The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-05, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

1. Which Koror players take part in the tribal Reward Challenge? 5
a.Caryn and Tom b.Gregg and Tom c.Gregg and Ian d.Gregg and Katie e.Ian and Tom f.Ian and Jenn g.All Koror h.None of the above.

2. Will any of the Survivors be shown eating fruit bat in this 10
a.No b.Yes c.Inconclusive

3. What best describes the Reward Challenge in this episode? 10
a.Challenge involving water b.Eating GrossFood c.Fire Starting d.Something else e.No reward f.None of the above

4. Who will win the Reward Challenge in this episode? 15
a.BobbyJon b.Caryn c.Coby d.Gregg e.Ian f.Janu g.Jennifer h.Katie i.Stephenie j.Tom k.Pair of Koror l.Koror m.Ulong n.None of the above

5. According to CBS, "Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision." Whose opinion reigns supreme in the final decision? 5
a.BobbyJon b.Caryn c.Coby d.Gregg e.Ian f.Janu g.Jennifer h.Katie i.Stephenie j.Tom k.None of the above

6. Who feels "defeated and annoyed with the final decision"? 5
a.BobbyJon b.Caryn c.Coby d.Gregg e.Ian f.Janu g.Jennifer h.Katie i.Stephenie j.Tom k.None of the above

7. What is the Reward? 10
a.Palauan Feast b.Food and Drink at camp c.Toiletries d.Boat Trip and Picnic e.Looting other Tribe f.None of the above

8. What best describes the tribal Immunity Challenge in this episode? 5
a.Challenge involving water b.Eating GrossFood c.Fire Starting d.Something else e.No tribal immunity f.None of the above

9. Who will be awarded Immunity first? 15
a.BobbyJon b.Caryn c.Coby d.Gregg e.Ian f.Janu g.Jennifer h.Katie i.Stephenie j.Tom k.Koror l.Ulong m.None of the Above n.No Immunity Given

10. If there is an individual Immunity/Survival challenge, where will it take place? 5
a.At the site (immediately following) of the tribal Immunity Challenge b.Different challenge site c.at Tribal Couincil d.Tribal Camp e.Somewhere else not listed f.No individual challenge

11. On Survivor Sucks, Mersaydeez said that one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby). Will we see precisely this in this episode? 15
a.No b.Yes

12. At the end of this episode, how many tribes will there be? 5
a.3 or more b.2 Ulong and Koror c.1 Koror d.1 Ulong e.1 New merged tribe with new name f.None of the above

13. At the end of this episode, how many people will there be on the tribe with the fewest people? 5
a.9 b.4 c.3 d.2 e.1 f.None of the above

14. How many votes will the departing contestant receive against him/her? 5
a.9 b.8 c.7 d.6 e.5 f.4 g.3 h.2 i.1 j.None of the above

15. Will the departing contestant have his or her torch snuffed at tribal council? 10
a.Yes b.No c.None of the above

16. Not counting Coby, who competes for Koror in the tribal Immunity Challenge? 10
a.BobbyJon b.Caryn c.Gregg d.Ian e.Janu f.Jennifer g.Katie h.Stephenie i.Tom j.None of the above

17. Which contestant will be eliminated in this episode? 35

total: 170
Sn'DCS©MMIV

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... kary1371 04-04-05 1
   I'm not playing JTS, so... Brownroach 04-05-05 16
       RE: I'm not playing JTS, so... Devious Weasel 04-05-05 18
       RE: I'm not playing JTS, so... kary1371 04-05-05 28
           RE: I'm not playing JTS, so... bobscure 04-05-05 31
           RE: I'm not playing JTS, so... Brownroach 04-06-05 35
               RE: I'm not playing JTS, so... kary1371 04-06-05 43
                   RE: I'm not playing JTS, so... emydi 04-06-05 45
 RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... sylvester 04-04-05 2
   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... kary1371 04-04-05 3
 RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... volsfan 04-04-05 4
   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... kary1371 04-05-05 5
       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... emydi 04-05-05 6
       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Devious Weasel 04-05-05 9
           RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Krautboy 04-05-05 11
               RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Devious Weasel 04-05-05 12
                   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... emydi 04-05-05 14
                       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... heresy 04-05-05 15
                           RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Brownroach 04-05-05 17
                               RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... television 04-05-05 19
                                   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Brownroach 04-05-05 20
       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Krautboy 04-05-05 10
           RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... kary1371 04-05-05 27
               RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Krautboy 04-05-05 29
                   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... kary1371 04-05-05 33
 RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Loree 04-05-05 7
   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Krautboy 04-05-05 8
       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... emydi 04-05-05 13
           RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Wezzie 04-05-05 21
               RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Krautboy 04-05-05 22
                   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Wezzie 04-05-05 24
                       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Brownroach 04-05-05 25
                           RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Wezzie 04-05-05 26
                       So this indicates... AyaK 04-05-05 30
                           RE: So this indicates... Wezzie 04-05-05 32
                           RE: So this indicates... emydi 04-06-05 36
                               But... KObrien_fan 04-06-05 37
                                   RE: But... emydi 04-06-05 38
                                       RE: But... Brownroach 04-06-05 39
                                           RE: But... emydi 04-06-05 40
                                   RE: But... Scarlett O Hara 04-06-05 41
                                       RE: But... emydi 04-06-05 42
                                           RE: But... kary1371 04-06-05 44
                                           I agree Emy aethelstan 04-07-05 50
 RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... sharonk52 04-05-05 23
   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... littletown 04-05-05 34
 Immunity Challenge? biancaxxx 04-06-05 46
   RE: Immunity Challenge? Seraphaem 04-06-05 47
       RE: Immunity Challenge? biancaxxx 04-07-05 48
           RE: Immunity Challenge? kary1371 04-07-05 49
               RE: Immunity Challenge? biancaxxx 04-07-05 51
                   RE: Immunity Challenge? aethelstan 04-07-05 52
                       RE: Immunity Challenge? Brownroach 04-07-05 56
               RE: Immunity Challenge? volsfan 04-07-05 53
                   RE: Immunity Challenge? emydi 04-07-05 54
                       RE: Immunity Challenge? volsfan 04-07-05 55
                       RE: Immunity Challenge? kary1371 04-07-05 57
 RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... kary1371 04-08-05 58
   RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... Krautboy 04-08-05 59
       RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool e... redbeard103152 04-08-05 60
       Answers... Brownroach 04-08-05 61
           RE: Answers... Corvis 04-08-05 62
               Great job SK! biancaxxx 04-08-05 63
           RE: Answers... kary1371 04-08-05 64
               RE: Answers... Brownroach 04-08-05 65

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-05 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Edited so those who don't play can have the answers according to Snewser!

1. Which Koror players take part in the tribal Reward Challenge?

E. Ian and Tom (5)

2. Will any of the Survivors be shown eating fruit bat in this episode?

A. No (10)

3. What best describes the Reward Challenge in this episode?

B. Eating gross food (10)

4. Who will win the Reward Challenge in this episode?

L. Koror (15)

5. According to CBS, "Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision." Whose opinion reigns supreme in the final decision?

J. Tom (5)

6. Who feels "defeated and annoyed with the final decision"?

G. Jennifer (5)

7. What is the Reward?

C. Toiletries (10)

8. What best describes the tribal Immunity Challenge in this episode?

A. Challenge involving water (5)

9. Who will be awarded Immunity first?

K. Koror (15)

10. If there is an individual Immunity/Survival challenge, where will it take place?

C. At the tribal council site (5)

11. On Survivor Sucks, Mersaydeez said that one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby). Will we see precisely this in this episode?

B. Yes (15)

12. At the end of this episode, how many tribes will there be?

B. Two - Koror and Ulong (5)

13. At the end of this episode, how many people will there be on the tribe with the fewest people?

E. One (5)

14. How many votes will the departing contestant receive against him/her?

J. None of the above or inconclusive (5)

15. Will the departing contestant have his or her torch snuffed at tribal council?

A. Yes (10)

16. Not counting Coby, who competes for Koror in the tribal Immunity Challenge?

C. Gregg (10)

17. Which contestant will be eliminated in this episode?

A. Bobby Jon (35)

Total Points 170

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I'm not playing JTS, so..."
...these are my guesses :

1. Which Koror players take part in the tribal Reward Challenge? E. Ian and Tom

2. Will any of the Survivors be shown eating fruit bat in this episode? B. Yes

3. What best describes the Reward Challenge in this episode? B. Eating gross food

4. Who will win the Reward Challenge in this episode? L. Koror

5. According to CBS, "Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision." Whose opinion reigns supreme in the final decision? J. Tom

6. Who feels "defeated and annoyed with the final decision"? C. Coby

7. What is the Reward? F. None of the above is correct or inconclusive

8. What best describes the tribal Immunity Challenge in this episode? A. Challenge involving water

9. Who will be awarded Immunity first? K. Koror

10. If there is an individual Immunity/Survival challenge, where will it take place? B. At a different challenge site (not at tribal council)

11. On Survivor Sucks, Mersaydeez said that one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby). Will we see precisely this in this episode? A. No

12. At the end of this episode, how many tribes will there be? B. Two - Koror and Ulong

13. At the end of this episode, how many people will there be on the tribe with the fewest people? E. One

14. How many votes will the departing contestant receive against him/her? I. None of the above

15. Will the departing contestant have his or her torch snuffed at tribal council? B. No

16. Not counting Coby, who competes for Koror in the tribal Immunity Challenge? C. Gregg

17. Which contestant will be eliminated in this episode? A. Bobby Jon

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I'm not playing JTS, so..."
Of those, the only ones I disagree with are 4 and 5. I think Ulong wins and Steph is disappointed.

04-05-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I'm not playing JTS, so..."
I agree with you on most BR, though I am wondering if we are all getting fooled...

I would think that the torch will be snuffed though... it kind of has to... unless someone quits... No?!

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-05, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: I'm not playing JTS, so..."
Kary, trust your gut. Wezzie's spoiler is correct. The pieces are falling into place.

04-06-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: I'm not playing JTS, so..."
I would think that the torch will be snuffed though...

It won't get snuffed at Tribal Council if the event is not called a Tribal Council and/or doesn't take place on the TC set.

04-06-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
43. "RE: I'm not playing JTS, so..."
Few things are sacred in Survivor but snuffing out a torch at TC is a must, unless the person quits...

So no matter what they do, it will be at TC and once (BJ) loses I strongly believe it's going to be : You need to bring me your torch... torch snuffed, BJ, the tribe has spoken!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: I'm not playing JTS, so..."
I agree kary...FWIW..which usually isn't much

I think the whole darn thing happens at TC...but NYUKnuckles has to find me that picture

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Is 35 the normal boot points total, or is that more than normal?

Sorry, I don't play Snewser's game, just wondering if he's telling us we're wrong.

Please call me Cat!!

04-04-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
It's been 30 up to now Cat, but I've never seen a total of 170 before, so that might explain it...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Holy crap. I posted the fruit bat speculation in the misdirection thresd. I hope I am right!

04-05-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
I think you might be...

What concerns me is the number of points on the boot (not just for the name itself)

Who will be awarded Immunity first? 15

If there is an individual Immunity/Survival challenge, where will it take place? 5

On Survivor Sucks, Mersaydeez said that one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby). Will we see precisely this in this episode?15

At the end of this episode, how many tribes will there be? 5

How many votes will the departing contestant receive against him/her? 5

Will the departing contestant have his or her torch snuffed at tribal council? 10

Which contestant will be eliminated in this episode? 35

For a total of 90/170.

Would Snewser ask that many questions if BJ was going home this week? We would get all these answers right... think about it...

04-05-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Yes, I think Snewser would ask this just to throw us off... I think Mersaydeez is right with a BJ boot and I'm not switching this week...don't let me SKickers!!!

04-05-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Except there is a lot of debate about some of those questions. For instance, will there be one or two tribes left at the end of the episode? If the episode ends with Steph going off to spend the night by herself, then there are still two tribes left. And if there is a fire building challenge, then will there be a torch snuffing? I'd say not - I'd say both are trying to light their torches.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-05-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Dweasel: I was thinking about the torch snuffing as well...with the exception of the first time to TC, don't the contestants arrive at TC with their torches already burning? In which case they would both have to be snuffed before they could compete to re-light them.

Krautboy

04-05-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
True. But when we see the torches lying around at camp, or when they start off to TC, they aren't lit. So sometime between going to TC and the start of TC they must relight the torches.

04-05-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
I don't know if this helps or not but Paschal, who was also not technically voted out got his torch snuffed....I just can't remember if Jiffy said "The Tribe has spoken." But I think he did. The four of them did have 2 minutes to decide whether to unbreak the tie and did not, so I guess technically, the tribe spoke...

Final Episode of S4

I think BJ's torch will be snuffed too...the tribe...well, Steph, has spoken by beating him in a fire challenge...I just think it's too symbolic, so unless you quit, ala Osten, you get your torched snuffed....

and didn't they say it to Carl the Dentist when he lost the trivia thing to Lindsey in Episode 3 of Africa?

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Everybody who has been eliminated at tribal council has had their torch snuffed, even Osten. However, his torch was displayed on its side (as opposed to standing up) as punishment for quitting.

At this point, the only survivors we have not seen getting their torch snuffed are Mike S. (Australia -- injured, not back for immunity challenge), Jenna M. and Sue Hawk (A$$ -- quit outside of tribal council).

He did say "The tribe has spoken" for Paschal. I'm not sure about Osten, though. I remember the speech being different, but have blotted that season from my mind.

04-05-05, 03:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
I'm not sure about Osten, though. I remember the speech being different, but have blotted that season from my mind.

I'm pretty sure he said: "Osten...GO HOME."

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
I think the exact wording was (and this is just from memory): "Osten... as per your wishes - go home".

Ouch.

04-05-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Yes! That was it.

04-05-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
35 points is only 20% of the total...which is the lowest percentage Snewer has assigned to the bootee pick all season. I wouldn't expect any surprises...

Krautboy

04-05-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
My point though, is that if you go with BJ, there are a lot of points attached(how many people left, how many voted the person, how many tribes in the end....) for a total of 90/170 which is more than half of the points...

It just make me wonder if he would bother asking the questions and naming mersaydeez if it were all correct, if you go with what she said, it's pretty easy, there would be a few harder ones but not much point attached...

Is there something behind this? He did say that in the end, everybody would be wrong, is this where it starts is the question?!?!?!!

04-05-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Kary: Snewser explained his comment a while back. See the discussion here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5784&forum=DCForumID2&omm=42

I think the focus on the TC and the events leading up to it, is because that's the area we're most uncertain about. Not the boot itself, just the events surrounding the boot. His questions about fruit bats and Mersaydeez, also indicate he may have some doubts about the complete accuracy of that speculation as well...

It's not always clear how much detailed information Snewser has, but he is very good at assessing the more difficult or unresolved questions and that's usually the basis for his game.

Krautboy

04-05-05, 10:08 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Thanks KB! Love your insight!

Now if can only make my mind up and stop changing my answers I might get a decent early bird bonus!!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
>>>9. Who will be awarded Immunity first? 15
a.BobbyJon b.Caryn c.Coby d.Gregg e.Ian f.Janu g.Jennifer h.Katie i.Stephenie j.Tom k.Koror l.Ulong m.None of the Above n.No Immunity Given

Could the important word here be "first"? What if Ulong is awarded Immunity first by mistake. That would explain Steph looking so happy and Coby being upset. Then it is realized that Ulong should be disqualified and Koror really gets immunity.

04-05-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
That's an interesting idea Loree...I read it as the "first" immunity being the tribal immunity and the "second" being individual immunity given to the winner of the tie-breaker at TC.

Krautboy

04-05-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
That's how I read it too KB....but Loree brings up a good question....

and as for torch snuffing..I think it does occur because that's a very symbolic part of Survivor and I see Jiffy extinguishing the torch of the person gone... I think if a fire challenge occurs the torches will not be involved and they will walk in like normal with torches lit.

Wezzie 72 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
There was a mistake, but it wasn't during the swimming Immunity Challenge. I don't think it will even be shown on TV, as a matter of fact.

04-05-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Hi Wezzie: Nice of you to stop by!

Tell us more...if you can. You obviously have a source again this season...should we start calling you Snezzie or Wezzer?

Krautboy

04-05-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Hi, Krautboy. I know a few things this year, but bianca and Mersaydeez seem to know the same things and MORE, so I'm laying low. Those two are super.

As far as this ep, from what I hear (direct quote), "Jolanda is the only Ulong to win immunity." I hope that helps. Boy, JTS is hard!!! This is my first year and I'm going nuts! Well, not PRECISELY nuts, but close enough.

04-05-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Hi Wezzie!

Do you think that would mean Stephenie never wins an individual immunity after she gets shunted over to Koror as well?

04-05-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
I don't know, but that's a good question. If I find out, I'll let you all know. Tit for tat... I've enjoyed reading your discussions. I'm glad I can share a tidbit now and then.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "So this indicates..."
...that the fire-starting is more in the nature of a tie-breaker, like the Lindsey-Carl "questions of survival facts" in Ep. 3 of Survivor: Africa, not an IC.

That would make more sense than relying on a "purple rock" in a situation where neither individual could change his or her vote.

04-05-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
32. "RE: So this indicates..."
That's a good comparison, AyaK.

Just a warning. As you probably know, I don't usually spoil the game (well, anyway). My interest is in the early location stuff..culture, tourist spots like jellyfish lake, milky way, Roymata's grave, etc. This year (unsolicited and quite by surprise)a bunch of stuff was tossed my way. I've been kind of quiet about it because I'm not sure if it's true. Time will tell.

04-06-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
36. "RE: So this indicates..."
Right, Ayak!!

So it all happens at TC (question in JTS) and BJ gets 1 vote (question in JTS), Steph gets one vote.... a tie breaker fire challenge occurs, and his torch is snuffed (question in JTS), just like Dr. Carl's was in S3 when he got 4 votes, Lindsey got 4 votes and then he lost the question/answer tiebreaker!!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "But..."
In a tie situation he always tells the two "your votes cancel each other out so you won't be voting", why would this be any different? Steph and BJ will arrive at TC, JP asks them some questions and then says "Here is how this is going to work. Steph, your vote would be for BJ, BJ your vote would be for Steph, so there would be a tie and so in essence we don't need to have a vote. But, what we are going to do is have a fire buidling challenge as a tie breaker and the winner will get to stay, the loser will go to loser lodge"

Since they never actually vote, I believe the answer will be "none of the above".

04-06-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
38. "RE: But..."
I know, but could Snewser count Steph's vote/non vote as a vote, anyway?

In the F3, on the CBS site, they do list who the non immunity winners vote for even though they don't "actually vote" Here is
Final three vote from S9 as an example...

The last answer is none of the above or inconclusive...so I guess it could be inconclusive...I'm not sure about this one, but I'm going to take a risk (right, Beebs? )and pick one....but I am sure that his torch gets snuffed...

04-06-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
39. "RE: But..."
The torch-snuffing question is tough -- the main point seems to be whether the torch is lit and then snuffed or not, but Snewser says "at Tribal Council," so I am thinking that if there is no reference to "tribal council", the answer would be "no". But maybe Snewser is not that nit-picky.

But I'm not playing JTS so maybe I should shut up.

04-06-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
40. "RE: But..."
Oh, I think everything happens at the TC site...all the previous tie breakers were held there and I don't think they need that much room and if they do, they can move the juror's and survivors' seats out of the way for a bit...

I am playing the JTS and I think I should shut up , you though, my friend, are required to keep talking for the good of the SB spoiling audience

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: But..."
I agree with what KOF said. She is right ... there will be no vote because the votes would cancel out eachother. Therefore, no Ulong other than Jolanda will win immunity (what Wezzie said). Koror wins immunity and we strongly suspect that Stephanie wins the "Survival" contest.

Scarlett

04-06-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
42. "RE: But..."
Snewswer has been known to be quite precise...and I think there is a good possibility he will count one vote against BJ...as on the CBS website, votes not actually written down (F3 vote) are still listed as "official votes" on the voting history page. I'm probably wrong, but I may be the only one right

I'm such a lone wolf...

04-06-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
44. "RE: But..."
Yes I think he is quite precise, but for some reason I don't think that "official votes" will be counted, as they don't actally happen...

Emy, that would be a good LWB for you!

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "I agree Emy"
When we are down to F3, Jeff always says: "brak brak brak (TM) your two votes cancel each other out". This means that the votes have been considered as cast but they don't bother going through the mechanics of it.

The question for tonight's episode is:
Will Jeff say "your votes cancel each other out." Implication: each did cast a vote.
OR
Will Jeff say "with two people left, a vote is meaningless so we won't have one. Instead, we'll do this." Implication: no votes are cast.

©Forged by RolldDice, 2004
World Travel Tips
(TM) Landruajm

sharonk52 65 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharonk52 Click to send private message to sharonk52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
1. Which Koror players take part in the tribal Reward Challenge?
E. Ian and Tom

2. Will any of the Survivors be shown eating fruit bat in this episode?
B. Yes

3. What best describes the Reward Challenge in this episode?
B. Eating gross food

4. Who will win the Reward Challenge in this episode?

A. Bobby Jon

5. According to CBS, "Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision." Whose opinion reigns supreme in the final decision?

A. Bobby Jon

6. Who feels "defeated and annoyed with the final decision
I. Stephenie

7. What is the Reward?
A. A traditional Palauan feast

8. What best describes the tribal Immunity Challenge in this episode?
A. Challenge involving water

9. Who will be awarded Immunity first?

I. Stephenie

10. If there is an individual Immunity/Survival challenge, where will it take place?
C. At the tribal council site

11. On Survivor Sucks, Mersaydeez said that one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby). Will we see precisely this in this episode?

B. Yes

12. At the end of this episode, how many tribes will there

B. Two - Koror and Ulong

13. At the end of this episode, how many people will there be on the tribe with the fewest people?
E. One

14. How many votes will the departing contestant receive against him/her?
J. None of the above or inconclusive

15. Will the departing contestant have his or her torch snuffed at tribal council
B. No

16. Not counting Coby, who competes for Koror in the tribal Immunity Challenge?

B. Caryn

17. Which contestant will be eliminated in this episode?

A. Bobby Jon

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
1. Which Koror players take part in the tribal Reward Challenge? 5
e.Ian and Tom

2. Will any of the Survivors be shown eating fruit bat in this 10
b.Yes

3. What best describes the Reward Challenge in this episode? 10
b.Eating GrossFood

4. Who will win the Reward Challenge in this episode? 15
k.Pair of Koror

5. According to CBS, "Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision." Whose opinion reigns supreme in the final decision? 5
j.Tom

6. Who feels "defeated and annoyed with the final decision"? 5
c.Coby

7. What is the Reward? 10
a.Palauan Feast

8. What best describes the tribal Immunity Challenge in this episode? 5
a.Challenge involving water

9. Who will be awarded Immunity first? 15
ulong

10. If there is an individual Immunity/Survival challenge, where will it take place? 5
f.No individual challenge

11. On Survivor Sucks, Mersaydeez said that one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby). Will we see precisely this in this episode? 15
a.No

12. At the end of this episode, how many tribes will there be? 5
b.2 Ulong and Koror

13. At the end of this episode, how many people will there be on the tribe with the fewest people? 5
d.2

14. How many votes will the departing contestant receive against him/her? 5
d.6

15. Will the departing contestant have his or her torch snuffed at tribal council? 10
a.Yes

16. Not counting Coby, who competes for Koror in the tribal Immunity Challenge? 10
b.Caryn

17. Which contestant will be eliminated in this episode? 35
c.Coby

total: 170
Sn'DCS©MMIV

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Immunity Challenge?"
Wezzie posted this over at Sucks..

"There's nothing in the rules about a two person tie. This is as close to our situation as I could find:

However, the rock-picking tie breaker shall not apply to a tie that exists among the final four Contestants. In the event that a deadlock tie exists among the final four contestants, the two Contestants who are tied shall compete against each other in a challenge to be decided in the sole discretion of the Producer. The first tied Contestant to successfully compete or win in that challenge shall be immune from elimination and the other tied Contestant shall be eliminated.

SEG calls it a challenge in the contract they gave THIS SET OF SURVIVORS."

So do you guys think that it would be an immunity challenge? technically it is...and they do mention that the player would be "immune" from elimination

I don't know what to do lol.

Seraphaem 66 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seraphaem Click to send private message to Seraphaem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 11:26 PM (EST)

Forgive my attempt at actual spoiling, but I'm bored.

If you think about it, why would a fire challenge be held at TC (i.e. what if Koror lost and went to TC?) TC is always at night after the IC loss. The time constraints on building a fire course within a few hours makes no sense, even if they had any inkling that Ulong would lose beforehand.

The same goes with the Ulong camp (or in this case a cave they've relocated to). They'd have to immediately build a challenge course while they're at the water IC not knowing whether they'd win or lose. If Ulong won I'm sure they'd ask about why a course is set up near their cave.

The most logical choice would be to have a stand-by location in the event Ulong loses, pre-set with a tie-breaker challenge course (and most likely held at night).

Couple this with the SEG contract specifics and you should have a "YES" answer in the JTS game.

S.

04-07-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
Excellent logic right there, Sera!

You are right, it would make no sense at all to have it at TC (unless the fire they must build is really small)

04-07-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
I just have a hard time believing one could go without being snuffed out (tradition??) and I don't see that a torch would be snuffed somewhere else, though, if they do such challenge somewhere else, wouldn't the person "eliminated" go to LL right away??

I do see the point of having another site ready, but I don't remember an instance where someone would have be snuffed somewhere else... or maybe I missed something, the first few seasons are a bit of a blur now, let me know if I did, Please!

04-07-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
No, don't worry, I think you are right... and unfortunatly I think both me and Sera's logic is flawed.

We will see...

I am now thinking it is at TC..

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-05 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

The alternate location could be where BJ and Steph are guided and when they arrive (with lit torches), Jeff could great them saying:

"I realize that this is an unusual place for a tribal council but this is an unusual circumstance. There is no need for an urn or voting as there are only two of you and your votes would cancel each other out. As a result, there will not be a vote. Instead, there will be a special one-on-one challenge. The winner gets to stay while the loser goes home. Understood? Good. This brings us to why we are here instead of at the bunker.

This special immunity challenge is for life and as you know fire represents life. So, the first person to build a fire such that the fire cuts through this rope, raising your flag, is the winner. If the rope breaks not as a result of the fire, we will start over. Survivors ready?"

©Forged by RolldDice, 2004
World Travel Tips

04-07-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
This is pretty much what I am envisioning.

I just think it would look ridiculous to have two people trying to get paltry little fires going in the TC location, which already has fire all over the damn place.

04-07-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
I think one thing we have learned is that we can throw "tradition" out the window. We keep going back to pre-season with Jiffy saying that he kept a diary and he realized that there were lots of "first" during this season. So, to say that it has never happened is true but should not be relied upon for spoiling. IMHO.

04-07-05, 10:14 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
Well I think the "firsts" were:

1) Two survivors not actually ever competing

2) A tribe never winning an IC challenge and becoming a tribe of one

3) A shark being whacked with a machete

etc. etc. etc.

I don't think they'll mess with TC, but hey they brought back a dam ghost tribe so...

I still think it will be at TC...it will make it interesting to see what Steph and BJ do waiting to figure out what will happen....

just my 2 cents...

oh, thanks stan for the boost of confidence..I still have ONE vote as my answer

Emy=JTS Lone Wolf

04-07-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
I was talking about whether the fire will be snuffed. However, I agree with you on it happening at TC.

The things you posted about being first are correct but I don't think the list has stop there. There very well could be "firsts" to come.

04-07-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Immunity Challenge?"
Can't wait to see what they will do. I stuck with my no vote, if I'd change my answer now I would loose my 16% early bird bonus, so unless someone tells me it's not BJ going but someone from Koror, (that would sure be a lot of points I wouldn't get!) I'm not touching it!

Good luck to all those playing! Hope Snewserkickers kick butts again!!

04-08-05, 07:19 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Congrats to Snewserkickers! # 1 this week AND overall!

With KrautBoy on Top, followed by Bianca & Corvis! (overall)

Thanks again for your pointers!

Though I personally fell short of the week list I still went up 30 ranks or so in the overall(now 383 and I missed the first 2 weeks), I owe to this board and all the brilliant minds here!

You guys Rock!

04-08-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Impressive performance by Corvis! #1 this week...with the way Bianca and Corvis have been scoring, this may be my last week on top...but at least I'll pass the baton to a fellow SBlows Snewserkicker!

Well done by all at SBlows who contributed!

Krautboy

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-08-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Jump the Shark: Spoiling tool ep 8."
Great week team. Number one team and number 1 individual KB. Way to go. Its amazing how well you can do when you finally overcome the ole up and down weekly disease that you have had for many years lol.RedBeard

04-08-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
61. "Answers..."
I'm curious -- how did Snewser score the Reward Question? Was Toiletries the correct answer? (Because they didn't just get toiletries, they got the water too.)

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-08-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Answers..."
Toiletries was the correct answer.

Yay! Congrats to the team! Woo hoo!

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Let's never let go of that number one spot!

04-08-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
63. "Great job SK!"
We did so good this week, finally took the number 1 spot Well done!

04-08-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Answers..."
I just posted the answers according to Snewser for those who like you don't play!

04-08-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Answers..."
one Immunity Challenge will involve fire starting and will ultimately come down to Stephenie and (later corrected) the remaining male member of Ulong (now Bobby).

Um, excuse me, Snewser, but for a challenge to ultimately come down to two people, don't there have to be more than two participating to begin with?

We did NOT see "precisely this".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •