The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 10 Web Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 10 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

Back with another thread! (Do I have to do everything myself today?) The IC looks pretty scary!

VoiceOver

VO: Last week Stephenie was rescued. But Survivor Thursday are here new tribe mates plotting against her?

Jenn: She needs to go.

*Gregg: I'm gonna miss her.
*(Bianca, weecama and LookeeLee say this is actually Ian speaking, not Gregg.)

Stephenie: I'm really nervous.

VO: Plus, 2 challenges that will push these castaways to the limit.

JP: Mind over matter.

VO: The winner gets immunity but in a Survivor first the loser will be exiled.

JP: You will be taken to a deserted island to live on your own.

VO: Don't miss a stunning new Survivor. CBS, Thursday.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Does Tom go to Exile Island? lovwigglesworth 04-15-05 1
   RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? volsfan 04-15-05 2
       RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Brownroach 04-15-05 4
           RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? volsfan 04-15-05 6
   RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Brownroach 04-15-05 3
       RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Flowerpower 04-15-05 7
           RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Brownroach 04-15-05 11
               RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? LookeeLoo 04-15-05 18
       RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Cathy the Canadian 04-15-05 9
           RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Devious Weasel 04-15-05 10
               RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island? Dakota 04-18-05 26
 Voice over misdirections aethelstan 04-15-05 5
   RE: Voice over misdirections fallingtogether 04-15-05 17
   RE: Voice over misdirections LookeeLoo 04-15-05 19
 Watch It Here Devious Weasel 04-15-05 8
   RE: Watch It Here volsfan 04-15-05 12
       RE: Watch It Here braveheart 04-15-05 13
       RE: Watch It Here Alchemist 04-15-05 15
       RE: Watch It Here philcata 04-18-05 25
 RE: Ep 10 Web Promo tribephyl 04-15-05 14
   RE: Ep 10 Web Promo clemsonbeav 04-17-05 20
 RE: Ep 10 Web Promo Alchemist 04-15-05 16
   RE: Ep 10 Web Promo weecama 04-17-05 21
       RE: Ep 10 Web Promo Brownroach 04-18-05 22
           RE: Ep 10 Web Promo Krautboy 04-18-05 23
               RE: Ep 10 Web Promo LookeeLoo 04-18-05 24
                   RE: Ep 10 Web Promo Brownroach 04-19-05 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-15-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
It looks like Tom in the siluete pick by himself. Do you think he would purposely bail out first to save the rest of them from having to be alone and be a big hero?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

I think the pic of Tom is misdirection. ETA: Or Tom drops out to save Janu as we have already seen Tom trying to give her pep talks and help her. Maybe Tom drops out to keep Janu with the team and not having to spend time by herself.

The challenge where we see them starting on the beach is the one with the pic we had last week from TV Guide (the one with Tom dragging the ball). This is the IC...right? You can see the balls on the beach as they depart.

Do you think the RC is a hold your breath challenge. The pics where they are all lined up sticking their noses out of the water or is it part of the IC too?

04-15-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
Vols, the TV Guide challenge is the RC. The breath-holding challenge is the IC.

04-15-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
Thanks BR!

04-15-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

That does seem like something Tom would do. And that does look like him in the pic.

There is a tribal flag where the boat is moored, and the map looks like the same one Stephenie got when she was told to go to Koror. So could it be that Tom (or whoever) is exiled to the old Ulong camp?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
Yes, I think that Tom could very well throw the challenge and get out first to spare any of the weaker females(Janu) the anguish of the isolation. I definately see that happening.

Caps 10 through 19 are all shots of the RC, scaffolding challenge. You can clearly see the teams of 4 each, Steph, Ian, Katie, and Jenn on one team vs. Tom, Gregg, Janu, and Caryn on the other.

Caps 24-26 are all shots of Ian going under...you can tell by noting the ring he is wearing on his right hand. Could this be misdirection or no? OR, will Ian be the one to throw the challenge and continue on with, as Veruca says, Ian's great adventure?

04-15-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
I just don't get the point of this. The person is losing immunity so they are eligible to be voted out. Which means they have to be at tribal council. So how long are they in exile for, one day? An afternoon? Or are they going to spend the rest of the show in exile, just showing up for challenges and TC's until they get voted out?

On reflection, I don't think Tom would be the first to bail out (and it doesn't look like he is, anyway). But he might volunteer to go in place of the actual exilee.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-15-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
I also do not think Tom would throw the IC just to save someone else. There's too much risk in that and he would not have the chance to control the tribe. Also, there may be evidence that he wins IC as noted in another thread.

As far as who is silhouetted by the boat. I cant tell, but that may just be misdirection.

I also don't understand the exile twist. Would they come back and participate in TC? Would they be exiled AND immune in addition to the IC winner? Perhaps Bianca can shed some light on this for us.

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-15-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
I think that's clearly a guy in the pick, but I don't think it looks like Tom, Gregg, or Ian.

Is this even a survivor, or a staff pre-enactment?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
I thought it was Probst at first.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Does Tom go to Exile Island?"
My first thought at seeing the pic was that it was Tom. I can see Tom volunteering to go, but I thought the picture looked SO much like Tom that MB wouldn't show that pic if he was the exilee. It could just be a contemplative moment for him, not him in exile.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-15-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Voice over misdirections"
VO: Last week Stephenie was rescued. But Survivor Thursday are here new tribe mates plotting against her?

Jenn: She needs to go.

Gregg: I'm gonna miss her.

Stephenie: I'm really nervous.

I think these are splice together to give us the impression that Steph is in trouble but that Jenn and Gregg is actually talking about Janu. Gregg will miss her because she could have given Gregg numbers at F7 (had, for example, Steph gone at F8).

The Steph quote is, well, practically ubiquitous. So, the answer to the VO question is no, imo.

Oddly enough, Janu is nowhere on this promo.

©Forged by RolldDice, 2004
It is unbecoming for a Cardinal to ski badly --John Paul II

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-15-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Voice over misdirections"
I glad you brought up the Gregg not having the numbers. What I can't understand is why Gregg is waiting around to make his move. It seems to me that he needs to make his move this week. Coby already stated the obvious alliance of Tom, Ian and Katie. I think these three are really tight and there is no breaking them. Therefore, Gregg needs to make his move this week - talk with Janu, Caryn and Jenn and the four of them take out either Tom or Ian. Plus this would get rid of Gregg's competition.

If he waits until next week, he'll be out of luck. He has to know that Jenn and him are on the outside of the T/I/K alliance.

04-15-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Voice over misdirections"
I'm not sure if Jenn is talking about Steph here. It could be she is talking about Janu and she knows Gregg wants to keep her around for strategy. Agree could be misdirection.

Also, I believe that it is Ian that is talking with Gregg and Ian says "I'm really gonna miss her". He may be trying to talk Gregg into voting off Janu also. I just can't see Ian saying that about Steph since she just got there. How could he miss her when they have been together for just a few days?

I think they are all working on Gregg to get rid of Janu and they know he does not want to.

LookeeLoo

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Watch It Here"
As always, I suggest watching the promo as well as looking at vidcaps. See it here.

04-15-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Watch It Here"
Is CBS having problems with the video or is it my computer? I get a white screen and nothing happens.

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-15-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Watch It Here"
I just watched it...no probs

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Watch It Here"
Below the "screen" see if it says something like "if you see a white screen, download this....it may help.

Alchemist

philcata 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-18-05, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail philcata Click to send private message to philcata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Watch It Here"
I have also been getting a white screen all week.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
Looks like there is a prize that goes with the immunity.

What do you think is under the cloth?
Sn'DCS©MMIV

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-17-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
Rupert?

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
On Coby's interview this afternoon, they made some reference to the exile and Jenna said she thinks that it would be only for an afternoon or a night. Take that for what it's worth though.

Alchemist

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-17-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-05 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

I don't know if it matters but what I saw and heard too ,in the Promo , was Ian saying "I'm really going to miss her" not Gregg .
eta..the clip of Jenn saying " she really needs to go is recycled from EP8 Jenn confessional about Steph .

04-18-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
Yes, over at Sucks Bianca is saying that it's actually Ian, not Gregg. I copied the VO from Fever.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-18-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
An arguement can be made for Jenn as the exile if Gregg is "really going to miss her", but since it's Ian making the comment, he's probably refering to Koror's decision to vote out Steph...which of course will change at TC after Steph makes her heartfelt plea and Janu volunteers to be voted out after her exile experience.

Krautboy

04-18-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
Weecama might be referring to my post #19 above. A wise owl here recommended looking at the web promo versus just reviewing the shots for the web promos and this is where I got it. Weecama posted the shot of Ian and Gregg where this conversation happens in the web promo. Unless Gregg is a ventriloquist talking out of Ian's mouth, then it is Ian who said "I'm really gonna miss her".

In post #19 I also said that I don't think they are talking about Steph as the boot. How can Ian "miss" Steph when she's been around for only 4 or 5 days?

Also, they could either be talking about the next bootee or they could be talking about the exiled person. I can see Ian sympathizing with Gregg if it is Jenn that is in exile. I can also see Ian trying to convince Gregg to boot Janu off because right now, there could be a 4 to 4 tie at TC. Ian may know that Gregg has taken an interest in Janu and wants some assurances that Gregg will vote with him, Tom, Katie and hopefully Steph to make the numbers right for his alliance.

LookeeLoo

04-19-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Ep 10 Web Promo"
Sorry, I didn't notice you had also pointed out it was Ian. I would watch the videos if I could, but I can't.

I'm inclined to think the "missed" person must be the exilee. Katie and Jenn are not in danger of getting booted. I can't picture anyone missing a booted Janu if all she does is lay in the hammock all day. Stephenie seems too new an arrival, though I suppose a context is possible (e.g., "she's only been part of our tribe for five days, but I'm gonna miss her.")

I would venture a guess that Ian is most likely to say this about Katie, if he found her entertaining around camp and she gets exiled.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •