The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final vote"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final vote"
The spoilers have indicated that there would be a Katie - Tom finale for some time. Until last night I had thought that Tom would easily win a jury vote against Katie. Now I am not so sure.

It looks like that Ian is really closer to Katie than Tom and actually promised to look after her. In the interviews Ian gave, he indicated that he took that promise serious (I also pictured in my head Boston Rob or Richard laughing at the camera that someone else believed him when he made that promise, but I digress). That sure leaves me believing that Ian will vote for Katie over Tom

Katie will certainly tell Jenn how she was blindsided by Ian at the last second and that she had no choice. That would certainly leave Jenn thinking more favorably about Katie than Tom.

When Jenn loses she will likely tell Greg at loser lodge that it was Tom and not Katie who did him in and that should give Katie a third vote.

I still think that Katie has little chance of getting Coby or Janu's vote.

But if Katie can get Caryn's vote (although not likely, still possible depending how pissed off she is next week when Tom votes her out) or Stephanie's vote (they seemed to be somewhat friendly when trying to develop an all girl strategy and she might also be pissed off at Tom for not doing more for her), I think Cary now has a fighting chanceto win the million dollars

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final vote cayugasong 05-06-05 1
   RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-06-05 3
       RE: Final vote ginger 05-06-05 8
       RE: Final vote PepeLePew13 05-06-05 10
       RE: Final vote kary1371 05-06-05 13
   Bwaaabbbaaa jkokoj 05-06-05 12
       RE: Bwaaabbbaaa Alchemist 05-06-05 14
 RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-06-05 2
   RE: Final vote Bebo 05-06-05 5
       RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-06-05 7
           Ian and Katie samboohoo 05-10-05 42
               RE: Ian and Katie Brownroach 05-10-05 43
               RE: Ian and Katie ADKer 05-10-05 44
       RE: Final vote PepeLePew13 05-06-05 11
           RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-06-05 16
               RE: Final vote Bebo 05-06-05 18
                   RE: Final vote MargoChanning 05-09-05 37
 RE: Final vote Thaibeach 05-06-05 4
   RE: Final vote michel 05-06-05 6
       RE: Final vote ginger 05-06-05 9
 RE: Final vote frisky 05-06-05 15
 RE: Final vote JohnMc 05-06-05 17
 Slightly off topic, but still about... Loquatrix 05-06-05 19
   RE: Slightly off topic, but still a... PepeLePew13 05-07-05 22
       RE: Slightly off topic, but still a... Loree 05-07-05 25
   RE: Slightly off topic, but still a... oncebitten 05-09-05 38
 RE: Final vote Witless 05-06-05 20
   RE: Final vote littletown 05-07-05 21
       RE: Final vote PepeLePew13 05-07-05 23
           RE: Final vote Scarlett O Hara 05-07-05 24
   RE: Final vote Loree 05-07-05 26
 RE: Final vote DRONES 05-08-05 27
   RE: Final vote esquire 05-08-05 28
       RE: Final vote pmspml5 05-09-05 29
           RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-09-05 30
               RE: Final vote forehead 05-09-05 31
                   RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-09-05 32
                       RE: Final vote forehead 05-09-05 33
                           RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-09-05 34
                           RE: Final vote MargoChanning 05-09-05 39
                               RE: Final vote pinay_racer 05-09-05 41
                       RE: Final vote esquire 05-09-05 35
                           RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-09-05 36
                               RE: Final vote michel 05-09-05 40
   RE: Final vote jenniferlyn 05-15-05 63
 Interesting comment from Gregg Brownroach 05-11-05 45
   RE: Interesting comment from Gregg JohnMc 05-12-05 46
       RE: Interesting comment from Gregg Brownroach 05-12-05 47
           RE: Interesting comment from Gregg michel 05-12-05 48
               RE: Interesting comment from Gregg ohboy 05-12-05 49
 RE: Final vote esquire 05-12-05 50
   RE: Final vote applejack93 05-12-05 51
   RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-13-05 54
       Caryn on TES blacknwhitedog 05-13-05 59
   RE: Final vote pmspml5 05-13-05 56
       RE: Final vote Brownroach 05-13-05 57
       RE: Final vote marebear79 05-15-05 65
 RE: Final vote cycles2k 05-13-05 52
   RE: Final vote Loree 05-13-05 53
       RE: Final vote ADKer 05-13-05 55
           RE: Final vote Pookie13 05-13-05 58
               RE: Final vote michel 05-13-05 60
                   RE: Final vote Round Robin 05-14-05 61
                       RE: Final vote PepeLePew13 05-15-05 64
               RE: Final vote jenniferlyn 05-15-05 68
 CNN.com pimping Tom frisky 05-14-05 62
   RE: CNN.com pimping Tom weecama 05-15-05 66
       Snewsers Pick weecama 05-15-05 67
 RE: Final vote esquire 05-16-05 69

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cayugasong 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cayugasong Click to send private message to cayugasong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final vote"
Great. I don't read the spoiler boards because I want to be surprised, and thanks to you, now I have this Katie-Tom thing that will color the last few episodes for me! Please keep spoiler information on the spoiler board, or at least bury it in your post and put a warning in the subject!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final vote"
Um...this IS the Spoiler Board.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final vote"

I'm sorry, but that was actually pretty funny.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final vote"
I think we've got a winner for the SkierDude10 Memorial Award for this season.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-06-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-05 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

I have to admit I'm with Ginger on that one!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-06-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Bwaaabbbaaa"
lmao!! *snort* funniest thing around this board in a while!

courtesy of RollDdice

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bwaaabbbaaa"
Priceless

Alchemist

05-06-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final vote"
It looks like that Ian is really closer to Katie than Tom and actually promised to look after her. In the interviews Ian gave, he indicated that he took that promise serious

Also, Wezzie spoiled that Tom wins the F3 IC. That means it's Tom who knocks Ian out of the game. (I realize we are still not 100% sure which of Ian and Jenn gets to F3 but it seems much more likely that Ian does.)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final vote"
If Tom wins the F3 by convincing Ian to step down by saying he'll take Ian to the F2, then yes he loses Ian's vote. Otherwise, I don't think Ian would hold it against him. The purple rock conversation about it being just a game is one piece of evidence that Ian would not lose respect for Tom because he made the wiser F2 opponent choice.

I still think Tom has it locked up against Katie.
- Coby - votes Tom out of respect
- Janu - votes Tom, respects his game and has no respect for Katie
- Steph - votes Tom out of respect
- Gregg - votes Tom. His final words showed respect that they were able to pull it off. And if the jury questions bring out any specifics of the course of events, he'll have a lot more respect for Tom's willingness to risk a tie and pulling a purple rock than for Katie's caving in. From an ego standpoint, I think he could better handle being represented by a winner like Tom instead of a winner like Katie. I don't think he'd want to be known publicly as the guy who was outwitted and outplayed by Katie.
- Caryn - easy call, Tom.

So there's 5. Even if I'm wrong and Gregg does hold a grudge, those other 4 are solid.

And I wouldn't count out a Jenn vote against Katie. After all, Katie was the nail in the coffin for getting Gregg out, and Katie looks like she's the key to the failure of a women's alliance at F5. I don't see Jenn turning down the idea of the women allying, since she probably thinks she could easily beat Katie and Caryn in future challenges and end up in F2.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

05-06-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Final vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-05 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

I don't think Ian would particularly hold it against Tom either, but esquire is pointing out that Ian seems to have a closer bond with Katie, and Katie will not be the one to take Ian out of the game at F3, therefore Ian would have nothing to hold against her. So that one little act of Tom's might indirectly factor into Ian's jury vote.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Ian and Katie"
I think Ian did have a bond with Katie. But like he said, Katie sold him out for a night on a yacht. Ian played it up for Katie's brother, and I think he's still playing it up. Yes, I realize the previews show what appears to be Ian crying to Katie saying he would walk away, but I still think he's playing her.

Icey bounced my Dicey

05-10-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Ian and Katie"
Perhaps. But if Ian is going to remain so upset about Katie knocking him out of the reward challenge that he won't vote for her at F2, he's pretty silly. Especially since in the alliance-revealing challenge you're *not* supposed to reveal your alliance partners. And Katie didn't win the challenge anyway. If she had won, she probably would have taken Ian as one of her guests.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Ian and Katie"
I agree with Michel below that Katie cannot win a jury vote. I am intrigued though by the Ian-Katie alliance. I thought that the spoilers have been uncertain whether it is Tom or Ian in the final. In Austrailia, I remember being surprised by how highly Tina spoke of Colby to Colby's mother, before the strength of the Tina-Colby alliance was shown. I think that Ian is generally too upfront to be playing Katie and we haven't really been shown a relationship that justifies Ian's assurances to Katie's brother-in-law or Ian's reference to Katie as "my girl". I wonder if there is a much stronger Ian-Katie bond than we have seen so far, since all other alliances seem to have been shown and, generally, alliances shown do not succeed. If there is a VERY strong Ian-Katie bond such that Ian, upon winning the final immunity, took Katie to the finals, it would be consistent with past editing in which the most successful alliances were hidden until near the end.

05-06-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final vote"

>I still think Tom has it
>locked up against Katie.
>- Coby - votes Tom out of respect

Maybe it's just me, but I have trouble seeing Coby being a big fan of Tom out of respect for his gameplay. He was rather pissed at Tom over the fishing thing with the Palauan natives, and he seems to be the catty sort who holds a grudge. Katie has pissed Coby off as well, but Tom 'embarrassed' him in front of others. Will his pride allow him to overlook that and vote Tom because of gameplay over Katie?

Regardless of who Coby votes for, I think Tom has it in the bag and I also believe that Jenn will vote along with Gregg on every potential finalist, and I think she would respect Tom's gameplay over Katie.

Scratch and sniff

05-06-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Final vote"
I still maintain there is no way Coby will vote for Katie. It's not gonna happen. Tom's bossy tendencies may have irritated Coby in certain instances, but Coby flat-out thought Katie was useless, 24/7. Tom will definitely get the votes of Coby, Janu, Steph, and Caryn, imo, which gives him the win right there. I think he'll get at least Gregg's vote too.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Final vote"
As one who tried to strategize, Coby will have more respect for the player who tried to strategize instead of a coattails-rider who wasn't all that nice to him herself. Coby looked delighted (or maybe just astonished) when Gregg was voted out, and as the jury gets more information on how that all came about, I think Tom's role in it will impress Coby a lot more than Katie's.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

MargoChanning 14 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MargoChanning Click to send private message to MargoChanning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Final vote"
Wasn't Coby's quote something to the effect of the thought of Katie going further than him in the game . . . "puke, puke, puke"?

Doesn't sound like someone who has any respect at all for Katie. He'd definitely vote Tom, especially since Tom should have had a target on his back from Day 1 and survived all the way through to F2. That would earn his respect.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final vote"
When Jenn loses she will likely tell Greg at loser lodge that it was Tom and not Katie who did him in and that should give Katie a third vote.

I'm not so sure about this. Greg's comments after being booted weren't angry or bitter - though that could have changed when Jenn spilled the beans, as you noted. He seemed to be impressed that they got him and he didn't see it coming.

Between that, and the fact that Greg attended the St Pat's Day parade in NY with Tom and Ian, I don't think he holds anything against Tom.

I think Greg will be able to set aside "hurt" feelings and vote for the person he feels played the best game - Tom.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final vote"
Katie cannot beat anyone in final vote. Period.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final vote"
*sighs*

I know. Pity we can't decide who wins the mill with a pie-eating contest.

On the other hand, I can pretty much relax from here to the Final 2. Like I haven't pretty much been doing just that all along. Pass me the shark jerky?

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final vote"
I hope that most of what you say doesn't play out. I hate when the losers use their vote as revenge for their outster.

I would be inclined to vote for the person who orchestrated my boot and actually pulled it off. This group, other than Coby and possibly Janu, seems like they would be more likely base their votes on respect for gameplay rather than emotions.

Which means that final TC will boring. Everyone will be *acting* mad, and badly.

The world is my litterbox.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Final vote"
<<When Jenn loses she will likely tell Greg at loser lodge that it was Tom and not Katie who did him in and that should give Katie a third vote.>>

Um... this isn't allowed. When Jenn and Gregg are in loser lodge together, none of the people in LL are allowed to talk about the game. It wouldn't surprise me if they did, but they aren't supposed to. Besides, Jeff P will probably bring it up during TC anyway.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Slightly off topic, but still about voting"
So last night, if there had been a 3-3 tie Caryn-Gregg, would we have gone straight to Purple Rock with Ian-Katie-Jenn-Tom pulling rocks, or would there have been a second round of voting first, to give people an opportunity to change their votes? I thought the latter was the usual course in a tie, but I don't recall it being mentioned last night.

Not that it would really make a difference. I'm just interested to know whether Katie would have had the chance to issue a first vote for Caryn and a second vote for Gregg.

05-07-05, 07:38 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Slightly off topic, but still about voting"
I would think so... Stephenie flip-flopped her vote in back-to-back episodes after there were ties in the first round during the Angie and James boots.

Scratch and sniff

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Slightly off topic, but still about voting"
Yes, Jeff seems to give them one chance to revote and change their minds. Afterall if nobody discussed the vote in advance nobody would know that a tie was going to happen.

So the players are allowed one chance to change their votes and avoid the purple rock consequence.

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Slightly off topic, but still about voting"
I thought that they would revote and then if it still became a tie then they would factor in votes from previous TCs, which would mean Caryn would go b/c Stephenie voted for her and as I can remember noone had voted for Gregg before. Did the rules change? I am just waiting for this rock thing to resurface. It has only happened once. Do we even know if it still exists?

Witless 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-06-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Witless Click to send private message to Witless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Final vote"

>It looks like that Ian is
>really closer to Katie than
>Tom and actually promised to
>look after her. In
>the interviews Ian gave, he
>indicated that he took that
>promise serious (I also pictured
>in my head Boston Rob
>or Richard laughing at the
>camera that someone else believed
>him when he made that
>promise, but I digress).
>That sure leaves me believing
>that Ian will vote for
>Katie over Tom

Yeah, but one of the things Ian promised was that he would not write Katie's name down.

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-07-05, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final vote"
i always thought after a deasdlock(two tied votes) they would go to previous tribal council votes, and if that is a tie, they would move on to lottery or physical challenge. has that changed?

05-07-05, 07:42 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Final vote"
Oh yes, previous tribal council votes haven't been used since S3 Africa. In Africa, Carl lost a quiz challenge after two tie votes. Then in S4 Marquesas, the purple rock was used to break a tie, and since then, I don't think there has been a single tie at TC until the two tied TCs in a row for Ulong in this season where Steph changed on the revote.

Scratch and sniff

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-07-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Final vote"
But I do think that there is always a revote ... Jiffy gives them the opportunity to avoid the purple rock ...

05-07-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Final vote"
>Yeah, but one of the things
>Ian promised was that he
>would not write Katie's name
>down.

So if Ian sticks to this. And Katie and Tom are the F2. Then Ian will not write Katie's name down and he will vote for Tom to win!

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Final vote"
The fact that we believe Katie has a fighting chance is a testament to the savy editing of EPMB. MB has to put some doubt into the audiances mind, otherwise it wouldn't be as much fun.

I fell for this line of thinking during the Amazon season, hook line and sinker. I honestly believed that crazy Matt could have won.

DRONES

05-08-05, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Final vote"
Its more than just the editing. People make strange decisions when it is time to vote. Often, people that were close for the whole game turn on each other at the end and the loser is bitter. That is especially true for the last few boots. Unlike you, Amazon taught me that you never know what to expect at the final vote. I still can't believe Christy voted for her evil stepsister

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Final vote"
I am only going to bring up one thing. That is snewsers has warned those of us on the "snewserskickers" team that some of the information about the order to come is wrong. Could be he just wants to throw us off - could be that the Caryn, Jenn, Ian order is wrong - we will see. If you watched Stephs interview - on survivor live - she basically slipped and if Tom got to the final 2 she would vote for him. Coby and Janu will never vote for Katie so Tom already has 3 votes. The fact that Ian and Gregg were both seen with Tom in the parade tells me that they probably both voted for Tom as well - that would make 5. I'd say the fat lady is warming up her voice as we type.

05-09-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Final vote"
That is snewsers has warned those of us on the "snewserskickers" team that some of the information about the order to come is wrong.

Where and when did he do this? And what exactly did he say?

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Final vote"
"Where and when did he do this? And what exactly did he say?"

It's on the JTS page:

"Snewserkickers, led by S10 spoiling star Bianca, extends what appears to now be an insurmountable lead. atarus takes the week among individuals. The bronze medal may prove to be the most competitive spot with Corvis in striking distance of MBs_Maid. Beware of misinformation. It's now an incenstuous race to the bottom!"

http://www.survivornews.net/game/

05-09-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Final vote"
Mersaydeez source was seemingly mistaken about at least one thing:

Re: Just some spoilers...

Katie and Jen didn't get along with Stephenie.

We didn't see any evidence of this, other than Jenn being concerned that Stephenie was dangerous. There was no negativity between Katie and Stephenie, and Katie was willing to do the female alliance.

So I wonder if the source is mistaken about anything else. Or is the misinformation yet to come?

FWIW, Ian is spotlighted in the Eyemail this week. (And I would guess that if Caryn isn't going to be the boot this week, it would probably be Ian, at the hands of the women.)

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Final vote"
Hey BR,

"FWIW, Ian is spotlighted in the Eyemail this week. (And I would guess that if Caryn isn't going to be the boot this week, it would probably be Ian, at the hands of the women.)"

Yet, Caryn denies a secret deal... (and the four pictured are likely the f4).

Well, there are always things that are never shown. A good example from this season was Steph's injury on a finger. It was spoiled but never shown. (Anything to take away from Steph's hero status was edited out, or something like that.)

I would be really shocked if Caryn doesn't leave in the f5 spot. This was one of the first boot placements Mer spoiled. Now, Shadow Government at SS mentioned there could be a surprise on Sunday though... It'll be interesting to see how the editing goes down on Thursday.

forehead

05-09-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Final vote"
Just saying.

MargoChanning 14 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MargoChanning Click to send private message to MargoChanning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Final vote"
The typical "swing vote not committing to one side fast enough and therefore getting the boot" scenario? Caryn waffling between Tom/Ian and Katie/Jenn until they all just decide to be done with her?

pinay_racer 122 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinay_racer Click to send private message to pinay_racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Final vote"
i thought all awhile that caryn is super duper loyal to tom. so why risk it? after all, she was the main reason why the guys got hold of the planned female alliance when steph wasnt booted out yet.

this switching sides thing may ultimately cost her...

05-09-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Final vote"
>Mersaydeez source was seemingly mistaken about
>at least one thing:
>
>Re: Just some spoilers...
>
>Katie and Jen didn't get along
>with Stephenie.

>
>We didn't see any evidence of
>this, other than Jenn being
>concerned that Stephenie was dangerous.
> There was no
>negativity between Katie and Stephenie,
>and Katie was willing to
>do the female alliance.

Just because we didn't see it, doesn't mean that it wasn't true.

05-09-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Final vote"
The wording of the statement makes it sound like they just didn't get along in general. Not only did we not see that, we saw plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Katie's had no shortage of confessionals making catty remarks about people. If she really didn't get along with Stephenie I think we would have seen something about it, especially since Stephenie's precarious position at Koror was being emphasized. And Katie's comments when she voted out Stephenie didn't suggest any kind of animosity whatsoever.

So I really don't think in this case that there was some "incident" that we weren't shown.

05-09-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Final vote"
I'm siding with BR on this one. If Katie had anything bad to say about Stephenie, it would have been shown if only to make it appear Tom could be isolated in defending Stephenie and therefore even more vulnerable.
Also, why would not showing Stephenie being injured contribute to her hero status. The opposite would be true. Jeff quit after injuring himself while Steph soldiers on. CBS would have jumped at the chance. It must not have hapenned.

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Final vote"
Good, now i don't feel so completely brain damaged for having thought Matt had a genuine chance against Jenna.

05-11-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
45. "Interesting comment from Gregg"
From Survivor Live:

Gregg: There are different roles in this game. Katie gets a bad rap for sitting around and doing nothing. You're sitting around that camp for 6 or 7 hours a day. It gets boring. You're more valuable to me if you're entertaining and telling jokes all day than if you're gathering firewood. That's a key role that Katie plays that you don't see. She's hysterical.

So it's not out of the question that he would vote for Katie to win.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Interesting comment from Gregg"
I agree with you, BR, that if Katie is in F2 that Gregg will vote for her. I also think Jenn will.

But we do see that she rips Ian a new hole. If Ian is on the jury, I think that is enough to not vote for her.

If Tom is on the jury and Ian and Katie are F2, I see Tom voting for Ian more than Katie.

For the remaining jury members:

Janu: This is a fragile person. Her vote is going to go to the person who didn't make fun of her. Tom has been smart to hold his tongue. If he goes to the end, he gets Janu's vote. Ian did laugh when Janu dropped out of the challenge, but Katie was much worse, so Ian would get the vote over Katie

Steph: She respects the game of Survivor. Tom or Ian against Katie would mean a Tom or Ian vote.

Caryn: Remember early on in the game when Caryn went off on Katie. Well, even though Caryn has calmed down, I still think she doesn't like Katie. She would definitely vote for Tom or Ian.

Coby: Katie doesn't have fashion sense. Tom is hot. Ian is not Katie. Katie versus Ian = Ian. Tom versus anyone = Tom.

05-12-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Interesting comment from Gregg"
Even though Gregg was not upset about what happened to him, it would be the ideal thing for him to bring up at the Final TC. He could say, "we had a Final 5 alliance, but you both voted me out early. So I want each of you to explain why you broke the alliance, and tell me why I should vote for you to win."

Katie would probably come off looking better under the circumstances, since she only voted for him under duress to avoid the tie.

05-12-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Interesting comment from Gregg"
Just put these words together and you see they don't fit: Katie Sole Survivor?????
I know that some winners didn't fit the bill of being survivors (Vecepia, Jenna and Sandra come to mind) but each of them had managed to go in F2 against a weaker player (Neleh and Lilly) or someone that had made practically no bonds during his entire stay (Matt). Jenna had also impressed by her immunity run. Amber in All-Star is an exception going in F2 against a strong player but in All star Tom and Lex voted solely out of spite.
I don't think Gregg has demonstrated any bad feelings towards Tom in his interview or anywhere else. The St.Patrick pictures in NY also support that. I'm still convinced a Tom-Katie F2 results in a 5-2 vote for Tom (7-0 isn't out of the question, Jenn and Ian being the ones I'm unsure of) I repeat what I stated earlier, Katie could only possibly beat Caryn in F2 yet she'll be the one to push for a Caryn boot tonight.

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Interesting comment from Gregg"
The Way I see it.

Janu -I think she didn't particularly like Tom or Katie, but since she is close with Coby I think that she might vote for Tom.
Stephanie - I think she will vote Kati and surprise everyone, as she feels she was the strongest survivor she feels that Tom was leader and therefore could have stopped her from being voted off
Coby - Will vote for Tom
Gregg - Will vote for Katie
Jen - Will vote for Katie
Caryn - Will vote for Tom
So we are tied up

I think the deciding factor will be how Ian gets voted out. If I am not mistaken the one person who wins immunity gets to choose who goes when it gets down to the final three because the other two votes wash each other out. So pretty much you are throwing away this vote. If Tom wins immunity and I can't see Katie winning - Ian might be pissed about that and vote for Katie to win.

Ian will be the swing vore.

05-12-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Final vote"
After last night's episode, I am more convinced than ever that Katie can win a jury vote. AFter the last TC, Greg now knows that Katie was blindsided and that Tom was behind his ouster. Jenn also knows that.

Ian seems to be much closer to Katie than Tom. And that becomes even more true if Tom wins the lasy IC and picks Katie over Ian.

Tom made many promises to Caryn about her being part of his alliance and she will likely be angry when its time to make3 the vote.

That can given Katie the win

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Final vote"
Lets hope so. Its so much more exciting and fulfilling when an underdog wins. If Tom won I would puke puke puke. Why? Because he is exactly who SHOULD win, which would make it all very boring.

I think Gregg's vote for Katie is definately a possibility, and Jenn's vote for Katie gets more sure everytime I watch. Ian and Katie are obviously very close. That means she only needs one more vote - can she do it?

Lets hope so, otherwise this would be the most predictable series ever.

05-13-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Final vote"
From TES this morning, I get the impression that Caryn still respects Tom more than Katie. She said Katie and Jenn are not playing the game to win, and that you have to make a move at some point. She knew Katie couldn't be trusted to go through with the women's alliance.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Caryn on TES"
I agree, I think Caryn has more respect for Tom's gameplay over Katie.

CBC The Early Show http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/13/earlyshow/series/survivor/main695020.shtml

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Final vote"
Actually - IMHO - Gregg finding out that Tom/Ian were behind his ouster almost guarantees he votes for Tom if indeed the spoilers are right.

Gregg has mentioned several times that he did not think anyone was really "playing" the game. So basically - he was told they are playing a lot harder then he thought. He will respect that far more then a "follower" like Katie. Katie has had several opportunities to change the game and has not done so - IMO this is why she will lose no matter who she is up against.

05-13-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
57. "RE: Final vote"
If Ian just hands Katie his spot in the final 2 by quitting, as is being speculated, I can't imagine a single person voting for her -- except maybe Ian, depending on if he quits to benefit her, or if he just quits because he doesn't want to face the jury. Either way, she will be viewed as having no justification for being there, imo.

marebear79 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail marebear79 Click to send private message to marebear79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Final vote"
I would think also that Gregg, Ian, Coby, and Caryn (and probably Jenn also) would have a lot of respect for Tom's incredible challenge performances this season--he has definitely outplayed everyone there. Katie has been pretty useless at both team and individual challenges.

Anyone else wonder if Tom may pull a Colby after winning F3 IC and take Ian? I know, probably not, but they have been pretty close...

marebear79

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Final vote"
If Tom's win is predictable, then I like predictable. I sure hope its not close. Katie's drama queen antics and Ian manipulation are too much to take.

In my heart, I want to see Katie on the Jury. She will be so pissed she could emerge as the new Susan Hawkes. Not only could she refuse to spit on a thirsty tom, she could tell Ian how badly he humiliated, violated, litigated and medicated her.

05-13-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Final vote"
I still think Tom wins if he's in the final with Katie. Just imagine their final speeches. What has Katie done to deserve to be in the final? What did she win or contribute to the tribe compared to Tom? I could see someone voting for Katie over Tom if they really adored Katie. But most of the jury will feel rather blah towards her. So why not vote for the person that really played the game and helped Koror overtake Ulong? Tom will win and he deserves to.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Final vote"
I agree. Tom has the fortitude to acknowledge criticism of his actions but point out, tactfully, that he did it to advance in the game. For examply, Tom spoke so highly of Stephanie, and with sincerity, at the tribal council in which Janu quit, that Stephanie cannot have hard feelings toward Tom. Steph will vote for Tom because she can identify with the way he played the game, as can Gregg. I think Tom also has Janu's vote due to dislike of Katie. I am less certain about Coby, but I would bet on Tom being able to talk Coby into voting for Tom at final Tribal council. Ian is bonded to both and Caryn is angry at both, so I don't know how they would vote. Jenn may vote for Katie out of friendship, but Jenn is also somewhat competitive and may appreciate that quality in Tom. Ian seems a little less able to put aside guilt for friendship betrayed in the course of the game, and might have a harder time against Katie than Tom, but I can't see Tom losing to Katie.

Pookie13 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pookie13 Click to send private message to Pookie13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Final vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

The jurors won't always vote for the best player strategically. We've all seen the jurors who let their emotions get the best of them - being PO'd at the F2 for betraying them. And I can't help remembering Snewser's comment(s) some time ago that everyone in the end is right, but wrong, or something to that effect. Maybe that F2 will be Katie and Tom, but Katie wins. Just thinking out loud.

05-13-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Final vote"
I saw Caryn on Survivor Live this afternoon and from what she said there, it confirms that she'd never vote for Katie. When asked why she went to Tom when Stephenie proposed the women's alliance, it was because Katie said she wasn't sure and Jenn said she couldn't decide yet. She felt Katie was about to confide in Ian and Jenn would go to Gregg, ruining it for the women. That makes me think that Stephenie also would not vote Katie.
Caryn went on to describe Ian as a lost kid who's made too many promises and doesn't know how to keep them all. She says she felt Katie was overacting in her scene with Ian and did this so that he would owe her down the line. She goes on to mention that Katie isn't playing the game but just hoping that someone brings her along. She went on to say that it may well happen because Katie is someone you have to feel you can beat in final vote.
When talking about Tom she says he has incredible strength and smarts. Nothing to make me think she'd vote against him.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Final vote"
I can't imagine Katie getting enough votes to win out of this jury, but after Caryn let a family of skunks loose in the middle of Koror camp by going off on that little tirade at the last TC, there's just a little bit of doubt about how the rest of the game is going to proceed. I think we'll see some interesting little discussions among the final 4, and the final TC could be one of the better ones.

05-15-05, 08:08 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Final vote"
>but after Caryn let a family of skunks
>loose in the middle of Koror camp

Hey hey hey... my family is still right here in the skunk den with me, they didn't go loose with the rats and loozers over at Koror!

Scratch and sniff

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Final vote"
We already saw an example of Tom's incredible "don't boot me because......" speech, and how it went over with the few remaining survivors. I can't imagine what he could say at the final TC that will outtalk Katie's ability to BS everyone. As much as Katie is a useless lump of goo, Tom may just infuriate the jury by going on too long bout how he carried Koror, and why he's the only person who's worthy of the $$$

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "CNN.com pimping Tom"
From CNN:

Is 'Survivor' Tom Westman invincible?
Show has its conclusion Sunday
Friday, May 13, 2005 Posted: 3:57 PM EDT (1957 GMT)

Tom Westman gets a necklace from Jeff Probst after winning an immunity challenge -- a familiar position for the New York firefighter.

NEW YORK (AP) -- It's down to the final four on CBS' "Survivor: Palau," which concludes Sunday. If you ask the long-gone castaways who now make up the show's jury, it seems muscled, gray-haired New York firefighter Tom Westman has already hosed down his competition.

"Tom is your prototype for a hero," host Jeff Probst told The Associated Press at the beginning of the season.

"He seems so sincere," said Stephenie LaGrossa upon her outsing from the game. "He seems like he's looking out for your best interest. Really, he's just playing the game awesome. He's playing everyone."

Westman, 41, a Brooklyn firefighter and father of three, lives in Sayville, New York. He's made no secret of his prowess, winning three out of five individual immunity challenges and leading the Koror tribe to demolish the Ulongs in every immunity challenge -- a "Survivor" first. More so, Westman's strong alliances and strategic relationships have kept him from coming under fire. He hasn't received one vote against him.

"Tom positioned himself as leader when we were two tribes," said Caryn Groedel, the most recently eliminated contestant. "He kept his leader status when we were one tribe. He was just a good player."

"It all started back when we won the very first challenge and we were making a decision whether to go to a new island or stay with the old," said Janu Tornell, who quit the game but remains a jury member. "I remember saying, 'Let's go with the new.' But my voice wasn't heard. The voice that carried over (was Tom saying) 'We're going with the new, Jeff."'

In a game where over-the-radar power players are usually booted way before the finale, Westman is an anomaly. Gung-ho pilot Hunter Ellis was drowned out in episode three of the "Marquesas" season. Bulky strongman Rupert Boneham was sent off the plank during episode ten of "Pearl Islands."

"One reason I didn't target Tom is because I saw him as a buffer," said Gregg Carey, who was sent packing thanks to Westman. "I wanted to make my move at the very last moment. I knew I'd be susceptible once he was gone."

Westman and his allies Ian Rosenberger, Katie Gallagher and Groedel sent Carey home first. Most of the eliminated contestants speak sweetly of Westman, but there's at least one jury member who is not a Tom fan.

"Quite honestly, I find him bossy and dominating," said hairstylist Coby Archa, the first jury member. "Everyone followed him around like little rats and he was the big cheese. They were too weak to stick up for themselves."

Westman, Rosenberger, Gallagher and nanny Jennifer Lyon will duke it out as the final four contestants. Historically, whomever wins the last immunity challenge, typically a test of endurance, will choose the player to go up against as the seven-person jury decides who wins the $1 million prize. Viewers will have to tune in to the live finale Sunday to see if the hero really does win in the end.

WTF?? This is a first.

Granted, there is usually a story on CNN leading up to the Survivor finale, but I don't recall them ever shamelessly pimping one finalist. Ever.

Not only is CNN pimping one of the finalist, but they have quotes from all the jury members, which, again, is a first as far as pre-finale publicity is concerned. All of their comments, with the exception of Coby's, is favourable towards Tom.

Poor Ian, Katie and that other person, whatsisname, are mentioned only as being in the finals with Tom.

The world is my litterbox.

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-15-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: CNN.com pimping Tom"
I did a search on the CBS Newspath , I don't think it adds much but thought it was interesting .
Information:
Various shots from Episode 1 "Survivor: Palau," Feb. 17, 2005. Finale is a
two-hour show on Sunday evening on CBS.

It's down to the final four on CBS' ``Survivor: Palau,'' which concludes
Sunday.

If you ask the long-gone castaways who now make up the show's jury, it seems
muscled, gray-haired New York firefighter Tom Westman has already hosed his
competition.

Host Jeff Probst told The Associated Press that ``Tom is your prototype for a
hero.''

Westman is a Brooklyn firefighter and father of three, who lives in Sayville,
Long Island.

~puddin~

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-15-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "Snewsers Pick "

Snewser/SNN
May 15 14 The Ultimate Shock Final two:
Katie and Tom
Tom wins

~puddin~

05-16-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Final vote"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

>
>But if Katie can get Caryn's
>vote (although not likely, still
>possible depending how pissed off
>she is next week when
>Tom votes her out) or
>Stephanie's vote (they seemed to
>be somewhat friendly when trying
>to develop an all girl
>strategy and she might also
>be pissed off at Tom
>for not doing more for
>her), I think Katie now
>has a fighting chanceto win
>the million dollars.

Or I might be completely wrong and Katie couldn't get a majority of the jury to vote for her even if Coby votes for her

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •