The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How each person can get to the prize"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-18-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How each person can get to the prize"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

At this point in the game, I think its interesting to figure out what each remaining players logical strategy should be to get to million dollars and see how likely it is that the strategy would be successful.

Tom - Seems to have a very close alliance with Ian, Katie, Greg and Jenn that would get him to the final 5. Also has alliance with Katie and Ian to get to the final 3. He also is courting Stephanie as an extra vote if needs it. He has to think that the million dollars is within his reach.

Ian - Seems to have a very close alliance with Tom, Katie, Greg and Jenn that would get him to the final 5. Also has alliance with Katie and Tom to get to the final 3. He also thinks that Stephanie as an extra vote if needs it. He has to think that the million dollars is within reach.

Katie - Although she seems to be part of the core Koror alliance, she also seems to be close to Jenn. Her best move seems to be to follow Tom's lead to the end and let Tom take the risks.

Jenn and Greg - Has close 2 person alliance and part of final 5 core alliance. They may think that if they get to the final 5 that Katie would be with them to vote out Tom and Ian.

Stephanie - She is by herself and you have to believe that there is only so far she can go as an outsider. Her best strategy is to watch everyone in Koror and try and play everyone against themselves. She needs to be somewhat like Chris or Rob or Johnny Fairplay. I'm not sur whether she has those skills. She is lucky that people find her less threatening that an alpha male like BJ.

Caryn - I have trouble seeing how she gets to the million dollars. She doesn't have the talents to go on an immunity run. She hasn't built the relationships needed to be carried to the end. She can be carried forward a bit like Jan and she can try and sell herself to everyone as the person who will vote for anyone to move ahead like Sandra

Janu - I don't know how she gets to the million dollars. She is tired and doesn't seem to want to play anymore. She seems resolved to losing.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How each person can get to the ... michel 04-18-05 1
   RE: How each person can get to the ... PepeLePew13 04-19-05 3
 RE: How each person can get to the ... chaipo 04-18-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-18-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How each person can get to the prize"
Concerning Katie's strategy, I agree that she has to go along with Tom but up to a certain point. The first step (at least after Janu is gone)would be to get rid of Stephenie in a similar move that Tina did to Amber in S2 eventhough Colby wanted to keep Amber. Then swing back towards Tom (saying voting out Stephenie isn't a betrayal to the real Koror)and get rid of Gregg. Only then could she make her move and have the women (Jenn and Caryn) vote Tom out (or Ian if Tom has immunity). She would be better off in F2 going against someone else than Tom or Ian. I only see her winning going against Jenn or Caryn since Janu is not staying no matter what else happens. Tom would have to annoy people a lot more to lose Ian, Gregg, Stephenie Janu and even Caryn's votes to Katie.

Stephenie can't act as Chris did and turn against the leading alliance. She has to hope that she indeed,has friends and that they'll stick with her. If Tom keeps control of the votes, she might wind up in F4 and then hope for an immunity run because no one would want to go against her in F2. It would be hard to call the jury's (all Koror members) vote. Would they go for one of their own who probably got on their nerves in the long run or consider that Stephenie would indeed represent the ultimate survivor if she lasts that long? Her final speech would be easy to make.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-05, 06:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How each person can get to the prize"
>Would they go for one of their
>own who probably got on
>their nerves in the long
>run or consider that Stephenie
>would indeed represent the ultimate
>survivor if she lasts that
>long? Her final speech would
>be easy to make.

I'd think that if Stephenie lasted all the way to the end and went up against someone like Katie in the final, she would win rather easily. Tom and Ian would respect a strong competitor, Caryn has always been lukewarm towards Katie after they had a fight back in about episode 3, plus Coby who thinks Katie is useless. Gregg and Jenn would probably vote for Katie and I'd think that Janu would vote along with Coby. 5-2 Steph if she goes up against Katie. If she goes up against Tom/Ian, she loses. If up against Jenn, tough call but maybe Jenn wins 4-3 due to the Tom/Ian/Gregg bloc.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

chaipo 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-18-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chaipo Click to send private message to chaipo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How each person can get to the prize"
I've been thinking about this as well, actually thinking more about alternatives to the current spoilers.

We've got the following groups of people:
Tom/Ian, Katie, Greg/Jenn, Stephanie, Caryn, Janu.

For Janu:
The most likely scenario, based on what we've seen, is Tom/Ian/Katie/Greg/Jenn sticking together. Tom/Ian is a strong pair, Katie has ties to both Greg/Jenn and Tom/Ian. But shouldn't Greg/Jenn sense that they are in the outside of this alliance? If so, wouldn't this be a good time for Greg/Jenn/(Stephanie|Katie)/Caryn/Janu link up to kick off one of the boys? I realize switches at even numbers tend to not work (too many people who could flip-flop).

Following the thought forward, let's say Tom goes (likely high target). Then Greg/Jenn/Ian/Katie could kick out Steph (most likely other "alliance" threat). Left with Greg/Jenn, Ian, Katie, Caryn, Janu. At this point, Janu is likely not a target, and the big guns should take each other out, and Greg/Jenn being a strong pair should be split. Let's say Greg goes, Ian wins immunity.

Ian/Katie/Jenn, Janu and Caryn. Essential immunity for Janu. Janu somehow wins a challenge, and Caryn goes. This leaves Ian/Katie/Jenn and Janu. Perhaps this is when Janu becomes the one everyone wants to take to final two, causing others to take each other out.

So there you go, a possible (albeit unlikely) Janu win scenario. It requires a lot of scheming to make it work though.

A good Stephanie scenario:
Another way it could work, is that Janu is kicked off this week, causing Tom/Ian, Katie, Greg/Jenn, Stephanie, Caryn. Most likely Greg/Jenn/Stephanie/Caryn would have to vote off Tom again to make an advantageous final scenario for Greg/Jenn. Then you are back to Ian, Katie, Greg/Jenn, Stephanie, Caryn. Ian could be on the out, then you have Greg/Jenn/Katie vs. Stephanie/Caryn/Ian. Everyone hates a tie, and Katie would suspect Greg/Jenn of taking each other to the final four, causing a Katie/Stephanie/Caryn/Ian vote for Greg. Ian would be next logically to vote out, due to threat and likeability, so then you have an all-women, Katie/Stephanie/Caryn final. Pretty good chance of Stephanie taking the F3 immunity and winning.

Any of these would be cool. I hate to think that this season would wind up another Thailand with people not thinking for themselves out there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •