The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-01-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
A Survivor becomes irritated with the tribe's living conditions and lack of maintenance around camp, which has attracted unwelcome visitors.

Several weeks surviving on an island has driven one Survivor to exhibit unruly behavior, much to the concern of a tribemate.

The Survivors get a chance to sample a Palauan delicacy, which can be rather difficult to swallow. Who has the will to stomach this indigenous cuisine?

Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 SFGW 04-01-05 1
 RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 Krautboy 04-01-05 2
   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 KLicK 04-01-05 3
       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 kary1371 04-01-05 18
 RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 KimberA00 04-01-05 4
   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 katethegreat 04-01-05 5
   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 survivor_21 04-01-05 6
   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 Brownroach 04-01-05 8
       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 sylvester 04-01-05 11
           RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 Brownroach 04-01-05 12
               RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 Surviette 04-01-05 13
                   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 bobscure 04-01-05 14
 And now for something completely di... bobscure 04-01-05 7
   RE: And now for something completel... emydi 04-01-05 15
       RE: And now for something completel... bobscure 04-01-05 16
           RE: And now for something completel... Surviette 04-01-05 17
           RE: And now for something completel... Brownroach 04-01-05 19
               RE: And now for something completel... bobscure 04-01-05 22
                   RE: And now for something completel... Surviette 04-01-05 30
                       RE: And now for something completel... Brownroach 04-01-05 31
                           RE: And now for something completel... Surviette 04-01-05 32
                               RE: And now for something completel... emydi 04-02-05 34
                                   RE: And now for something completel... Surviette 04-05-05 59
           RE: And now for something completel... emydi 04-01-05 21
               RE: And now for something completel... Brownroach 04-01-05 24
                   RE: And now for something completel... emydi 04-01-05 26
 RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 Surviette 04-01-05 9
   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 fedcamper 04-01-05 10
       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 littletown 04-01-05 20
           RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8 bobscure 04-01-05 25
 Yet another idea Bebo 04-01-05 23
   RE: Yet another idea emydi 04-01-05 27
       RE: MERGE Surviette 04-01-05 28
       RE: Yet another idea Debberz13 04-02-05 39
           RE: Yet another idea bobscure 04-02-05 40
   RE: Yet another idea Devious Weasel 04-01-05 29
 The delicacy volsfan 04-02-05 33
   RE: The delicacy KLicK 04-02-05 35
       RE: The delicacy Bebo 04-03-05 43
   RE: The delicacy bobscure 04-02-05 36
       RE: The delicacy kingfish 04-02-05 37
       RE: The delicacy volsfan 04-02-05 38
           RE: The delicacy Wezzie 04-03-05 41
               RE: The delicacy volsfan 04-03-05 42
                   RE: The delicacy Wezzie 04-03-05 44
   Now THAT is gross! watermelon 04-04-05 45
       RE: Now THAT is gross! LibraRising 04-04-05 49
       RE: Now THAT is gross! kingfish 04-04-05 51
           RE: Now THAT is gross! watermelon 04-05-05 58
               RE: Now THAT is gross! kingfish 04-05-05 60
                   RE: Now THAT is gross! watermelon 04-06-05 65
   RE: The delicacy KrazyKitty 04-04-05 55
 This week's eyemail! sylvester 04-04-05 46
   odd theory littletown 04-04-05 47
   RE: This week's eyemail! emydi 04-04-05 48
       repeat of thailand littletown 04-04-05 50
       RE: This week's eyemail! kingfish 04-04-05 53
           RE: This week's eyemail! bobscure 04-04-05 54
               RE: This week's eyemail! kingfish 04-06-05 62
   RE: This week's eyemail! kary1371 04-04-05 52
       RE: This week's eyemail! Wezzie 04-04-05 56
           RE: This week's eyemail! bobscure 04-04-05 57
               I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT knuckles487 04-06-05 61
                   RE: I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT kingfish 04-06-05 63
                   RE: I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT TanNymph 04-06-05 64
 RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... braveheart 04-07-05 66
   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... JazzyJax 04-07-05 67
       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... braveheart 04-07-05 68
           RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... kingfish 04-07-05 69
               RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... knuckles487 04-07-05 70
                   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... Brownroach 04-07-05 71
                       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... Devious Weasel 04-07-05 72
                           RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... KObrien_fan 04-07-05 73
                           RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... Brownroach 04-07-05 74
                   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... zazzy 04-07-05 75
                       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... braveheart 04-07-05 76
                           RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... littletown 04-07-05 77
                               RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... Krautboy 04-07-05 78
                                   RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... kingfish 04-07-05 79
                                       RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-... braveheart 04-08-05 80

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SFGW 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 01:56 AM (EST)

This week seems pretty easy except for the people competing. And possibly who wins?

1st question : Coby is annoyed at Janu, Katie and Caryn

2nd question : BJ seen Belching and probably more after the Gross Food Challenge ( Which they probably win )

3rd question : Stephani, BJ, Tom ,( Coby ? )

4th question : Stephanie and BJ wins reward

When they make it this simple even I can get them right.

Or can I?

By the way, where is the spell checker here?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-05, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
>A Survivor becomes irritated with the
>tribe's living conditions and lack
>of maintenance around camp, which
>has attracted unwelcome visitors.

From the previews, this appears to be Coby frustrated by the "girls" not helping out with maintenance around camp, and the resulting rat infestation.

>
>Several weeks surviving on an island
>has driven one Survivor to
>exhibit unruly behavior, much to
>the concern of a tribemate.

Stephenie comments that Bobby Jon is turning into a caveman (The Neanderthal Man)
>
>
>The Survivors get a chance to
>sample a Palauan delicacy, which
>can be rather difficult to
>swallow. Who has the will
>to stomach this indigenous cuisine?

Sounds like the gross food challenge is back.

>
>
>Two Survivors disagree on how the
>tribe should enjoy their Reward,
>leaving one of them feeling
>defeated and annoyed with the
>final decision.

Sounds like Koror wins reward and Coby, Katie, or Caryn don't like being overruled...

Krautboy

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-05, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
I wonder if the gross food will be "round robin" forcing Steph and BJ to go 4 times! *shudder*

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
OMG! I think you might be right, from what I can remember gross food challenge doesn't have sit outs, they have to go back!

Here for a second I thought Ulong could get this one...but 4 times each... I don't think they will...

KimberA00 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KimberA00 Click to send private message to KimberA00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
>final decision.

This just screams Steph and BJ to me. If 2 disagree and then 1 is annoyed and defeated....

Maybe we should change the name of the thread to See-BS Direction. It's just become THAT predictable.

Kimber

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
I agree, I think Steph and BJ win the reward challenge and disagree about something. The only question is, who is annoyed (i.e. doesn't get their way) and I am betting on Steph (lots of comments re: her frustration in many episodes), although it seems she would get her way in a disagreement, so I'm not 100%.

survivor_21 506 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_21 Click to send private message to survivor_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
>final decision.

To me it seems like Koror wins reward. To me (and maybe I'm wrong cause it IS suppose to be misdirection) if it were Ulong then it would say "two survivors disagree on how to share their/the/a reward", not "the tribes" reward.
I would think that someone in the minority on Koror (Coby, or Caryn most likely) thinks one way, someone from the majority alliance (Tom, or katie most likely) thinks the other, and the majority alliance wins the argument.

But thats just my guess.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
I don't see how this could be Stephenie and BJ. If only two people are trying to decide, who would be making the final decision that annoys one of them? Jeff Probst?

More likely the annoyed person is a member of Koror who gets overruled when more tribemates side with another Koror's opinion.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
"I don't see how this could be Stephenie and BJ. If only two people are trying to decide, who would be making the final decision that annoys one of them? Jeff Probst?"

BR, I see this as very likely being Ulong. Steph & BJ are famous for not being able to step up to the plate and make a decision. Neither seems to want to be a leader.

I suspect BJ gets his way cause Steph won't stand up to him. If it was Koror I doubt that only 2 would be at odds. To me, there would be competing groups, not just 2 individuals.

Please call me Cat!!
not quite as infatuated with BJ after the caveman belch, lol

04-01-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
If it was Koror I doubt that only 2 would be at odds. To me, there would be competing groups, not just 2 individuals.

Yes, but the two different suggestions are probably initially made by two individuals, then everyone else sides with one or the other. So the person who made the overruled suggestion would be annoyed.

I suppose it could be BJ and Steph but we've already seen this kind of dynamic at Koror so I think more likely it's them.

Surviette 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
I'm new at this, in case you couldn't tell! Any idea what sort of reward (other than Bobscure's idea below) would be cause for indecision? The only thing I can think of is more food,that one
wants to eat right away and one wants to save for later.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
That idea just popped into my head this morning. A less contrived version would simply be that BJ wins a reward where he spends the night away, possibly taking a Koror, leaving Steph as the annoyed one since she spends the night alone.

Bob

04-01-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "And now for something completely different "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

>Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision.

-We've believed that Steph spends the night alone as the last member of Ulong after winning a fire starting competition over BJ, but mersaydeez simply says she spends the night alone.
-We know from past seasons that a fire starting competition is used as an individual post-merge immunity challenge.
-We've seen Gregg planning on a date with Jenn.
-At least twice we've seen Gregg comment on how torn up Ulong must must be.
-We've recently learned Gregg does very well in the individual challenges.
-Per mersaydeez, we know Gregg wins a reward and takes 2 people with him on a yacht reward, though this is believed to be around the time of the family visit, so may be irrelevant in the scenario. This could be a different reward, much like when Rupert took Jenna and Amber. Most of the posts on the Suck's mersaydeez thread have been deleted so I can't match dates.

This is my long-winded way of surmising Gregg wins an overnight reward, takes Jenn and BJ leaving Jenn defeated and annoyed and Steph alone on Ulong for one night.

I know when I first heard that she spent the night alone I believed that it couldn't have been planned or expected. I also believe that if there's no merge at the RC BJ and Steph must know something's up and in some way be prepared to spend the night alone. I would be more inclined to believe Steph "freaks out" if she's totally unprepared to spend the night alone. Nobody would expect Gregg to take BJ so while this is unlikely, it is still possible.

Finally, the fire-starting competition may well be this week, but between 10 people not 2, and Steph wins and BJ is voted out. I must say that while it doesn't jibe with mersaydeez' spoiler, after last night Janu looks like she may be the next to go.

Bob

ETD: a dangling sentence

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: And now for something completely different "
Is there any evidence/spoilers about when the merge ACTUALLY occurred? The spoiler board said Ep. 10 but that is not possible any longer...

Bianca says the green buff isn't used..would they not officially "merge" if 2 Ulong were absorbed into Koror instead of just Steph in ep. 9 as we now think will happen?

To add to Bob's scenario...remember, Mersaydeez said Ibe went late pre jury...maybe he actually went the week before the merge occurred....

I don't know for now I'm keeping it simple and think there is no "merge" until Ep. 9.

I agree with BR, the misdirection is about the 2 Koror contingents headed by Tom and Coby again arguing over how to deal with the reward...Coby of course loses...his edit is beginning to show him in danger...if he wants to push Janu and Jenn into the fire and they are in his "alliance" what hope does he have to last long after it's individual and not tribe based challenges...

04-01-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: And now for something completely different "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

Emy, to me the mersaydeez clues are like pieces to a puzzle where 50% of the pieces are identical - they can fit in a number of places. I know most people are trying to make them fit a specific situation, but they don't have to.

The mersadeez posts have been deleted as an April Fool's joke so I can't check, but to the best of my recollection *somebody* mentioned they were considered merged or something to that effect. At any rate, the wording seemed vague but a number was given, 8+1 I believe. BJ and Steph could be living with them at some point this coming episode, but not merged. All that said, we are fairly certain there is no merge so how relevant is this info?

ETA: Sorry, as usual I was interrupted before I finished . As far as a merge on ep. 10 is concerned I can think of yet another unlikely scenario where BJ is voted off in ep. 8, then in ep. 9 when we'd expect Steph to go Janu is voted off or quits, then that more or less forces a merge at ep. 10.

04-01-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surviette Click to send private message to Surviette Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: And now for something completely different "
Does this help, or are you looking for something with dates?

The actual quotes can be found in the original Mersaydeez Spoiler Thread here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5732&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

04-01-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: And now for something completely different "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

would they not officially "merge" if 2 Ulong were absorbed into Koror instead of just Steph in ep. 9 as we now think will happen?

emy, I think with two people they would just be absorbed into Koror as well.

bob, the initial report was that the Ulong tribe was up 6-1, and that it was believed that the tribes had already merged. However, it was later ascertained that the Koror tribe is actually situated on Ulong Island, which is probably what accounted for the incorrect tribe name.

ETA: this wasn't part of the Mersaydeez spoiler, it was reported before Mer surfaced. I think it came from Dan Bollinger but I'm not positive.

04-01-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
22. "RE: And now for something completely different "
Thanks BR! I was also looking for the yacht trip info to tie in with a Gregg RC victory this week. I seem to recall the yacht was chartered for a week, but why would CBS charter it for a week when they only need it for 2 days/one night?

One other question for whoever remembers. When they've been reduced to 10 have all the RCs been individual even though they're still separate tribes? I recall that's when Rupert won his trip during All Stars.

04-01-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
30. "RE: And now for something completely different "
Here's Mersaydeez yacht info., but you're right, if the yacht was booked for a week, then it would be helpful to know the dates!

Gregg wins the Palua Agressor II Yacht Reward and takes Jen and Katie. (It’s unclear if family members are involved or not.) It also involves swimming with the Dolphins and breakfast and showers, so it’s probably an overnight reward. Greg is eliminated around the time of this reward.

Gregg finishes 6th, Caryn 5th.

Corvette might be a reward around Caryn's boot.

The timing of the Palau Aggressor II Reward and Jen’s participation, puts her in the final four.

Tom, Katie and Ian are 3 of the F4. (The Palau Agressor II information puts Jen in the final 4 as well)

ETA: If a Happy Face is in this post,sorry, I do not know where they are coming from!

04-01-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
31. "RE: And now for something completely different "
If a Happy Face is in this post,sorry, I do not know where they are coming from!

You mean like this: Reay 23?

I giggled when I saw that.

If you look at the Emoticon Icon shortcuts (link is above the message box when you are typing a new post) you will see that a colon followed by a capital D is the shortcut for the happy face that appeared. When you type Re: Day 23 with a space after the colon, the pesky smiley does not appear.

Just so you don't get the heebies-jeebies if it happens again.

04-01-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
32. "RE: And now for something completely different "
Thnks for taking the time! I'll just lurk now!!

04-02-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: And now for something completely different "
survi!!! YOU CANNOT go back to lurking now!!! I was a lurker too(if you can believe that with my DAWness!!)

Keep posting!!!

04-05-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
59. "RE: And now for something completely different "
I'm afraid I can't even lurk now or I'll be booted from my vote pool X( Apparently you are amazing (interesting Eye Mail!)

ETA Maybe by "diversion" Snewser meant this is where we'll see a diversion (or diverting from) Merceydeez! It's been fun!

04-01-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
21. "RE: And now for something completely different "
I agree about the Merseydeez spoilers, you can fit them in many places. The "merge" could happen in Ep. 8 or 9. The only def. spoiler we have concerning a Merge ep. no. was the challenge board which said Ep. 10 which would have been a delayed merge like in Thailand, but Ulong imploded so the merge has to be either E8 or E9.

I think the simplest answer to why Steph sleeps alone is that a "merge" does not occur until Ep. 9 and she wins a fire challenge AGAINST BJ "THE CURSE" DRINKARD..

04-01-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
24. "RE: And now for something completely different "
I went back and pulled the Mersaydeez posts about the fire challenge and Steph's night alone. Here they are in chronological order of posting:

1. The immunity challenge that is the last one before the jury (don't know what # that would be), is a fire starting competition. The hint that I got is that it comes down to Ibrehem* and Steph. And from that, I think its obvious who wins and becomes a member of the jury and who goes on their vacation.

*We know from later posts that she wasn't told it was Ibrehem, she just assumed it from other info.

2. I don't know how the merge happens. But Stephenie spends a night all alone. First castaway to do that, right?

3. From what I gather, they have a challenge to decide who goes on vacation, and who joins the jury. I said that earlier, and she wins. She definitley spends a night alone, so there is a way.

4. Literally, alone. I was told - "that's never happened before".

5. Plus, I would think that Stephenie would merge with the 8 Koror's after her night alone.

6. I do know she makes the merge, I was saying that I would think that they would all merge together after her night alone.

--------------------------------------------

Post 3's description of the fire-starting challenge contradicts Post 1's, which describes it as an immunity challenge that comes down to two people. If that is the case, it sounds like a post-merge individual IC involving everyone. But Mersaydeez never acknowledges that her two descriptions are different. So is she making an assumption with one or the other of them?

Also, it's unclear if Mer was told that Stephenie's night alone is directly connected to the aftermath of this challenge. Mer's seems to be speculating that it was, but maybe it wasn't?

04-01-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
26. "RE: And now for something completely different "
Well, Bob's scenario is quite intriguing...I want to see the Web Promo...

04-01-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
9. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
>irritated Survivor - Coby or Janu (she hates rats)

>unruly behavior - Neanderthal Man

>the will? - NOT Janu (she hates rats!)

>leaving ONE of them feeling defeated - I guess an Ulong

POW in EP 8 anyone? hello? ANYONE?!

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
As to Steph ( or anyone) freaking out over spending the night alone- remember the true reality. They have camera people up their butts the whole time. No one is ever alone.

littletown 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
so will this be the POW challenge, where they are playing for an individual reward and the winner gets to take someone from their own tribe and someone from the other tribe to gain potentially helpful info. Greg wins takes Jenn and BJ leaving Stephanie at Ulong all along?

04-01-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
25. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8"
Welcome to the board littletown! I'm just speculating in my posts. There are a number of spoilers I'm using to make that speculation. Some sources are reliable and others are more questionable. There are a few more spoilers that can be applied, but these are what I'm using in my speculation:

It's been said that BJ is kidnapped and that he makes it to the 4th week, Steph spends the night alone, the green merge buff is not used, Steph is the only Ulong to make the jury, Steph wins immunity over BJ or Ib during a fire starting challenge, and Steph also outlasts 1 or 2 Korors.

The Steph spoiler and a BJ lasting until the 4th week spoiler cancel each other out, further a kidnapping situation seems unlikely at this point and may have been confused with the IC where Ib was given immunity so in short, a BJ kidnapping may well be a false or misunderstood spoiler.

If the fire starting spoiler is true, we know she must be competing against BJ but we don't know that it's not BJ and all of Koror. It could simply imply that they're both in danger of elimination and Steph wins and is not voted out by the rest of Koror.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Yet another idea"
I'd like to throw another idea out on the first and last pieces of info:

A Survivor becomes irritated with the tribe's living conditions and lack of maintenance around camp, which has attracted unwelcome visitors.

Tom - in the episode preview, he's shown commenting that the rats are no longer scared of them. He's a smart enough player to not show too much irritation to his tribe, but he's sure comment on it in a confessional.

Two Survivors disagree on how the tribe should enjoy their Reward, leaving one of them feeling defeated and annoyed with the final decision.

Coby - I think that he and Tom have disagree (or Tom and anyone from the minority alliance, but Coby's the most likely to speak up), and Gregg and/or Jenn side with Tom. This would leave Coby feeling defeated, since he realizes that Gregg is not going to turn on Tom, and this also foreshadows Coby's loss in the game. He may also feel defeated because the women in his own alliance supported Tom's decision, making him realize that the next Koror target isn't Caryn, it's him. And his annoyance is obvious in the preview.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

04-01-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Yet another idea"
I still think the first tidbit is talking about Coby throwing Jenn, Janu and Katie into the fire

The last one...I think you are right!! But Bob's idea Merge in Ep. 8 with reward away is a possibility...we'll wait for more info...

04-01-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
28. "RE: MERGE"
Emydi, I can't find actual quote (pretty sure it's somewhere on
THIS Board)from JP interview. The conversation was about the
Palau contestants having opportunity to bond at the beginning of the season and how early alliances could pay off later on say
"Day 23 and again on Day 33". The significance, for us reay 23
is it is most likely the day after EP8 boot, with 9 players remaining and is not when everyone "expects" a Merge.

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Yet another idea"
I'm pretty sure we still have tribe vs tribe challenges this week. We can still see the team flags and team mats in the caps.

So the choices of who goes should be Steph, Bobby, Coby, or Janu unless we get thrown for a loop. Odds and caps give a good edge to Steph or Bobby, Mer's spoilers say its Bobby.

BTW I think the reward spoiler on the rented boat included the info that the timeline made it for for Ep. 11 or 12.

04-02-05, 06:05 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Yet another idea"
>Odds and caps give a good edge to Steph or Bobby, Mer's spoilers say its Bobby.

Corvis' confessional count says it's Coby and it's been right every time. FWIW, Steph and BJ have been in billions of vidcaps for what seems like forever.

If the mersaydeez spoiler wasn't out there I'd lean toward Janu or for my own wacky reason, Coby. I may still. Janu could have been heavily featured last week, but wasn't and hasn't been unless she's shown having a health crisis. The vidcaps of her this week are very much like the vidcaps the week Willard was booted. Why show her at all?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Yet another idea"
Coby's also shown in the Web promo talking about feeling defeated and quitting.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "The delicacy"
I can't help but think that the delicacy would have something to do with seafood of some sort. However, I have doing some searches this morning and most of the things I find don't sound difficult to eat. There are a couple of clam dishes and I think I found one crab dish.

The only thing that I have found is a fruit bat. I found a site that describes a Chicago's family trip to Palau and they wanted to experience eating a fruit bat. They go to a resturant that serves them. There are pics of the bat on this site and there is a film clip (for some reason I can view the clip) it is gross.

http://www.gagme.com/greg/vacation/2000/palauaustralia/palau.php

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The delicacy"
Thanks for that link. Ick.

If that's it (and I think it is), then I can't see the producers/game team making Steph/BJ eat 4 of them each. That's a lot of food (even if it's good food). This isn't TAR! ;)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: The delicacy"
>If that's it (and I think
>it is), then I can't
>see the producers/game team making
>Steph/BJ eat 4 of them
>each.

It could be another Wheel Of Food. In the Outback, your spin determined what you would eat. And in the Pearl Islands, your spin determined what went into your shake. Maybe they'll get to spin for what they get to eat, with some of the choices being smaller and/or more palatable.

That way, Steph and BJ could take multiple turns without being forced to eat large volumes of gross stuff (and they may even get a cool treat or two along the way). And the bat would be the one everyone hoped they wouldn't get on their spin.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

04-02-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
36. "RE: The delicacy"
I also found one for sea cucumbers, sometimes incorrectly called sea slugs. The recipe says to make sure they're rinsed well so that the slime and dirt are washed off, then you cook them in coconut milk. Yum.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The delicacy"
WEll, Sea Cucumbers sounds a whole lot better than Sea Slugs. A little vinagrette....

BTW, sea urchins (some kinds at least)are quite tasty.

04-02-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The delicacy"
Yeah, I found that one too. I don't know if it is worse than a bat.

BTW: I understand that Palau was settled by Indonesian people. Do they have delicacies that might have been brought to the island?

Wezzie 72 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: The delicacy"
In their pre-game training, the survivors were told that sea cucumbers are a safe food source. They expected to eat sea cucumbers, but there just weren't very many at their beaches.

My vote goes to fruit bat because it was what I expected them to eat in Vanuatu if they'd had a GRC. Remember laplap (steamed fruit and taro in a banana leaf), the Vanuatu national dish? Well, on special occasions it's served with meat, either pig or fruit bat. Yu Mi Ambae said that the bat is looking up at you when you open the banana leaf, so I assume it's put steamed whole. Anyway, I thought fruit bat was too good for Survivor to pass up in Vanuatu, but they did, so I bet it's on the menu in Palau.

04-03-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The delicacy"
Yes, it appears to be cooked in a broth or steamed. If you go to the link above there are pictures of a bat in a bowl and a lady eats it.

04-03-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wezzie Click to send private message to Wezzie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The delicacy"
Ewwwww...

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "Now THAT is gross!"
And I've eaten a lot of weird things, being Chinese! I regularly chew on chicken bones a la Shii Ann, and sea cucumbers? Delicious! But fruit bat is a bit much, even for me I think - eeyuch!

Thanks for sharing, though

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Now THAT is gross!"
Sea cucumbers are delicious. I used to get them at this Chinese restaurant in Houston. The first time I ordered them I didn't know a sea cucumber was an animal, but I'm glad I made that mistake! I can't find them anywhere else, though.

Sea urchins, however, taste like swimming pool water to me (and it doesn't help they have the consistency of, um, snot).

04-04-05, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Now THAT is gross!"
Steamed Fruit Bat... I tried to eat boiled squid once ... UGH. Like trying to chew rubber. But the Fruit bat does seem to fit in with the Evil PMB's sensibility.

(BTW - Watermelon, you want to go on TAR? I need someone who can do the weird food thing. And who can carry a couple of back packs. And me.)

04-05-05, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Now THAT is gross!"
Ooh yes please! I could so do gross food challenges coz I actually LOVE eating squishy chewy things like cuttlefish, jellyfish, squid and octopus! I'm also a kayaker and diver, so water challenges are ok.

What I need is someone to do the heights things - I'm ok with the ones where you let the contraption you're attached to do all the work, eg ziplines, skydiving where the instructor jumps so you kinda go out with him/her! (just be prepared for lots of LOUD screaming, and I keep my eyes closed anyway in these situations)... but there's no way I could do the ones where you're face to face with the ground and actually need to physically move yourself, eg Ray/Deana's walk across the silo or the reverse repel they did once in Australia.

So yeah - find me a loophole so I can become an American citizen, and I would SO love to go on TAR with ANYone!

04-05-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Now THAT is gross!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 06:52 PM (EST)

I can take the screaming. You aren't a dual Cit I guess. Maybe they don't care about USA Cit. Maybe we should pitch a "Hands Across the Water" theme where a pairs from different countries partner up (maybe via boards like this) and compete. Sort of a world peace thing. Lets go.

You've watched the show so you know that the gross foods sometimes are really really gross, i.e. the four pound mixture of cow brain, gland, organ, or the liter or so of blood, or even the two kilos of caviar (yuk - but you might have an edge there) or the live octopi (you might be OK with this too). And I can handle to some extent gross foods. Just open up, hold your nose, chew and, swallow, right?

MB. you listening?

(Webby, you would be glad you allowed this chatter if this board were to be represented on TAR - or even a future Survivor)

04-06-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Now THAT is gross!"
I would't eat 4lb of gross BBQ meat or 2kg of caviar normally, but where there's money at stake, and especially when my Race partner is relying on me, I would just have loads of water on hand and do shots like Bianca with fingers firmly pinching nose. That's where the partner thing is great - if I was in the race individually, I might be tempted to give up. But knowing that someone's relying on me makes me more determined. This goes with the heights detours/roadblocks too.

You've touched on 2 great ideas for TAR here, that I've thought about before:

1. Strangers or people that don't know each other well racing together. At the end of the Race, we see who came away as good friends and who became enemies! Sometimes I think I might perform better racing with someone I'm not as close to though - I have more arguments with loved ones. Familiarity breeds contempt, you know?

2. Cross-cultural/country TAR. I hadn't thought of 2 people from different countries in 1 team though. I had thought of something like an American team vs Australian vs English vs... well, you get the idea.

So, MB, if you're reading this - pick me, pick me! I'm not a US citizen, but I'm Australian and a BIIIIIIIIIG fan! Does that count? If America wouldn't mind another citizen, I would SO go over there and apply if that was the only thing keeping me from the competition!

KrazyKitty 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-04-05, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KrazyKitty Click to send private message to KrazyKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: The delicacy"
They have several different great (and totally gross to us) foods in Palau

Pickled SeaCucumber Intestines (apparently as a defense mechanism they can send their intestines out to satisfy a predator and then regenerate them later.) Just the name is enough to turn most stomachs.

Don't forget our friendly jellyfish they swam with. Maybe mix in a little peanutbutter? Yum!

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "This week's eyemail!"

Well, if the Emydi theory holds this week Koror is going to TC, lol.

Please call me Cat!!

04-04-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littletown Click to send private message to littletown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "odd theory"
this is an odd theory, but if there is a deadlock after two votes and neither of the castaways have previous votes then they go to a physical challenge right? so what if korer does lose, and there is a deadlock and the two castaways must compete in a fire-building challenge to stay?
because in africa one of the contestants was eliminated in a survivor trivia contest when there was a deadlock pre-merge.

anyway that is just a theory.

04-04-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
48. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
Focus..focus..focus...who's the focus...last week it was tom this week Coby....let's see what FP's other email shows..

I told you guys, EPMB knows about my theory now and can't let me have my glory

04-04-05, 09:31 PM (EST)
50. "repeat of thailand"
what if bobby jon and stephanie move with koror thinking it is a merge but then are informed they are two tribed living together.

04-04-05, 10:09 PM (EST)
53. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
Yeah, better start working on the corollary. I’ll Help. (Did I hear groan? Nah, couldn’t be!) EMYDI Corollary No 1;
The main focus of the Mail is safe for two episodes, AND will be either one of the final four or will be gone within four episodes.

Alternate; He/She isn’t in danger except in episodes divisible by 3 unless during daylight savings time.

(I really have a talent with these theories)

04-04-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
54. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
Unless that bolt of lightning just fried the few brain cells I have left, the person standing in front of the person shown in the Eyemail is departing this week.

04-06-05, 08:33 AM (EST)
62. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
EMYDI theory corollary alternate #2:
THe person standing just out of the shot featured in the Eyemail poster is in danger.

(This will end up achieving what Einstein couldn't quite get, the theory about everything)

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-05, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
Just a thought...

What if Coby was to go this week, still no merge, next week Ulong looses, fire challenge, Ep. 10 : "merge".

It was said somewhere that BJ was making the jury, I know it goes against other spoilers, but it's been mentioned before hasn't it?

Feel free to tear this appart!

04-04-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
56. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
Coby? No. Merz is right.

04-04-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
57. "RE: This week's eyemail!"
Agree, not Coby. It will no doubt be a person with dark curly hair.

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-05 AT 05:54 AM (EST)

It took a lot of hard work but I finally solved it. I may have just a couple of things a tiny little teeny bit off, but that is just a minor detail that I can't be bothered with.

E8 opens with the remaining Ulongs bemoaning their situation and wondering how things could possibly get any worse. After a few minutes of this, they check their treemail and are surprised to find some small samples of fruit along with an invitation to dine with Koror at the RC. Feeling mighty happy that they will finally be getting some food, they merrily track off through the woods to the RC site.

Once there, they are disappointed to find that the food promised them is in fact a gross food challenge. Having been raised in Alabama and living almost entirely on squirrels, opossums, and roadkill, BJ says "I'm hongry, bring on the grub".

Dishes are brought before the four competitors and the lids removed to reveal........steamed fruit bat.
Tom: eeeeewwwwww
Ian: eeeeewwwwww
Steph: eeeewwwww
BJ: Got any sauce for those wings?

True to his nature, BJ wolfs down his bat and also the side helping of sea slug, helps Steph finish hers, then starts raiding the plates of Tom and Ian. Declared the winner, Bj and Steph get to depart to a small island where they will partake in a fabulous feast with a local tribal chief, and learn about their customs.

Having underestimated the potency of steamed fruit bat, Bj must excuse himself from the feast that evening, and then make a mad dash to the woods. While hunkered down relieving himself of the tainted delicasy, he happens to notice an unexploded hand grenade. As someone once said about him "being as dumb as a bag of hammers", he thinks it is an unripen pineapple and takes it back to the feast. Upon seeing this, the tribal chief quickly disbands the party and calls for the bomb squad. In one of the vid caps showing the beachfront of a small island, a few people here think they see the image of a boat. That's exactly what it is, the Dangerous Explosives Response Team showing up to dispose of BJs "pineapple".

All of the next day, BJ is stricken with a severe case of intestinal unrest, and spends most of his time burping, belching, and farting, much to the disgust of Steph. She gets mad and after repeated requests for him to stop doing these things goes unheeded, she starts calling him a caveman, a real neanderthal.

That afternoon at the IC, BJ is unable to stop his behavior and continues farting during the entire challenge. Unfortunately for coby, he is directly downwind of all this and begins getting quite irritated after the aroma starts making him feel a little queasy.

BJs malady is really acting up now, and during his swimming portion of the IC challenge, he unintentionally messes himself. With no time to feel embarrassed, he continues on, and in the end he pulls out victory in a very close race.

ULONG WINS IMMUNITY

But wait. It seems JP forgot to add a 30 second penalty to BJs time for polluting the water, and Koror is named the winner of the challenge.

Now JP turns to Ulong, and with contempt in his voice he announces: Well, there is no need for a traditional TC for you two losers, you would just keep voting for each other. Meet me back here in this same spot tomorrow, at the same time, and we will have an elimination challenge to see which of you pathetic numbskulls goes home.

Next day, they meet at the beach as planned, and JP explains the rules and tells them the challenge will be one of building fire. Whichever of you losers gets their fire started first will stay, the slowest will go home.

BJ gets his fire going first but it is discovered he is hiding matches given to him by Richard Hatch, so they must do it over. This time Steph gets hers started first, and since JP didn't see her use one of the smoldering sticks from her previous fire, he declares her the winner. To BJ he says: "You aren't much of a neanderthal man. You ARE the weakest missing link, GOODBYE". As BJ slinks away muttering to himself, Steph returns to her camp all alone to ponder her future in the game.

As the camera starts to fade out, from the direction of a small island in the distance, we hear a muffled explosion. Good job bomb squad, good job.

Like I said, 1 or 2 details might be slightly askew, but overall, this should be pretty close. lmao

04-06-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
63. "RE: I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT"
It's clear now. Gotta whole lotta (Rosie? no, unfortunately) votes to change. Lets see, BJ's alimentary system can handle road kill but not a little ole fruit bat, Ulong wins but is penalized, Koror is caught cheating..... should be a good show.

Sera, got anything to add?

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT"
That is hilarious! I have tears rolling down my face. ( Heads off to check mascara)

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
What is EPMB doing by showing us Ian saying who the final 4 will be:

From the CBS website: "VO: Plus, could there be a shocking secret alliance between the 2 tribes? Ian: Final 4 is me, you , Stephenie and Katie. Coby: What? VO: Don't miss an all new Survivor, CBS Thursday."

Does Steph have an alliance with Ian and Katie and now Ian is including Tom in the final 4? Or is this more misdirection?

MB wouldn't spoil the end himself would he? Or is this really the Jumping the Shark season?

Sorry I didn't know where else to post this and I didn't notice this in the other threads.

Braveheart

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
Great question! I am wondering why this type of scheming is even happening this time if this episode is mostly about Stephanie vs. BJ in a sole fire starting competition (sez the current spoilers.)

I'm hoping for some drama!

04-07-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
I think Coby will provide the drama this week Jazz!

Seriously, does anyone have any ideas as to why MB would show Ian naming the final 4 which is pretty close to Merz spoilers?

Braveheart

04-07-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
69. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
Misdirecting the misdirection?

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
The final 4 is me, you Stephanie, and Katie.

Myself, I'm leaning toward some misdirection and possible scheming. Of course the "me" is Ian, Steph and Katie are mentioned by name.........but we don't actually know who the "you" is. All we have is the picture of Tom being included, perhaps to make us think in that direction. Maybe "you" could be Coby, Gregg, or any of the others, and the picture of Tom is being included because Tom is being double crossed, or maybe he overhears the two people plotting. I don't know.

04-07-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
71. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-05 AT 05:33 PM (EST)

I think the only reason they are showing this is to give the audience false hope that Stephenie (or, I should say, a Ulong) makes the final 4. And it was probably included in the preview to make the audience think the tribes are merging tonight.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
Except it was only in the Web preview, which is usually only seen by people who already have some background knowledge of the show. I think he was throwing the whole "Strategies Revealed" theory in our faces.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
Except it was only in the Web preview, which is usually only seen by people who already have some background knowledge of the show. I think he was throwing the whole "Strategies Revealed" theory in our faces.

In my area they showed the preview during TAR recrap, the one of Ian saying who his final 4 was, so I don't think it was solely a web preview.

04-07-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
74. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
Dweeze, VG posts caps for all the different promos at Phoenix. Usually stuff from the web promo makes it into the TV promos later in the week.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
We know in the first episode that Tom and Katie made a pact that included Ian. Next we saw Ian pick Katie first out of all the players in the pick 'em. At their only TC, the Tom/Ian relationship is spotlightedby other Korors. Fairly safe to say that the "you" is Tom.

04-07-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
76. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
All great insight guys, thanks. I think BR is probably right when he says that MB is giving the audience false hope by including Steph in the final 4. I still think it's a first for even EPMB to name 3 out of the final 4 (if the Merz spoilers are right). Is it possible Merz is wrong? Or is it as Kingfish said: "Misdirecting the misdirection?"

MB usually doesn't just throw the winners in out face like that.

Braveheart

04-07-05, 06:58 PM (EST)
77. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
didn't snewser say all would be wrong in the end,
which means mersaydeez will be wrong before the end,
maybe a pre-final four boot for Tom.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
Snewser explained his comment. See the discussion here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5784&forum=DCForumID2&omm=42

Everyone has ALREADY been proven "wrong in the end"...so unless Snewser makes any additional posts on the subject, it should be considered a spoiler that has run it's course...

Krautboy

04-07-05, 11:13 PM (EST)
79. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
This is really a good question, why give it mostly away now?

The final four giveaway (well final three. - less steph) might make sense if this is mentioned once, in this episode, and not mentioned again, AND if MB uses the remaining episodes to work other misdirections. One of which will be - Steph leaves. And there is the remaining question of who the fourth is to roil the thinking.

By the time the final four is upon us, the general audience may go 'Oh yeah', and feel like somehow they knew it along. Subconsciously. It would be a surprise but not a totally unexpected one thus not an audience ambush. A deja-vu type TV hook. And they can't wait to see the next season because somehow it makes them feel like they get it, producing a type of endorphin pleasure.

Giving the real final four(three) a quick focus now allows the audience to think of these guys as real possibilities for a brief moment, and allows them to have a favorite among this group. Thus they won't feel (as) betrayed with the voting when their real favorites (Steph?) gets the boot. This might be true for the final two too.

And we are they.

04-08-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
80. "RE: See-BS Misdirection: Episode 8-Final 4"
What a great concept kingfish! Aloowing the audience to actually feel like they "get it" in anticipation for next season.

I just can't get it out of my head that maybe this is a misdirection. One of the trivia questions on CBS's fantasy game this week is "What player has a secret alliance with Tom, Ian and Katie?" It's just so in our faces!

What if Tom, Katie and Ian are not in the final 3?

I'm having a hard time accepting that MB would give it away.

But I just don't see who else could make the final 4 (3).

Braveheart

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •