The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-23-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Gay Idol Journal – Finals Week One

1. Jasmine Trias
Diva of the Week for Week One goes to this non-threateningly sexy Hawaiian siren. In her silvery peach satin shirred top, with the ubiquitous white Plumeria behind her right ear (‘I’m single!’) she was a lovely throwback to a simpler and classier era. Her spot-on vocals (combined with lowered expectations by the viewing public) were a pleasant surprise, earning her a great deal of water-cooler buzz this week. (The element of surprise is a crucial thing for a true Diva to master.)

2. LaToya London
Though I find her performing skills to be a bit cold and mechanical, you can’t fault this Diva for her image this week. In her sexy black plunging halter, tight black pants, and carefully placed accessories, she certainly dressed to impress. And her sexy new choppy do framed her lovely face perfectly. Still, as viewers come to expect this level of performance from her, it will become stale… and lose the shock value that worked so well for Jasmine this week. You’d better switch things up girl, and quick!

3. George Huff
Though I haven’t been a huge fan of his up to this point, George easily outclassed the other men in his glossy navy dress shirt and slacks. He also earns Most Improved this week. His new close cropped cut, and the removal of the unfortunate caterpillar from his face, were both huge successes in bringing him closer to his chronological age. And his carefree performance, complete with his signature ‘dips,’ would enchant even the most hardened of viewers (trust me, I would know.)

4. Jennifer Hudson
I love me some Jennifer. And despite previous lapses in judgment, this week’s ensemble was light-years better (though perhaps a bit too safe?) In a white tank, black pinstripe jacket, and black stiletto heels, she marched across the stage like she owned the place. When Jennifer takes more risks that pay off, in wardrobe and song choice, she’ll start getting the votes she deserves. Until then, I’m prepared to vote until my fingers bleed.

5. Fantasia Burrino
Fantasia wore what was arguably the best outfit of the night, a sexy, fitted black wide-pinstripe suit with slimming black side panels. So, what puts her so low on my list? First of all, her somewhat cocky attitude is really starting to bug me. So, I’ll offer her an Attitude Adjustment. Secondly, let’s talk about her hair… the stark-cropped hairline is harsh and unflattering, and it has to go, yesterday. And while we’re at it, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone who was a better candidate for porcelain veneers. Every time she smiles, I wince. Forget William Hung, Extreme Makover, how about Fantasia Burrino? The money would be much better spent here!

6. Jon Peter Lewis
Jon finds himself somewhat higher on my list than one might think. Sure, his gapped-tooth grin is in need of work. Sure his wardrobe (this week, an olive/white web-patterned shirt) could use sexing-up. Sure his dance moves are anything but suave. Still, his mussy look, including his downright adorable wavy mop-top, is endearing as hell. And his aw-shucks attitude is ingratiating and sincere. Okay I admit it, I have a crush.

7. John Stephens
This week, John’s look was nearly as dull as his performance (and that’s really a slam.) In a predictable charcoal suit, burgundy tie and white shirt, John looked like he was ready for his local Presbyterian Church annual banquet. If he’s gonna sell me on the rat-pack thing, he’d better step up the look, pronto. The rat-pack were always cutting-edge cool, and John simply isn’t.

8. Leah LaBelle
Based on looks alone, Leah should be much higher on my list. In fact, she looked downright hot this week, in super-low cut blue jeans, and a retro yellow cowl neck top. (And her sleek ironed-flat hair framed her lovely face perfectly.) Too bad look was all she had going for her this week. Her attitude and self-image were nearly as flat as her voice. Let’s face it, folks, she stank up the stage. American chose right.

9. Diana Degarmo
Unfortunately, though I love her spunk and appreciate her pipes, Diana simply bugs. She is waaay to cutesy-perky for me, in a cloying Jon-Benet sort of way, and it totally turns me off. Doing nothing to combat that was her hyper-cute peach rhinestone encrusted tank, and her new perky-severe highlighted curly hairdo.

10. Amy Adams
Amy’s outfit was not bad really; the pink, black, and yellow rayon top was flattering and stylish. But most eyes never get below her neck, drawn upward by the severity that is her head. With her too-pink hair (soooo unoriginal, I’m afraid!) and too-black eyebrows (and she’s a stylist? God forbid!) Amy’s look is unflatteringly stark and distances her from a public who simply can’t relate to her. Add in her vocally weak performance, and timid stage presence, and I thought for sure she was a goner this week. Here’s hoping she gets a full makeover, stat.

11. Camille Velasco
Yes, she’s a pretty girl, with a pretty voice. Her lovely (but bland) yellow cotton scoop-neck top and olive jeans were somewhat flattering. And I could quibble with her bouncy curly locks, but I won’t. What I will fault her for is a complete lack of self-confidence. Any true Diva knows that if you want anyone to believe in you, you first must believe in yourself. I would honestly rather see a mediocre talent perform with utter abandon (ie: Britney Spears) than a talented performer slink onto the stage apologetically and eek out a song while nearly vomiting from stage fright. Who chose this girl anyway?

12. Matt Rogers
I must admit I can barely stomach this cut-rate-Tom Jones. As soon as he took the stage overconfidently, looking pudgy and pale in his powder blue dress shirt, I had to divert my eyes to avoid nausea (which was not unlike my reaction to The Passion of the Christ.) Again… who picked this guy? And why was Lisa Leuschner robbed from a spot so that this loser could inhabit it? Heck, I’d prefer Josh Gracin to this.

There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists. I say, to those who scoff, they can all kiss my tanned, hairless, Stairmaster-toned a$$.

Larry Johnson is a comedy writer, currently working for Disney TV. Look for his weekly commentary from a gay point of view. Please check out his website, http://www.gaycomedyjournals.com/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... greenmonstah 03-23-04 1
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... Loquatrix 03-23-04 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... Chrissy gal 03-23-04 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... frisky 03-23-04 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... Angelfood 03-23-04 5
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... strid333 03-24-04 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... So_Opinionated 03-24-04 7
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... qwertypie 03-24-04 8
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... ElroyJetson 03-24-04 9
 I have a big grin Breezy 03-24-04 10
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... samboohoo 03-24-04 11
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... Bebo 03-24-04 12
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week ... Lolly 03-24-04 13
 Yes! Devious Weasel 03-24-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-04, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Doing the happy dance...YOU are simply wonderful!

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
There are certainly some who will scoff at my use of shallow, surface attributes to judge our Idol Finalists...

What, there is some other standard?

P.S. Where do I send fan mail entreating you to marry me, since surely it is only the lack of a good woman, etc etc etc?

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-23-04, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Great commentary Larry, but you missed Camille's sweatband on her wrist. What is up with that? Is that a new fashion statement? (I have already been informed that the colors have something to do with Reggae music, but I still don't get it!)

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-04, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
I.HEART.LARRY!!!

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-23-04, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Bravi!
Can't wait to read what you think of Jennifer's make-under in Week 2.
Glad you are feeling better.
Smooches.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-24-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Yay! The only reason to watch is so I know what you are talking about in these summaries!

Three is the perfect number.

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Paula YOU'RE FIRED....Larry Johnson you are the man. Up to the Suites, Paula to the streets.

Although i didn't agree with all your comments I loved your comments. I loved it. You have a fan and now I will be looking for your comments weekly. Don't let us down

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Hooray!!! You are back! Very insightful as always and not too catty. Can't wait to see your week 2 analysis.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
The prodigal diva has returned! Thanks Larry!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I have a big grin"
*hopping up and down and clapping* Our Diva is back!! Our Diva is back!!! Yeah!!!! *smooch* So glad you're feeling better Larry.

As always you were spot on, on all your comments.

Just say no to trolls.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Glad you are back. The boards aren't the same without you.

We really miss you on the Survivor Boards . . .

Samboohoo

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Larry! Dang it, I was considering fading away from this screeching howlfest known as AI3, but I can't if you're going to keep giving us columns.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Finals Week One"
Yay, you're back!

Ooooh, this is gonna make this AI season so much fun. I can't wait for last night's journal entries.

Thanks

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Yes!"
Survivor next? Pretty please?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •