The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
Let's just get on with the choices, shall we?

1. Colin/Christie grab a taxi, which ends up getting a flat tire. The driver has to borrow a spare from Kami/Karli's taxi because he doesn't have one. They end up on the second charter flight to Nairobi.

2. Linda/Karen also have taxi troubles when theirs rouns out of oil. The driver has to call for another taxi. They end up on the last charter flight to Nairobi.

3. At the airport, Colin/Christie refuse to pay the driver $100 because they got a flat tire and were passed by two other teams. The driver won't leave until he gets his money. Colin gets very angry with him and almost gets thrown in jail. He finally does pay the $100.

4. Kami/Karli miss a flag at the Off Plane detour. They turn around and end up following Brandon/Nicole to the clue box. They get the second spot and end up last at the pitstop. They lose all their money.

5. Chip/Kim and Linda/Karen both choose the Off Road detour, but they both get stuck in the sand. They finish 3rd and 4th respectively.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #4 PrimeCupEevee 08-25-04 1
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Draco Malfoy 08-25-04 2
   RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... anotherkim 08-25-04 5
       RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... Draco Malfoy 08-26-04 18
 #4 PepeLePew13 08-25-04 3
 #4 StarryLuna 08-25-04 4
 #4 ARnutz 08-25-04 6
 #6 Cleveland Guy 08-25-04 7
 #4 AMAI 08-25-04 8
   No money gatortod 08-25-04 11
 #4 dajaki 08-25-04 9
 #4 memacmur 08-25-04 10
 #3 gatortod 08-25-04 12
   RE: #3 buscemi 08-25-04 13
       RE: #3 teesosh 08-26-04 19
 4 Oscirus 08-25-04 14
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... minky 08-25-04 15
 #3 definitely qwertypie 08-26-04 16
   RE: #3 definitely Redemption 08-26-04 17
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: E... ihatecolin 08-27-04 20
 #4 realitybites 08-28-04 21
 Three -- duh! Molaholic 08-29-04 22
 Get your votes in ssshaw 08-30-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PrimeCupEevee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PrimeCupEevee Click to send private message to PrimeCupEevee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#4"
As long as you're not last, I don't think it matters too much. I think they were redundant in following B/N as they know B/N are just as fast as they are, and they basically know they would have to wait 45 minutes for the second plane.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
>4. Kami/Karli miss a flag at
>the Off Plane detour.
>They turn around and end
>up following Brandon/Nicole to the
>clue box. They get
>the second spot and end
>up last at the pitstop.
> They lose all their
>money.

Definitely my choice. The others weren't as devestating. It'll be interesting to see how the twins do now that they're apparently turning to prostitution.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
It'll be interesting to see how the twins do now that they're apparently turning to prostitution.

**shudder**

Miscellaneous Ramblings
-- agree with vote for #4. that's my vote as well.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-04, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
Hey, that's what it looks like to me. They mention being "young and pretty", then we see them talking to men out of their car window... sounds like hooking to me!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "#4"

>1. Colin/Christie grab a taxi, which
>ends up getting a flat
>tire. The driver has
>to borrow a spare from
>Kami/Karli's taxi because he doesn't
>have one. They end
>up on the second charter
>flight to Nairobi.

To me, the bigger Not-So-Move was Kami and Karli allowing their taxi driver to stop to help out C/C's taxi and giving over the spare tire. You're in a race, don't stop to help out other teams especially when there's only five teams left! It wasn't C/C's fault the taxi had a flat tire, so wasn't so much a bad move for them but more of a bad luck situation.

>2. Linda/Karen also have taxi troubles
>when theirs rouns out of
>oil. The driver has
>to call for another taxi.
> They end up on
>the last charter flight to
>Nairobi.

Again a situation that had bad luck, not a bad move.

>3. At the airport, Colin/Christie refuse
>to pay the driver $100
>because they got a flat
>tire and were passed by
>two other teams. The
>driver won't leave until he
>gets his money. Colin
>gets very angry with him
>and almost gets thrown in
>jail. He finally does
>pay the $100.

Definitely a BAD move... but didn't cost them the game as they still made it back in time for their flight -- but a potentially damaging one if the cops had any guts and threw him into jail for dressing them down and not showing proper respect for the authorities. They could have said "You know what? You need a cooling off period. Why don't you take a seat for 12 hours behind bars?" The U.S. embassy would have been all over their arses for this, though.

>4. Kami/Karli miss a flag at
>the Off Plane detour.
>They turn around and end
>up following Brandon/Nicole to the
>clue box. They get
>the second spot and end
>up last at the pitstop.
> They lose all their money.

Ding, ding, we have a winner. Didn't one of the twins say she saw the flag? Why didn't they just turn right away instead of keeping on driving around like a headless chicken?

>5. Chip/Kim and Linda/Karen both choose
>the Off Road detour, but
>they both get stuck in
>the sand. They finish
>3rd and 4th respectively.

More a bad luck situation. Didn't hurt them in the end, even if they barely edged out the twins.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-25-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "#4"
Definitely and Pepe already explained all the reasons why

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
Searching for Jillian Barberie since 2004.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#4"
Again the clueless ones make a boo-boo which put them in last. If it had been elimination, they would've lost the race because of this.

#3 ranks a close 2nd: This could have been a devastating move for C/C, why the heck do they keep getting so lucky?

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#6"
Chip and Kim (or chip) gives a $20 tip to one taxi driver, and leaves himself short on another.

HE got really lucky this driver wasn't as stuck up as Colins (helped that he was more begging than confrontational), but come'on he stiffed a taxi driver due to over paying one early on. This was a bad move - he got really lucky with

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "#4"
The K Twins are idiots. They're not in a country full of yellow & red items or even colorful items. It's also not like they hadn't much money to lose. These girls have been seriously hoarding cash (other teams could take note).

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-25-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "No money"
Keep in mind that Chip and Kim also have no money. But Chip and Kim will get money at the beginning of the next leg.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-04, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "#4"
No question that this put them in last place. It's so funny that the twins want to slow down and think things through, but how much do you have to think through two flags bracketing a gate into an airport?

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-25-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#4"
Clearly cost them a chance for second place.

They were smart enough to stop, but not smart enough to get out. As a result, we (the viewers) have to watch them work their charm on the locals at the start of the next episode.

MEmacmur

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-25-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "#3"
All right, someone needs to be different. Yes, the twins are in last place ... but they were not eliminated. Colin made a total donkey of himself over $50! It would have been interesting to see what Colin would have done if he had only 5 minutes (vs. hours) to negotiate with the Cabbie.

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-25-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: #3"
If he had 5 minutes, he would have caved w/in the 5 minutes. He was arguing for as long as he did b/c his plane didn't leave for hours.

teesosh 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-26-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teesosh Click to send private message to teesosh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: #3"
"If he had 5 minutes, he would have caved w/in the 5 minutes. He was arguing for as long as he did b/c his plane didn't leave for hours. "

I TOTALLY agree. Colin is THE slickiest, savviest player EVER- his little-baby-hissy-fit was merely an ingenious ploy to get a few extra bucks to treat his Special Lady to a fine dinner at the next Pit Stop. He could've turned off his SIMULATED anger any time that he wanted! We just need to remember, since Colin IS God, he can do no wrong, therefore everything he does is A-OKAY!!!!!!!!

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-25-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "4"
1-Luck of the draw can't blame them for that one
2-also luck not due to anything that they were doing
3-Stupid? yes but Colin knew where he was and was alwways aware of his time so not this one either
4- Bingo Thats just rediculous
5-Well if they would have chose the off road detour they would have finished 4th and 5th respectively with chip/ kim more than likely in last place.

minky 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-25-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minky Click to send private message to minky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
#4. They could have been second and still had all that cash.
They could be at such a disadvantage that they are eliminated next because of it.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "#3 definitely"
Maybe not for the race itself but for future endorsements and offspring. Hopefully Christie will RUN AWAY FAST when she sees the episode -- and she apologized for her reaction to him being a controlling jacka$$ (that made me feel sick to my stomach). Hopefully other women will steer clear as well.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Or was not so move of the week just supposed to be about the race?

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-26-04, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: #3 definitely"
Cannot blame Colin because all the teams let him do whatever he wants.

The twins could have been nice and let him call another cab.

What happens if the twins had had a flat tire after giving colin their spare?

Sorry but how many freakin red and yellow flags do you see in
the middle of the desert? Um, chances are this is Amazing race flag.

If the twins turn to prostitution I hope the editors don't cut too much out....It will be interesting becasue although men in dubai like young american girls, they usually will not give them too much, rather than expect a lot.

ihatecolin 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-27-04, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ihatecolin Click to send private message to ihatecolin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 8"
Now as a summary writer myself for another board (okay a soap opera board who let me get away with murder) I thoroughly enjoyed your rant uh, take on this week's episode. For some reason, I missed part of (must've fallen asleep at the wheel again..sorry Linda)but your summary painted a pretty clear picture. Love your nicknames for St. Chipper (and how do we know that Kim is really in this race anyway?) and The Blonde n The Nutcase (you guess) as well as for the most hated character on the planet as you can tell by my nickname. Oh Oh how I hated that he was even a little bit right about the tires! Of course Miss Confused couldn't get a word in edgeways...she's obeying her Master and right after the race is over..she's POOF!..going back in the bottle. Now even Major Nelson wasn't like this but then again he did morph into Old J. R. didn't he? Oh how I miss Will n Tara!!! Hey, just had an idea! Now that Donny has gotten smart n dumped Allison, hopefully Crazy will dump Confused and hook up with her. NAH!!! Let's see, who's left (Crazy n Confused, The Blonde n The Nutcase, St. Chipper n what's her name..hmm oh yea now I know THE TWINS!!!!) I think Adria n Natalie picked the wrong show n should've gone on this one or traded plces with Kami n Karli n Ole Marvin would've kicked them out a long time ago (they're gonna charm the natives huh) Phil's gonna be peeing in his pants laughing so now I guess you know who I'm pulling for: if only Karen would suck it up n pick up the slack for her partner...GO BOWLING MOMS!!

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-04, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "#4"
The twins miss another clue and fall behind again? Gee, what a shock!

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Three -- duh!"
1. Colin/Christie grab a taxi, which ends up getting a flat tire. The driver has to borrow a spare from Kami/Karli's taxi because he doesn't have one. They end up on the second charter flight to Nairobi.
Just a portent of things to come. Really, how many of us bother to check the tires before grabbing a taxi?

2. Linda/Karen also have taxi troubles when theirs runs out of oil. The driver has to call for another taxi. They end up on the last charter flight to Nairobi.
See #1 reply. Good thing the Moms ditched those unlucky Bowling Moms shirts (see INSIDER)

3. At the airport, Colin/Christie refuse to pay the driver $100 because they got a flat tire and were passed by two other teams. The driver won't leave until he gets his money. Colin gets very angry with him and almost gets thrown in jail. He finally does pay the $100.
Pick your adjective: Colin the (Vice President Cheney's first name); Colin the (terminus of gastrol-intestional tract); Colin the Ugly American; Colin the Jerk; Colin the Clueless; Colin the Should-Have-Been-Tanzanian-Jail-Bird.

4. Kami/Karli miss a flag at the Off Plane detour. They turn around and end up following Brandon/Nicole to the clue box. They get the second spot and end up last at the pitstop. They lose all their money.
What? K&K making a bone-head (bones-heads?) move? Biggest surprise since hearing Phil-baby say "a detour is a choice between two tasks, ..."

5. Chip/Kim and Linda/Karen both choose the Off Road detour, but they both get stuck in the sand. They finish 3rd and 4th respectively.
But neither of them broke their cars.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Get your votes in"
I will post the results tomorrow morning.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •