The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Press release for the finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Press release for the finale"
Thanks once again to SFever.

-----------------------------------------------------

THE WINNER OF "SURVIVOR: PALAU " TO BE REVEALED LIVE FROM NEW YORK CITY AT A SPECIAL EVENT SUNDAY, MAY 15, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

The Two-Hour Sunday Night Finale Will Be Followed By A LIVE Reveal Of The Winner And A One Hour Reunion Show, Hosted By Jeff Probst

The 20 Castaways Will Reunite For The First Time Since Being In Palau

"The Ultimate Shock" -- After 39 days on the island, the Ultimate Survivor is revealed, on a special night, Sunday, May, 15 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Immediately following, Jeff Probst will host a LIVE reunion show ( 10:00-11:00 , ET/ Tape delayed PT), from the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City .

The final four castaways begin to rethink their strategies when a once solid alliance unravels with the slip of a tongue. In the aftermath of an emotional Tribal Council, arguments abound, feelings are hurt and friendships are questioned. A shocking development during the final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history. Tears and harsh words fuel a tense session between the jury and the final two castaways. Who will win and become the Ultimate Survivor?

After the Ultimate Survivor of SURVIVOR: PALAU is revealed, tune in for more shocking revelations during the LIVE reunion show. In addition, Jeff Probst will officially announce the location of the next SURVIVOR, set to premiere in Fall, 2005.

ORIGINAL KOROR:

Coby Archa, 32, Athens , Texas

Gregg Carey, 28, Chicago

Katie Gallagher, 29, Merced , Calif.

Caryn Groedel, 46, Solon, Ohio

Jennifer Lyon, 32, Encino , Calif.

Ian Rosenberger, 23, Key Largo , Fla.

Willard Smith, 57, Bellevue , Wash.

Janu Tornell, 39, Las Vegas

Tom Westman, 41, Sayville , N.Y.

ORIGINAL ULONG:

Ashlee Ashby, 22, Easley , S.C.

Bobby Jon Drinkard, 27, Troy , Ala.

Angie Jacusz, 24, New Orleans

Jolanda Jones, 39, Houston

Stephenie LaGrossa, 25, Philadelphia

James Miller, 33, Mobile , Ala.

Kimberly Mullen, 25, Huber Heights , Ohio

Ibrehem Rahman, 27, Birmingham , Ala.

Jeff Wilson, 22, Ventura , Calif.

ADDITIONAL CASTAWAYS

Jonathan Libby, 23, Dallas

Wanda Shirk, 55, Ulysses, Pa.

SURVIVOR: PALAU is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly are the executive producers. Mark Burnett, Tom Shelly, Marilyn Seabury and Stuart Schreiberg will serve as executive producers of the LIVE reunion show

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Press release for the finale Loree 05-12-05 1
   RE: Press release for the finale Brownroach 05-12-05 2
       RE: Press release for the finale Loree 05-12-05 3
           RE: Press release for the finale Momobing 05-13-05 4
               RE: Press release for the finale JazzyJax 05-13-05 5
               RE: Press release for the finale fairyprincess 05-13-05 7
           RE: Press release for the finale Brownroach 05-13-05 6
   RE: Press release for the finale Risti 05-13-05 13
 RE: Press release for the finale pmspml5 05-13-05 8
   RE: Press release for the finale Brownroach 05-13-05 9
       RE: Press release for the finale michel 05-13-05 11
   RE: Press release for the finale JohnMc 05-13-05 12
       RE: Press release for the finale knuckles487 05-13-05 15
           "Shocking" frisky 05-13-05 16
               RE: "Shocking" fleaismycat 05-14-05 20
           RE: Press release for the finale Risti 05-14-05 17
 RE: Press release for the finale RDIheath 05-13-05 10
 yellow truck? kohlibri 05-13-05 14
 RE: Press release for the finale WireHead_McNutty 05-14-05 18
 Please, no more waterworks at TC! fleaismycat 05-14-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Press release for the finale"
"A shocking development during the final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history."

OK, any guesses? Does someone step down for a friend and then not get rewarded for doing it?

05-12-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Press release for the finale"
At first I thought it might be that Ian, having outlasted Katie in the challenge, offers to step down if Tom will promise to take him to F2. Tom agrees, Ian steps down, and then Tom takes Katie instead.

That would be a "shocking development" -- however, the shock wouldn't come during the actual challenge, it would come at the TC. So I think I've talked myself out of it.

However, there have been rumblings that Ian decides to step down because he doesn't feel comfortable about his actions in the game and doesn't want to face the jury.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Press release for the finale"
Maybe Ian steps down for Katie rather than Tom.

Momobing 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-05, 04:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Momobing Click to send private message to Momobing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Press release for the finale"
The most shocking development I can think of is Katie winning the final IC...

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Press release for the finale"
Or Ian winning and giving the immunity necklace to Katie...

fairyprincess 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fairyprincess Click to send private message to fairyprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Press release for the finale"
Yes and that would explain her being in the F2

05-13-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Press release for the finale"
Maybe Ian steps down for Katie rather than Tom.

I really hope not. That would so completely suck.

Maybe Ian steps down because he doesn't want to have to choose between Katie and Tom as a Final 2 opponent. In other words, he removes himself from the challenge but not the game: whoever wins could still choose Ian to go to the final 2.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Press release for the finale"
I wonder if this is where we see the final breakdown in the alliance between Tom and Ian(didn't the misdirection hint at one?) Maybe Tom comes right out and says "look Ian, this is it. I like you man, but if I win this thing, I'm taking Katie, so that I can win the game. So if you want your million bucks, keep standing on one leg...(or whatever the challenge is)." Ian had probably figured he was in a scenario where whoever wins the challenge, they'll take him with them.

This would lead to the emotional Tribal Council, where Ian gets it in his head to somehow blame Katie for having had an alliance with Tom all along (or else just blames Tom. Either way).

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-13-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Press release for the finale"
It happens during the challenge and therefore can not just be Ian stepping down - since Rich has already done that. There has to be more to it then that. My guess is Ian says - I'm stepping down "and out" of the game. The final challenge may only last a few minutes - that would go down in survivor history since they usually last hours.

05-13-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Press release for the finale"
This is what I can't figure out. Wezzie got info saying that the first person went out after 8 hours and the second after 11, and that Tom wins. That's probably longer than any challenge ever.

But it doesn't fit with someone quitting. If the quitter leaves *the game* at 8 hours there is no reason for the challenge to continue. And it seems bizarre for someone to quit the game after standing wherever for 11 whole hours. The challenge maybe, but the game?

So I don't know -- maybe Wezzie's info was wrong. Or it refers to something else.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Press release for the finale"
If indeed the challenge lasts 11 hours and Tom wins, there is nothing to really go down in history except maybe in the way it happens. I'm thinking that after 11 hours, Katie faints and falls off whatever platform they had been standing on.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Press release for the finale"
"A shocking development during the final Immunity Challenge promises to go down in SURVIVOR history."

I dunno, pms. Yes, Rich did step down, but for strategic reasons. He knew Kelly would win between her and Rudy. And since Kelly wouldn't want to go against Rudy, she'd take Rich. He thought it through, and played an excellent hand.

If Ian steps down, however, it isn't because he knows that Tom will take him. He may think that he can win immunity. (I mean, has a girl won a challenge yet???) The only people who even have a chance to win would be Tom or Ian.

Ian is young and emotional. As a result, I think he looks at his relationship with Tom as something very important to him, even after the game. At the same time, he sees Katie as, if not a girlfriend or a potential girlfriend, then at least someone that he also values their friendship. Remember how hard it was for him to decide to Tom or Katie for the reward challenge? Just think how tough it will be when there is a million bucks on the line! He probably doesn't want to be in the position to have to choose, so he will let them duke it out, regardless of the cost for the game. If it means he comes in third, so be it: At least he has his friendships intact.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it lasts 8 or 11 hours and Ian finally comes to terms with the above after 8 hours.

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Press release for the finale"
Why does the "shock" have to be about Ian quitting? Personally, given the message we have been force fed the whole season about quitters, I cannot imagine Ian getting the edit he did if he were to quit.

Why couldn't it be something more outrageous and even more shocking than a quit? You know that during the challenge, they will be talking a lot more than we will be seeing. Maybe it is something ridiculous like 8 hours into the challenge, Ian professes his love for Katie and proposes to her. The shock of such an asinine move then dislodges either Tom or Katie from their perch, and the other 2 continue on until one can no longer take it 3 hours later.

My guess is that Tom finally wins, and after listening to 11 hours of drivel from the other two, feels that he wouldn't get a jury vote from either of them.........but still feels that Ian is his best chance for a vote and thus sends him to the jury. Stranger things have happened. lol

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. ""Shocking""
Haven't they used this word before in misdirection and it turned out to be a shock from an eel?

Maybe they all get hit by lightening during the challenge. That would go down in Survivor history.

The world is my litterbox.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-14-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: "Shocking""
I think getting struck by lightning might be a better fate than proposing to Katie.

What kind of intervention will have to be planned for Ian if she says yes? Do you think A&E might be interested in hosting it?

Both of the above posts made me laugh.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 04:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Press release for the finale"
But if Ian gets down on one knee, won't that likely be breaking the specific instructions to hop on one foot while balancing a tray of drinks with lead weights strapped to your back, or whatever new and exciting 'twist' they put on the endurance challenge this year?

Seriously though, if that were the case, I don't think CBS would have kept Katie and Ian's relationship as under the radar as it has been. Look what they've done with Rob and Amber's proposal and relationship, and that happened unplanned on the finale. Even if Katie laughed in Ian's face when he did it, they still would have been milking the lead up to that moment from the very first episode.

But I do agree that I don't think Ian quits, as I said above.

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Press release for the finale"
Re: Caryn on Early Show
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION!!!!! Did anyone catch the quick promo sometime around 0730-0745 EDT on the early show
I saw it and I could swear that they promo'd Mondays Early show ans stated something to the effect that they are down to the final four....who will win? Tune in next week when we have the winner live and present HER with HER million dollar check????

kohlibri 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kohlibri Click to send private message to kohlibri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "yellow truck?"
On the sucks board I read about the yellow truck being on the island around the time of the last tribal council. Maybe Jeff offers the yellow truck to someone if they step off during the last IC.

WireHead_McNutty 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WireHead_McNutty Click to send private message to WireHead_McNutty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Press release for the finale"
I know what the shocking twist at the final immunity challenge is that will go down in Survivor History. The final challenge is an endurance challenge where the contestants stand on a scale for as long as they can. If they move around and lose their balance, and the needle flucuates more than five pounds either way, they are eliminated. Therein lies the twist with this challenge. What goes down in Survivor history is that Jiffy notices that Katie's scale shows that she is the first contestant to last thirty plus days and not lose any weight.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fleaismycat Click to send private message to fleaismycat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Please, no more waterworks at TC!"
I thought I was going to throw something at my Tv during the TC of last season and allstars. Gosh, hysteria doesn't do anyone any favours.

I think contestants just make themselves look foolish by weeping and yelling at TC. Sometimes I feel they are just trying to up Sue's Rat and Snake speech. Sour grapes or more attention hogging by people who LOST the game.

I mean Julie, Eliza and Sarge made me crazy at the TC for 9 and my respect for Ami and Scout went up a lot.

The TC for Allstars was like watching a train wreck. Only Shiiann, Rupert and Jenna seemed in control of themselves (I did feel badly for Kathy though, and respected her voting for Rob anyway).

Part of me is hoping someone will call Katie on her cattiness but I have the feeling most of them think she is "funny". I don't find her funny at all, just petty and manipulative. However, if calling her on her behaviour is going to involve yelling or crying (especially from Ian) then I don't want to see it.

I think Ian gives up his spot on the finale to Katie. I hope he either finds out or sees from watching now how she was planning on turning on him and stop feeling badly for not taking her on reward. I really like Ian and hope he's not so foolish as to fall on the sword for Katie but it does seem like that will happen. If he is in love with her I think he will definately end up feeling played and be even more hurt. If this is the case I will feel sorry for him but I will see him as foolish.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •