The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-30-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
See excerpt below from http://articles.student.com/article/rushingthefield. Does anyone know if this is the same guy? (I don't see anything in his CBS bio mentioning Miami, but perhaps he is a transfer):

"Colin Guinn, a student at the University of Miami, was at the center of one of the incidents. According to Guinn, he charged the field and was subsequently beaten by police upon returning to the stands. Guinn, who said that he was pushed into a corner and beaten by three officers (one of whom was armed), suffered a "bone bruise," or bleeding between the bone and its surrounding fascia, in the incident.

He says his injuries are a direct result of police incompetence. "They were angry because none of the students were listening to a word they were saying about staying off the field," Guinn said. "I think that they lost sight of the fact that the ultimate goal was just to try and keep students off the football field, which in itself is no reason to beat students. In losing sight of their goal they saw it as some kind of life threatening thing, and so they were stopping at nothing to keep kids off the field."

"What I could have done to protect myself? I could have stayed off the field. But once down there? Nothing, because they beat me up after I was already on the field and I was trying to go back to the stands. I was no longer trying to work my way on the field," Guinn added. "It could have been avoided in two ways: I could have just stayed off the field after our team just beat the No. 2 ranked team in the nation, or the cops could have just gotten off their power trip and let the students celebrate their school's victory, because we were not being aggressive in the first place."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not Colin's first altercation w... friedheine 08-30-04 1
 RE: Not Colin's first altercation w... aquariaqueen 08-31-04 2
   RE: Not Colin's first altercation w... Sue 08-31-04 3
 RE: Not Colin's first altercation w... landruajm 08-31-04 4
   RE: Not Colin's first altercation w... ginger 08-31-04 5
       RE: Not Colin's first altercation w... Puffy 09-01-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

friedheine 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-30-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail friedheine Click to send private message to friedheine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
He says his injuries are a direct result of police incompetence. "They were angry because none of the students were listening to a word they were saying about staying off the field," Guinn said. "I think that they lost sight of the fact that the ultimate goal was just to try and keep students off the football field, which in itself is no reason to beat students. In losing sight of their goal they saw it as some kind of life threatening thing, and so they were stopping at nothing to keep kids off the field."

"What I could have done to protect myself? I could have stayed off the field. But once down there? Nothing, because they beat me up after I was already on the field and I was trying to go back to the stands. I was no longer trying to work my way on the field," Guinn added. "It could have been avoided in two ways: I could have just stayed off the field after our team just beat the No. 2 ranked team in the nation, or the cops could have just gotten off their power trip and let the students celebrate their school's victory, because we were not being aggressive in the first place."

Without bothering to do ANY research, I think it's pretty safe to say that we have two different people here. The above quotes seem to be coming from a very level-headed individual, there's no hint of profanity, and the person actually shows an ability to be objective about his own behavior. Three strikes compared to "our" Colin's M.O.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-31-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
Sounds like the level headed idiot who spoke with TVGO.

Sue 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-31-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sue Click to send private message to Sue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-04 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

Or someone who looks at his behaviors with filters after the heat of the moment is gone. He clearly wants to protect his image and is articulate. My opinion is the TV Guide article could have waited until his team was eliminated or until he won. Although he doesn't address the timing, I find it interesting that the article comes out so soon after the experience with the cab driver.

While I think Colin has made a lot of good decisions in the race, I think the incident with the cabbie was over the top. He needs to control his emotions. To risk the entire race over an experience that got him to the airport in 4th place was extremely foolish.

Colin comes across to me as someone who is a bully and or in the "in group" and doesn't want to lose that position. It hurt his ego that Charla and Mirna were so competitive in the early stages of the race. It also hurt that Mirna was abrasive and he retaliated just as he did with the cab driver. I find he didn't want to risk losing to someone he couldn't stand and to someone he thought shouldn't be competitive.

In the end game, if the last leg came down to any kind of a foot race, Charla and Mirna would have to be extremely lucky to win.

Some of the other teams went along Colin to reduce conflict or to eliminate another team instead of themselves.

I remember teams ganging up on Derek and Drew in the past because they were so good looking and physically strong.

Colin and Christie have clearly run a fine race on many of the judgment calls and skill levels. I expect to see them in the final 3. If I had been him and inclined to try to force another team out of the race, I think I would have picked on one which was likely to be a bigger threat in the final 3.

This is just speculation, but the timing of TV Guide article causes me to think they made it to the final 3 but didn't win. Otherwise, why not just this whole situation when they do the winners' interview. That would make the whole Mirna-Colin feud just a footnote rather than a statement.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
Colin went to the University of Texas. Where he met Not-Colin.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
Kind of like Goofus and Gallant. From those "Highlights" magazines in your dentist's office.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not Colin's first altercation with the cops?"
Ginger! You read Highlights too?

Handcrafted at midnight by RollDDice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •