The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What Should They Have Sung? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-04, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What Should They Have Sung? "
George mentioned that they gave them a list. Some people made great choices (Amy, Latoya, John S – I didn’t like John S.’s performance, but it was a good song for him), some made lousy choices (Jasmine, Matt, Jon Peter). If they could have sung any country song, what should they have sung? (We could even make this a weekly discussion.)

Diana - "I Need You" – LeAnn Rimes. You’ve got the resemblance already, might as well play it up.

George - "I Love A Rainy Night” – Eddie Rabbitt. Still a little soulful, but he would have to sing it in a country manner.

Fantasia - "Always On My Mind" – No change on the song, but an attitude adjustment is in order.

John S. - "King of the Road" – No change, although he could have made it a little less cool and a little more fun.

Jennifer - "Burn” – JoDee Messina. “No One Else On Earth” was good, but I think slowing it down might stop her from oversinging.

Camile - "My Baby Loves Me” – Martina McBride. She needs to do something upbeat while she’s still on the show. Which probably won’t be for much longer.

JPL - "I’m Gonna Miss Her” – Brad Paisley. A song with a sense of humor for a singer with a sense of humor.

Jasmine - "She’s In Love With The Boy” – Trisha Yearwood. Again, something uptempo is a better bet for her.

Matt - "How Do You Like Me Now?” – Perfect song for his attitude. Simon was right: “Amazed” was a total sellout.

Latoya - "Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up" – No change

Amy - "Sin Wagon" – No change except to Fox to let her sing the actual lyric, “mattress dancin’”, instead of the censored lyric, “crazy dancin’”. No wonder Simon didn’t understand what the song was about.

So what do you think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What Should They Have Sung? Mizz Eve 03-24-04 1
   RE: What Should They Have Sung? Devious Weasel 03-24-04 2
 RE: What Should They Have Sung? I_AM_HE 03-24-04 3
 RE: What Should They Have Sung? Breezy 03-24-04 4
 RE: What Should They Have Sung? nailbone 03-24-04 5
   I Thought Devious Weasel 03-24-04 6
       RE: I Thought Lisapooh 03-24-04 7
           RE: I Thought Devious Weasel 03-24-04 8
               RE: I Thought Lisapooh 03-24-04 9
 RE: What Should They Have Sung? lyrker 03-24-04 10
 RE: What Should They Have Sung? Beccarito 03-24-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-24-04, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
"So what do you think?"

I think that I haven't listened to non-crossover country music in the last 25 years and thus have no idea what they should have sung.

03-24-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
Lack of knowledge does not stop one from having an opinion, at least not on these boards...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
oooh, "How Do You Like Me Now?" would have been a great choice for Matt, I agree. would have been good for JPL too, although I didn't think what he sang was bad at all (well, if he could have stayed on pitch a bit more, anyway). As others have said, I think "Achy Breaky Heart", "Low Places", or any number of songs would also have been ideal for JPL (and probably for Matt too). Don't disagree with your suggestion either, though.

and I agree and disagree on John S. - the song was ok for him, but it was painfully obvious that he couldn't hit the low notes, so despite it fitting him well stylistically, I think he should have chosen something he could actually sing.

personally, i'm quite glad Jasmine didn't pick a fast song so that she got exposed for the out of tune singer she is when every off-pitch note had to be held out in all its un-glory for more than just a split second. no place to hide. unfortunately it still won't get her booted, but oh well. I also would have liked Latoya to sing something slower, but she's already shown off her voice, so this showed some versatility on her part - guess I can't complain.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
JPL - "I’m Gonna Miss Her” – Brad Paisley. A song with a sense of humor for a singer with a sense of humor.

Yup or "Celebrity", that would have been fun.

Just say no to trolls.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
Well, like Miss Eve, I haven't listened to country music in a long time, so I can't name specific songs. But it does seem like most everyone's favorites from last night sang the fun, upbeat songs. Maybe they should just have a "Ballad Night" and limit the slow stuff to that night, and sing the fun stuff the rest of the time.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

03-24-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
6. "I Thought"
It was against Texas state law to not listen to country music?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I Thought"
it's true - you can't renew your license without singing a George Straight song. It makes the DMV that much more pleasant.

03-24-04, 05:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I Thought"
I don't know. A roomful of off-key renditions of "Amarillo By Morning" doesn't seem so pleasant.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I Thought"
Yeah, that song is a bit of a drag - but it's fun to two-step while Uncle Bubba sings all my exes live in Texas.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-24-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
I think that if they were going to do a Kenny Rogers song, it should have been the Gambler, darn it!

That aside I still don't get why they made C&W their first theme. Country? This is POP Idol! Well. American Idol. I know, I know. Country is popular -- my SO pointed this out more than once. But it's not pop music.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

Beccarito 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-24-04, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Beccarito Click to send private message to Beccarito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What Should They Have Sung? "
>>George - "I Love A Rainy Night” – Eddie Rabbitt. Still a >>little soulful, but he would have to sing it in a country >>manner.

Ooh. That would have been fun!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •