The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

queerk 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-24-03, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queerk Click to send private message to queerk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
I think it makes it seem like "queer" implies male. Why not "Queer Guy's Eye for the Straight Guy"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is any one else offended by the... cqvenus 07-24-03 1
   RE: Is any one else offended by the... queerk 07-25-03 3
       RE: Is any one else offended by the... cqvenus 07-30-03 6
       RE: Is any one else offended by the... drawde236 07-31-03 7
           RE: Is any one else offended by the... cqvenus 07-31-03 8
               RE: Is any one else offended by the... AZ_Leo 07-31-03 9
 RE: Is any one else offended by the... wildchickenhunter 07-25-03 2
 RE: Is any one else offended by the... kyngsladye 07-25-03 4
   RE: Is any one else offended by the... cqvenus 07-30-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-24-03, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
it's my experience that "queer" is used mainly for men.

I'm offended that on the NBC re-air they neglected to mention that they donated butch's hair to locks of love. It would've taken two seconds to mention, and it's a very worthy charity.

~ cq

- http://www.locksoflove.org

queerk 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-25-03, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queerk Click to send private message to queerk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
Actually no, queer is used for all of us, I in fact use queer as my sexual identity.

07-30-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
I can see that, given your username, I presumed as much.

I said that it is MY experience that it is used mainly for men. Sorry, but you can't really tell me no.

~ cq

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-31-03, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
I, for one, would find it interesting if one of the Fab 5 was a woman. It would definately add something to the show.

07-31-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
I have to disagree with this.

I think having a gay woman defeats the whole purpose. If you're going to have a gay woman, why not just have a straight woman? Since the guy wants to look good for to attract straight women, they might as well make him over, right?

I say leave it. It ain't broke.

~ cq

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-31-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
I say leave it. It ain't broke.

It's probably one of the least broke reality shows I've ever seen. I can't remember any other that leaves me with such a positive, good feeling after watching.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-25-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-25-03 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

Not in the least. I just had several other titles run through my head that are way more offensive....I can't write them here because WEBBY will throw me off the board.

I do think the show is pretty entertaining.

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-25-03, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
I'm assuming they picked the title "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" because it rolls off the tongue easier than "Queer Guy's Eye for the Straight Guy."

My official title is "Red-Headed Sea Hag" but I'm usually called just "Sea Hag".

La Métropole

07-30-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Is any one else offended by the name queer eye for the striaght guy?"
the gay half of the producers came up with the title after they attended an event and witnessed a wife harassing her husband for not being as stylin' as the group of polished gays that were present. they overheard, and came over and gave him tips. the producer said "wow, that was like the queer eye for the straight guy" and the show was born.

but i can't find the article that quotes it, so excuse my bad paraphrasing.

~ cq

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •