The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So... How many votes?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

becca1695 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail becca1695 Click to send private message to becca1695 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So... How many votes?"
Who voted for Tom and who voted for Katie in the end?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So... How many votes? Draco Malfoy 05-16-05 1
   RE: So... How many votes? samboohoo 05-16-05 2
       RE: So... How many votes? seahorse 05-16-05 3
           RE: So... How many votes? KObrien_fan 05-16-05 5
               RE: So... How many votes? samboohoo 05-16-05 6
   RE: So... How many votes? clemsonbeav 05-16-05 4
       RE: So... How many votes? Loree 05-16-05 7
           RE: So... How many votes? Draco Malfoy 05-16-05 8
           RE: So... How many votes? clemsonbeav 05-16-05 9
           RE: So... How many votes? esquire 05-16-05 10
               RE: So... How many votes? Draco Malfoy 05-16-05 11
                   RE: So... How many votes? Dakota 05-16-05 12
                       RE: So... How many votes? Karchita 05-16-05 13
                           RE: So... How many votes? ADKer 05-16-05 14
                               RE: So... How many votes? Hoobie 05-16-05 16
                                   RE: So... How many votes? Snidget 05-16-05 21
                                       RE: So... How many votes? bongo 05-16-05 25
                               RE: So... How many votes? Loree 05-16-05 24
                           RE: So... How many votes? Loree 05-16-05 23
                   RE: So... How many votes? Devious Weasel 05-16-05 15
                       RE: So... How many votes? Alchemist 05-16-05 17
                       RE: So... How many votes? Loquatrix 05-16-05 18
                           No TC at F3 -- Jeff Probst blew it ... Brownroach 05-17-05 26
                   RE: So... How many votes? nailbone 05-16-05 19
 Normally I'd lock this post IceCat 05-16-05 20
   RE: Normally I'd lock this post Dakota 05-16-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So... How many votes?"
6 votes for Tom, 1 vote from Coby against.

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So... How many votes?"
I knew when they only showed two votes at the Final TC that it was going to be a landslide.

Icey bounced my Dicey

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So... How many votes?"
It seemed pretty obvious that Katie was playing for 100k and not a million.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So... How many votes?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

It seemed pretty obvious that Katie was playing for 100k and not a million.

At that point vs Tom in the finals yes, but not the entire game. She did try 3 times to get a group of people to vote off Tom, just that all 3 attempts failed. She knew she needed Tom to a certain point but once they hit that certain point she could not get the rally support needed for his ouster.

That in and of itself was because Tom pyschologically controlled his alliances and or voting bloc so that it just couldn't happen. He had Ian so twisted around that after 11 hours of standing on a pole, Ian stepped down and gave the 100G to Katie just because Ian wanted Tom's respect.

Tom played the game, he played everyone out there. And he was strong enough to win when he needed to. Very different from Colby who didn't have the strategy to back up the strength.

Tom is the first real and complete package.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Well said, Katie!

Icey bounced my Dicey

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-16-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So... How many votes?"
That's what I think, too, but did they ever say this publicly?

Beav: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So... How many votes?"
On The Early Show they said Coby was Katie's only vote. Ian also said he knew he could not beat Tom in the F2 but he felt positive he could beat Katie or Jenn. So in Ian's mind he was not giving up the million when he told Tom to take Katie. He was just giving up the $100,000 compared to whatever 3rd place gets.

05-16-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So... How many votes?"
I think it's $75,000.

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Thanks!

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-16-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So... How many votes?"
That doesn't make any sense. If he felt he could beat Katie, all he had to do was the last IC to pick to go with him to the finals. He really did give up a million dollars

05-16-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
11. "RE: So... How many votes?"
To some people, their integrity is worth more than a million dollars. The rest of the people call those people stupid.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Well said, Draco. But in this case.....(see "2" below)

1. I agree that Katie was playing for 2nd place. First, she never gave much thought to the jury vote. Second, she was willing to go along with an attempt to eliminate Tom and Ian, as long as someone else led the charge - Gregg, Steph, Ian -- and even then seemed non-commital.

2. Correct me if my memory is lapsing: Ian's loss of integrity was a. Not taking Katie on reward; and b. Flipping on Tom with Katie and Jenn, rather than sticking to his word and friendship to go F3 with Tom and Katie.
Since Katie had already considered voting out Tom and/or Ian - with Steph, Gregg, Jenn/Caryn and then Ian -- I don't see Tom and Ian losing any integrity by not keeping their alliance with Katie. In other words, I don't think Ian had to quit to regain respect, especially when that meant rewarding the least deserving member of their alliance.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: So... How many votes?"
But in Ian's mind, that's what he had to do to regain their respect. I think Ian had an emotional relationship with both Tom and Katie that is hard for tv viewers to understand. At least it is for me. We see so little of what actually goes on. I saw hints of it, but couldn't really understand why Ian acted the way he did when Katie and Tom called him on his behavior. He's sensitive, he liked and valued the friendships, and he had trouble with that boundary between game-playing and friendship.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: So... How many votes?"
I also think that Ian just wanted to get off the bouy, so he was only giving up the difference between second and third. Not having to face Katie in the jury was probably worth the difference in prize $ to Ian.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Is there a payout for 3rd place?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Not sure where it is, but there have been lists of how much people get for each place.

I think it starts out low and goes up like 5 or 10 thousand a place.

I don't think the difference between 100,000 for second and the amount for third was all that much.

bongo 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bongo Click to send private message to bongo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: So... How many votes?"
>Not sure where it is, but
>there have been lists of
>how much people get for
>each place.
>
>I think it starts out low
>and goes up like 5
>or 10 thousand a place.
>
>
>I don't think the difference between
>100,000 for second and the
>amount for third was all
>that much.

Found this for yah, not sure how it changes for the 4 extra contestants this season.
Sixteenth $2,000
Fifteenth $4,000
Fourteenth $6,000
Thirteenth $8,000
Twelfth $10,000
Eleventh $12,000
Tenth $15,000
Ninth $20,000
Eighth $30,000
Seventh $40,000
Sixth $50,000
Fifth $60,000
Fourth $70,000
Third $85,000
Runner-up $100,000
Winner $1,000,000

05-16-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: So... How many votes?"
>I also think that Ian just
>wanted to get off the
>bouy, so he was only
>giving up the difference between
>second and third. Not
>having to face Katie in
>the jury was probably worth
>the difference in prize $
>to Ian.

Exactly. Ian realized he was not going to outlast Tom on the pole, or beat him in the F2 vote. So he was not giving up the million in his mind. He did not believe he could win it.

05-16-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
23. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Yes the final 4 said on TES that they all missed their families so they really became each other's family out there. And they formed a bond. I think that bond became very important to Ian and the money seemed secondary to him.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: So... How many votes?"
The rest of the people call those people stupid.

Particularly when their supposed loss of integrity is a fictional construct of two people trying to get farther in the game...

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: So... How many votes?"

Absolutely right DW. The loss of integrity was all in Ian's mind. Ultimately, he was outplayed by Tom and Katie in that respect.

Alchemist

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: So... How many votes?"
Agreed, DWeasel.

Tom and Katie both identified that Ian's Achilles Heel is his need to be liked and respected by the people he likes and respects. I bet we saw only a tiny fraction of the psychological pounding Tom and Katie would have been giving Ian leading up to the final immunity challenge. They knew they would get him to cave if they just kept up the appearance of mortal disappointment in him, combined with giving him a strong sense that this COULD be righted if Ian took certain unspoken but clearly implied steps to prove his worth.

(I've no doubt they WERE genuinely disappointed, as anybody would be when an ally tried to ditch them in the final stages of the game, but for god's sake, they acted like Ian had just killed and eaten their children -- that he had done something utterly despicable behind his friends' backs that neither of them would ever DREAM of doing... coughKatiecough)

In many ways it's credit to Ian that he held out on the pole for as long as he did. All those hours, he must have been wrestling with the concept of these two dear people laying on the "no respect" angle with him, versus his (and everyone else's!) knowledge that trying to get Tom out was his only realistic chance of winning the million.

As it turned out, Ian erred on the side of emotion where others have erred on the side of the mil. While I am an Ian fan -- he was my pick to win the thing -- I do consider it a major weakness in the context of this game that he is so ready to allow his emotions to dictate his actions. In the context of life, however, Ian's no doubt a great friend to have.

Come back in ten years and play again, Ian. You have a bunch of stuff to learn about life and yourself and confidence and how to identify when your soft underbelly is being exploited and how to resist being manipulated even when -- and perhaps ESPECIALLY when -- the manipulator is someone you respect, admire, even love.

And for Tom, grudging respect and acknowledgment that he is probably the best to play the game. Dicque will always be king, though, and Heidik and Mariano and Cesternino so much more ENJOYABLE to watch.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "No TC at F3 -- Jeff Probst blew it again"
If Ian had had any brain cells left after he got off the buoy, he should have demanded that there be a Final 3 vote at tribal council in front of the jury.

But really, Jeff Probst should have made that call. Sure, a deal was struck, and the vote may have been technically unnecessary, but isn't the jury supposed to be privy to the events surrounding each elimination?

I wonder how much the jury actually learned about what happened. If in the course of the TC Ian had been able to get across how relentlessly he was browbeated by Katie and especially Tom, it could have cast Tom in a much more negative light with the jury -- conceivably it might even have been enough to shame Tom into taking Ian to the Final 2, if he thought the jury was reacting badly (though Tom was in such practiced self-righteous mode by that time, probably not).

Even if it wouldn't have changed anything, I think it was a major, MAJOR production gufu to not have a TC at final 3.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: So... How many votes?"
The rest of the people call those people stupid.

See "Donaldson, Colby".

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Normally I'd lock this post"
... but you Spoiler folk seem to having such a nice discussion, I suppose there's no reason it shouldn't stay open.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Normally I'd lock this post"
Thanks, Ice. I came here to see if Spoilers had their picks up yet for the winner of Guatemala, and found I could actually post something over here.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •