The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why I Love TiVo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

iLuvTiVo 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iLuvTiVo Click to send private message to iLuvTiVo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why I Love TiVo"
Hi ppl!

This is my first post to this board, and indeed my first post to any television show board. Let me tell you, I fell upon SO in the middle of the first season and was hooked! I come home from work, kick off my shoes, and don't bother me: I'm "in the house."

This season, however is embarassing! I just can't believe the stuff going on, and I see a lot of you agree. Now, I'm going to date myself, but today I was reminded of a very sorry period in soap opera history when Dehlia fell in love with an ape at central park zoo and everyone acted as if it was business a usual.

Now to my subject line. I love TiVo because sad to say, I am fast forwarding thru so much these days. Anytime I see Jessica about to start crying, oops, fast forward! Anytime Allison is alone with IV, oops, fast forward! IV ragging on poor Jill, oops! Fast forward!

Well I am just curious, has anyone else resorted to fast forwarding thru this show? 'Tis a pity.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why I Love TiVo dopeydwarf 11-29-05 1
 RE: Why I Love TiVo Phat Girl Slim 11-30-05 2
 RE: Why I Love TiVo yogabrat 11-30-05 3
   RE: Why I Love TiVo Phat Girl Slim 11-30-05 4
 I love TiVo (PVR) Too!!! Woangemon 11-30-05 5
 RE: Why I Love TiVo Ldychef2k 11-30-05 6
 RE: Why I Love TiVo passion4 11-30-05 7
 RE: Why I Love TiVo Redbud 11-30-05 8
 RE: Why I Love TiVo smokin 11-30-05 9
   RE: Why I Love TiVo love 11-30-05 10
 RE: Why I Love TiVo 4theanimals 11-30-05 11
 RE: Why I Love TiVo grace488 11-30-05 12
   RE: Why I Love TiVo mhb0125 12-01-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
I must really hate myself because I drag myself through every minute of the dang thing!!1
By the way, welcome!!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Phat Girl Slim 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Phat%20Girl%20Slim Click to send private message to Phat%20Girl%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
YES! I have been fast forwarding through, I'd guess, 90% of the shows. My husband listens to the show and laughs as he hears the silence of my new friend the >> button. I am aggravated at myself for even watching, since I zip through most of the show anyway, but I feel I've invested so much time already, I just want to know how it'll end. I was elated when I saw on the coming attractions that Lisa got tossed, but then (surprise, surprise) she was sentenced to be a guest. What's up with THAT? Now she's back in after completing that lame exercise. And I wanted to find out what Christine's big secret was, but they never said (or did I fast fwd through that, too?). I'm not sure if I'll make it through the rest of the season... the only two people I care about are TJ and Jill and I am seriously considering just waiting to read about how it all tuned out. I must agree with you though: I ADORE TiVo.

yogabrat 37 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yogabrat Click to send private message to yogabrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
Thank heavens for the >>> button! I still come home, kick my shoes off and watch the show, but it doesn't take more than 20 minutes to do it.

I've watched since day one of season one, and this year is just unbelievably *yawn* boring. I was learning a bit from Allison and her 'helping others' while ignoring her own stuff, but strangely enough, I got the lesson the first time around.

Phat Girl Slim 30 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Phat%20Girl%20Slim Click to send private message to Phat%20Girl%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
Hee hee hee... thanks for replying!!! I was crying to my husband... in other words, I was being Jessica that no one ever replied to my rare but poigniant postings! I am thrilled with TiVo! I get really annoyed when I get "sucked" in by the super fake previews... like when Lisa got tossed out of the house. I'm also pretty tired of everyone glossing over Allisons drinking problem. Now, I just zip right through. I think you and I watch the show for about the same amount of time, Yoga Brat. As the days progress, I am watching less & less of it. Let's see what happens. Happy Asanas

Woangemon 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-30-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woangemon Click to send private message to Woangemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I love TiVo (PVR) Too!!!"
I too got hooked on the show half way through the first season! In canada TIVo is called PVR But I aggree. I love my PVR! I use it to get through commercials. Although I have been sooo tempted to fast forward through Jessicas crying fits. What a phony! I am so sick of her dumping on everyone else. Why do certain house mates get the mamby pamby treatment yet others who deserve love and support in a gentle way get left on the wayside? Jill and TJ work realy hard yet they receive tough love when I know that a gentle guiding hand is all they need.

Allison has disgusted me this season. I want to smack her and say get a grip! You cant treat your other house mates the way you do. Time reveals true colours yes-no?

THis house is so divided I don't know if they will ever be able to pull it all together with eachother.

Ldychef2k 139 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ldychef2k Click to send private message to Ldychef2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
Hi, and welcome !

You know, after reading your post I realized that last season I was so excited about the show and I told everyone I knew about it. To the point that they wanted me to stop !

This season, I don't mention it. I am embarrassed that I even know about the show (only a couple of times a week...otherwise, I spend too much time being torked off). If anyone watched it on my recommendation, I would be apologizing up and down to them.

I didn't realize that until you mentioned it. Wow.

Kris

passion4 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-30-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail passion4 Click to send private message to passion4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
Yes, Yes, Yes! I wait until the weekend to watch my tapes, I FF- Allison and IV, Jessica and Rhonda. I can't bear to looking at Jessica consist crying or Allison's fakeness. It's the same thing over and over again, enough!

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
I've been fastforwarding over most of Jessica's scenes with Rhonda. She is revolting to me. Thank you TiVO!

smokin 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-30-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokin Click to send private message to smokin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who fast forwards!

love 139 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail love Click to send private message to love Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
I have Tivo too. LOve it. I FF though Allison and usually Christina cause I don't like her don't care. I watch Jill and TJ even Lisa only because I know she will be chaos.

4theanimals 32 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 4theanimals Click to send private message to 4theanimals Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
YEP! Just recently I've had my fill! I fast forward through Allison and whoever else becomes annoying...almost all of them at one time or another. But hey think of the free time I'm gaining.

grace488 145 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grace488 Click to send private message to grace488 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
Yesterday I replied to another post about Jessica and that voice of hers. I HAVE to FF thru Jessica's talk to be able to enjoy the show. If it wasn't for Tivo I wouldn't watch telvision at all. A friend told me to get TIVO claimed "it will change your life"-it did.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-01-05, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Why I Love TiVo"
I, too, torture myself by watching every single second of the show. I'm afraid I'll actually miss a glimpse of someone healing! I have a DVR and it is literally a godsend. As soon as I tuck my daughter into bed I immediately watch SO. It's like my sacred time! Been disappointed with much of this season though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •