The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-21-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Am I the only one watching it? I think this show is adorable!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Schnookie Palookie 07-21-03 1
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? okdebi 07-22-03 9
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Schnookie Palookie 07-22-03 10
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Abbynoxious 08-01-03 24
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? KScott 07-21-03 2
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? wildchickenhunter 07-25-03 15
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? KScott 07-29-03 18
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? okdebi 07-21-03 3
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Ahtumbreez 07-22-03 4
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? KScott 07-22-03 5
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Schnookie Palookie 07-22-03 6
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? AZ_Leo 07-22-03 7
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Schnookie Palookie 07-22-03 8
           RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? okdebi 07-22-03 12
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? BriarRosie 07-22-03 11
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Ahtumbreez 07-22-03 13
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Wacko Jacko 07-25-03 14
           RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? swtcind 07-28-03 16
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? DoodleBug 07-29-03 17
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? swtcind 07-29-03 19
       Cynthia Wacko Jacko 07-29-03 20
           RE: Cynthia swtcind 07-29-03 21
               RE: Cynthia LeftPinky 07-29-03 22
                   RE: Cynthia okdebi 07-29-03 23
                       RE: Cynthia Abbynoxious 08-01-03 25
                           RE: Cynthia Abbynoxious 08-01-03 26
                               RE: Cynthia swtcind 08-01-03 27
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? CantStandToLook 08-01-03 28
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? swtcind 08-01-03 29
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? kelley72 08-05-03 30
 On last night's episode 08/04/03 Majic Mitch 08-05-03 31
   RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... Wacko Jacko 08-05-03 32
       RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... swtcind 08-05-03 33
       RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... DoodleBug 08-06-03 41
   RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... okdebi 08-05-03 34
       RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... swtcind 08-05-03 35
           RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... kelley72 08-05-03 36
               RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... okdebi 08-05-03 37
                   RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... swtcind 08-06-03 38
                       RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... kelley72 08-06-03 39
                           RE: On last night's episode 08/04/0... swtcind 08-06-03 40
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Loree 08-06-03 42
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? swtcind 08-06-03 43
       On a Hunch, Did a Search on the You... infoman 08-08-03 44
 August 11th ep Loree 08-12-03 45
   RE: August 11th ep okdebi 08-12-03 46
       RE: August 11th ep infoman 08-12-03 47
           RE: August 11th ep Majic Mitch 08-12-03 48
               Your opinions Wacko Jacko 08-12-03 49
                   RE: Your opinions swtcind 08-12-03 50
                       RE: Your opinions Loree 08-12-03 51
                           RE: Your opinions infoman 08-12-03 52
   RE: August 11th ep trigirl 08-13-03 54
 Refusal To Sign The Pre-Nup Pamselfish 08-13-03 53
   Pre-Nup trigirl 08-13-03 55
   RE: Refusal To Sign The Pre-Nup fireworks 08-13-03 56
       RE: Refusal To Sign The Pre-Nup trigirl 08-13-03 57
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? theking0075 08-14-03 58
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? fireworks 08-15-03 59
   RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Guppin1234 08-17-03 60
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Wacko Jacko 08-18-03 61
           RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? Guppin1234 08-18-03 62
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? bole 08-21-03 63
 Reunion Show Guppin1234 09-02-03 64
   Who Wants to Marry My Mom? theking0075 09-02-03 65
       RE: Who Wants to Marry My Mom? Guppin1234 09-02-03 66
           AND THEY CALL IT QUITS! Guppin1234 10-08-03 67
               Where are they now? trigirl 03-24-04 68
 RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad? strwbab 07-22-04 69

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I watched the first episode to see what everyone looked like. Gorgeous house. I thought it was pretty funny that the ladies have to sleep in one room together and share one bathroom. The father looks pretty good.

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-22-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I think they may get rid of the beauty queen next week since the dad looks so pissed in the previews LOL. He is definitely in lust with her ...well, she looks damn good...and knows how to play him. Good thing the kids see through her but I think he is going to be pretty angry when she goes!

Debi

07-22-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I hope so. Anyway, he'll be over her in two seconds once he gets in the pool with one of the other ladies

Abbynoxious 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-01-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Abbynoxious Click to send private message to Abbynoxious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Did you see her without her makeup???????? I think she looks like the Extreme Makeover gone wrong!!!! Too much surgery!!!

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-21-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I am watching, I think the dad is HOT!! Would like to rub suntan lotion on his head!!!

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Would like to rub suntan lotion on his head!!!
Hey, Lets try to keep this PG13.

07-29-03, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
*giggle*

07-21-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I'm watching it too...I was all set to dislike this family but find myself thinking the kids are great!!

Anyone have a favorite lady yet? I did like Christy the beauty queen but this week I think she had her game face on and is all about winning the game. I'm not sure who I like right now!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-03, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I admit, I'm watching. I too, liked Christy but after last night I'm not too sure. There's something stalkerish about the chick whose bangs are way too short, she fell way too easily. Glad Joanna is gone though.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

07-22-03, 09:04 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I started off liking Christy too but after last night not too sure about her. I think the kids really like Christina, she seems nice enough. I don't really like the short bangs lady and I think it is just because of her bangs. Anyway I do like the kids, they are pretty funny. LOL when they were watching dad kissing.

07-22-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Ok, I watched it last night. Not bad. The kids are cute (LOL at them freaking out over their dad kissing some ladies). The dad is pretty good looking. I don't like the lady with the bangs either. Too severe looking. I like Christina (I think that's her name). Definitely don't like the beauty queen.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-22-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
(LOL at them freaking out over their dad kissing some ladies)

What was up with that? Didn't it occur to any of them that if their dad marries one of these women kissing (and a lot more) would likely happen?

07-22-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I'd be like them if I had to watch my mom kissing a guy ... and she's 75 yrs old LOL

*parents don't kiss or have sex*

07-22-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
How true...I'm with you and my mom is around the same age!! I think no matter how OLD you are, you still have the same reaction as the "kids" on the show. EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Debi

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-22-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
The show is semi-funny. My favorite person is the Lie Detector Man. How funny was he when he popped his head out of the ice cream truck?

Anyway, I knew that Christy was phony. The kids even noticed that she only talked to the sons, not really the daughters.
The clincher was that she was lobbying Dad not to get rid of
her, not realizing he had no say in it. Now that she knows,
the kids were laying odds that she'd be REALLY NICE to them from now on. I give the kids credit for seeing through her!

I thought Christina was the best. The kids saw right away that she was classy, and she was. Kathy is ok, but she went in for the kiss. Don't lie and say, "He kissed ME!" LOL!

I wish Lori had chemistry with Don, only because well....she's my namesake and I'd want "me" to win! (I realize that it ain't gonna happen!)

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I saw the family on Today yesterday morning. Seems they were "found" when the older sister forced the younger sister down to the Bachelor/Bachelorette auditions and they struck up a friendship with one of the producers. Man, it really has turned into a circuit. Can you say "in-breeding".

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-03, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Hi:

The NBC website for this show is very poor.

Any lowdown on any of the contestants who are after Dad.

Looking for their fullnames, where they are from and what they do for a living. In particular the woman who almost got eliminated last week. She looks familiar and I heard that she also lives in my area.

swtcind 29 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail swtcind Click to send private message to swtcind Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
This is a cute show, Kids are great, not really turned on by dad but that is only my opinion, he seems nice enough but I don't think I would be physically attracted to him, but then again I am not on the show!
I think the "beauty queen" is out for fame and money. She was on one of the entertainment shows bragging about how she beat Halle Berry, well we all know why that was!
Anyway, not sure who I want them to pick.. I'll decide tonight!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
raises hand in the air

I watch too. I think this show is SO cute. I'm not sure who I want the Dad to end up with though. Christina, maybe? I'm just not sure. I'm not sold on Cynthia and he looked SO uncomfortable with her last night. I don't like Christy though. I thought Lori had promise... oh well.

The Bad News Banners... ouch! The girl that eliminated herself. I was so impressed by that. You gotta go after what you want, and she obviously knows what she wants. The money issue... big deal. It's all about attraction and companionship, IMO. And they went easy on Christy! Big deal if she doesn't cook... what's so bad about that?

Why cook when there's Betty Crocker?

07-29-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail swtcind Click to send private message to swtcind Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
It's too bad about Lori. I like Cynthia, I think with time he could fall for her. Thats the way things should be anyway. It's just a physical attraction with Ms. beauty queen. You can tell she is only in it for the "game". She has an attitude and she thinks she is better than the rest of them. She seems demanding as well. I think Cyn is his best bet. She's cute, exotic looking and sweet from the heart!

07-29-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Cynthia"
Come on, no one including the kids is sure about Cynthia. She's been put up for 'eviction' the last two times. If the kids really liked her they would not of done that.

Also 'Dad' isn't all into Cynthia. He asked his kids to get rid of her. Even if he said after the ackward kiss that he is starting to like her you can tell he don't. It's all editing.

To me, actions speak louder than words.

Also, how dare the kids go against their dad get rid of Lori against their dads wishes? It's his life not theirs and he it's obvisious he is not attracted to Cynthia. The kids gotta be less selfish. Really think it was his daughters pick. The boys seemed like they liked Lori.

Could they come up with a final three with more similar names? I am getting confused.

If the kids get rid of the beauty queen over Cynthia next week Dad is really gonna be pissed.

07-29-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Cynthia"
Well, dad did agree. I think if he gets to know Cynthia, he may begin to like her, that was what I was saying. This "beauty queen" is only going to hurt dad.
Let's be realistic, she probably could have conned .. i mean gotten any man she wanted, but she wants to be a star! She has already been on extra or ET , and was bragging she beat Halle Berry, and that is only because she is white, that is obvious, look at Halle and look at this loser. Fake boobs (can I say that her?) A nip here and a tuck there, and only early 30's, way too young and clever (manipulating) for dad.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-29-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Cynthia"
I think the final two will be Christy and Christena. The kids will eliminate Cynthia next week (placating dad). Obviously, they will then pick Christena (they completely see through Christy - she's a @#$%#). I was disappointed that Lori got the boot - I think she and dad could have had a big spark.

07-29-03, 06:56 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Cynthia"
I agree with you about Lori and dad. Oh well!! Cynthia does need to go...its like the dad said, its a nice place to visit but they are too different from each other. You can just see it. I mean, there has to be some common interests to get along.

I'm actually starting to feel a bit better about Christy again. Hell, sure she's competing...it IS a competition!! I'm not sure if she is in her early 30s, I thought I remembered her saying she was in her 40s. Also, dad is only 47...he is not "ancient".
I'm not sure who I want to win but I don't think him and Cynthia would last. I really am not sure about Christy and did blast her last week but am now having second thoughts.

Debi

08-01-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Abbynoxious Click to send private message to Abbynoxious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Cynthia"

Here is her Miss USA pic. What happened to her? Age surely wouldn't have made her ugly, I wonder why all the plastic surgery. It makes her look freakish.

08-01-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Cynthia"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-03 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

Here, I should have put both of these on the same message.

08-01-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Cynthia"
Christy also acts like she knows dad. Another fake?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I'll probably be voted out of the boys club for this...but I watch the show too. I think it's pretty interesting but I always wonder about finding true love on any reality show. I must say though that I like Cynthia cause she does come across as very sincere.

I do have to ask this question about the kids though.....they dont all necessarily look related. The boys definitely look like brothers but the sisters..I just dont know. Anyone else feel the same?

08-01-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Maybe 2 or 3 others didnt want to stay married to dad... different moms probably

kelley72 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-05-03, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelley72 Click to send private message to kelley72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I have to say at first I wanted Cynthia to be eliminated first. She definitely wasn't attractive and dad wasn't attracted to her. I was disappointed that they eliminated Lori instead. Although I was a little upset when the finally did eliminiate Cynthia (because she did truly love dad)... I am glad that Christy got to stay. I didn't really like her at first.. I thought she was in it for the money. But after the past few episodes I believe she really loves dad. It made me mad tonight when the kids judged her for answering the lie detector question truthfully (would you marry my dad if he gained 50 lbs)? And she said NO. DUH? Do you think dad would still be interested in Christy if she gained 50 lbs???

Lets put dad on the lie detector before they actually tie the knot!

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-05-03, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "On last night's episode 08/04/03"
I don't really care for these relationship reality shows, but I've really like the way this one has played out. Last night's dismissal of Cynthia was heart wrenching. I think that the tears were genuine. I think Dad's kids really were attached to Cynthia. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

08-05-03, 09:31 AM (EST)
32. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
Interesting how they edited out Christy telling one of the boys that her son takes out her garbage. IT was used in all the commericals.

They are editing this show to make the obvisious not so obvisious. Christy will win - no question in my mind.

It all comes down to who dad wants and dad wants Ms. USA.

08-05-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
33. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
Dad may want Christie and she may want him (and his money) but she's got kids that haven't even met him, she's been divorced and he has no idea why... the kids should have went with thier gut, not what dad thinks he wants, he is hot in the pants and wants what he thinks is the prettiest one. The prettiest one to me was Cynthia, she was genuine, she was honest and she would have loved dad, she didn't lie once last night Her beauty came from the inside out, not from plastic surgery and fake boobs. If was it was "who wants to sleep with my dad" I would say Christie hands down, but I really think they blew it because outer beauty doesn't last forever.
I agree they should indeed both take the lie detector test.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
the comment about her son's taking out the garbage at her house WAS in the show, not just the commercials.

Cynthia's exit was the most heart-wrenching thing I have ever seen. Wow! I hope the other two women wake up and see what a hold Cynthia had on his kids....

Jus' Sayin'

08-05-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
34. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
I agree about the tears being genuine. The kids really did love Cynthia, and like someone said, if this were "Who wants to marry my kids" then Cynthia should've won hands down.

I am SO glad that the kids were "big" enough to listen to their dad when he told them that the attraction just wasn't there for Cynthia. It would have been terrible had they kept her after he basically told them that there wasn't. As soon as Christie responded that she was falling for the dad and passed on the lie detector test...that should have been all the kids needed to make up their minds. Whether she wouldn't marry him if he gained 50 pounds or not (there was a good point made earlier that he probably wouldn't marry HER) is secondary to the fact that she actually IS falling in love with him...which was the most important question since he likes her so much. At least she's not just a golddigger or competitor who doesn't even like him! That confirmed and the fact that he wants her to stay, to boot her would've have been a horrible decision.

08-05-03, 01:21 PM (EST)
35. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
You make some good points, but dad did say early on in the show Cynthia could be the one. I just think it's a physical attraction on dads part for Christie. I just don't think it's a match for life, just for the sack. Maybe Christine should win and there might be some happiness.

08-05-03, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelley72 Click to send private message to kelley72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
They didn't edit out the part where Christy told the son that her boys take out the garbage. BUT... unlike the commercial (it showed concern on Christy's face when the son replied "this is not your house")... when actually on the show they both laughed about it after he said it. She actually had the concerned face when she found out she was one of the 2 to take out the trash. I agree it would not have been a good idea for dad to be with Cynthia when he said he wasn't attracted to her. And I don't think that it is really a "match for the sack" for dad and Christy... I just feel like they are really comfortable with each other and enjoy each other's company. Cynthia seemed a little on edge when with dad sometimes. However, I did thought they sparked something when in the romantic boat ride. I guess dad didn't though?? I think Christene should have been eliminated. And maybe its just me.... but hasn't she appeared on another reality show before?? I was thinking the first season of For Love Or Money? She looks very familiar.

On the part of Christene... I just didn't see the sparks when they were on their date. She seemed a little uncomfortable and "grasping" for conversation at times. She needs to take the lie detector....

08-05-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
37. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
I agree about not seeing the chemistry with Christene. She seems uncomfortable to me also and their time together seems strained. Maybe we're not seeing it, and the show is edited to make it seem like there is none...I'm not sure.

08-06-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
38. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
I'm not understanding how dad can say "after that kiss, Cynthia could be the one" then he says he is not attracted to her. They must edit a LOT. Yes I remember the look after the trash thing on the commercial. Christy might be ok, but she doesn't seem to care much for the kids and blood is thicker than water, I really do think its just a physical attraction and if they do a follow up they won't be together, I would put money on that one.

08-06-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
39. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
I am not quite sure how dad could say that either after he said she could be the one. I think he might be trying to throw off the audience until the next episode or something. I am not sure about the outcome if Christy is the winner. You are probably right... it may last a while... but forever, no. However, since it is only Christy and Christene left... I hope Christy wins. But I also think that the producers WANT us to think that... and will probably throw a curve ball somewhere. I think the viewers should get to vote who he marrys..... that would be more interesting.

08-06-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
40. "RE: On last night's episode 08/04/03"
Well I figure this way, if dad is so into the looks, then he gets what he deserves, if this thing is real.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-03, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I want to know if that is really their house. On that other show "Meet the Folks" or whatever it's called they never use the real house of the family. They always use a big beautiful home so they have lots of room for cameras and they have hot tubs and pools. So since this is by the same people I don't expect that is the family house. So just how wealthy is this man? Would the women still be so interested in Dad if he isn't rich?

08-06-03, 08:53 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Hey.. decent twist!!!!!!!!! I like it.

infoman 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-03, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail infoman Click to send private message to infoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "On a Hunch, Did a Search on the Youngest Daughter..."
....Heidi...yes, innocence, young, etc. - it turns out that she's a professional model !!!

Check this link...

http://www.nvmodels.com/heidim.htm

Infoman

08-12-03, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "August 11th ep"
Okay they ended this show. Tried to trick us with the ending. I'm sure Christena will be impressed when she sees Don wanted one last kiss from Christy after she was dumped. Glad Christy told him NO. And does the blonde daughter always cry? She seemed to be sniffling through the whole series.

08-12-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
46. "RE: August 11th ep"
OMG! Funny how one comment can make you lose all respect for one person and gain respect for the other. What a cad!! I can't believe he said that to Christy but good for her, huh? She didn't even say it nasty (as I would have!!) and she left with her dignity. Odds are, Don is doing some double talking to Christena tonight.

08-12-03, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail infoman Click to send private message to infoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: August 11th ep"
NBC has a bad habit of making people think one thing on any of their reality tv shows - like tonight, they kept focusing on Christy. Because of that, I KNEW that Christina was going to be the one chosen. With NBC, it's ALWAYS the person or thing that they try to make you think doesn't have a chance.

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-12-03, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: August 11th ep"
They messed up in the previews though. They showed Christy hugging the kids goodbye, I knew Christena was going to win.

I can't believe it when dad was like "Can I have one more kiss, before you go?". OMG, that was just a little crappy don't you think? I think he made a complete ass out of himself. So blatant, it came off as "You lose, can I feel you up one more time?".

08-12-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
49. "Your opinions"
Did the kids make the right choice?

I don't think they did. Dad wanted Christy, if the asking for the kiss wasn't the final straw.

He obvisiously had the best chemistry with Christy. He also felt the most attracted to her. He also said that he felt he would miss Christy more. If it were my dad I would make the decision that dad wanted not what i wanted.

It won't last and I bet Dad tries contacting Christy and working it out on this own after he misses her.

08-12-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Your opinions"
You know, I wasn't for Christy until last night. They would make a perfect couple! A horny old man and a #####! I was glad when they said to Christy "We didn't pick you" but she left so bitchy!
Most women who were in "love" ie: Cynthia, would have been sad, maybe even shed a fake tear.
After that "Can I kiss you one more time" I just comfirmed what I said about what dad wanted. SEX, not sure he would have lasted with anyone of them. 13 years??? I hope Christina doesn't get hurt and I truly hope NBC doesn't do "Who wants to marry Chisty"

08-12-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Your opinions"
Oh No! I wonder how old Christy's kids are? They will probably be notified next to pick the man for mom to marry. LOL!

08-12-03, 07:49 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Your opinions"
In true NBC fashion, get ready for "Will You Marry My Mom" - starring Christy. You can count on it.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-13-03, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: August 11th ep"
I cried. I'm a sucker.

I thought it was a little much that Dad asked Christy for a kiss, but I thought maybe it was a goodbye kiss. She should have given him a little peck...she said 'No' so emphatically she sounded bitter.

Regarding previews...as soon as I saw Christy in the white dress I knew. Could have sworn I saw Dad proposing to the woman in black in the commercials, which turned out to be Christena.

Did you read the small print at the end of the finale. No it is not their house. The winner can take a 'separate trip'. No Darva and Rick honeymoon for Christena. Opening scene with the women was dramatized. Contestants may 'consult' with producers in their decision making.

Does anyone know what happens next? Will it be a happily ever after? I have like Christena since the day in the hammock.

I will bet dollars to donuts that Christy gets her own show. The problem is that they alluded her three boys are young. I think they'll be too young to pick a 'daddy' but perhaps a new angle. "Who Wants to Marry My Cousin Twice-Removed, the Aging Beauty Queen?".

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Refusal To Sign The Pre-Nup"
It was clear to me when Christie refused to sign the pre-nup and Chirstena agreed to it, what the choice would be. If the kids were truely waivering before this point, the refusal sealed the deal for Christena. Especially, since the kids never discussed the fact on camera after the lie dectector test. There was nothing to be said in Christie's favor justifying her refusal. Let's face it - this is the kid's potential inheritance we are talking about.

08-13-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Pre-Nup"
I wondered about that too. They didn't discuss it, which was telling. I just assumed that a pre-nup would be one of the things contestants would be aware of before going in.

fireworks 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fireworks Click to send private message to fireworks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Refusal To Sign The Pre-Nup"
Not only did the lack of signing a prenup do Christie in, but a show or two back she said if Don gained 40 to 50 pounds that she would not marry him! lol The blonde daughter said it best after one of her brothers said how their dad has alot of fun with Christie. She got pissy and stated, "I didn't marry my husband just because he was alot of fun." lol Also, the brunnette daughter touched base on a great topic when she asked her dad who would he tell her to choose if the roles were reversed and she was looking for a husband. The dad was smart enough to realize that Christie would have been nothing more than a "show piece" and he was assuming by her looks and body that she would be a good lay in bed, but they wouldn't be compatible enough in general for the long haul.

08-13-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Refusal To Sign The Pre-Nup"
I agree that when Heidi turned the tables on him and asked who he would advise her to marry...a hottie or a companion, Dad realized who was better for him. He even admitted at the end, the kids had given him a tase of his own medicine.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-14-03, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Where did Christy Go? Christy! Christy! Christy! I loved Christy! I'll Marry you Christy! Christy!

fireworks 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fireworks Click to send private message to fireworks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Christy is already off trying to find some other "rich" sucker she can con into marrying her without having her sign a prenup. Either that or she's already resting from filming another reality tv show wherein she is the "prize".

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-03, 03:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
Makes you wonder what's going on that she's still single. She's this god-like amazon woman from another planet, totally gorgeous, mild mannered. Personally, I think she's better off without that guy. He seemed too eager to revel in the dismay of their secrets, had a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and came across as phoney. I was quite happy when she refused his kiss at the end -- go girl!

08-18-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
61. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
She made the right decision not to kiss him. If he is supposed to marry the other girl he is a creep for even asking for a kiss.

yeah, I know his kids made the pick but tow things about that. He agreed to having his kids make the pick so it was really his choice too. He could've also told his kids he really wanted Christy and they would of picked her so I don't blame Christy one bit. Too put this back on her is terrible.

08-18-03, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
The one they picked didn't seem exactly giddy with joy, she looked at him and took her sweet time accepting his proposal. Strange situation. The mind set of a mature man who has raised all those kids is completely different than those of the kids. They have no idea of what they are doing -- no life experience --totally unqualified. What were they thinking? Nash is probably just glomming off the lives of his friends and making them into reality shows. Truman Capote wrote about his friends, and he didn't think he'd get caught either.... wrong again.

bole 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bole Click to send private message to bole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I think the show is disgusting and an embarassment for America. How low can you stoop to try and find a new mom. I give them 3 months until a divorce. I hope he signs a pre-nup.

09-02-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
64. "Reunion Show"
I guess her kids weren't good enough for the network to keep on the set. I think with all that competition, her kids are going to be like second-class citizens in that family. I feel sorry for her kids.

Did you see the smirk on his face when Christina talked about how inappropriate it was for her to kiss him goodbye? I wanted to slap it right off his face.

I hope she comes to her senses and spares her kids the agony of having a step-father like that, even his own kids seem fearful of him. She's being completely selfish. Dr. Laura would have a field day with these shows.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-02-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "Who Wants to Marry My Mom?"
I think the next show should have Christy's kids picking her a husband!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

09-02-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Mom?"
Great idea as long as NBC doesn't screw it up.

10-08-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
67. "AND THEY CALL IT QUITS!"
How predictable, and then he says he really only did the show to have adult time with his kids? putting all those women through all that CR*P.

Actually, I'm glad for the lady who won (I get confused Cristy or Christina?) it's better for her AND her kids. I think that guy has a dark/hot side to his personality. Blechk!

03-24-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
68. "Where are they now?"
"AND THEY CALL IT QUITS!"

Does this mean that it didn't last? I was wondering if anyone knew what happened after the show?

strwbab 6 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strwbab Click to send private message to strwbab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Who Wants to Marry My Dad?"
I think show is adorable also, I would not want to be the child that has to do the eleminating, that has to be one of the hardest things to do. I am waiting with bated breathe to see who the girls finally pick for there father this week. All bets are off now. GOOD LUCK LADIES !!!!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •