The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Mersaydeez has told us that the last Immunity Challenge before the jury is a Fire-Building Challenge. From the previews, we might conclude that RC this week is the Gross Food Challenge...

While we're waitng for the vidcaps, let's explore some of the questions Brownroach raised in this post:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5843&forum=DCForumID2&omm=24

Brownroach said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I went back and pulled the Mersaydeez posts about the fire challenge and Steph's night alone. Here they are in chronological order of posting:

1. The immunity challenge that is the last one before the jury (don't know what # that would be), is a fire starting competition. The hint that I got is that it comes down to Ibrehem* and Steph. And from that, I think its obvious who wins and becomes a member of the jury and who goes on their vacation.
*We know from later posts that she wasn't told it was Ibrehem, she just assumed it from other info.
2. I don't know how the merge happens. But Stephenie spends a night all alone. First castaway to do that, right?
3. From what I gather, they have a challenge to decide who goes on vacation, and who joins the jury. I said that earlier, and she wins. She definitley spends a night alone, so there is a way.
4. Literally, alone. I was told - "that's never happened before".
5. Plus, I would think that Stephenie would merge with the 8 Koror's after her night alone.
6. I do know she makes the merge, I was saying that I would think that they would all merge together after her night alone.

Post 3's description of the fire-starting challenge contradicts Post 1's, which describes it as an immunity challenge that comes down to two people. If that is the case, it sounds like a post-merge individual IC involving everyone. But Mersaydeez never acknowledges that her two descriptions are different. So is she making an assumption with one or the other of them?
Also, it's unclear if Mer was told that Stephenie's night alone is directly connected to the aftermath of this challenge. Mer's seems to be speculating that it was, but maybe it wasn't?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

A few questions come to mind:

Is the EP8 team Immunity Challenge a Fire-building Challenge or is there a seperate fire-building challenge used only as a tie-breaker?

Is the Gross food Challenge for Reward or is it the Team IC...followed by a fire-building tie-breaker?

Has the Gross Food Challenge ever been for Reward?

Has the fire-building challenge ever been for Immunity?

Is the IC a team fire-building challenge which Ulong loses followed by a tie-breaker at the IC Challenge location, or is the F-B Challenge used as a tie-breaker at TC?

Is there any way Steph could spend a night alone, after a merge?

Are there other scenarios which fit the Mersaydeez Spoiler without resulting in a fire-building tie-breaker between BJ and Stephenie?

Maybe the web promo vidcaps will provide a few answers...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? LibraRising 04-01-05 1
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Bebo 04-01-05 2
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Brownroach 04-01-05 11
   You forgot... ohmyheck 04-01-05 18
       RE: You forgot... applejack93 04-01-05 19
   The Dicque Dance PepeLePew13 04-01-05 20
       RE: The Dicque Dance Loree 04-02-05 24
           RE: The Dicque Dance sharonk52 04-05-05 66
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Devious Weasel 04-01-05 3
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Brownroach 04-01-05 4
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Devious Weasel 04-01-05 5
       RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Brownroach 04-01-05 9
           RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Devious Weasel 04-01-05 10
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? montanagirl 04-01-05 6
       RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Krautboy 04-01-05 14
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Bebo 04-01-05 7
       RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Devious Weasel 04-01-05 8
           RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Krautboy 04-01-05 12
               RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? SFGW 04-01-05 15
               Where arre the sit outs? bobscure 04-02-05 22
                   RE: Where arre the sit outs? volsfan 04-02-05 25
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? Krautboy 04-01-05 13
 Does anyone know volsfan 04-01-05 16
 They can fit in a fire building cha... bobscure 04-01-05 17
 does BJ go this week? mavsfan 04-02-05 21
   RE: does BJ go this week? bobscure 04-02-05 23
       Challenges Debberz13 04-02-05 26
           RE: Challenges KLicK 04-02-05 27
               RE: Challenges volsfan 04-02-05 28
                   RE: Challenges KLicK 04-02-05 29
                       RE: Challenges kingfish 04-02-05 30
                       RE: Challenges whoami 04-02-05 31
           happy Steph I_AM_HE 04-04-05 49
               RE: happy Steph aethelstan 04-05-05 62
                   RE: happy Steph emydi 04-05-05 64
 Immunity Idol Stool? Krautboy 04-02-05 32
   RE: Immunity Idol Stool? tikigirlie 04-03-05 33
       RE: Immunity Idol Stool? Krautboy 04-03-05 34
   RE: Immunity Idol Stool? Brownroach 04-04-05 35
       RE: Immunity Idol Stool? volsfan 04-04-05 36
       RE: Immunity Idol Stool? sylvester 04-04-05 37
       RE: Immunity Idol Stool? Krautboy 04-04-05 38
           RE: Immunity Idol Stool? Brownroach 04-04-05 39
               RE: Immunity Idol Stool? Krautboy 04-04-05 40
                   RE: Immunity Idol Stool? bobscure 04-04-05 41
                       RE: Immunity Idol Stool? Brownroach 04-04-05 42
                           RE: Immunity Idol Stool? bobscure 04-04-05 43
                           RE: Immunity Idol Stool? sylvester 04-04-05 58
                               RE: Immunity Idol Stool? bobscure 04-04-05 59
 Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu? bobscure 04-04-05 44
   RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu?... kingfish 04-04-05 45
   RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu?... KLicK 04-04-05 50
   RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu?... sylvester 04-04-05 60
       RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu?... bobscure 04-04-05 61
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? MJewel 04-04-05 46
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? bobscure 04-04-05 47
       RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? MJewel 04-04-05 52
       RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? katethegreat 04-04-05 57
 RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? MJewel 04-04-05 48
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? I_AM_HE 04-04-05 53
       RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? MJewel 04-04-05 56
   RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge? MJewel 04-04-05 55
 More immunity challenge pics bobscure 04-04-05 51
   RE: More immunity challenge pics I_AM_HE 04-04-05 54
       RE: More immunity challenge pics PepeLePew13 04-05-05 63
           RE: More immunity challenge pics I_AM_HE 04-05-05 65
       RE: More immunity challenge pics LookeeLoo 04-05-05 67
 Puzzle Component Devious Weasel 04-06-05 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"

Yes, but I think only when the family members/visitors did it, not the players themselves.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
>Has the fire-building challenge ever been for Immunity?

You mean you have managed to erase Richard's immunity dance from your memory?

Yup, fire building has been immunity before.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

And Gross Food was for reward in Thailand and A$$, at least, when loved ones competed. So both challenges are either/or, based on previous placements.

ETA: Oops, LibraRising already pointed this out.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-01-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "You forgot..."
Lex's win over Kim P in Africa.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: You forgot..."
And let's not forget in the Outback when Tina's head was on the chopping block very early on after she blew the Gross food immunity challenge because she couldn't eat brain. The gross food challenge is quite possibly the IC.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "The Dicque Dance"
Just so the image gets seared into everyone's consciousness beyond doubt, here it is again...

The Dicque Dance

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Dicque Dance"
Oh the Good Old Days of Survivor. I needed a laugh this morning.

sharonk52 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharonk52 Click to send private message to sharonk52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: The Dicque Dance"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 04:32 PM (EST)

Me2. I had never seen it before. Hilarious!!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
The web promo is up (see the thread I started). There is footage of a swimming challenge which I believe is a new challenge. I think we have three challenges: Group RC, Group IC, then an individual IC between Steph and BJ to see who gets eliminated and who goes on. How else could you decide?

04-01-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 04:33 PM (EST)

As Dweezil noted, the web promo show some kind of swimming challenge. So between that and gross food challenge we should have the regular RC and IC. So the question is: where does a fire-building contest come in?

Edited to add: actually in this cap of BJ or Coby diving into the water there is some sort of contraption on the beach:
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S10E08promoA/S10E08promoA070

Could it be one of those apparatuses with the bucket that they've used in fire-making challenges before? (Montanagirl has the actual cap posted below.)

Is there any way Steph could spend a night alone, after a merge?

I highly doubt it, but Bobscure has an interesting idea in the Misdirection thread. Maybe this week's reward includes inviting one person from the losing tribe (MB's done this before in A$$ when Chapera invited Kathy). If Koror won, and invited Bobby Jon, and it was an overnight reward, that could explain why Stephenie has to spend one night all alone.

04-01-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
But given what was said about the Final Four, would they really invite Bobby Jon over Steph?

04-01-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
I don't know, it's just a scenario. But don't forget that Tom and Caryn voted for BJ to get immunity in Ep 5. Maybe that is what the argument is about that leaves someone feeling annoyed.

04-01-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
The thought had crossed that perhaps someone wanted to give the reward to Ulong (if it's food for winning the gross food challenge, Koror certainly has enough food) and got outvoted. Given the shots of Coby and what he says, he seems to be more in line as the defeated person.

montanagirl 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail montanagirl Click to send private message to montanagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"

(Thanks Phoenix)

Someone at Sucks pointed this out: You can see Jiffy's feet at the water challange. Behind him there are the sit-outs on the beach as well as a tower of some sort and what looks like the II stool. I think the water challange is IC.

THen there is this:

Looks like wet Ulongs (BJ dragging flag) dejected after losing this water challange.

-montanagirl

04-01-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

Good observations Montanagirl...the "wet Ulongs" leaving the IC together without either one wearing an individual immunity necklace suggests Ulong competes as a tribe and goes back to TC.

Once at TC Jeff could say something like..."Fire represents life in this game, whichever one of you creates fire first will survive", the otyher is going home...."

Krautboy

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
So the question is: where does a fire-building contest come in?

Is there anything to suggest that the swimming challenge is for individual immunity? Because if not, then the fire-building contest would mean that Koror wins immunity. Since the votes are deadlocked at Ulong, there has to be some sort of challenge to pick a winner.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

04-01-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Not really - the shot of Steph in the water is under the voiceover "Now they're in for the fight of their lives" in a reference to Ulong.

On the other hand, there isn't anything that clearly says "Tribal Immunity" either. Other than the II stool.

04-01-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
...however, there probably wouldn't be sitouts in an individual IC. unless the sitouts we see were eliminated in an earlier round of the challenge.

Krautboy

SFGW 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
What we know from last week, it's not the same rules anymore for
the Competition. Instead of you not being able to sit out 2 challenges in a row, they switched it to you can not compete in 2 challenges in a row.

RC - Gross Food Eating Contest - who knows - nothing to support any of them competing except shots of Kathy laughing.

Team IC you can see Coby competing and a shot of Greggs wet hair on the lower right corner of the picture where Coby looks surprised.

Maybe after they win, Jeff tells them, Kuror you won IC but it's not over. Ulong since you only have 2 people left their will be a 3rd contest and BJ and Stephanie you will compete to see who stays and who goes home. And by the way, were not Merging. Thats when you see Coby looking surprised.

Then at Tribal council they have a competion set up and Stephanie wins.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Where arre the sit outs?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-05 AT 02:07 AM (EST)

There's this pic:

Which I believe is Koror camp:

This should be part of the promo where Coby's complaining the girls don't do anything.

Naturally I can't find it now, but somebody on one of the otehr sites mentioned there was controversy surrounding one of this week's challenges which may explain Coby's surprised look and the segment where he's upset. It might also explain this:

That doesn't look like one of those agonized "Oh my gosh that sounds like a great reward" expressions. She's glowing. It looks like she actually won something.

ETF: The flipping Phoenix link. Adding .jpg at the end of the gallery url does not work!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Where arre the sit outs?"
bob, I think the first pic you posted is before the RC. I think the sitouts during the swimming challenge is to the left of Jiffy in this pic:

The second person from the left of Jiffy (the vid cap left...Jiffy's right) is Ian but I can't make out the woman.

04-01-05, 06:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Coby, Steph and BJ are pictured competing in the water challenge...so Steph and BJ are both still on Ulong (most likely) or competing as individuals. (Not likely one would be kidnapped or switched and allowed to compete for the other tribe)

Krautboy

04-01-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Does anyone know "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 07:36 PM (EST)

ETA: Nevermind, I found them.
if survivorphoenix posts the voice overs to the promos? I brought the vid caps over and can't find the voice overs.

I think the web promo is giving us two challenges. The food challenge and some type of swimming challenge. I was wondering if the voice over mentions anything about being surprised as to how the next person leaves the game or something about how the next one gets booted.

I don't think they would give us vid caps of that challenge but I think it would be mentioned. Unless, the swimming challenge is swim out and build a fire in those cauldrons. I like the idea of having Koror win and then Jiffy telling Ulong that the way the next person gets booted is by having Steph and BJ run the challenge again against each other.

04-01-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "They can fit in a fire building challenge"
CMC gave mer a really hard time about this, saying there would be no time for a third challenge, but there is. With a typical episode the final segment is broken down to 2-3 minutes devoted to conspiring, 2-3 minutes chat at TC, then vote, then reading of votes, again another 2-3 minutes.

With 2 people remaining there is no conspiring needed, there is no voting needed and no votes need to be read. The segment may not be any more than 2-3 minutes devoted to departing for TC and chat at TC, leaving another 5 minutes for the fire building challenge.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "does BJ go this week?"
Usually I'm a week early, and since I pcked BJ last week, he'll probably leave this week.

BUT, we have the BJ spoiler that says when he got home he was starving. If he leaves this week he shouldn't be starving when he got home.

And we know Mersaydeez is making some assumptions based on her info rather than simply laying out the info and allowing the collective spoilers to weight ALL the info.

I think I remember someone bringing a post by Snewser over here that cast doubt on some of her assumptions - although he clearly seemed to think she had a source.

Given the fact that Mersaydeez is making assumptions, some of them apparently wrong - I'm leaning towards the BJ starving spoiler and thinking this isn't his week.

Maybe Steph doesn't spend the night alone at all.

04-02-05, 02:12 AM (EST)
23. "RE: does BJ go this week?"
He has already lost a ton of weight. His editing is a bit more negative this week since he comes off looking ratehr loutish or rude. I dunno. I've been looking at the caps. They remind me so much of when Willard was voted off. Soemthing seems fishy.

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-05 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-02-05 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

Here is my two cents on what I think the challenges are.

RC: Gross food challenge. I wouldn't be suprised if everyone has to participate. The reason, in the caps of the close-up of Katie it looks like the are sitting in two rows (upper and lower)as they have so many times before during taking turns challenges. Koror wins, Steph and BJ just can't eat that much.

IC: Water and fire challenge. I think they have to swim out, thru some kind of obstacle course, and get something(s) to use in building their TEAM fire.
Reasons:
1. All the ICs have been at least in part physical this year. Going back once again to the "don't vote off the strong" theme.

2. We can see in the cap of BJ/Coby going into the water... the sit-out bench, one of the team's starting mat, possibly the monkey's stool, and a tower like they have used in other fire challenges.

Something happens at the end of this challenge. Coby's reaction leads me to believe that someone may have gotten disqualified. Since he is looking to the side I am going to go with Ulong on this. Plus we have the caps of Steph and BJ wet and dejected dragging their flag back to camp.

I think the caps of Steph being so happy are either when she finds out there will be another fire challenge (and she did better than BJ in the first) OR after she wins that challenge. If this is a fire starting challenge, due to time problems it will probably be a scaled back version.

***Edited to add that I think that whatever "tie-breaker" challenge between Steph and Bobby Jon will take the place of tribal council.*** I also like the idea that Coby's reaction may be to Jiffy explaining there will be no tribal for Ulong. This is definately a better explanation that mine

OK that's my start the week off ideas. I'm sure they will change

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-02-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Challenges"
Here's what doesn't add up for me --

The "pulling under water challenge" may indeed have a fire component, but it can't be "THE fire challenge" -- why not? If it was "THE" challenge, then we would not have the shot of Steph/BJ walking back from it. BJ (or Steph) would be gone.

The elimination challenge must occur at some later time. Most likely, IMO, at the tribal council.

Another curious thing...why is Coby in this one? Wouldn't you think Ian and Tom would be in it?

04-02-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Challenges"
I agree with you KLicK in that the Steph/BJ walking back CAN'T be after THE fire building challenge. I think Jiffy may leave the two with something that would keep them wondering how the TC will play out. He may something to them like...there will be no voting at this TC and then send them on their way back to camp. They would be like WTF?

Also, It has been very strange at times with the decisions (Koror) by who sits out and when but they keep winning. I am just going to suck it up and go with the flow.

04-02-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Challenges"
That might explain Coby's "WHAT!?" in the promo. If Jeff gives some sort of cryptic instructions following the IC in front of Koror, he may get a big reaction.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Challenges"
Don't know about Tom, but Ian had a cut foot. For them that was just a day or two or three before, and he could still be nursing it. It was difficult to see how deep the cut was.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Challenges"
They all may be thinking that there is going to be a merg since there has always( except for once) been a merg at 10 people left.
Coby's pic is of JP telling them there will be no merg this time.
And his pic was the one they choose to use this week.

WHOAMI

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "happy Steph"
IMO, this CANNOT be from her winning the fire challenge. it is daytime. the fire challenge, if it occurs as mersaydeez assumes, almost certainly will be at TC, at night.

so the options remaining are:

Ulong wins Reward - no other change required to mersaydeez. most likley.

Ulong wins Immunity - following Bobscure's vidcap analysis - defeated look may simply be exhaustion. but then what about the fire challenge? perhaps this is part of the water challenge. perhaps it is the first individual immunity (or reward) AFTER the MERGE, but BEFORE the first member of the JURY is voted out?

Merge - (but perhaps still tribal (or paired?) immunity) - makes Steph spending a night alone difficult, but not necessarily impossible if it is after reward which somehow involves BJ (perhaps individual reward but not yet merged?)

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-05-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: happy Steph"
Is it possible the the happy Steph pic is recycled from an earlier episode? Perhaps trying to throw us off and give the audience some hope the Ulong might win something?

©Forged by RolldDice, 2004
World Travel Tips

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: happy Steph"
I thought this too, Nedstan

I watched the commercial really slowly with TIVO (during basketball over the weekend) and this happy pix of Steph was not in there anywhere...I think it is old..but I am not looking for it...

I think there's Much to do about nothing this week, like last week, I think it's simple and the previews are trying to make it look not that way.

Koror wins both challenges, BJ and Steph go to TC and have the fire challenge, Steph wins-BJ leaves and Steph spends the nite alone...I'm giving the nod to Mersaydeez this week...

04-02-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
32. "Immunity Idol Stool?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-05 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Garbotalks at SSucks found this shot which shows the 3-legged Immunity idol stool.

The same 3-legged stool can be seen in the upper left hand corner of this shot at the water challenge...

This appears to confirm that the Water Challenge is for Immunity and the Gross Food Challenge is for Reward.

In which case, this shot of Steph and BJ walking, wet and dejected, back to camp is after the IC. It would follow that if there is a fire-building challenge in EP8, it must occur at TC as a tie-breaker used to determine who will go on vacation and who will be on the jury...

Krautboy

tikigirlie 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-05, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tikigirlie Click to send private message to tikigirlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
okay, let me just say that you guys are harsh hard core when it comes to analyzing these itty-bitty details. props to you guys.

so this may sound really stupid, but here's an idea:

i agree with whoever says that ulong loses IC and there's a fire-building challenge at TC. someone also said that it's possible JP tells ulong (in front of koror) that there will be no voting at TC and no merge and leaves it at that.

so maybe coby's reaction is that "well, we won immunity and nothing is going to happen?" koror may possibly assume that ulong loses IC and loses no one.

but wouldn't it be cool if steph was a tribe of her own for a couple of episodes? i'm guessing steph beats out bj at fire-building and wins immunity, but what if steph and koror don't merge for a couple of episodes?

if she (competing as the "tribe" of ulong) wins a couple of ICs, koror would be forced to eat up a few of its own members. perhaps that's why merceydeez says steph outlasts a few koror.

JP said that this would be a season of firsts. what if they don't merge at all? steph would be forced to compete for her life (which honestly, she would eventually have to do even if they DID merge) and when she finally loses an IC to koror, ulong will be completely eliminated.

and honestly, steph as a tribe would be better off than ulong was with kim, james and ibe (even though i heart ibe). i'm sure she could easily beat the girls in a physical challenge and possibly gregg or caryn in a mental one. she'd probably get stuck when she has to beat tom or ian in a mental one, though.

04-03-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
Welcome Tikigirlie!

The scenario you put forward is very believable. The only thing that suggests it might not work that way id the Mersaydeez Spoiler. This quote from Mersaydeez sounds like she only spends "a night" alone:

Re: Just some spoilers...

Quote:
Are you SURE that stephenie spends a night ALONE, or could your source mean "alone" in terms of having nobody from her old tribe in with her AFTER the merge anymore *or if Ibrehem is in the merge but not in the jury, after he is voted out*?

Literally, alone. I was told - "that's never happened before". Plus, she would be alone, for many many many nights if it was the case of having nobody in her old tribe, when I was just told "a night".
Edited by: Mersaydeez at: 2/21/05 8:34 pm

Krautboy

04-04-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
If BJ and Steph are returning from a challenge in the walking-in-the-woods caps, why aren't they carrying the Ulong flag? Was the tribe dissolved already? Or maybe these caps are not related to a challenge?

04-04-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
I am beginning to wonder if they are related to a challenge. They do look wet but they are not carrying the flag.

Good point BR.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

BR, I agree with you. It's like we're being smacked in the face by the vidcaps that Ulong loses everything. Normally when MB tries to hit us over the head in the previews, it's misdirection, isn't it?

Those pics of BJ & Steph walking in the woods have been bothering me too. Where's the flag? Where is BJ's buff? Me thinks something is up this week.

Edited to point out Steph's buff in these pics. In the first shot when Steph is competing, her buff is around her right wrist:

In the dejected walk in the woods shot that people are assuming is the walk home from TC, Steph's buff is around her chest:

Now, I don't believe that Steph would take her wet buff off her wrist and put it on her chest. Doesn't make sense to me.

Please call me Cat!!
Got candles?

04-04-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
Could it be that JP explained the consequences of losing after the IC?

He may have told them they would no longer be a tribe after TC. Who ever is left will become a Koror the next day, (after spending the night alone)...in which case Ulong would cease to exist and there would be no need to keep their tribe banner for the next challenge...from here on out they will be individual.

This may also explain the alliance talk between Koror members after the IC. If JP told them that one of them will become part to Koror the next day, Ian and Tom would be rooting for Steph to outlast BJ...

Krautboy

04-04-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
I could buy something like that, KB, but as sylvester pointed out, Stephenie's buff is on her wrist for the IC. Why would she put her wet buff on over her top after the challenge?

04-04-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

Not sure, modesty? After all, she is heading back to the Ulong cave with the Neanderthal Man...

Edited to add: For that matter, why would she want a wet buff on her wrist after the challenge? She probably would wring it out after the challenge and slip it back on over her bra, which is how she usually wears it...she may have moved it to her wrist for the swimming challenge so that it wouldn't slip down or get in the way during the IC.

Krautboy

04-04-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

I have a post called the care and feeding of the tribal flag. In the preceding pics they're running with the flag. The way they're dressed, they're headed to RC and they look very happy. A few shots later the flag is gone. It came off the pole they usually carry. Somebody at Sucks said there's a new preview that shows them walking back wet and the Ulong flag is in BJ's right hand.

ETA: There are a ton of new pics. In the early pics whatever was wrapped around Steph's wrist looked too thick to be her buff. In the new buffs at least two people are wearing their buffs around their wrists.

The challenge involves pulling yourself or being guided along a rope. They appear to be swimming under the gauze shown in a few of the caps.

ETA: Actually there are 5 tons of new pics. There weren't many last Friday. Very interesting new pics. I'll post a quite a few unless cat beats me to it.

04-04-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
Somebody at Sucks said there's a new preview that shows them walking back wet and the Ulong flag is in BJ's right hand.

Garbotalk at MessHall said this -- this is the cap that we are discussing here -- and actually it does look like he could be holding just the flag in his right hand, without the pole. But why, I wonder.

04-04-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
I think it came off the pole when they were running. Isn't it usually attached at the top and bottom?

04-04-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
Ok, I've been playing around with that photo, and I do think BJ might have the Ulong flag. Here is an extreme close-up:

It's blown up too large to be very recognizable, but I do see a little blur of blue near BJ's hand.

Also KB, I have to agree with you on Steph's buff after all, went back and watched some prior episodes on my TIVO, and sure enough, Steph often wears her buff on the wrist during a water challenge then puts it back on her chest after.

So much for my original questions, lol.

BS, I don't agree with you that is Janu on the mat waiting to compete for Koror, Janu is way to skinny to have that much hip, I'm playing with that pic now.

Please call me Cat!!
Got candles?

04-04-05, 06:43 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Immunity Idol Stool?"
Cat, I'm looking at that person again too. It seems half of Koror is tall and skinny. Either that person is wearing tight slacks like Janu or they're not wearing slacks at all - they're swimming in underwear and the lighting makes it look like slacks that come down to where Janu's jeans do. Janu doesn't have a dark top, Tom has a dark top but usually competes in shorts, Ian competes in his khaki cut-offs and gregg has dark shorts or cut-offs. I'm fairly sure the person in front of Coby is Janu because the hair is too puffy to be Gregg's.

04-04-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
44. "Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu? "
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

I'm still working on pics but wanted to post this:

That must be Janu on the mat for Koror. Ian has cut-offs, Gregg and Tom have dark shorts, Jenn has a mini skirt, Katie has a long dark skirt, and Caryn wears her buff as a skirt. A contact challenge?

ETA: It looks like somebody's reaching up to grab Coby here.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu? "
Thanks BS, you have picture analysis down real well. Great insights.

Tha second picture could also be Coby's hand reaching down/forward. Either it's the palm side of his right hand thumb (and he is beginning to reach forward) or it's the nail side of someone else's thumb reaching up. You can look at it and see one image, then close your eyes, shake your head and look at it again, and see the other. The Etcher (sp?) effect.

However, since he is swimming or being pulled, and he is holding a rope or something in his left hand, it's most likely his hand either steering, reaching for another stroke, or pulling himself along the rope (or whatever it is).

Course, it could be the cameraman's hand, maybe reaching to hold him underwater for additional drama in an attempted half drowning of Coby. That Evil PMB will stop at nothing to increase his ad revenue.

04-04-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu? "

I don't see why that can't be Caryn -- am I looking at the person with the dark shorts on the mat to BJ's right (our left)?

04-04-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu? "
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

BS, I can't agree that is Janu on the mat. Look at this clearer pic of Caryn in her black shorts:

Here's the new challenge shot again:

To me, the length of the shorts is similar, the posture is similar, the size of the legs and hips are similar. Janu is a beanpole, you'd see air between here legs.

I realize that contradicts the pic of wet Coby with the wet dark haired person, but we don't know the context of the pic. Could be mid challenge and that could be BJ next to Coby for all we know, or there could be a twist involved that we haven't figured out yet?

Also, Gregg has very fluffy very black hair.

Edited to add the original pic of the person on the mat.

04-04-05, 07:03 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Coby vs. BJ and Steph vs. Janu? "
The black baggy thing they're wearing as a top in my first pic is now around their hips. It almost looks like a towel. There's something piled on the mat as well. Can you tell what it is?

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
I read over at Fever that Greg has wet hair also and it was in the immunity challenge speculation...here is the quote:

"Coby is sitting, catching his breath and wet, with wet haired Gregg sitting in front of him. Ulong's flag is in the background."

Here is the pic.

Krissy

04-04-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
47. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
That's Janu's hair. You can see her on the mat. She and Coby are competing for Koror.

04-04-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Yes...looks like you are right Bob.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
If it's really Janu, I just can't understand Koror's strategy at all. Perhaps they are trying to throw an immunity challenge. Their choices of sit-outs has bothered me for weeks. Perhaps MB is hiding all discussion in this regard, since he frowns on the strategy. Ian with a cut foot is clearly better than Janu in any case. Both Ian and Tom sat out both challenges last week. Like - what?? Are they both scared to show off their strengths this close to individual immunity?? I wish we were given more insight here . . . .

04-04-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
48. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Jump the Shark Game...choices for reward that include Tom are Tom and Caryn, Tom and Gregg and Tom and Ian. Tom is definitely shown chewing food as stated at TDT. If in fact Greg does compete with Coby in IC then we are down to Tom and Caryn and Tom and Ian as choices or of course none of the above. IMO, I do not think they would put Caryn in a gross food challenge so that would leave Tom and Ian for the RC according to Snewsers choices in his game.

Krissy

04-04-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Tom and Ian would make sense for RC - they were the only 2 to participate in NEITHER of last week's challenges. they may in fact be FORCED to do RC.

04-04-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
56. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-05 AT 05:58 PM (EST)

I would probably pick Tom and Ian also. Unless it has to be a female... I would definitely not pick Caryn as she would probably not eat the stuff.

04-04-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
55. "RE: EP8 Immunity Challenge?"
Well, if it is indeed Janu that is competing with Coby then Greg is back up as a choice for competing in the RC (going along with the choices given in the Jump the Shark game). Unless...would it have to be one male and one female in each challenge to equal it out or could Koror pick anyone. I know the sit-out rule but would there be also a gender choice on the RC?

04-04-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
51. "More immunity challenge pics"

04-04-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
54. "RE: More immunity challenge pics"
looks alot like the keelhauling challenge from Pearl Islands that Burton won but gave to Rupert (this was also the FIRST Individual immunity)...speculation...Jiffy takes back little willard...competition initially revealed as a team challenge, but then jiffy whips out immunity necklaces and tells them it is individual? maybe even only 4 people will play - the two that go for koror and BJ and steph

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: More immunity challenge pics"
You know, HE, that's not a bad idea about the surprise that it's now an individual challenge, however I'm having trouble reconciling it with the Mersaydeez spoiler of a fire-a-thon between Steph and BJ or that only two from Koror would take place in an individual challenge against Steph and BJ.

And is it just me or is Coby trying to retrace Jesus' last steps here?

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

04-05-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
65. "RE: More immunity challenge pics"
oh, i definitely agree. it's unlikely, just wild speculation. i still expect things to play out exactly as we're expecting - Tribal IC, Ulong loses, Steph beats BJ in firestarting challenge

but there are enough little niggling doubts to make it fun to speculate

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: More immunity challenge pics"
Keelhauling is exactly what I thought too! I just cant reconcile the meager IC pics to it yet. I was thinking that one tribe member had to pull a pully type thing that advance sthe other tribe member under the water and on to the other side of something... but then I get lost. I guess the storyboard has not helped name this IC challenge?

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

04-06-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
68. "Puzzle Component"
These pictures from the IC are of a wet Bobby Jon.

Vols asked the question “what are the two "stands" for?” here but it was never discussed. TDT suggests that the stands are puzzle stands, and that part of the IC is completing a puzzle. So, the survivors swim out, get the puzzle pieces, bring them back, then have to complete the puzzle. That might be how Koror is able to win an otherwise extremely physical challenge without Tom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •