The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What was she thinking?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

meredysux 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail meredysux Click to send private message to meredysux Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What was she thinking?"
What an idiot. I think she has made a huge mistake in saying goodbye to dreamy Matt. I'll betca she and Ian are no longer together...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What was she thinking? redheaded_sweetheart 02-25-04 1
   RE: What was she thinking? meredysux 02-25-04 3
   RE: What was she thinking? redheaded_sweetheart 02-25-04 4
       RE: What was she thinking? pandorella 02-25-04 9
   RE: What was she thinking? Loree 02-26-04 34
 RE: What was she thinking? Lubey 02-25-04 2
   RE: What was she thinking? AMAI 02-25-04 6
       I agree Tiggertramp 02-25-04 8
           RE: I agree Nascargirl48 02-25-04 10
               RE: I agree Loree 02-26-04 35
                   RE: I agree AMAI 02-26-04 48
 RE: What was she thinking? Dana C 02-25-04 5
 FYI Spidey 02-25-04 7
 RE: What was she thinking? Rockytop Chick 02-25-04 11
 RE: What was she thinking? SurvivorBlows 02-26-04 12
   RE: What was she thinking? Tiggertramp 02-26-04 13
       RE: What was she thinking? tarmaq 02-26-04 14
           RE: What was she thinking? lennon29 02-26-04 16
           It's all in the ratings Tiggertramp 02-26-04 43
               RE: It's all in the ratings qwertypie 02-27-04 54
       RE: What was she thinking? missygirl3 02-26-04 28
       RE: What was she thinking? reality_gal 02-26-04 38
       RE: What was she thinking? girlinterrupted 02-26-04 53
   RE: What was she thinking? realitycoholic 02-26-04 15
       RE: What was she thinking? SurvivorBlows 02-26-04 25
   RE: What was she thinking? AMAI 02-26-04 17
       RE: What was she thinking? Karennz 02-26-04 18
       RE: What was she thinking? SurvivorBlows 02-26-04 26
           RE: What was she thinking? AMAI 02-26-04 49
       RE: What was she thinking? EnglProf 02-26-04 45
           RE: What was she thinking? Loree 02-26-04 47
   RE: What was she thinking? smiley 02-26-04 19
   I knew Breezy 02-26-04 20
   RE: What was she thinking? Loree 02-26-04 36
 Did he? Breezy 02-26-04 21
   RE: Did he? Siren 02-26-04 22
       RE: Did he? OverIt 02-26-04 41
   RE: Did he? rjchocolab 02-26-04 24
   RE: Did he? hkb1946 02-26-04 32
 Live "After THe Rose" tonight SurvivorBlows 02-26-04 23
   RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight true 02-26-04 27
       RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight silesia18 02-26-04 30
       RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight hkb1946 02-26-04 33
       RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight RealiTVJunky 02-26-04 37
 RE: What was she thinking? littlemisssmartypants 02-26-04 29
   RE: What was she thinking? Shereebie 02-26-04 31
       RE: What was she thinking? LeftPinky 02-26-04 39
           RE: What was she thinking? pandorella 02-26-04 44
 RE: What was she thinking? Lubey 02-26-04 40
 RE: What was she thinking? quickbrightthings 02-26-04 42
   RE: What was she thinking? pandorella 02-26-04 46
       Can't we support both minkey 02-26-04 50
           RE: matthew leogirl_21 02-26-04 51
 RE: What was she thinking? realtvrocks 02-26-04 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-04, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Not only is she an idiot, she's a lyin' little _____ (choose your own)....I'm not surprised she picked Ian, although I think Matthew would be a MUCH better choice...but the girl had the nerve to tell Matthew she would be honored if this ended with a proposal...practically begged him to propose to her and then dumped him...all in the same week! She has NO CLASS!!!

meredysux 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail meredysux Click to send private message to meredysux Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Yes, I think that he was horribly misled. Poor Matt. I'll give him some noggin' lovin.

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Yeah, I know it's weird replying to yourself...but I had to vent. Now after watching Ian's proposal, I have to say it was romantic as all get out and they do look truly happy...and while I still think she did Matt wrong...I don't wish her any bad luck.

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-25-04, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What was she thinking?"
When i'm wrong, i'm wrong... Matt was my favorite too but the passion was missing between Matt and Mer.And it is definitely there with Ian!

That was very romantic to watch and who isn't a sucker for a love story and 2 people willing to take a risk? Meredith wanted a ring but knew how Ian felt about that and Ian wasn't planning to get so involved. They both took a huge risk and it was a great ending.Bravo!!! Good for them and the best of luck.

Watching Matt and Meredith together was like watching an old married couple.They acted like they cared for each other but the fun and excitement and magic was missing.

It was a surprise ending and i loved it.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: What was she thinking?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-04 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

>Not only is she an idiot,
>she's a lyin' little _____
>(choose your own)....I'm not surprised
>she picked Ian, although I
>think Matthew would be a
>MUCH better choice...but the girl
>had the nerve to tell
>Matthew she would be honored
>if this ended with a
>proposal...practically begged him to propose
>to her and then dumped
>him...all in the same week!
> She has NO CLASS!!!
>

I couldn't have said it better. She did not have to say that to Matthew. She deliberately gave him hope and then publicly dumped him. And then she cried and wanted him to comfort her. Like it was all about her. He left with more class than she could ever hope to have. I am glad she picked Ian because they deserve each other. She wanted the men to all want her for her own ego. And she used and deliberately hurt Matthew to make her own ego feel better that "Hey, both guys want me". Meredith sure showed us what she is like. And it's not pretty. Why beg a guy you don't want to propose to you on TV? To humiliate him and make yourself feel wanted. That is why. What a B!tch. Lucky Matthew is free of her.

Lubey 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lubey Click to send private message to Lubey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What was she thinking?"
She picked who SHE wanted, not what we wanted. She knows what's best for her and knows what she likes. As of this morning (saw her on a live interview) they are still together and very much in love. She deserve to be happy and I am sure Matthew is fine. Probably has girls lining up for him. Meredith is a great girl and I hope they are very happy together.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-25-04, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Thanks for that wee update, Lubey (about how they're still together.) Glad to see someone agrees with me around here.

For the first time EVER, I'm actually going to watch the After The Rose special with interest.

I've liked Ian since absolutely the very first moment we saw him. Every time he was onscreen I could sense passion with them. I think that for two people who find it difficult to communicate feelings, it's right they should have met this way.

I think Matt's accent might have reminded her of Lanny and made her a little wary.

It's a shame she said what she said about being honored if Mattt would present her with a ring, but I guess it's all getting caught up in the moment.

I'm REALLY happy she picked Ian. Recap should be up by Saturday.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-25-04, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I agree"
I agree AMAI...I admit, They had me with the editting, I was rooting for Matthew along with everyone else, I was praying he wouldn't get out of the limo first, "Please please PLEASE DON'T BE HIM!!! Don't let it be Matt that get's dumped!" My husband was laughing at me for talking to the TV, which I never ever do...And when it WAS him I was devastated along with him, ABC had me crying with him dang it! I was crabby!

BUT. Ian pulled me back in. Showed me that Meredith and he really made the right choice for each other and what ABC wanted US to want and the feelings they were emitting in us with the editting process. I feel for Matthew, I really do. I know he fell hard. But I know that Ian and Meredith are truly meant for each other.

It's all smoke and mirrors people. I liked Matthew too, but Meredith is happy, so I am happy for her and Ian. I wish them well.

Nascargirl48 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-25-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nascargirl48 Click to send private message to Nascargirl48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I agree"
>BUT. Ian pulled me back in. Showed me that Meredith and
>he really made the right
>choice for each other and
>what ABC wanted US to
>want and the feelings they
>were emitting in us with
>the editting process. I feel
>for Matthew, I really do.
>I know he fell hard.
>But I know that Ian
>and Meredith are truly meant
>for each other.
>
>It's all smoke and mirrors people.
>I liked Matthew too, but
>Meredith is happy, so I
>am happy for her and
>Ian. I wish them well.

Well said Tigger. The ending with Ian was all I could hope for for Mere. I'm sorry Matt got hurt but I have no doubt the perfect girl is out there for him. Mere is getting bashed for following her heart and that is wrong. It was never our choice but hers and hers alone. I wish Mere and Ian all the happiness in the world!!!! Big thumbs up for Mere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

02-26-04, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: I agree"
I don't think there is anything wrong with Meredith following her heart. But she never should of led Matt along like that. If she wanted Ian - Fine. But don't hurt someone else to make yourself feel popular.

I knew she was picking Ian by the editing lastnight. Matt was getting the same editing that Charlie got with Trista. He was set up for the fall.

02-26-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: I agree"
Some good points were made over at the TWoP forums today, about how Matt could have been given some kind of heads-up, and been given the opportunity to play the role of rejected lover.

Hi I'm Matt and I'll be your rejectee this evening.

His ability to articulate such complex feelings all while looking like a Harrods' fish, smacks of a little bit of artistry.

He looks like he'd be perfect to play the role of the young doctor on General Hospital who's just moved to The Big City from Hicksville, DownSouth, with his newly minted diploma, ready to wave a scalpel around and bed the hot nurses.

What is all the Matt love based on?

Dana C 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dana%20C Click to send private message to Dana%20C Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What was she thinking?"
She is an idiot. Matthew was the kind of man that would of stood by her and shown her so much love. Plus, how much more handsome was he than Ian? What the hell was she thinking? Poor Matthew. She so led him on. They seemed to be so much more in love than her and Ian. These damn reality shows never end the way they should. Stupid Meredith-Matthew was the one...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "FYI"
Common courtesy on these boards is to avoid posting spoilers until after the show has aired, or at least put filler in. For West Coast peeps, the show hasn't even started yet and their finale viewing could be ruined if they come onto the boards before the show.

I felt really sorry for Matt too.

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-25-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What was she thinking?"
During the show, I heard her say that she had to choose between stability and comfort with Matthew and adventure and passion with Ian. I agree with her, and if it were my choice, I would have gone with the passion too. I knew that Matthew would be broken-hearted and I felt bad for him. But he handled that with SO MUCH CLASS. I just adore Matthew

Who are you to call her an idiot for choosing the man she believes is the right one for her?????

Now that being said, I'm off to Friendswood, TX. seems there's a really really hot guy there who just moght be ready to rebound.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Was it just me noticing for the first time, or did Ian make it clear tonight that he has no place to live and no job?

Just wondering why such a big deal was made about Chad's situation and why Ian comparatively got off scott free...

02-26-04, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What was she thinking?"
You're right Webby, I was thinking the exact same thing. We didn't find out until NOW. I was shocked. How come it wasn't a big thing?

Over all I am happy for them, but at the same time, does this guy have any goals? Plans? Anything? Or does he plan to travel and pick up jobs here and there? It was weird.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What was she thinking?"
I still think she is missing a few noodles. Trista picked substance over flash; why couldn't Meredith do the same? I've dated the flaky, exciting guys... but I adore the man I married - someone who gave me that feeling of peace and comfort (and there's plenty of passion).

It was also SO WRONG of her to say what she did to Matthew to lead him on.

It was also dirty of ABC to edit it so we would all be disappointed.

I totally didn't care about the "romantic" proposal Ian gave her - I was still heckling Meredith for her bad decision making. I was secretly hoping she would be yelling "I made a mistake! Matthew, COME BACK!" I don't think this will get to marriage, frankly.

lennon29 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lennon29 Click to send private message to lennon29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Matt's an outstanding guy and the way he handled himself in the face of rejection really showed his character.

BUT I have to say I'm so impressed with Meredith for choosing love over security.

Falling in love always involves taking a leap of faith. And tonight she went for it whole-heartedly. I don't think someone like Trista would have ever picked somebody she didn't think would propose. Meredith did. And I think she opened herself up to so much more by following her instinct.

Love isn't about who looks best or can provide a secure life, it's about finding someone you share a spark and sense of adventure with.
Choosing who you want to adventure through life with.

I've been in relationships that didn't have that extra spark and they've been positive and fun but never amazing. When you have it it's like living everyday life but on a higher level.

I could be wrong but I think her and Ian have that.

On a sidenote, how cool were her parents to be able to look beyond his seeming instability - and focus on the fact that he and Meredith really had something.

02-26-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
43. "It's all in the ratings"
Take a deep breath, it's only TV! It's not your best friend, your sister, your mother, or you.

"It was also SO WRONG of her to say what she did to Matthew to lead him on."

"It was also dirty of ABC to edit it so we would all be disappointed."

It was a TV show, It's the BASIS of the TV show, the plot, the point, the purpose of the whole thing to CHOOSE between two people. The purpose of the editting process is to keep you guessing AND to get the audience emotionally involved. And according to your post, it worked!

They want to get as many people watching for the "Most Dramatic Rose Ceremony Ever!" during February sweeps to get ratings to be the number one network to make money people. THAT'S what this really is about. The fact that Meredith actually fell in love with Ian is incidental.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: It's all in the ratings"
You got to hand it to the ABC editting team. Bob had even said that as he watched the last bachelor series he was also convinced he had picked Kelly-Jo.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-04, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: What was she thinking?"
I was also thinking the same thing as well. The bottom line is she loves Ian and is very happy. Hopefully they will live happily ever after and not become media whores like Trista.

reality_gal 62 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reality_gal Click to send private message to reality_gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: What was she thinking?"
my gut tells me that he was on the show in the first place cause he is out of a job and was trying to get some fame and maybe popularity out of the show. He knows he is goodlooking and he sure has charms so he is possibly heading to hollywood soon. She is just his ticket there.

p.s i'm a little bitter rite now for her having let matt down like that.

girlinterrupted 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail girlinterrupted Click to send private message to girlinterrupted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Another website referred to Ian as a "vagabond". I found it kinda interesting that the referenced Ian's belongings being in storage and her mother remarking "Sounds familiar, doesn't it?" while looking straight at Meredith. Both of them have their stuff in storage - Ian, investment banker turned pizza dude... gee. Can't wait to be married to that. Passion fades. And when the passion goes you gotta have something a little more solid to hold onto.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What was she thinking?"
On one of the first episodes, it was mentioned that he had "retired" at 29 and had just finished traveling the world for a year and had yet to buy a place. It sounded to me, given that he was an equities trader, that he was fairly wealthy. In any event, he certainly did well enough to do what he did the past year.

02-26-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What was she thinking?"
>It sounded to me, given that he was an
>equities trader, that he was fairly wealthy. In any event,
>he certainly did well enough to do what he did
>the past year.

That's one look at it. The other is that he's the son of a wealthy American businessman who made big $$$ in Brazil (probably in oil or gas.)

I really doubt this guy is a "self made millioniare"... "trust fund slacker" sounds more likely to me.

-SB

02-26-04, 05:52 AM (EST)
17. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Webby, I think the differences are these:

1. The Job
Chad gave Mere to understand that he was employed, "somehow" omitting to mention that he was actually between jobs.

Ian said off the bat that he was travelling the world in search of a mate. We weren't shown it, but she wasn't shocked when he told her parents about his being between careers. He had obviously told her first.

2. Place to Live
Ian told her they were going to friend Damon's place because he didn't have a place and all his stuff is in his storage.
Chad obviously always lived at home, probably would have a hard time leaving.

3. Family background
Mere knew that Ian comes from "a good family" so she's either picked up clues or he's told her enough to have her understand that they are wealthy. He's probably got his own money saved AND has some kind of family trust funds.

So bottom line, he's not hurting for the money to have a place to stay or put food on the table.

4. Job Prospects
A pharmaceutical salesman vs equity investments - Mere described Ian's previous employment as "a serious job."

The job/home issues weren't dealbreakers because he was (1) upfront about them and (2) she's madly attracted to him. Chad just didn't inspire the same kind of attitude.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Maybe it's a generational thing (which is my "subtle" way of saying I'm older than Meredith lol). Matthew laid out his whole life & lifestyle; Ian left so many unaswered questions, especially concerning his relationship with his family. To me, that was a red flag.

Matthew said he pictured going to the grocery store with Meredith; taking walks with Meredith...just mundane things that everyday people do in everyday life. These are the things that Matthew valued, that he wanted to share with her. Not the big-city glitz, not the glamour of traveling here and there. I would be honored to share the daily ins and outs of my life with someone like Matthew.

Yes, two people should care for each other. But good looks and chemistry are what people look for when they're cruising singles bars. I don't believe it's what sustains a real relationship over the years.

I wish Meredith had chosen Matthew. Most especially after the classy way he responded to her decision, and the eloquent way in which he expressed himself. If only I were about 15 years younger...

02-26-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
26. "RE: What was she thinking?"
>Ian said off the bat that he was travelling the world
>in search of a mate. We weren't shown it, but
>she wasn't shocked when he told her parents about his
>being between careers. He had obviously told her first.

I must have missed that part (I don't watch this show too closely.)

I guess what bothers me is if he has no intention of ever being an equities trader again and hasn't been one for a year, then why did we have to see that "NY equities trader" graphic below his name the entire series -- they might have just put "Love-seeking Vagabond" and been done with it.

-SB

02-26-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
49. "RE: What was she thinking?"
It's always more fun to travel the world with a pile o' money in the bank.

And how do you know he won't go back to equities investments? Or find something else to do? She wants to go to cooking school, and now that they've found each other, it would be lovely if they can both put their minds to what they'd really like to do. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

After a few straight weeks' together in the sack, that is

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-26-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: What was she thinking?"
I was kind of perturbed by Meredith saying (as one of Ian's good attributes) that he comes from a "good family." I, too, take this to mean that they have money, which I think is sketchy criteria to consider when choosing someone on a reality dating show. This "good family" is the same family that Ian didn't want to introduce her to because he thought they would put Meredith off. I got the idea his Dad and Step-mom have "baggage." Being "moneyed" must somehow negate this though.

02-26-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
47. "RE: What was she thinking?"
>I was kind of perturbed by
>Meredith saying (as one of
>Ian's good attributes) that he
>comes from a "good family."

How would Meredith know this? Since she never got to meet his parents. And his brother never acted that friendly towards her.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-04, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What was she thinking?"
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I'm sorry but I never liked Ian from the start so I am really disappointed she didn't pick Matthew. The guy has class and he proved himself last night by acting like a true gentleman. I hope Meredy is really happy and by the looks of things she is. Matthew is going to have no problem finding someone now!

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "I knew"
I guess I thought everyone else did too.
Bachelor Brad has been on the morning radio show here tons, and he talked about it before. Said he wasn't sure but he thought Ian's family might have be well off.

02-26-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
36. "RE: What was she thinking?"
I think this is part of the reason Ian didn't want Meredith to meet his parents. He was probably worried they would do what Chad's parents did and let it out of the bag that he was unemployed.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Did he?"
You all seem to think he proposed. Did he? All I heard him say was "Will you?". That could be taken all sorts of ways.
Will you accept this token of my affection?
Will you accept this promise ring?
Will you marry me?
Will you get off my toes, your heels are digging in?
Will you please go brush your teeth?

Siren 246 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siren Click to send private message to Siren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Did he?"
That's a great point, Breezy. You really have to wonder if Ian was so caught up in the moment that he wanted to give her the ring, but wasn't quite equating the ring with what it really represents, i.e., The Rest of Your Life.

That being said, I still can't get over how awkward the New York "meet the family" trip was with Ian. Perhaps it was all in the editing, but I just think he held a lot back and I still don't understand his excuse for not letting her meet any member of his family other than the cynical brother. It's just hard to believe that something like a week or two later he'd be ready to propose marriage to this woman. I don't doubt that he's falling in love with her and his intentions may be pure, but marriage? I just can't see how he can be ready for that after his earlier phobia.

...Siren
Also, I just love Matthew.

OverIt 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OverIt Click to send private message to OverIt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Did he?"
And what about the 'fish in the ocean' comment from his sleezy brother! I about threw my shoe at the TV!

rjchocolab 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjchocolab Click to send private message to rjchocolab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Did he?"
Excellent point, Breezy. Was gonna bring that up myself. Also, how can people think "Will you?" is romantic??? No speech about his love and affection for her, no tears of joy, nothing but "Will you?" Of course I think she should have picked Matt, and I do believe she led him on, but if Meredith is happy, then good for her!

hkb1946 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hkb1946 Click to send private message to hkb1946 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Did he?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-04 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

That was definitely a cheesy proposal, but Meredith was so caught up in the fact that he was on his knees, she probably didn't even notice.

02-26-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
23. "Live "After THe Rose" tonight"
Don't forget folks, tonight's "after the rose" show will be LIVE -- and they'll be taking viewer calls.

I've never watched one of those before, but this one should be fun

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight"
I agree, SB, should be interesting, especially given the hostile attitude against Merideth.

I can't say that Merideth made the wrong choice for her, but if I was her, I'd be furious at how her season was edited. It's been well established that whichever finalist seems to be the sure winner, the other one is chosen. I just don't ever remember the editors painting the chooser in such a bad light.

Matt was made to look like someone who is perfect. Almost too good to be true. Ian on the other hand was shown to be somewhat of a flake. Not wanting to commit, no job, no responsibilities, etc. The fact that they showed Merideth making promises to Matt was the biggest blow.

Just from the way that past shows were edited, I was convinced she would pick Ian. But, once I heard all the things she said to Matt, and about Matt in the finale, I thought Oh, now she just HAS to pick Matt, how could she go back on those words? I can understand that they left out stuff that would favor Ian, just to keep us guessing, but to make Matt look so much like the one, only to have him crushed, just makes Merideth look like a major b!tch! Why would they do that to her?

All I know is I came away from the show feeling like Matt was a very classy guy. The grace and dignity he showed at the final rose ceremony was amazing. Merideth came across like an immature meanie, who led him on way past the point necessary. Ian may be the guy for her, but they never gave us anything to make the audience see that.

*boggle*

silesia18 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silesia18 Click to send private message to silesia18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight"
i must say that matt handled that so incredibly well. i kept thinking she was going to say wait no, i changed my mind!!! he is truly a wonderful man. i am, however, so angry with meredith for basically saying she wanted to marry him!!! that was so wrong! that is my only real disappointment with the show. it is meredith's life and she can pick who she wants, but she never should have told matt she wanted a ring from him. his whole attitude changed then and he was so excited and happy. wrong meredith, just wrong.

hkb1946 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hkb1946 Click to send private message to hkb1946 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight"
I'm with you on how classy Matt seemed to be. I think it'll be a miracle if Meredith and Ian stay together. He showed ambivalence about their relationship with the "do you think we'll make it?" comment. He just struck me as the kind of guy who isn't mature enough to make a life choice in a mate yet.

RealiTVJunky 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealiTVJunky Click to send private message to RealiTVJunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Live "After THe Rose" tonight"
I agree about the editing where Meredy practically tells Matt to propose to her. I kept trying to figure out how they could have done it. Here is my theory...Matt asks her, what do you want out of this, would you want a proposal? And her answer is what we saw...her saying I would be honored if this ended in a ring.

No matter how you slice it though, it was totally misleading and wrong for her to say. After she did, all we kept hearing from Matt was , wow, no one has ever told me they wanted to marry me before, tonight told me what I'd been waiting to hear..that is heartbreaking. If she wants Ian, fine, but don't tell the other guy to give you a ring!

I only hope that on the show tonight, someone brings that up. They have to! But I have a feeling they will try to down play it and go right over it. I have yet to see one of these 'after' shows and been satisfied with unanswered questions or seen any confrontations that we would have expected. Oh well, we'll see..

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: What was she thinking?"
I loved Matt for her too. I just could never see her living in the country. She's much more of a New York kind of lifestyle, and Ian fits into that. He's got all the earmarks of a "born-rich" kind of lifestyle, so my guess is that she'll have nothing to worry about, financially.I'm not sure how I feel about her choice, though. Ian did redeem himself at the end, but I still felt a knot in my stomach (I gotta stop caring so much about tv characters!). I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just wish tthe powers that be wouldn't edit it so much. I know they want us to be surprised, but they always wind up with us being disappointed.
Well, at least there was no baby-talk this season!
Good luck Meredy!

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Completely agree with True.

If she knew, as she is now saying, that Ian was the one for her from the very beginning, why on earth did she tell Matt she'd be honored if it ended with a ring? The things she said to him last night were, to me, the equivalent of her telling him, "If you proposed to me, I'd say yes." I did not understand it, and still don't. She says in her interviews that she was 'pretending' with two of the guys on the Puerto Rico dates. Why? Why would you take it so far with Matthew if you KNEW you were in love with another man already? *boggle*

But, Matt's certainly not going to be hurting for women. He lives 15 minutes away from me, and the local women are NUTS over him.

And his exit? Classiest reality show exit ever. Definitely. I was so proud of him for handling it so well and making himself look like the top notch guy he seems to be. Good show, Matt.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-26-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Yes, Matt's leaving was very classy. But it fits him.

Ian was the best choice for Meredith... I think her mother would have gone for him too. It was interesting that her father clearly liked Matt better (but, what father wouldn't like Matt - he was going to take care of his daughter), but Mom really liked Ian - she liked his sense of adventure (that perhaps she missed??).

They will spend time traveling together (he's living in Hawaii right now according to a couple of websites), meeting his family and deciding where to go with this. I wish them the best (and wish I'd have found an Ian many years ago!!)...

02-26-04, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: What was she thinking?"
They are both hotties.Matt will have NO problem finding the one for him.Who knows,maybe he'll be the next bachelor down the line.Never say never.

It's just that Meredith found Ian more exciting than Matt.That's not a crime.Ian seemed very genuine with his emotions.What made me change my mind about him was that he really seemed to care alot for Meredith.

We tend to get a little over-protective about our realitytv bachelors and bachelorettes and hate the thought of anyone ending up with the wrong person as is the case so many times.(BLAB would have been terrible for Meredith,.. make that anyone)

So we shall see what we shall see.Wouldn't it be nice if they made it?

Lubey 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lubey Click to send private message to Lubey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: What was she thinking?"
One word we all have to remember..EDITING. We saw the best of Matthew and the worst of Ian for a reason. If the show was predictable then not as many people would watch. Viewers= ratings=advertising=$$$$. It's all about the $$ folks and ABC did it well.

No one has the right to call Meredith an idiot for chosing who she believed was best FOR HER. We all do the same thing in our lives, right? Was Matthew led on...of course, but thats the nature of the show. If you don't want to be led on them don't become a contestant on a show where 24 of 25 people get dumped. Matthew is a wonderful person and know one knows that more than Meredith, but she had to go with her heart. Trust me...in a few months, Matthew will be saying "Meredith who"? He'll be just as happy that Meredith didn't pick him as Meredith was that Bob didn't pick her or as happy as Trista is that Alex didn't pick her. Its' all good.

quickbrightthings 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-26-04, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quickbrightthings Click to send private message to quickbrightthings Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Just my thoughts here... Matt was wonderful, incredible, and completely amazing. I agree that his exit was the classiest I've ever seen on reality tv, plus it demonstrated what an incredible strength of character he had.

That being said, I think Meredith did make the right choice for her. It's kind of like that song... oh, how does it go... "he's everything you want, he's everything you need, but you feel nothing for him and you don't know why."

For all that the editing could hide, it could never quite hide the expressions on Meredith's face... at times, she's a very open book. And Matt never made her glow the way that Ian did... even Meredith's mom saw it.

Who knows what it is that moves you, what that little unexplainable something is that really defines falling in love for someone... I don't know that I could describe it, but I think I saw it last night. I believe she made the right choice, and while I was watching the end, I actually believed that they might have found something that can last... but, I guess only time will tell on that front. (And at least, if it does, we probably won't be subjected to another all-pink wedding. )

02-26-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
46. "RE: What was she thinking?"
Couldn't agree with you more quickbrightthings!

It looked like they had reached a more intimate connection (emotionally)and had "it." I thought it was sweet to watch, even though Matt was my favorite pick.

You just couldn't deny that Ian and Meredith had something special.Hope they make it work.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "Can't we support both"
I felt very protective of Matt last night... but also Meredith. People have been heaping judgement on her and saying some pretty nasty things. I knew that Matt was a goner when they showed the whole ring conversation. (OUCH!) They wanted to give us hope that Meredith would choose the safer, more appealing (to most) man. I have to say I loved how they portayed Matt. It gave me new hope for princes and horses and all that. I don't think she intended to "lead him on". She got caught in the moment and then couldn't take what she said back. She had honest feelings for him and really WANTED to fall head-over-heels, but there was just that pesky Ian problem. It may be clear to her now in hindsight that it was always Ian, but I believe she was fighting her feelings during taping.

Someone mentioned an interview were she said she was faking it with 2 of the men in Puerto Rico. She may say that now to protect her relationship with Ian. It would be hard to see your gal falling in love with another on TV - might make you a tad jealous. Plus, once again, the whole hindsight thing.

I totally support Meredith and Ian and think they are better suited for one another. That doesn't mean I don't adore Matt. How could I not... You could almost see his teeth glint in the sun. She was being kind by letting him go. Not because he deserves better... but because he deserves different.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: matthew"
I am disappointed with the final episode. Not at the fact that Meredith didn't choose Matthew because I knew that she was going to choose Ian from the editing. They made that so obvious. I felt that it was unfair for Matthew to hear such sweetie stories from Meredith and the whole ring and proposal story. I think that she made him think that she was leaning towards choosing him but then...bam! She dumps him!

I guess it was honest for her to go with her heart .. fine .. whatever..but i think that Matthew deserved so much better than that. I really think that Matthew is one in a million! He's great! He handled the rejection with class and respect. I felt terrible for him...in fact, I felt worse for him more than any other rejected bachelor or bachelorette. Life is unfair and I have come to one conclusion through all of this:
Nice guys finish last.
He poured his heart out and I think that he may have a problem opening up to other women but I think that any woman in her right mind would love to have a guy like Matt.....me too!

realtvrocks 5 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realtvrocks Click to send private message to realtvrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: What was she thinking?"
What a complete waste of 2 hours of television. I hate how they make us fall in love with Matt and then SPLAT, Ian is chosen. She loved the fact that he was a great challenge for her; he's mysterious, doesn't show his true feelings, just wants to be a bum and travel the world and he did say to her, this will not end with a ring. You know us girls, we die for a challenge! I give it 3 months.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •