The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Janu quiting - what we didn't see"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-23-05, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Janu quiting - what we didn't see"
I haven't seen this anywhere so I'll post it now. I think this solves the confusion over whether Janu will be on the jury.

^Janu Tornell quits `Survivor' amid off-camera jury uncertainty
^By DERRIK J. LANG
^Associated Press Writer
NEW YORK (AP) — Quitters never win, but if they make it far enough on ``Survivor,'' they get to be on the jury.
Janu Tornell, 39, became the fourth person in ``Survivor'' history to quit the competition, but she'll still help decide the winner of the $1 million prize as a member of the nine-person jury — a heated issue the tribal council cameras didn't capture.
``It wasn't to save Stephenie (LaGrossa) in the game,'' Tornell told The Associated Press Friday. ``It ended up like that. At the same time, it was almost like a power play because I threw a wrench into their game.''
The former Las Vegas showgirl said host Jeff Probst didn't coerce her into departing ``Survivor: Palau,'' although it may have seemed otherwise.
``He aided me,'' said Tornell. ``I was at the point where I thought, `I want to go, but I don't want to jeopardize being part of the jury.' I was still battling with `quitter.' I hate that word. But I did it. I laid down my torch. No regrets whatsoever.''
Viewers didn't see Tornell's concern about whether she would be on the jury if she quit the CBS reality show. After going back and forth for several hours, Tornell said Probst asked for a break in the filming.
``The cameras stopped,'' said Tornell. ``Tribal council got really heated. You guys didn't even get any part of that. (Probst) goes, `This is off the record. What's going on, Janu? What are you worried about?' And I said, `Basically, I don't want to lose my place in the jury. I don't know where this takes me.''
Tornell said Probst left the tribal council area and consulted with producers. (The three players who quit ``Survivor'' in previous seasons departed before juries were formed.)
``It was all a new drama situation for everybody involved,'' said Tornell.
Probst returned and assured Tornell that she wouldn't forfeit her place on the jury by quitting. The cameras started back up, and Tornell did just that.
Now, as a jury member, she'll be on the lookout for the player ``who I thought played the game the best.''

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Duplicate topic IceCat 04-23-05 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-05, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Duplicate topic"
Links to articles on Janu's 'behind the scenes' descriptions are already appearing on this thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/3182.shtml

Please feel free to include your post as a reply to that existing thread.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •