The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-29-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
Each of the final 6 must be trying to figure out how to get to the million dollars. Its is only 9 days away now. That leads to the question on what each of them must do to get to the end. this is what my stategy would be for each of them.

Katie seems to have a close alliance with Ian. She also seems to have a close relationship with Jenn. She had a close relationship with Tom, but that may be over after last night's episode. If I were her, I would make sure that caryn gets voted out next. That could leave her in controll when there are only 5 left with Greg/Jenn and Ian/Tom both needing her to make a majority.

Jenn seems to have a close relationship with Greg and Jenn. I would be looking to get rid of Caryn and then creating a 3 person alliance with Greg and Katie and convince each of them that I would take them to the final 2.

Greg seems to have a close relationship with Jenn and seems to get along with the other alpha guys. He seems to think he is part of a 5 person alliance, but that alliance is just about done. Now, that the girls have gone after Tom, I would try and create the all guy alliance and promise Caryn 4th place. She seems agreeable to that. After last night, she has lost all trust among the girls, so she has to go with the guys.

Caryn seems hopeless. She was given an easy path to the final 4 last night and instead of grabbing it and pushing it forward, she threw it away by telling Tom. even tom was shocked that she was giving away the plot. Jenn and Katie will no longer trust her to plan anything. She has never been part of an inner alliance. Her only hope is to stir up trouble and try and take advantage of it when the main alliance breaks up.

Ian is close with Tom and with Katie. If I were him I would make sure that Katie and Tom are still with me for the final 3. Then use Tom to tell Caryn she is the final 4 with him, Katie and Ian and use the 4 of them to get rid of Greg and Jenn. then get rid of Caryn and make a final 2 pact with both Katie and Tom.

Tom is close with Ian. He owes a debt of gratitude to Caryn. he probbly feels a bit betrayed by Jenn and Katie. If I were him I would try and create the all guy alliance and bring in Caryn as the girl I can trust. I don;t know how much Greg will agree to betray Jenn.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: what are the strategies with on... Steph_Fan 04-29-05 1
 RE: what are the strategies with on... fallingtogether 04-30-05 2
   RE: what are the strategies with on... alleycat904 04-30-05 3
       RE: what are the strategies with on... Gryoda 05-01-05 4
           RE: what are the strategies with on... michel 05-01-05 5
 RE: what are the strategies with on... Karchita 05-01-05 6
   RE: what are the strategies with on... Steph_Fan 05-01-05 7
       RE: what are the strategies with on... Karchita 05-02-05 8
           RE: what are the strategies with on... Thaibeach 05-03-05 9
               RE: what are the strategies with on... Karchita 05-03-05 11
 Ian lovwigglesworth 05-03-05 10
   RE: Ian michel 05-03-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-29-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
It seems to me that an additional, important, question here is how many of the people left will actually try to implement some form of strategy? I think we can count on Katie, but I'm not sure who else.

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
I think another thing to note is that Gregg, Ian and Tom all realize that they want to be in the final 2 with Katie, making Katie safe. I think the only reason Katie has remain voteless this entire time is because everyone know they can win in the finals with her.

alleycat904 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-30-05, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alleycat904 Click to send private message to alleycat904 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
I agree, any of the guys could win against Katie in the final two. Interesting posts on here about strategy. I'd like to see Tom, Ian and Katie final 3 & Ian and Tom final 2. Who knows?

Gryoda 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-01-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gryoda Click to send private message to Gryoda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
Caryn was stupid to join '5 strong' with people she mostly wouldn't beat for immunity when she could have been in a 4 person alliance. Ian is pretty safe as the least threatening of the males, but I wouldn't take him to the final two with me, so unless he is immune, he may be third. Who else makes it to the final 3 depends on whether people try to dump tom. If Tom goes next, I bet Greg will follow as the other alpha male, but if Caryn goes next, Tom may hold it together.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
Right now strategies have to be based on 2 points. Which player do you have an alliance with, and who can you beat in the final?
Starting with Caryn, she has to realize that the only person she could beat in F2 is Jenn. She'd get Coby's and Janu's votes, loose Stephenie's, Gregg's and Katie's but could get Tom and Ian's. Unfortunately she has no links to Jenn so her strategy is to stay with Tom and hope for second prize which isn't bad and maybe get a surprise if everyone holds a grudge to Tom.

Jenn would also have a better chance against Caryn or Katie but has allied herself with Gregg. So she has to hope he carries her to the final and that he makes enough ennemies. She'd have Stephenie and Katie's votes, would not have Coby's but the other votes still depend on what happens next. I have no idea which way Janu would vote in a Gregg vs Jenn F2. If F3 becomes Gregg, Jenn and Katie, Jenn could be well served to go against Katie in F2 if Gregg looses final immunity. Katie would definitely loose to Gregg and will think she has a better chance against Jenn. Given this poor combination of F2, I see Coby, Janu, Stephenie and Gregg giving the victory to Jenn.

Katie's only hope is to go in F2 against Caryn and her dilemma is that to get to F2 she has to get Caryn voted off. Her strategy is to align with the strongest duo (Tom and Ian) and hope they give her second prize. She can't get Coby's, Janu's or Caryn's votes while Gregg and the remaining man wouldn't vote for her.
Gregg would not win a vote against Tom or Ian but would win against Katie and Caryn. He'd have Coby's, Janu's, Caryn's(or Katie's)and probably Tom's and Jenn's votes. Stephenie and Ian would vote for Katie but Gregg could also get their votes against Caryn. He has to get Jenn to align the women against Tom and hope to win immunities after that so he stays longer than Ian. As noted before, A Gregg vs Jenn F2 is still undecided.

Ian is in a perfect situation. The women know he's capable of winning immunity against Tom, so they'll keep him until Tom is voted off then it would be between him and Gregg. He can also stick with Tom if Katie and Caryn come along and then he has to win the last immunity. If he makes F2, he would win against every other player except Tom.
Tom has to win immunities or hope Ian is true to him if he doesn't. If he makes F2, he wins against every other player although Ian would give him a close race. Coby, Janu, Stephenie and Caryn would vote Tom, Katie would vote Ian. I don't know what Gregg and Jenn would do but still Tom wins

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-01-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
I think your analyses of Katie and Ian are spot-on.

Jenn you have given too much credit. She has no strategy, unless you want to count shagging Gregg.

Gregg has no real options, IMO, and has not shown that he has the flexibility to wiggle his way out of the jam he created for himself by getting rid of Stephanie. Jenn and he are a pair. That means they are a voting block, but it also means he won't be trusted by his original alliance of T/I/K and no one would want them in the F4. Katie might vote with him and Jenn against Tom or Ian, but Caryn wouldn't, so the best he could do is a 3-3 tie. That would push Katie over to T/I/C and he or Jenn would go home. He would vote with the majority against Caryn, but not Jenn, and he needs Katie. Gregg is toast.

I agree that Caryn seems hopeless. I think she'll do whatever Tom tells her because she doesn't have other options.

I think Tom is in the best position to win. Ian and he are still tight. He is likely to win some more IIs. Tom has lined up Caryn as a potential replacement for Katie as a F2 partner that he will surely beat if he decides Katie is untrustworthy, disobedient and/or Caryn wins immunuty. He would prefer to get rid of Jenn next to bust up the G/J partnership. Then pick off another woman and he goes to F4 with his original alliance of T/I/G/K or with Caryn as Katie's replacement. I can see his path to winning more clearly than for anyone else.

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-01-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
>
>I think Tom is in the
>best position to win.
>Ian and he are still
>tight.

Ian's position is good because of this too. He has Katie like Tom has Caryn. He also is a big immunity threat, but somehow isn't perceived to be as dominating as Tom.

Interesting that we could think of the remaining group as three pairs (T/C, I/K, and G/J) or two groups of three (T/I/C and K/G/J).

05-02-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
Yes, I agree about Ian. And he seems so likeable that he could do very well with the jury no matter who he is up against.

I think that Katie is playing both sides now, and she could be the swing vote at five. If Caryn goes next, Katie might side with her original alliance to get rid of G/J next and assume that either Tom or Ian would take her to the F2 instead of each other. G/J would clearly take each other to F2, so Katie would be better off with T/I.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-05, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
Tom and Ian remind me a lot of Lex and Ethan in S3 Africa (back in the pre-A.S.S. days when Lex had a functional brain).

Lex (now Tom) was the challenge whore, out front and seen as a threat by everyone, while Ethan (now Ian) was the self-described friendly assistant coach who slid right in to the end along with Lex. Ethan even said that was his strategy - everyone hates the head coach (Lex) but they love the assistant coach.

Then Mama Kim screwed it all up for Lex by winning the F3 immunity, and choosing Ethan as her F2 partner.

This season's Mama Kim (at least as part of the F3) is probably Katie. (If so, please, god, don't let us see her in a thong. It would take days and gallons of bleach to scrub that image from my eyes.) Katie is more genuinely disliked than MK was, so - assuming she's the F3 immunity winner, which I doubt - whichever guy she chose would beat her easily. She's closer to Ian but in her deluded head, she may think people resent Tom for being the "hero" all game long. She may be dumb enough to think she could pull out a win over Tom, and would choose him as her F2 partner.

If Tom or Ian wins the F3 immunity (far more likely than Katie winning), either of them would choose Katie over the other for an easy victory.

This time, though, based on the editing, I think we'll get the "right" result - Tom, the big fireman on campus will pull it off.

05-03-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: what are the strategies with only 6 survivors left"
That's a great analogy. If Ian wins, it will be just like Ethan's win.

And Katie would surely lose in a F2 against either Tom or Ian, or at least she would if there is justice in this world.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Ian"
Ian is actually in the best position right now to win this. No one is thinking of voting him out and he has two final 2 agreements, one with Katie and one with Tom.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-05, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ian"
As I stated above Ian is in a perfect position to make F3. However, to win that last challenge, you need to believe you can do it. Ian will have doubts, Tom will have confidence. I don't see Tom loosing any of the F3 type challenges we've seen in the last few seasons.
I also think Tom needs to get Gregg booted as soon as possible. I don't think he can risk bringing him to F4 as someone suggested above. Jenn can always be dismissed later.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •