The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

koolkat 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail koolkat Click to send private message to koolkat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
I need your help!!! After watching the episode tonight ( I have lots to say, but not right now), my girlfriends and I got into a little tiff. We have dinner riding on the answers I hopefully get from you guys!!
During the finale, does it always happen that the first guy/girl that we see arriving, ends up being the one that the bachelorette "breaks up" with? Even with "The Bachelor", does it usually happen this way also?
I seem to have a vauge recollection of a finale (can't remember which one?) where the first person to arrive was actually the person that the Bachelor selected?
PLEASE!!! Can anyone give me feed back!!!!

Kat

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... redheaded_sweetheart 02-26-04 1
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... celula 02-26-04 2
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... realitycoholic 02-26-04 3
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... AMAI 02-26-04 4
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... silesia18 02-26-04 5
   RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... KScott 02-26-04 6
   RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... koolkat 02-26-04 7
       RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... Loree 02-26-04 8
       RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... KScott 02-26-04 9
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... Lubey 02-26-04 10
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... lots_of_love 02-26-04 11
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... redefine_perfection13 02-26-04 12
   RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... koolkat 02-27-04 13
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... heather_ridge 02-28-04 14
   RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... diamond 02-29-04 15
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... 3amigos 02-29-04 16
 RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... rafghlor 03-09-04 17
   RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... indian girl 03-10-04 18
       RE: First Guy that arrives always(?... indian girl 03-10-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-04, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
I didn't watch the first bachelor, but all the others have been first there is the "loser".

celula 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celula Click to send private message to celula Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
To my recollection, the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise always has the "loser" arrive first. (Note: I call them the losers but in most cases, they are the true winners in the series, having dodged a bullet by not being chosen.) Joe Millionaire deviated from this formula by having Zorah (the chosen one) arrive first. For Love or Money may have taken this route also. They cut back and forth between the two remaining hopefuls instead of showing one after another. Average Joe I also had the winner come out of the limo first (remember how Jason came out of the airplane as Adam was driving off).

I hope this helps.

Celula

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
How could the chosen one be the first one? The bachelor(ette)tells the first person they're the pickee and then shuffles them off to the side and tells the second person that they're not the one? Wouldn't work psychologically or logically...

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 05:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-04 AT 05:41 AM (EST)

LOL bullet dodging. Definitely applies in some seasons *coughPigBlobcough*

In Joe Millionaire it worked for him to first tell Zora she was chosen, because he also had to reveal the deep dark secret and give her time to think about what she'd do.

But in Bachelor/ette the sad break-up part comes first, so the show can end on the Happy Note.

I have watched A LOT of romance reality tv and recapped most of what I've watched, and this is the First Time the couple truly seems to be in love. Whether it lasts almost doesn't matter. At least they seem to really be hot for each other!

silesia18 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silesia18 Click to send private message to silesia18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
maybe my memory is failing me, but didn't andrew pick jen first and then dump kirsten afterwards? for some reason thats how i remember it.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-26-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
I think Kirsten showed 1st & got the big boot (Thank God)!

02-26-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail koolkat Click to send private message to koolkat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
YES!!!! I too think like silesia18, that Jen was picked first!! I wonder where I could find that info out for sure??

Most of the finales had the second person arriving being "picked" as the lucky one, but I could swear that there is at least 1 time that the second person to arrive was
"dumped".

I am still searching and hopefully will find a concrete answer soon!!!!

Kat

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
I'm sure they had the first one arriving being the winner once too. I remember being so shocked because they had never done that before.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-26-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
Jen arrived 2nd. Remember Kirsten in the limo saying that she was going to throw up at the thought that Andrew was proposing to Jen right now. I don't recall anyone arriving 1st being the winner!

Lubey 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lubey Click to send private message to Lubey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
In every single Bachelor or Bachelorette, the "loser" gets out of the limo first. They have always ended on a happy note with the lovely couple canoodling for us on the TV. They never have ended on a bad note. Why would they do that??

lots_of_love 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lots_of_love Click to send private message to lots_of_love Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
As far as the Bachelor(ette) series the one not selected has always gone first. There have been other reality series that have done the opposite. Hope this helps.

redefine_perfection13 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redefine_perfection13 Click to send private message to redefine_perfection13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
wouldnt it be original if ABC had had Meridith say good bye to matthew yet when she saw Ian realize she had made a mistake and it ended with her going to his home town and being there for him?

02-27-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
Well thanks guys...you are right. The first to arrive does always gets the axe. I guess I'd better let my girlfirend know that dinner is on me.

I realized that it was on the first Average Joe that the first to arrive was selected, not on Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Thanks again!!

Kat

heather_ridge 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heather_ridge Click to send private message to heather_ridge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
i want to say that there was ONE Bachelor episode - either Aaron or Andrew that showed............ok, wait, memory coming back.........Aaron show with Brooke. Ok, i THINK that it showed the brunette (the winner) come out first, then they went to commercial break but DIDN'T finish with her. They jumped to Brooke and we all were wondering what was going on until she got dumped and they finish running the clip of the winner. I'm POSITIVE that one show did this.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-29-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-29-04 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

It wasn't the Aaron/Helene season. Brooke was definitely first (I wrote the summary for that episode, and the summary followed the order order exactly as it was on the show). I'm fairly certain that every single season of the Bachelor(ette) has also been loser first, winner second.

It's possible some of you might be thinking of the preview clips they show ad nauseum before the commercials. The Bachelor(ette) is notorious for showing a ridiculous amount of previews before each commercial break. It may be that prior to the final commercial in some of the seasons, they showed clips of the winner first, and this is what you are thinking of. But the final, actual reveal is always winner second, as far as I can remember.

3amigos 5 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 3amigos Click to send private message to 3amigos Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
Well, if you think about it, there's the rose ceremony, so the "bootee" has to be the one to arrive first. If he arrived second, after the rose had already been given to the chosen one, he would see the empty tray and figure it out before the bachelorette ever utters a word.

rafghlor 9 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-04, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rafghlor Click to send private message to rafghlor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
hi Kat you are absolutley correct ,the first one always to arrive is gone,Charlie with trista,Kelly-jo with Bob,Kristin with Andrew etc.As you can see I do my homework .I am an avid fan and have followed them all.It can not be any other way because let us say she picks the first one what is he or she to do while she rejects the other one ,wait there ,impossible!She or he says good -bye to the first one out of the limo and then waits for her choice!!Go enjoy your dinner.You are compl,etely correct.

indian girl 142 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indian%20girl Click to send private message to indian%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
Now when I think back, I think the only Bachelor where the winner appeared second was the very first one with Alex/Trista and Amanda. I am 99.9% sure Trista was the second to arrive. If anyone has proof, post here. I went on the abc website and the citytv website but the old info is gone.

indian girl 142 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indian%20girl Click to send private message to indian%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: First Guy that arrives always(?) gets booted?"
oops I'm wrong, I found proof that Trista arrived first. So I guess that seals it, the first guy/girl to arrive is the booted one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •