The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-05 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

Episode 13 – Five down to four

Hi, everybody! Here we are getting down to the nitty gritty of the show. There are only two episodes left. First, I would like to remind everybody of the Community Guidelines and the Spoiler Guidelines. These guidelines are here for a reason – to make the place more friendly and fun and more organized.

Just in case you were hiding under a rock last week, Ggrreegg was the person voted off the island. So that leaves us with Ian, (not so Big) Tom, Katie, Caryn, and the shocked Jennifer.

So what does that leave us with now? Well, the producers still have a vehicle to give away. So will that be on Thursday’s episode or Sunday’s. In the past seasons, it has normally been in the episode before the finale, so that would indicate that it is this Thursday, as well. There is discussion talking about the reward and it seems that Ian might be the winner of the vehicle and he takes Tom with him, but that leaves other people bitter. I have one thing to say to Katie about this. You are supposed to LOSE weight on Survivor and getting every single reward isn’t your right.

With the car reward, there has been discussion of the Survivor curse. Not a single winner of the car has won the game. (I know, All-Stars is up for debate but Rawb won the car, took Amber, and they happened to give a second car to her, and she was the winner of All-Stars. And it also just so happened that she is now married to Rawb (wedding which will air later this month on CBS), and in the Final Three of The Amazing Race. But I digress, back to this show. The name of Thursday’s episode is “It Could All Backfire.” So that could mean that the car curse is still running.

So what else is there to say? Well, remember last week’s reward challenge? It was the coconut chop challenge and reveals alliances, which allowed Ian and Tom to see Gregg as a threat. So what does that say for this week? Well, in the ever-growing Editing thread, we were able to see how Katie is being a floater, jumping from power player to power player. The John Nash equilibrium theory (the movie “A Beautiful Mind” was based on his life), was brought up here and it seems that Katie might be benefiting here.

We have had spoilers in the past and they seem to tell us to expect a Tom-Katie final 2. So with that, we have wanted to figure out how the jury will vote. There are many varying opinions - some pointing to a Katie win and others pointing to a Tom win, and all valid, well-thought opinions.

Finally, in an attempt to spoil from another direction, the horoscope of the survivors, was detailed thoroughly. If you believe in this stuff, and feel that it’ll help you, that is great. If you don’t believe in this stuff, and don’t think that it’ll help, that is just as great.

So, who do you want to write down in the Official Vote thread? Well, as much as I’m not good at predicting who is going and who will win reward, I’ll be writing down Caryn’s name because she is still the outsider, and the Mersaydeez Spoiler says it is her turn. Ian still has lots of time to be voted off by Tom. If I’m wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time and it certainly wouldn’t be the last time either.

And with that, I’ll remind everyone to have fun watching Thursday’s episode and Sunday’s finale. Have a party and invite friends. And if you do, please don’t drink and drive. Hire a cab, take transit, or have a designated driver. I want to be able to share the fun of Survivor spoiling with everyone here, next year.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Edit to add Official Vote link (which wasn't up when I posted).

Three is the perfect number.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... KObrien_fan 05-10-05 1
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... emydi 05-10-05 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Scarlett O Hara 05-10-05 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... pinay_racer 05-11-05 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Magic Fingers 05-11-05 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... applejack93 05-11-05 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Brownroach 05-11-05 7
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... VerucaSalt 05-11-05 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... sylvester 05-11-05 9
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... kary1371 05-12-05 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Flowerpower 05-11-05 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Krautboy 05-12-05 11
 Great Job 3!! lvoetulips 05-12-05 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... momica 05-12-05 14
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Hoobie 05-16-05 15
       RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Georgianna 05-19-05 16
   RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... PepeLePew13 05-20-05 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode... Georgianna 05-19-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Nice job on the light week. The whole season has been so thoroughly spoiled it has put alot of us loquatious spoilers nearly out of business, right Emydi?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
What, I can't hear you...you still won't give me a car...hmmpftt

BTW, 3, nice job on the SOTS.

and yes, I miss the spoiling..the arguing, the late nites, the tears, the hopes, the dreams.....

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Great job, No. 3! Thanks!

3 has always been my favorite number, too! Scarlett

pinay_racer 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinay_racer Click to send private message to pinay_racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
thanks stride...

it's a given this time (again)

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-11-05, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Thank you for a great SOTS this week. This is all I have been able to read. I am bummed that I might miss this Thursday and Sunday but it is for a good reason...daughter graduating from college! I will try and not speed to get there in time for Survivor!

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-05, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Great SOTS! With the ease of spoiling this season it's become a must-read because there isn't much action in the other threads. At least you made it interesting and concise.

This season has been boring. Actually, each season seems to get easier and easier, but at least last season we still had the surprise of Julie making it to F5.

Thanks 3!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Great work on the SOTS, strid, especially since there's barely anything left to figure out.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-11-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
My applause again for a wonderful SOTS

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Great job 3!

I sure hope the next season has something left to discuss. I for one haven't enjoyed this season as much knowing the outcome right from the start. Here's hoping next season goes back to lively discussions on the board!

Oh, and K.O. you are the just the best! Thank you so much for my new siggie.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Great SOTS Strid!

Love your new siggie Cat! Good job KO!

(After seeing it, I think I'll keep working on mine, needs improvements, still proud of my first attempt though!)

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Well done, 333! Thank God for the peeps that do the SOTS! It's all I seem to seek out before the episode these days.....what a bummer! I so miss the detective work that goes into spoiling the show! Well, there's always next season!

As always...FloPo

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-05, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Thanks for doing a fine SOTS Strid333! Been out of town, and it's always nice to come home and snuggle in with a good SOTS!

Thanks,

Krautboy

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Great Job 3!!"
Haven't been here in two years- (used to be rose, had to re-register it's been so long...) but you are still doing great sots!

lvoetulips

momica 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail momica Click to send private message to momica Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
Your writing was very interesting..but I hope you will take a moment to PLEASE learn the difference between a plural and a possessive when writing an article. It is annoying and sometimes confusing. You write well. Somebody just didn't let you know that when there is a contraction in these kind of cases (i.e. "sunday's") it means that something BELONGS to Sunday, or it is "Sunday is". When you have more than one, you just add an s.

Sorry. I know you'll think I'm a jerk. But sometimes it's really distracting.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
I am surprised that Strid hasn't responded to this post. I don't think you're a jerk, as I won't pass judgment - but you are misinformed. The episode did BELONG to Sunday, and thus merited the use of an apostrophe. You can see that throughout the original post, all other nouns were pluralized correctly.

You may want to take the time to learn the difference between i.e. and e.g. That can be annoying to some people as well.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
"Well done is better than well said."
And both is best of all.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 06:55 AM (EST)

What's really sad is that you took the time to register for this place to use your FIRST post on something as asinine as criticizing someone else over the perceived misuse of a contraction (strid happens to be correct in the use of "Sunday's" -- you weren't correct in typing "sunday's" with the small s).

I can see you're going to be a barrel of laughs around here.

Oh BTW, an ellipsis is three dots, not two dots. And somebody just didn't let you know that there's such a thing as manners - it's really distracting when you don't have any.

Thanks for your SOTS, strid!

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling - Episode 13"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-05 AT 08:40 AM (EST)

3 ...

Thank you. And although this is terribly late, I would also like to express my gratitude for uniformly excellent SOTS to each of the Board members who have provided them this season. I can't imagine that any one of them was easily or quickly done.

But I do imagine that, particularly for those of us new here, they have more than once been a godsend. This is a big place, and a user-friendly roadmap is a very nice thing to have.

Thank you, too, for providing a link to the thread that I began in your SOT. And you're right: either way, "that's great".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •