The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matt is too good for her anyway!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

shortn2sassy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shortn2sassy Click to send private message to shortn2sassy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matt is too good for her anyway!"
I was hoping Matt would win only because he was falling for her so hard. But I think he deserves better than her. He will have NO problem finding a women deserves to have someone so kind, sweet, ect.

Good luck to her and Ian. Ian will cheat on her though you wait and see.....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Disagree!!! AMAI 02-25-04 1
 I AGREE!!! RealityAddict 02-26-04 2
   RE: I AGREE!!! shortn2sassy 02-26-04 3
       RE: I AGREE!!! Chiquita 02-26-04 4
           RE: I AGREE!!! Loree 02-26-04 5
               RE: I AGREE!!! Karennz 02-27-04 9
               RE: I AGREE!!! MTW1961 02-27-04 11
           RE: I AGREE!!! reality_gal 02-26-04 6
               Don't agree! minkey 02-26-04 7
 RE: Matt is too good for her anyway... lots_of_love 02-26-04 8
 RE: Matt is too good for her anyway... lots_of_love 02-27-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Disagree!!!"
For once, both men were both good men, and it was truly a matter of which path she wanted. I disagree most strongly with your view that Matt was too good for her. He simply wasn't the man with whom she fell in love. She was true to herself and in the end she made the choice that was right for everyone involved.

Matt will find the right woman for him. My view of him rose considerably after his thoughtful parting words. He really came across as a caring individual, but when all is said & done, being safe & protected didn't inspire the passion & fire that unpredictability and excitement did.

And I hope they are happy together for many years. I also hope they do not have a televised wedding.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-26-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "I AGREE!!!"
I agree with you shortn2sassy...I was hoping during Meredith and Matt's last date together at her house that she did NOT pick him b/c he does not need a girl like Meredith. I feel she led him on with the comments about the ring...and then she said "Matthew is not the type of guy you let go"...well, duh...you did!

I know she had to follow her heart, but her comments about choosing a "lifestyle" made me sick! She said she would be happy living in a box with Ian, yet she carried on about traveling with him etc. I will be surprised if she and Ian stay together. Matthew deserves someone who loves him as much as he seemed to love Meredith.

shortn2sassy 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shortn2sassy Click to send private message to shortn2sassy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I AGREE!!!"
That is what I was saying, it just seems like she was so head over heels for Matt and yet then she made the comment you mentioned about living in a box with Ian....Hello make up your mind, and then she said at the end how she was in love with Ian and had been. Then what was with taking Matt downstairs at her family place to make out with him. She sent Ian home with a kiss. Just like she had Matt up in her bedroom after dinner to make out with him. If you are in love with Ian already as she said she was, then why you making out so much with another guy?

Chiquita 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chiquita Click to send private message to Chiquita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I AGREE!!!"
What really cracked me up was right before Ian "proposed", he said something to the effect of "Are we going to make it??!" Umm WRONG thing to say if you are supposed to be asking someone to marry you. He was really riding the fence the whole time on whether he was going to offer her a ring or not. If he is that indecisive, not a good sign. There is something shady about that guy....

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I AGREE!!!"
I have never liked Ian so of course I was leaning towards Matthew. But I do believe Matthew is better off without Meredith.

Meredith wanted the lust and passion she feels with Ian and said she would live in a box with him. That is what everyone says and feels at the beginning of a relationship. It's easy to think you will live on this wild passion. But that is not what makes a relationship work longterm. I kind of doubt this will work. She says she is so in love at the present time. But of course she has not been able to spend time with Ian since the show filmed. So she has been craving what she can't have. It is the excitement of being kept apart. Wait till it is the daily living of normal life. Will it last? But then this is the woman that thought she was in love with Bob.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I AGREE!!!"
Yes, yes, yes. Loree, I agree with everything you said. I do think these two are in love and want this to work. But it WILL be interesting to see what happens, now that they are physically together and have to make things work in real life...away from TV cameras. It's a whole different scenario.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I AGREE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-04 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

Dittos from me Loree. You could tell that Ian gave Meredith that incredible "butterfly" feeling that comes with initial infatuation. Ten years down the raod, they won't have that anymore,and they won't have a solid foundation to rely on.

Lasting marriage is more a result of rational commitment, common goals, and common ideology than it is of romantic love.

I thought she became the Bachelorette to break the cycle of dating adventurous men who were exciting, but not good material for the foundation of a lifelong family committment, but I guess I was wrong.

ETA: I keep watching the Bachelor/ette hoping that someone will follow their head instead of their heart because the head is much more capable of good long term decisions. So far, no takers!

RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section - Marketing VP

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I AGREE!!!"
Very shady and secretive!!!!

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Don't agree!"
I see Ian as more cautious and repressed than shady and secretive. He seems like a total WASP, and having to overcome my own WASP upbringing, I can relate.

Also, I think Meredith was only being true to the show. She was treating each man as a possible husband and therefore things were intimate. It was in the moment that she slipped and said the thing about the ring; then she COULDN"T take it back. That doesn't make her a bad person. Unfortunately, it made things more hurtful in the end for both of them. I believe she had very intense feelings for Matt and really wanted to be in love with him because he is what every woman is SUPPOSED to want. In the end she followed her heart, and what's so wrong with that?? To place a value judgement on her because she didn't choose our beloved Matt is just wrong!

lots_of_love 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lots_of_love Click to send private message to lots_of_love Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Matt is too good for her anyway!"
I think that if u watched and really payed any attention to Meredith, you saw that, she is, by no means, a country girl! She would prefer to sail across the ocean to a foriegn country in the heat of the moment sipping wine without a care in the world. Do not get me wrong, Matt is one sexy bachelor and definetly my vote for the next bachelor. He is a county guy, she is a city girl. She does not like horses comes from a ranch. You also have to remember, ABC has complete control of editing and the whole ring talk at her folks may have been a whole different conversation than it appeared to be. Same with she could have taken Ian to the same couch downstairs and it just was not shown. However, Meredith will soon learn that the passion you have when you fall in love is not practical for everyday live'n. Married women know that you want someone who will put you first and is willing to work at your marriage.

lots_of_love 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lots_of_love Click to send private message to lots_of_love Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Matt is too good for her anyway!"
Alright so I was wrong and she was not a very nice person to have told him that a them not select him. I have lost a lot of respect for her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •