The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interview with Willard and Angie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interview with Willard and Angie"
Good interview by rose54321 at MESS:

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessageRange?topicID=1130.topic&start=156&stop=156

Two interesting quotes:

============

WS: Well, I became the answer to a trivia question, “Who’s the only Survivor to be sent home from a tribe that never lost an immunity challenge?” I’m right up there with Wanda and Jonathan, the Survivors who never got to play the game! It’s a narrow list of people who had oddities happen to them!

Q: Willard, we finally got to see some of your tribe’s strategy last night. Were you surprised to learn that Gregg was working both sides?

WS: Not particularly. I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, and you may recall at the end, I told the tribe to stick to the plan and finish Koror off, little words of encouragement. That was actually my attempt to put a tiny little blade into Tom’s back, because he has been telling people “We have to function as a tribe”, and that’s not very strategic as you get closer to the merge. And I think something like the Gregg and Coby, and perhaps alliances with whatever Ulong survivors there are at the merge, is gonna make this fascinating for the next few weeks. There are so many possible permutations.

============

Make that your final answer - Koror does not lose any IC.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... Flowerpower 03-20-05 1
 RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... iatovttotx78 03-20-05 2
   RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... volsfan 03-20-05 3
       RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... LibraRising 03-20-05 4
           RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... volsfan 03-20-05 5
           RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... Brownroach 03-21-05 6
               RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... aethelstan 03-21-05 7
                   RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... television 03-21-05 8
                   RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... volsfan 03-21-05 9
                       RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... Brownroach 03-21-05 10
                           RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... aethelstan 03-21-05 12
                               RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... LibraRising 03-21-05 13
                               RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... Brownroach 03-21-05 17
                                   RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... aethelstan 03-22-05 19
                                       RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... Brownroach 03-22-05 20
                       RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... aethelstan 03-21-05 11
                           RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... volsfan 03-21-05 14
                           RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... emydi 03-21-05 15
                           RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... PepeLePew13 03-21-05 16
                               RE: Interview with Willard and Angi... robindobindoodledoo 03-21-05 18
                                   That's how it was AyaK 03-22-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
Great catch, forehead! Just another piece of info that corresponds with the Mersaydeez spoiler...

Willard also hints how the remaining members of the Ulong tribe may affect the tribal dynamics at Koror! I thought it was an interesting choice of words on his part....whatever Ulong survivors there are at the merge,

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-20-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
Although I like the idea that Koror never looses an IC couldn't he just mean that he is the only person to be voted off a tribe that hadn't lost an IC up to that point. I don't think it necessarily means that Koror never looses, just that they hadn't lost yet.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
“Who’s the only Survivor to be sent home from a tribe that never lost an immunity challenge?”

The quote doesn't say up to that point...he clearly states never lost an immunity challenge

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-20-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
I've gotta agree with iatovttotx78. I'm pretty sure, being a lawyer familiar with the penalty for breaking contracts, Willard wouldn't be giving out spoilers like that.

Techinally, the "up to that point" could be implied. Even if Koror lost all the rest of the ICs, Willard was still sent home by a tribe that never lost an immunity challenge.

That being said, I think he's right either way. Willard's assessment of Ulong was pretty dead-on.

03-20-05, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-05 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

We can agree to disagree on this.

I don't think Willard or anyone else would say something like "a team that NEVER lost an immunity challenge" and whether said or implied to mean "up to that point".

Not only that...Willard actually says that he became part of a trivia question as to the only person to be voted out of a tribe that never lost an IC.

These two things add up to me meaning that Koror doesn't lose an IC.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
How does it make Willard the answer to a trivia question if it's qualified by "up to that point"? Then he'd be in the same category as everyone else who was the first boot from their tribe.

I think Willard slipped up with this remark.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-21-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
How does it make Willard the answer to a trivia question if it's qualified by "up to that point"? Then he'd be in the same category as everyone else who was the first boot from their tribe.

Not so. All the 'first boots' became first boot because their tribe lost a challenge. Willard is the only survivor to be booted from a tribe without that team having lost the previous TC. The only other possibility here is John P from last season but he lost the subsequent individual challenge so it isn't the same.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
Also, John's tribe lost already in the first episode, when they booted Brook. So, up to that point they had lost one already.

03-21-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
stan, but the logic is still correct...how can Willard be the answer to a trivia question if the stipulation is...up to that point? Everyone in Survivor has been booted (or called the quit bus which doesn't count) due to losing a challenge EXCEPT Willard...right?

03-21-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
Thanks, vols -- stan is right that there is a difference, but you are making my point: he's not the answer to the trivia question as he stated it if someone else gets booted from Koror.

03-21-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
Ok. There seems to be a semantical issue here and I suppose that's the whole point of the discussion.

I think that even if Koror goes on to lose, Willard still is in a party of 1 (to which only Pappy, John P, Jonathan and Wanda have even a tenuous link): a survivor that never lost an IC, individually or in a team, and yet was booted.

That being said, it may also be the case that he is the only survivor booted from a tribe that (with him or without him) have never lost an IC.

I see that given the way he phrased it in the interview, while the first will always be true, the second is strongly suggested. The question then is, if you were in Willard's shoes, and Koror did lose at least one future challenge, would you not still feel like you were the answer to a trivia question and, being so, how would you phrase that, without being overly wordy?

My guess? Just as Willard has done.

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
World Travel Tips

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-21-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
I think that even if Koror goes on to lose, Willard still is in a party of 1 (to which only Pappy, John P, Jonathan and Wanda have even a tenuous link): a survivor that never lost an IC, individually or in a team, and yet was booted.

What I was trying to say, but much clearer!

Still doesn't matter...Ulong can't win no matter how the deck gets stacked in their favor

03-21-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
The question then is, if you were in Willard's shoes, and Koror did lose at least one future challenge, would you not still feel like you were the answer to a trivia question and, being so, how would you phrase that, without being overly wordy?

"Who is the only survivor to be sent home from a tribe that had yet to lose an immunity challenge at the time?"

Not much wordier that what Willard said. I see your point, but I contend that Willard (lawyer that he is) probably wouldn't have phrased it the way he did if another Koror got voted out after an IC loss.

03-22-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-05 AT 09:48 AM (EST)

I see your point too BR. And you are also right about the lawyer thing.

Personally, I think that it is probably true that Koror never loses another IC. I'm just not sure Willard's comment conclusively confirms it. I will completely agree, though, that his comment does nothing refute such a claim.

In an odd twist, if, in fact, he had said 'at the time' or "up 'til now", we'd be all over it saying that Willard just confirm that Koror will lose a future IC.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess.

World Travel Tips

03-22-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
if, in fact, he had said 'at the time' or "up 'til now", we'd be all over it saying that Willard just confirm that Koror will lose a future IC. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess.

Absolutely right - LOL.

03-21-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
I think that we're agreeing here, Doc, but I'm not completely sure.

Seems to me that it doesn't matter what happens at Koror from here on out. They could lose every IC from here on out and Ulong make the biggest comeback since Chuay Gahn and Willard would still be the answer to the trivia question: "Which Survivor was voted out despite the fact that the team that he was on never lost a challenge?" Note that as soon as he was booted, Koror is no longer 'his' team because he's not on it anymore. That is to say, if Koror goes on to lose the next (few) ICs, Willard will be able to say that he was the reason they won all the time because without him, they started losing! (ok. we know that this isn't likely but it would still be accurate).

World Travel Tips

03-21-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
I understand where you are coming from. I guess we will just have to wait and see how this plays out!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
stan, this is how I read it too...Willard is sort of akin to the tribal Paschal...Willard was booted despite his tribe not losing a challenge. Paschal was booted despite never getting a vote...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

It's worth keeping in mind that Willard supposedly went out on a trip somewhere after getting booted without spending the whole time in Loser Lodge (most of the others did go on a trip somewhere in clusters) ... so it's theoretically possible he doesn't know exactly where some of his teammates finished or made assumptions on how the tribe did.

Do we know if they all stay in Loser Lodge until the last non-jury bootee arrives and then are dispersed on trips, or if they can go any time during their stay?

Scratch and sniff

robindobindoodledoo 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robindobindoodledoo Click to send private message to robindobindoodledoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Interview with Willard and Angie"
>Do we know if they all
>stay in Loser Lodge until
>the last non-jury bootee arrives
>and then are dispersed on
>trips, or if they can
>go any time during their
>stay?

That's what I was wondering, too. Especially with the Ashlee, Jonathan, BJ vacation group.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "That's how it was"
That's definitely how it was at one point: all the trips left on either the day before or the day of the first jury arrival, so everyone was gone before a juror got to Losers' Lodge.

I don't know if that has changed, but I wouldn't see why it would.

In that situation, Willard would everyone know who left the game pre-jury.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •