead of Australia in broadcasting the show and I don't want to spoil the surprise for myself. Plus in the off-season I have holidays from uni so I have a lot of spare time on my hands
P.S. I think Amber is fabulous and don't know how she ended up with someone like Rawb.

"I ain't no Hershey Bar"

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
If that happens, I will personally travel to NYC and throttle Jiffy and Burnett at the finale.

Not if I beat you to it.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
Someone please tell me what was so great about Stephenie and Bobby Jon that they ought to be visited upon us a second time.

Let's not forget they sucked so badly the first time around that their tribe was obliterated out of all existence prior to the merge in an unprecedented drubbing of historic proportions. That's how bad at the game they were.

Honestly, the harder you fail in America these days, the higher you're likely to go. There's just something fundamentally wrong about that in all life, but most especially on a show called SURVIVOR for god's sake.

Please tell me Survivor is not jumping the shark this time.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
Well, they were the last two out of that failed tribe, and many feel that in another, less lame, tribe they might have done better. So maybe now they get the chance.

Or maybe they were popular enough to bring back just for the ratings.

o-

viruslqc 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail viruslqc Click to send private message to viruslqc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
Yeah, from what I understand, Steph and BJ did help the ratings a lot. They were great competitors, and it wasn't their fault that their tribe didn't get along well enough to win challenges...they certainly did their part.

08-16-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
Please tell me Survivor is not jumping the shark this time.

It already did, when Rupert got handed a million dollars for doing nothing.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
And yet we all still continue to watch. The last Survivor had some pretty decent ratings, didn't they?

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
For some reason.

This show's at the point where Fonzie's doing triple backflips through a flaming hoop whil jumping the shark.

Unless these folks are less petty, smarter, and not so jerky, I have a bad feeling about whether or not I should apply...

Oh, hell, I'll probably do it anyway.

This is the world we live in/And these are the hands we’re given

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
I think you should apply just so we can be sure there'll be at least ONE new person available for casting next time.

/end snark

viruslqc 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail viruslqc Click to send private message to viruslqc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
Rupert didn't get a million dollars for doing nothing. He got handed that second prize because he was a great character, and the most popular survivor that there ever has been. He worked hard to do as well as he did, especially the second time around, and it's a real shame that people despise that.

jtb3rd 8 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jtb3rd Click to send private message to jtb3rd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Urgggghhhh - MORE rehashing of failed former contestants?"
I'm with you on that, he deserved it more so then anyone else. TV is entertaining and he got paid to entertain, IMO Rupert was by far the most entertaining, ever. Steph has been a close second.

Phredster 85 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Phredster Click to send private message to Phredster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Rob and Amber. That was who immediately came to mind when I heard the "twist". I hope to God it ain't so, but I have a sick feeling in my stomach that it is.

socalcandlegal 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-09-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail socalcandlegal Click to send private message to socalcandlegal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I'm with you! I think it's Rob and Amber too - I'll admit that today is the first day I've even read anything about this season, but they are the first that came to my mind!

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
As you read more, you'll find that there seems to be little doubt that it's Bobby Jon and Stephenie. If it does turn out to be different people, it'd be the best obfuscation by Burnett and his cronies since... the fake final four pic?

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-09-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
I really think that if TPTB allow Stephanie and Bobby Jon back to play the game, there will be ramifications from all of the previous contenders. It's been a standing rule, that they can't play the game again, except in an All-Star setting. There have been quite a few previous players that have wanted to play again, but weren't allowed. Although Steph and Bobby Jon were good at the challenges, they weren't good at the strategy side of the game, otherwise they would've seen that James was what was wrong with their team. I expect to see Wanda and Jonathon as the twists, although I'll have to find my earplugs when Wanda opens her mouth for whatever reason. I didn't form any opinion of Jonathon, other than he was too eager to get to shore, but at the same time, wasn't Steph the first to dive into the water to swim to shore?

socalcandlegal 17 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail socalcandlegal Click to send private message to socalcandlegal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Two previous contestants on S11?"
Well, that'd be too bad if it was Stephanie and Bobby Jon. I'll have to wait until they get booted to watch. I think that stinks.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Steph bests Palau effort?"
How has this little nugget slipped through the cracks? On TDT's S11 Survivometer he says he got a tip that Steph does "relatively well, possibly better than Palau".

If this is the case, it could mean that Yaxha gets the better of Nakum pre-merge. I find it hard to believe that Steph outlasts all her tribe members again in an Ulonging, or even a Pagonging for that matter.

Fester

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Steph bests Palau effort?"
A reliable source says Bobby Jon came back tanned and thin so I don't think he's one of the first few to go, either.

09-09-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Steph bests Palau effort?"
I'm betting that both Steph and BJ get a free pass through their first tribal councils at least, and look how far Burton and Lil got with one free pass! I really think the biggest thing that will result from BJ and Steph getting reintroduced into the Survivor game is that their respective tribes will definately be influenced by them. And after the game that they both experienced, with losing every single immunity challenge, they will most definately steer the group towards solidifying and voting off the weakest link at least until the merge, and then it will be every man/woman for themselves.

If either one has learned anything this is it, of course let's see if either of them can come up with a viable strategy to employ through the merge and beyond! I would love to see these two learn from past mistakes and go for it all! Wonder if they both make it to the merge, would they reunite together? I wonder if they were told prior to the start of the game if they both would be there....I'm betting they both could be surprised to see the other, of course they had to have been separated so as to avoid any pregame strategizing.

09-09-05, 10:56 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Steph bests Palau effort?"
I'm betting that both Steph and BJ get a free pass through their first tribal councils at least, and look how far Burton and Lil got with one free pass! I really think the biggest thing that will result from BJ and Steph getting reintroduced into the Survivor game is that their respective tribes will definately be influenced by them. And after the game that they both experienced, with losing every single immunity challenge, they will most definately steer the group towards solidifying and voting off the weakest link at least until the merge, and then it will be every man/woman for themselves.

That is all well and good but the Burton/Lill situation was a totally different timing for them in their game. They were free from being voted for right at the merge when the merge brought the tribes together with equal numbers, both of them were needed at least initially as swing votes to get Drake the upper hand. Then, because of the merge they came as a pair of votes for the hangers on to cling to (ie: Jon and his scheme to overthrow Rupert by picking up D and T as voters.) If it hadn't been for the merge, then both would have been far more vulnerable after that 1 immunity wore off.

If either one has learned anything this is it, of course let's see if either of them can come up with a viable strategy to employ through the merge and beyond! I would love to see these two learn from past mistakes and go for it all! Wonder if they both make it to the merge, would they reunite together? I wonder if they were told prior to the start of the game if they both would be there....I'm betting they both could be surprised to see the other, of course they had to have been separated so as to avoid any pregame strategizing.

The odd thing was that neither BJ nor Steph ever really were together along the same voting lines, they were always at odds, even right down to the remaining 4 in their tribe. Steph flip flopped almost every time she was shown on camera and couldn't make decisions very well. Of the two, BJ was a lot more even keel.

What I think is that they won't be given any special first round immunity. But the people on their new tribes will all (or the majority will) be in awe of them because many of these players are survivor fans and OMH that is BJ and Steph! The new players will probably decide to keep them around because of their strength, and they may feel they can learn alot from them. Now whether or not Steph and BJ make it to the merge, that remains to be seen. I can see how that even though people will want to get rid of them at some point, there will be bigger targets at least initially.

If Brian is as sharp as he says he is, he will see that while Steph is strong physically, she is most likely someone he can manipulate because she is deep down just a really nice girl who doesn't have that killer instinct when it comes to voting somebody off.

S11 PTB is coming!!!!! Sign up HERE

09-12-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Steph bests Palau effort?"
I don't think they are going to be given a first-TC immunity either -- if anything, that would create an incentive to vote them off the next time, imo.

I agree that it's likely they will both be safe for awhile. I think psychologically they will be viewed with a kind of "veteran" status. Both have relatively easy-going personalitites and are good competitors. I don't see anyone wanting to be the one to suggest voting them out -- at least at the start.

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "Returning people?"
The commercials I've been seeing show outlines of two people, one guy looks bald witha big head, and the femaile looks to have long hair. The voice over says two of the most popular survivors of ALL time, return. The baldie with the big head looked like Hatch to me, does anyone think they'd bring him back a 3rd time?????? Might solve his financial woes with the fines he's up against. And the female silouette looked a LOT like Jenna Morasca, perhaps she was brought back since she couldnt finish the all star series due to her mom dying.
I may be wrong but thats who i think the two are. Is it absolute its Bobbi Jon and Steph? Hell, I cant even recall what Steph looks like!!!

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 05:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Returning people?"
I've seen the commercial also. I believe AppleJack's SOTS Episode 1 shows the female is Steph. I think you have the right sex but wrong name. When I first saw the ad, I thought of Coby. Look at the photos of Coby from last seasons show, especially #8. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/survivors/pgall.php?id=7&s=5 Shave the head and it could be. How could you not love him? He beat the red-neck.

09-15-05, 05:40 AM (EST)
69. "RE: Returning people?"
I can confirm 100% and beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is NOT Coby. He was at a party in Florida that I went to in July, would have been hard for him to be in 2 places at once.

The silouettes are just not of the players, they are stand ins. We will see Bobby Jon and Steph return tonight.

S11 PTB is HERE!!!!! Week 1 Entry

munchkinpunchkin 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munchkinpunchkin Click to send private message to munchkinpunchkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "The silhouettes on the commercial"
Hi all-

The two silhouettes (sp?) on the preview commercial are from Eric and Maggie from the show Big Brother. CBS is just using their images as bluffs. I'm a big Survior and Big Brother fan and as soon as I saw the silouhettes, I knew that they were Eric (Cappy) and Maggie. Just another CBS foolery. Can't wait for the show!

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: The silhouettes on the commercial"
>Hi all-
>
>The two silhouettes (sp?) on the
>preview commercial are from Eric
>and Maggie from the show
>Big Brother. CBS is
>just using their images as
>bluffs. I'm a big
>Survior and Big Brother fan
>and as soon as I
>saw the silouhettes, I knew
>that they were Eric (Cappy)
>and Maggie. Just another
>CBS foolery. Can't wait
>for the show!

You know, I thought that the bald guy looked just like Crappy, but didnt think it COULD be, but I think youare right!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Steph bests Palau effort?"
Look for MB to use Steph & Bobby Jon to be part of his own interpretation of Mayan/Olmec culture & myth. Perhaps the sixteen survivors will arrive from their long epic journey to discover that Steph & BJ are installed as brother/sister demi-gods, each one to rule a tribe (and the tribe to care for them) until the tribes attains some sort of milestone at which point S & BJ become 'human' once more.

As demi-gods, they would be immune at Tribal Council. I don't see MB bringing them back to be immediately voted out. Perhaps they will have an earlier merge than usual and have S and BJ lose their godly immunity at that time. It's my best guess.

Probst said this show was going to be more immersed in local tradition and culture than other shows have been. By "culture" I think he means "my bastardized version of their culture."

Anyway, I am looking forward to some very fun ancient Mayan culturally-based challenges--like the ritual piercing of penises or drawing a thorn-studded rope through ones tongue.

SnowBoardDiva022 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBoardDiva022 Click to send private message to SnowBoardDiva022 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Steph bests Palau effort?"
It looks to me like the silouhettes are Steph, and the guy with the prostetic leg from last season.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •