The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-05-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
...how many people, if any, have been fired from the Survivor crew or from any other company associated with Survivor for leaking information that eventually wound up on spoiler sites such as this one? And of all the Survivors so far, which is generally considered to have been the "leakiest" in terms of accurate information?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... packrat 05-05-05 1
   RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... seahorse 05-05-05 2
       RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... Round Robin 05-05-05 4
 RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... smokedog 05-05-05 3
   RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... Round Robin 05-05-05 5
       Plausible deniability? laniking 05-06-05 6
           RE: Plausible deniability? Chez 05-12-05 14
 To broaden the question mrc 05-06-05 7
   RE: To broaden the question laniking 05-06-05 8
   RE: To broaden the question laniking 05-06-05 9
       RE: To broaden the question Round Robin 05-11-05 10
 RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... westgirl98 05-11-05 11
   RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... frankz 05-12-05 12
       RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... Brownroach 05-12-05 13
           RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... frankz 05-12-05 15
               RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... Brownroach 05-12-05 16
                   RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... frankz 05-12-05 17
                       RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... Brownroach 05-12-05 18
                           RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody... frankz 05-12-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I would think it would be pretty stupid of a crew member to leak info, as they could not only jeopardize their job, but also careers for life. Not only would they subject themselves to lawsuits by CBS, but they would be blacklisted for life in the job market. I'm sure they have to sign the same confidentiality contracts the Survivors do, and it may even be more severe than the Survivors.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-05, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I agree, they would be threatening their livelyhood if anyone found out they leaked information, but that does not mean that it has not happened.

05-05-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I don't think they'd jeopardize their careers for jobs that don't require keeping secrets, and I doubt EPMB would risk pissing off the guy's friends on the crew by doing anything worse than firing somebody unless he had the guy dead to rights with inarguable proof. At any rate, there always seems to be a lot of accurate information out there, there are always spoilers out there with information that is pretty accurate or close thereto (Mersaydeez, ChillOne, etc.), there are always people with insider info such as Snewser has, and there have been reports of firings for such sins as placing Survivor bets with internet gambling sites. All this inside info has to be coming from somewhere, and as accurate as a lot of it has been, there have to be a few insiders spilling the beans. I wondered if anybody had ever been busted and I just hadn't read it anywhere. I'm sure those in the know have to sign the secrecy contracts, but there's so much good info out there, they can't ALL be obeying them.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-05-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I would say this season has been the leakiest and Amazon 2nd.

05-05-05, 11:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
This season has definitely been exceptionally well spoiled, but it seems as if ALL the seasons since at least Amazon have been well spoiled. How the hell does all this info get out? Are that many people violating the secrecy contracts, are not enough people being required to sign them, or what? Some people have to be revealing stuff they're not supposed to, and some of them have to be pretty close to the production process. How's all this stuff getting out without people getting in dutch with EPMB?

laniking 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail laniking Click to send private message to laniking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Plausible deniability? "
Perhaps it is an elaborate planned leaking to help keep ratings up when most shows peak at around 4-5 seasons and then decline. The spoiling seems to be making it continue to peak instead because we think we are really doing something when we find info that appears to be clandesdine. And we being the kind of creatures we are, want desparately to believe we have insider info that has been wrenched from the hands of MB without his approval. -lani king

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-12-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Plausible deniability? "
I like this thought process.

Reminds me of the Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov. It was all based on this kind of interwoven motivation, fooling people with convoluted webs within webs.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "To broaden the question"
1. Who are the major spoilers on this and other sites? Are they members of the crew, relatives, etc.? How do they get their info?

2. Does EPMB influence/manipulate these spoilers?

A Nefarious Dice Creation
This has probably been discussed many times here, but a general description of the above questions might be helpful.

05-06-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail laniking Click to send private message to laniking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: To broaden the question"
...yes.

05-06-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
9. "RE: To broaden the question"
further..... IF these spoilers were being leaked out WITHOUT MB's permission or oversite, then they would have been much more revealing... such as the F2 list; the winners of all rewards; and immunities. And all this info would be available much sooner in the season.

People love to tell what they know especially if they think it is something other people dont know and want to know. It is perceived as power. People like this have little if any self restraint and would basically be incapable of measuring out the info the way we currently get the spoilers.

I say this is definately a planned and structured release of info. I believe completely that MB is behind it in some way, however limited hands-on it may be.

And hey, it works. No matter how much we ##### and moan about how boring the season is, how much we hate this player or that player, we are watching because it is a puzzle now. We get a few of the pieces before the show and are given the rest during the show. We get to see if we placed the pieces we have in the right place. -lani king

05-11-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: To broaden the question"
But if these spoilers are planned releases by EPMB, why are they so revealing this year? Why would he let out such a huge amount of accurate information? I mean, Mersaydeez has been damn near stone cold accurate with her spoilers, and spoiling this season has been no challenge at all for the experts here and at other sites. I know that EPMB has been known to intentionally release information before, some true and some bull$hit, but I find it hard to believe that he would allow a season to be this well spoiled. What's he gonna pull next, release nothing but bull$hit next season and totally blow us all out of the water?

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I agree these people certainly would not risk their reputation, but some leaks could come from family, friends, even if you watch the editing, its possible to pick up on some things. My son auditioned for the real world and we were told if he made it we would all have to sign statements so I am sure its the same with survivor.This season has been somewhat easy as far as the bootee but not that easy on the reward and Immunity, I have been wrong a few times myself!!

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I speculate that many of the leaks come from loose-lipped friends and family members. They’re so excited about their 15 minutes of brushing up against fame that they say inadvertent things. Sure, they don’t know much, just a little piece of the puzzle but they’re more than eager to share it. Grandpa Cedric didn’t sign a release (I mean they can’t have every family member or friend sign a release) and he knows Fred lost 38 pounds and came back with thousands of bug bite scars, so naturally he shares this information with the guys at the barber shop and anyone who can’t get away from him fast enough. And Sally’s parents had to go on an unplanned trip while she was a contestant on Survivor. And these little pieces add up.
Obviously Snewser has inside info, maybe he collects all those little pieces through a web of contacts at small town newspapers, etc.; maybe he has access to preview tapes released prior to the airing, or maybe he has a direct contact at or associated with SeeBS.

But think about it. If the latter, what would that person have to gain by leaking this information to an internet spoiler site? Wealth, fame and fortune, uh, no. As Packrat suggested, they have too much to lose and really nothing to gain. If you were bent on taking that risk, better to try and at least make money, bet and win. If you get caught and fired at least you got something out of it.

I also agree that MB purposely leaks info but to a very small extent. He learned from S1 that there is an internet spoiler community, albeit a miniscule percentage of the viewers, but nonetheless vocal. I really don’t think he knew about us prior to the airing of S1. If you’ll remember S1, the first 4 or 5 episodes were absolutely full of “spoilers”, the opening credits, promos, etc. They showed scenes in EP2 that were from EP6 or whatever and we were able to figure out who was missing (the beach scene comes to mind). But MB had no idea that there were computer geeks out there who would freeze every damned frame of an episode and analyze it for hours with their other computer geek friends on internet sites.

But by Eps 4-6 he did realize and started throwing out false herrings (Gervase, people cut out of group pictures, etc). You remember don’t you? (Someone out there has to be as nuts as me to have done this since S1E1) And we bought it because we had gotten awfully confident. In my opinion S1 was the most fun because it was new and we really could figure things out. In subsequent seasons he got more sophisticated and we did too. But what he leaks is very minor and it is geared not necessarily to us, but the press who jumped on the spoiler bandwagon after hearing about us (we were fist, after all). They are tidbits that generate buzzes and draw viewers. That is what he is in business to do, not play cat and mouse with internet spoiler sites.

Yet, this season is probably the most spoiled by insider info. The sources that Snewser and others have are certainly not official MB approved leaks. Why would he care that we know what’s going to happen? There’s no extra money to be made by that (the crux of the biscuit,.you know). Their leakers are people associated with the show who do it for the sense of power or perhaps for monetary considerations. And they’re careful what they tell and when they tell it, so as not to reveal who they are by revealing too early what they know. Notice that Snewser doesn’t post until after 2 on Thurs. My guess is that by then there are 1000’s of people who could legitimately know the result before airing as opposed to the 100 or so who knew 3 weeks ago. Anonymity, hide in the crowd.
And then we have people who stubble across things in certain seasons, however it may be (Uncle Camerman, etc. Ok that was a joke). In this case, Mersaydeez. Through a quirk, they learn things about an entire season and share it with us geeks. Who was that lady in the earlier seasons who was traveling and stumbled across Survivor taping? And talked to hotel workers, taxi drivers etc? She had that season down too. Sometimes we get lucky but I firmly believe MB has nothing to do with it.
Oh and sorry, in answer to the original question, I don’t know.
And now I draw this longwinded soliloquy to close. I don’t talk often but when I do I tend to say a lot. Ok, back to the woodwork.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
Who was that lady in the earlier seasons who was traveling and stumbled across Survivor taping? And talked to hotel workers, taxi drivers etc? She had that season down too.

If you mean who I think you mean, that was no lady, that was the ChillOne. But he was in the Amazon after the show had finished filming. And a good bit of his info was off the mark.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

05-12-05, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
I think I got two different stories mixed up. Do remember ChillOne and you’re right, certainly no lady. But I seem to remember a lady, and now that I think about it there were two, in the first three seasons or so who had a website with camps and tribal council locations on maps and pictures of the two of them at those locations prior to airing. Now that was on the old hidden Sucks board but I think all the boards knew about them. Sound familiar?

05-12-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
You probably mean Wezzie and Quartzeye. They've been gathering tons of location information since S1, I think. They still post on Sucks and posted a lot of Palau information this time as well, especially Wezzie. She doesn't necessarily get spoilers, but this time she came into quite a few.

05-12-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
Yep, that’s them. Thanks. At my age thinking back that far sometimes puts me into a fazy hog or is that hoggy faze?
I migrated over here in S3 or S4 and don’t go back there unless there’s a link here to something I specifically want to read. Too cluttered and convoluted.

Besides, the people here are much nicer.

05-12-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
Wezzie has posted here several times this season too.

I don't post at Sucks, but I do try to keep up with reading it. There are plenty of nice people there, but then there are some others... But I agree the threads can be convoluted to follow, and sometime wind up containing a lot of junk.

05-12-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Curiosity question-Does anybody know..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 05:07 PM (EST)

Like 12 pages of one-liners like "yeah I agree" or "who let you out of your cage (tamed down)". Really analytical there.
I count on people like you to give me the highlights. And you do it well. Thanks for all your contributions.
And I was being a little facetious with the nice people comment. How many first time posters here have said that? If we had a nickle for every one . . . .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •