The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Here's someone defending Colin"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-26-04, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Here's someone defending Colin"
This is pretty amazing to me - in the Insider video on the CBS site Chip and Kim have some interesting things to say about the relationship between Colin and Christie - here's a rough transcript (actually it's all Chip except two words by Kim):

Colin and Christie, I think their relationship is one that will grow and it will last because they have a good basis and that basis is that Christie wants the best for Colin. She wants him to be the best that he can possibly be and Colin wants the same thing for Christie. Because as I understand it, when Christie found Colin they were in college together and Colin was one of these old skateboarder, extreme sports, water sports, dune buggy driven’, airplane jumpin’, the kind of guy that probably didn’t take a bath or whatever – (Kim - "very unsophisticated"). Now she has his hair all – it’s not cut even – it’s coiffed, you know what I’m sayin’ – he’s all GQ and talkin’ about Armani and Versace. He’s all suave and debonair. But the thing is, is since Christie has done this metamorphasis on the guy I guess that gives her the license to continue to correct him and to mold him and it’s almost like she’s a mother on the guy. It’s like, ‘Colin, Colin – don’t say that, Colin, don’t do that – napkin on your lap’. You know, it’s the kind of thing where I think once Colin says, ‘Ok, baby, ok, I’m cool, you’ve done straightened the brother out and I’m cool now, I’m suave and debonair. Now just, let’s just co-exist, instead of mother/son, it’s boyfriend/girlfriend and later on I might marry your butt if you stop correcting a brother.’”

This is a whole different take on Colin and pretty disappointing to all of us who have been unmerciful with him the past couple of weeks. I still hate his boorish behavior, but I guess there's more there than what we see most of the time.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Here's someone defending Colin Goober 08-26-04 1
 RE: Here's someone defending Colin Mistral 08-26-04 2
   RE: Here's someone defending Colin teesosh 08-27-04 4
       RE: Here's someone defending Colin TeamJoisey 08-28-04 6
 RE: Here's someone defending Colin okaychatt 08-27-04 3
 RE: Here's someone defending Colin nailbone 08-27-04 5
 Still Like Him trigirl 09-07-04 7
   RE: Still Like Him samboohoo 09-07-04 8
       RE: Colin foonermints 09-07-04 9
 RE: Here's someone defending Colin PhillyDon 09-07-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-26-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-04 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

here's a rough transcript (actually it's all Chip except two words by Kim)

LOL. Chip sure has a way with words.. plus seems chipper all the time!

Thanks for transcribing, Sittem.
I'm in agreeance with him.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-26-04, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
You are brave to post an even remotely-positive Colin post here, and for that you have my admiration! (Go you!)

I knew as I was watching the other day on my hopelessly West Coast timeframe, that this whole episode was going to cause a ton of furor on the ole message boards. And it sure has!

Is Colin really a misogynistic arrogant DOM prickhead? Is Christie really his willingily Submissive clean-up-the-mess-make-it-right gal? Who knows? Who cares? This is TV, and we're shown whatever will cause the most interesting water cooler comments (aside: is it HBO? Or who is it that does those water cooler commercials...I like 'em!)

Seriously, if you're willing to lay bare your relationship with your SO for the sake of competing on a TV reality show, you're gonna get a lot of flack from everyone watching. But can any of us say that our relationships (of whatever nature) would be depicted accurately for the sake of TV ratings? But can we really complain?

teesosh 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-27-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teesosh Click to send private message to teesosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
"Who knows? Who cares? This is TV, and we're shown whatever will cause the most interesting water cooler comments"

I agree with you that we don't know the whole story, and that it is definitely edited down to what we SEE to provoke interest. BUT what I worry about is the popular "Who knows? Who cares?" approach to LIFE these days... and the evidence that so many people get all worked up over this (Colin & Christie) kind of thing is proof that we'd rather NOT shrug it off, that we all want better for ourselves and those around us. Contrary to the current trendy belief that nothing is for certain, we live in a world that MAKES SENSE. Cause-and-effect. There ARE laws that can't be broken. And I don't mean running a stop sign, I mean, hold a pencil out at arm's length and let go of it. What will it do? Float? How about if you repeat the experiment a thousand times? A million? Will it ever go UP? There ARE "sure things" in this world, and we CAN make INTELLIGENT observations and draw conclusions about much of what we see. (Otherwise there would be no such thing as "science".) Deciding whether or not you (or someone you're acquainted with) is in an unhealthy relationship is something we are allowed to do. We don't just have to throw up our hands and say, "Oh, well! Who can say what's good or bad?" ...and maybe it'll save somebody from serious harm. That's why some of us get up on the soap box.

There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke" J. Hendrix

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-28-04, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
uh... I was following your argument, taking notes and all, but I dropped my pencil.

Can you say it again slower? Maybe with a few line breaks in there?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-27-04, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
"once Colin says, ‘Ok, baby, ok, I’m cool, you’ve done straightened the brother out and I’m cool now, I’m suave and debonair. Now just, let’s just co-exist, instead of mother/son, it’s boyfriend/girlfriend and later on I might marry your butt if you stop correcting a brother.’”

I know this thread is meant to soothe the Colin/Christie waters, but they continue to roil from my side of the computer.

Christie may have made changes to the outside, but Colin is still nothing more than a grown child having a tantrum any time things don't go his way. A good relationship depends on more than exterior appearances. I do not hold out much hope for this pair.

The previews show Colin having yet another temper episode next week. I hope he gets booted from the race soon.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-27-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
One word, Chatt: Editing.

Also, I'd give money to actually here Colin say "you’ve done straightened the brother out."

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-07-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Still Like Him"
I know that I am completely in the minority here, but I still like the guy and think that we are seeing the power of editing. I am a great person, but when I get a little stressed (say, like an Amazing Race) I get a little rangy. I might even get a little psycho. So....I feel for the guy.

Where would this show be without Frank, without Wil, without Ian, without Colin. It's interesting TV guys, and it also means that C&C don't win.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-04, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Still Like Him"
I actually don't think he's that bad. He may be intense, he may be a jerk, but he's certainly no Aliwhore.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Colin"
He ain't no Smirknawhore neither. The boy just don't have what it takes.

PhillyDon 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-07-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyDon Click to send private message to PhillyDon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Here's someone defending Colin"
While I realize we see the sides of him that the editors want us to see, if Colon didn't produce the material (i.e. The Tanzania Incident) there wouldn't be anything to show.

Mrs. PhillyDon would be happy to tell you that I'm not always the picture of self control, but I'm pretty sure I've never been as far over the top as he was, even under stress.

All that said, as much as it pains me to admit it, I'm pretty impressed with the way this team can overcome pretty much anything that's thrown at it. They may not win, but they'll be there at the end.

I'm PhillyDon and I approve this post.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •