The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-05, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 6 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-05 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

These are courtesy of Garbotalk at Mess.

Voiceover:

VO: One survivor reveals his faith.
Ibe: I feel like I'm definitely meant to be here. The way things happened I almost think God had a hand in it.
VO: Another reveals her fear.
Janu: I just felt very alone and scared.
VO: One tribe has never won immunity. Now, to stay alive, it all comes down to a do or die challenge.
JP: Go!
Steph: We just need to win now, because we really can't afford to lose anybody else.
VO: Get ready for an unforgettable showdown. New Survivor on a special night, CBS Wednesday.

Please call me Cat!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Loquatrix 03-17-05 1
   RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo JuniorTheorist 03-17-05 9
 RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo volsfan 03-17-05 2
   RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo I_Got_Nutn 03-17-05 3
       RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo volsfan 03-17-05 4
       RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Devious Weasel 03-17-05 6
           RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Devious Weasel 03-17-05 7
           RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Cin 03-18-05 12
               RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo samboohoo 03-18-05 13
                   RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo robindobindoodledoo 03-18-05 18
 Sit outs Flowerpower 03-17-05 5
 RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Risti 03-17-05 8
   RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Devious Weasel 03-18-05 10
       RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Flowerpower 03-18-05 11
           RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Brownroach 03-18-05 14
               RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo Devious Weasel 03-18-05 16
 New vid cap from the build it chall... volsfan 03-18-05 15
   RE: New vid cap from the build it c... Flowerpower 03-18-05 17
       RE: New vid cap from the build it c... volsfan 03-18-05 19
           RE: New vid cap from the build it c... michel 03-18-05 20
   RE: New vid cap from the build it c... Krautboy 03-18-05 21
 Which Challenge is Which? Krautboy 03-18-05 22
   RE: Which Challenge is Which? volsfan 03-18-05 23
   RE: Which Challenge is Which? Flowerpower 03-18-05 24
       RE: Which Challenge is Which? bobscure 03-18-05 25
       RE: Which Challenge is Which? KLicK 03-19-05 28
   Match the Clothing? Risti 03-18-05 26
       VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES SFGW 03-18-05 27
           RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES Flowerpower 03-19-05 29
           RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES Peachezz 03-19-05 30
               RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES Flowerpower 03-19-05 31
                   RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES Peachezz 03-19-05 34
 the "switch" of "shoot and switch" television 03-19-05 32
   RE: the "switch" of "shoot and swit... KLicK 03-19-05 33
       RE: the "switch" of "shoot and swit... emydi 03-20-05 37
       RE: the "switch" of "shoot and swit... television 03-20-05 38
 Regarding the Build it Up/Break it ... Flowerpower 03-20-05 35
   RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break... Debberz13 03-20-05 36
       RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break... SFGW 03-20-05 39
           RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break... SFGW 03-20-05 40
               RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break... Flowerpower 03-20-05 41
                   RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break... knuckles487 03-21-05 42
                       IC/RC SFGW 03-21-05 43
                       RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break... biancaxxx 03-21-05 44
                           Not to be disrespectful... volsfan 03-21-05 45
                               RE: Not to be disrespectful... biancaxxx 03-21-05 46
                               Sitting out the Big Guns? Krautboy 03-21-05 47
                                   RE: Sitting out the Big Guns? forehead 03-21-05 48
                                       IC/RC SFGW 03-22-05 49
   What if ... tribephyl 03-22-05 50
       RE: What if ... LookeeLoo 03-22-05 51
       RE: What if ... biancaxxx 03-23-05 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
What, Ibrehem is being given an Oscar for Best Performance By A Loser In A Losing Tribe?

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-05, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Well, c'mon -- if he lasted more than two episodes you KNEW that this model/waiter was going to be singled out for his faith.

The first Muslim survivor? I'm surprised/dismayed that they kept him in here so far.

Of course, the biggest question is: was his faith already brought up before now, or is he milking it for extended life at camp? If it wasn't an "issue" before now, might is arise as an issue for the other Ulong members?

Possible reactions:
James -- that of redneck'ed disgust (flash back to his comments about a "hoh-mow-secks-y'ull" beating him at the challenge)
Stephanie -- sympathetic; she's been painted (aside from Angie) as the only Ulong to really align with, as viewers
Bobby Jon -- a mixture of confusion and admiration, though ultimately, we know that he'll have to turn on Ibe

I leave out another possibility, that Ibe's faith is purely a machination of the MB machine in order to foreshadow James' boot (via his disgust of non-Christian faiths) in this episode. James seems the most obvious boot (after all, per Mersaydeez, Bobby Jon makes "7" ).

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
This is the best shot of Jiffy saying GO! at the water challenge. I don't see the II but it could be out of the shot:

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-17-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Looks like Tom is sitting this one out and Janu is competing, so my vote is for RC.

03-17-05, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Coby is there too:

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
FWIW, if you go to CBS and watch the promo, the voiceover clearly associates the challenge that involves swimming into the water with Immunity.

Do we know - do they get to find out what the challenge is before they decide who sits out? Considering that the one challenge involves shooting, and if there is some element to it where if you hit the right targets you get to switch tribes, then if Tom is the best marksman, you might want him on that challenge.

Especially if you felt that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you had to vote another person out...

03-17-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Or, this could be another challenge where Koror had to match sexes with Ulong. We do see three men, plus Caryn, lined up for the challenge.

The challenge board lists shoot and switch as the reward challenge.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
One of the problems Koror is going to face now is they can't sit out the same people in back to back challanges. Since they are up 8 to 4, they have to sit out 4 in reward, and the opposite 4 during immunity, so it kinda causes a problem for them and their big guns are going to have to sit out now.

Cin

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
It could be very interesting because they are going to have to be smarter about who sits out for what. IMO, Katie, Jenn and Janu are weak. Ian's is a good swimmer, if not their best, but I don't think he's going to balance out those three.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

robindobindoodledoo 69 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robindobindoodledoo Click to send private message to robindobindoodledoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Immunity is worth more than Reward. I'm sure they'll sit out their better players at Reward & use the better players at Immunity. Only makes sense.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Sit outs"
We can see that Koror has Ian, Janu, and Jen competing in the race into the water challenge.

We see Gregg and Tom positioned behind the guns in the shooting challenge, and we see Caryn and Coby standing in the wings, and in one pic we see Gregg standing next to Coby. The Koror sit outs for this challenge must be Katie, Jenn, Ian and Janu. So therefore it must be Katie, Jenn, Ian, and Janu competing in the race to the water challenge.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"

Beige crate for the blue team, and blue crate for the brown team? I know this isn't the right challenge for it, but the fact that there's "Switch" involved with this episode at all has me going 'hmmmmm' at this. I might blow up that tribal flag next to Jiffy to see if I can make out better what it says.

03-18-05, 00:06 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
If you look at the caps from the Shoot and Switch challenge, you'll see that this is one of the Ulong flags from that challenge. The name of this one is supposedly build it up - tear it down. Maybe that plays in somehow?

03-18-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

The story board has the "build it up-tear it down" as the IC for this week. I think that the RC is the "shoot and switch".

For the "build it up", Perhaps the team mates have to race out into the water on Jiffy's go, and retrieve something out in the water, and then bring the pieces back to build something up on those crates, I don't know how the tear it down part fits in???

ETA: I think in the Shoot and Switch RC that survivors are shooting at their own flags...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Yeah, it looks like Tom hits a Koror flag and BJ hits a Ulong flag...so how does "switch" come into play...

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

03-18-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 6 Web Promo"
Maybe one person starts out and then has to switch with another person? Or maybe you have to switch targets? Or maybe the tribe that wins gets to switch beaches if they so choose?

03-18-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
15. "New vid cap from the build it challenge"

03-18-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: New vid cap from the build it challenge"
I wonder if for the Build it up/Break it down challenge if there is a completed structure of some kind out in the water, that the survivors have to race too, then break down the structure in the water, bringing back the pieces to reconstruct it back on the beach....

Just throwing ideas out here, I see that there is some kind of matching foundation structures for both of the teams in the vidcap above...

03-18-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: New vid cap from the build it challenge"
I have been wondering why in the heck they make them swim. If it is to build something and take it down...then why not be just that. I like the idea of swimming out to something...take it down...and then re-build it on shore. I could see that happeneing.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New vid cap from the build it challenge"
That would be a good challenge but shouldn't the title then read "Break it bown and build it back up"?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-18-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: New vid cap from the build it challenge"

In the background we see Janu and Ibrehem carrying the crates off to some other location, while two of the others from each tribe run into the water(to retrieve items?)

The tribes are perhaps carrying the others tribes pieces as far away as possible or going off to hide them somewhere?

Krautboy

03-18-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Which Challenge is Which?"
So, we've seen the vidcaps and we think we've identified the two challenges...

"Shoot and Switch" and "Build it Up, Break it Down"

The Story Board has "Shoot and Switch" as the RC, while the Speculation by TDT and the folks at SS Mess is the other way around.

What do we think? Would Tom and Greg compete in the RC knowing they'd have to sit-out the IC?

Would the shooters look that intense if they were just competing for Pringles after having Beef Stew the night before?

Guess I agree with TDT at this point...

Krautboy

03-18-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Which Challenge is Which?"
Fever is speculating the "Shoot and Switch" as the IC.

http://www.survivorfever.net/s10_spoilers.html

03-18-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Which Challenge is Which?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

Tom, Gregg, and Coby, all competing in what is supposed to be the RC, leaving only Ian and three weak girls to compete in the IC.....but the VO clearly implies that the build it up/break it down is for IC.... Could the producers make it this way, trying everything in their power to have Ulong win an actual IC....could the producers be stacking the deck in favor of Solong? I just don't know about this....

The shots of Caryn at the Shoot and Switch challenge shows her physically praying....for her survivor life as she knows that she is low man/woman on the totem pole there...she knows if Koror goes to TC, she is toast. So, if I were a betting woman, I'd say that the IC is indeed the shoot and switch challenge.

ETA:

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Which Challenge is Which?"
Hmmm, wouldn't this also dovetail with the Janu info we're getting for this ep? We the gullible viewing audience think they want to vote out witchy Caryn or sickly Janu, only to have Ulong lose yet again.

In my ongoing foolhardy attempt to make the BJ spoiler work, I can't help but wonder if the switch also refers to the alleged kidnapping. I know we see them with each other's boxes and that's probably the switch. If there's more to it I so hope they know about the kidnapping ahead of time and a notformuchlonger throws the challenge in hopes of being dragged off to Koror, paving the way for an unlikely Koror win.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-05, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Which Challenge is Which?"
I can argue either one is RC/IC, but going by who sits out, may be misleading. To give Ulong "a chance" MB may manipulate the rule a little.

One possible explanation for Tom/Gregg/Coby/Caryn doing RC would be MB forcing them to play 3 men and 1 woman. Essentially, Koror would be forced to decide which one man will compete in an IC they have not seen. It would be a toss-up for which of the three (G/I/T) should be "saved."

Caryn would be the logical choice to compete in the RC, leaving the stronger women for the IC.

The "Switch" in the title may be that you have to switch gunners on some "call."

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Match the Clothing?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 10:05 PM (EST)

This picture:

is being edited to suggest this is Ulong on their way to the IC. At least, clothing wise, it matches this:

(although this could be a shot that is actually comparing the different faiths of the men on this tribe)

When you look at the challenges, however, this picture, which immediately follows the walk, appears to be from a different day, as Stephanie isn't wearing her buff, and Bobby Jon is in a *very* different outfit:

Compare that to the Shoot and Switch pics, which show Steph in a buff:

and Bobby-Jon in the Jesus-outfit:

I suppose it doesn't prove anything, except, of course, that these clips are beind edited at least somewhat out of sequence.

ETA: Realized right after I posted this that the first picture actually has James in the forefront, but if you look at the bushes, there does appear to be a man in a beige skirt, and a beige top, or at least light skin... Still, I'm taking Stephanies outfit as definate proof of this being out of sequence.

SFGW 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-18-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES"
Vidcaps are nice, but where can you watch the actual video of these Challenges we are looking at?

Is their one place that has all the actual videos, so you don't have to go to a bunch of different sites, or do you have to search the net for all the Spoiler sites.

Survivor Sucks Tribal has 1 promo, but it does not cover the challenges we are looking at.

It seems VIDCAPS are more prodominant than the actual video's.

1) Any suggestions or Links available to take a person to the best and most up to date VIDEO'S?

2) Where can a person actually see these video's on TV. Or is the Web the only place.

03-19-05, 07:47 AM (EST)
29. "RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES"
here are various places that you can go to view the previews and promos. First, you can go to the CBS.com site, click on Survivor, then click on: Next time on Survivor, view previews.
Secondly, you could go to www.SurvivorPhoenix.com,Click on Previews, then click on Web Promo, view here. Third, you could go to SurvivorSucks@ezboard.com, http://p085.ezboard.com/bsurvivorsucks then click on Mess Hall Tribal Council, then click on Messy Media and you will see links to the promos.

Good luck!

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-05 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

There are two blasts in this picture and an Ulong flag was just hit. It doesn't seem to be in the direction BobbyJon is aiming. I think there are at least two guns being fired at once.

Is there another gun in the background?

Caryn praying.

Gregg immensely relieved.

BobbyJon praying

There is so much intensity in these pictures. My vote is for the shoot and switch challenge to be IC.
It is possible they shoot one gun and then switch to another gun for their next shot.

03-19-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
31. "RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES"
I don't know Peach....I think that there may just be one gun and they take turns firing. I think that the two puffs of smoke that you are seeing in the above BJ shot, are one from the impact on the Ulong flag, while the other is coming from the barrel of the gun that has been shot....

No doubt about these pics, there are very intense feelings being displayed. I'll bet it's a close challenge...

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-05, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: VIDEO PROMO'S AND CHALLENGES"
I can go with your explanation of the two puffs of smoke.

But there is some kind of metal structure in the background of this picture. I can't help feeling it's another gun.

Or maybe it's R2D2.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "the "switch" of "shoot and switch""
I'm assuming that to win the shooting challenge, a tribe needs to shoot all their flags. Hence, if you miss, or shoot the other tribe's flag, it's bad. That seems to make enough sense.

However, the real sticker here is the "switch" aspect of things. In the original storyboard, there was a proposed switch in conjunction with this challenge. If that would still be the case, and someone (or more than one person) does switch tribes, it probably means this would be the IC, as people are lined up in their currently existing tribes for the other challenge.

Maybe the winning tribe gets to pick a member to switch with the other tribe, and gets to pick a member from the other tribe? That would be hard to do without a formal vote, I guess. Is there a temporary switch, a la Rupert? Maybe if you hit the other tribes flag when you shoot, you have to switch tribes (hence the praying and the relieved looking Gregg after not having to do this)... this wouldn't make sense either, as the 4 people not competing would be not be put in that danger. The option that makes the most sense seems to be that the "switch" has something to do with the challenge itself, like switching guns or something. None of these options seem right... maybe if a person misses, their tribemates flail them with a switch - that would certainly explain prayer and relieved looks! Okay, I'm out of ideas - anyone?

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: the "switch" of "shoot and switch""
Couldn't it be as simple as the "SWITCH" written above the title for episode 3 meaning: switch to a different IC/RC spot?

I know that doesn't change the title (which also included "switch") but I don't think MB ever intended to do a tribal swap.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: the "switch" of "shoot and switch""
I agree Klick... I think this was a twist in itself bc Survivors now expect a tribal switch so EPMB didn't do it in S10 and the Switch just means that they switched the challenges to different weeks.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: the "switch" of "shoot and switch""
Hey, that does make sense. Huh...

03-20-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
35. "Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
The VO on the Survivor Ep 6 previews indicates that the Build it Up/Break it down challenge is the IC. Many are speculating how Koror could win this with three females and Ian. Well, I think that this challenge may involve racing out in the water to retrieve various items that are located out in the water. Participants retrieve the pieces and then return them to the marked off foundation area seen in front of the mats. Once all of the pieces are brought back to the area cordoned off, then the teams can assemble/build whatever this is. This could be a puzzle of some kind...2D or 3D. We all know that girls are better at solving puzzles than guys, right? So therefore, maybe having 3 girls on the Ulong team may indeed save them?

Perhaps once whatever it is they are going to do in the cordoned off area is completed, they must open their trunks to find the final pieces of some puzzle.

I am just speculating if a puzzle is involved, perhaps having 3 women on the team will create an advantage for the Koror tribe.

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
Phoenix has new caps up. This is the one I found most interesting. It shows Steph dragging something back to shore and Jenn in the background pushing something. I am assuming that Ian is pulling on whatever Jenn is pushing. Jenn was shown as the last in the water so if they EACH had to grab something she would be not be near as far along as Steph. I think this cap shows us Jenn just trying to keep up with Ian and the object.

I also think in the shots of JP starting the teams his right arm going down is starting the water racers (Steph, BJ, Ian, and Jenn) and his left arm is starting the land racers (Ib, James, Janu, and Katie). So the land part of the challenge can't start until after a certain part of the water part is accomplished
(ex. their team mates have reached the object in the water.)

03-20-05, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SFGW Click to send private message to SFGW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
Have you ever had to keep your arms above your head for any length of time, not easy.

I agree about the 2 different start times, but just not the length of time between them. Maybe you have to wait until the 1st team reaches their targets in the water then Jeff starts the land team on their part of the challenge.

03-20-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
Flowerpower

I know I'm new, and the Promo indicates that the swimming/ build it up and break it down is the IC. But that can be mis-derection.

Katie and Janu sat out the 1 and only challenge they had on episode #5. You can not sit out back to back challenges, which means the very next challenge Janu and Katie have to compete in.

RC is always 1st so whatever Challenge we see Janu and Katie competing in has to be the RC.

The Challenge we see those two in is the Swimming Challenge so that has to be the RC.

Am I correct? Or am I missing something?

03-20-05, 11:36 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
Welcome to the boards, SFGW! Always thrilled to have more peeps participate as it all adds to our collective deductions in spoiling the show!

the Promo indicates that the swimming/build it up and break it down is the IC. But that can be mis-derection.

You bet it could indeed be misdirection! But, is it? I am in the camp that is leaning toward the swimming build it up/break it down challenge is the IC.

You cannot sit out back to back challenges

That is true, you cannot sit out back to back challenges with in the same episode....Once TC has occured, it's a new cycle/episode and so everyone is available to sit out the RC....but, if you sat out the RC, than you cannot sit out the IC...get it? If not, go here! There's an entire thread devoted to this very topic!

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
OK, still learning the ropes around here but I'm gonna throw in my two cents worth. Some of these come from watching the video preview (where most of the vidcaps come from) in full speed about 100 times, and some come from stopping it at various spots another 100 times.

Regarding the discussion of whether JP is starting 2 separate teams because of the pics showing his left arm raised, and then his right arm raised in another. In the preview he is shown saying "GO" while simultaneously dropping his left arm and raising his right arm. It is all one action starting a single event. Why he does it like that I have no idea, but that's all it is.

Before I forget this one, someplace I seen it mentioned that one of the pics showed Ibrehem holding a long pole, and the discussion was that this must be him in the "build it up" competition. I doubt it because after watching the preview so many times, he is doing something with the pole but whatever it is, he is in no hurry to get it done. It looks as though he could be stoking a fire, or some other task, but it certainly doesn't look as though he is in a competition at that time. Most likely a chore around the camp.

Also watching the preview, I cannot see anything in Stephanies left hand while on their walk to a challenge. Her right hand is definitely empty and from everything I can tell, so is her other one. Maybe someone else with better eyes could study it and be able to tell better than myself.

Now the one I am going to have trouble trying to explain coherently.

Which challenge is which:

Despite possibly spotting the Immunity Idol at the water challenge, (very fuzzy picture, not much proof) and all the other reasons given, I have to firmly believe that the water challenge is only the RC. There is just too much misdirection going on here. First there is Stephanies comment saying that "they HAVE to win, they just can't afford to lose anyone else". (or something very close to that) This is being heard as they are showing the players during the water challenge, apparently to give the impression that what we are seeing is a fight for immunity. Last week, we heard James telling his tribemates that if they want to win they cannot give up. For those previews, we heard that while they were showing the players during their challenge. It turned out however, that his comment was said back at camp long before they went to challenge. I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that what Stephanie is saying is from her confessional that we will see BEFORE the challenge, and is merely being played at that point in the previews to create a certain impression.

I also cannot imagine a scenerio where Koror would sit out their big guns (terrible pun intended for shoot and switch) during an IC. They have played a very smart game to this point and there is no reason to think they would have such impaired thinking now. I suppose it is possible that they feel they have such a commanding hold on the game, that losing ONE IC wouldn't hurt so that perhaps they could do away with a troublemaker, but the leadership on that team just seems too smart to start thinking like that. I am sure they know, understand, and fully plan to take each and every win they can since loses to their tribe will come soon enough. So as I said, I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to come up with a believable excuse for them to do something like that.

I will continue to believe the shoot and switch is the IC, and if Wednesday night shows me differently, I am sending my television out for repair since something would HAVE to be wrong with the picture.

I would really like to hear as many thoughts about these things as I can get so I can decide if I am thinking ok or if I am suffering from sleep deprivation.

03-21-05, 05:00 AM (EST)
43. "IC/RC"
Thanks for the info.

I saw on another thread here, someone pointed out the Immunity Idol in the picture that has BJ running in the water. Looks about shoulder high behind BJ.

Kind of blurry, but you can definately see what looks like eyes and the shape of the Immunity Idol. Goes along, and only re-affirms your analysis that the BIU and BID is the Immunity Challenge.

So much for my theory about Janu and Katie sitting out the last challenge and making this the Reward Challenge. Sounded good for a few seconds any way.

Ha Ha.

Better Luck next time.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 05:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Regarding the Build it Up/Break it down Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 05:48 AM (EST)

The immunity idol shot in the Build it up challenge, as well as my orginial sourced info (http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5808&forum=DCForumID2&omm=2) on the storyboard switch can confirm it for you that Shoot & Switch is indeed the RC.

03-21-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
45. "Not to be disrespectful..."
but we as a spoiling community have been fooled into believing "sourced" information before and I have become a little uneasy when it comes to trusting these sources. There is no doubt you have a source and you have been right in so many ways...but you could be mislead just as easily as we have been (unless you are the source). I like to use vid cap analysis and editing to do most of my "spoiling".

I know somtimes I am guilty of it but I try not to fit the vid caps into what the "spoilers" say. However, you are prolly right and the shoot and switch is the RC but I wonder why EPMB is showing us tight shots of this challenge with little to go on. This season has sucked with challenge vid caps!

03-21-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Not to be disrespectful..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

lol vols, i know how you feel, you remind me every time i mention my source lol

if you don't want to trust me and my source, than there is vid cap evidence of the Immunity Idol, and I believe VG has made a very good point on her site survivorphoenix.com

"we believe this to be the RC as it is more logical that two RCs were switched with each other. In addition, while previous tribal challenges of this kind have been for both Reward (see E6 Pearl Islands) and Immunity (see E6 Vanuatu), puzzle type challenges, as the other challenge this week appears to be, traditionally have been for Immunity."

03-21-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
47. "Sitting out the Big Guns?"
VG's logic, Bianca's source information, and the vidcap of what may be the II at the Water Challenge, make a strong case.

The thing that had bothered me the most was why Koror would sit out Tom, Gregg, and Coby, while and "saving" Caryn for the IC by using her in the "Shoot and Switch" RC.

The explanation could be as simple as Koror, controlled by Tom, Ian, Katie, Gregg and Jenn, not really caring that much about going to TC. They may really want the reward that JP describes to them and decide if they later lose the IC, Caryn goes home anyway. After which, they still have a significant advantage.

Worst case, they get rid of a member of the opposition alliance who also slows them down in challenges...

Krautboy

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Sitting out the Big Guns?"
"The explanation could be as simple as Koror, controlled by Tom, Ian, Katie, Gregg and Jenn, not really caring that much about going to TC. They may really want the reward that JP describes to them and decide if they later lose the IC, Caryn goes home anyway. After which, they still have a significant advantage.

Worst case, they get rid of a member of the opposition alliance who also slows them down in challenges..."

Yep, and worst case, Ian, Tom, and Katie -at this stage of the game- might think that Stephenie would be happy to reunite with them after the merge.

Close but no car...

03-22-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
49. "IC/RC"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-05 AT 01:05 AM (EST)

Flowerpower, thanks for the info on the other sites, I hope I put the info to good use. I posted this on the other thread we had, but it looks like it goes with this thread also.

I just watched the Video Promo at Mess Hall, the announcer is making it sound like the Immunity Challenge is the water challenge. Stephanie's hair is wet, and she is shaking her head ( no ) like in dis-belief. With the water in the background. Looks like the challenge is already over, and Jeff could be saying, ( Ulong, you idiots, I'll see you at Tribal Council again tonight. )

Another shot, show's James hanging his head down, but unsure what challenge he is at in the picture and BJ, is distraught and putting his head down at the shoot and switch challenge. Doesn't look good for Ulong on any of these challenges, with their expressions and body language.

My bet is on Shoot and Switch being the RC with Kugor winning based on BJ's body language and the IC - BIU and BID with Kugor winning again, based on Stephanie's body and facial language. And of course the obvious spoiler we all have access to. Also, the competitors location at the time of the announcers description places the IC at the beach competition.

The Shoot and Switch Challenge could also simply be, 1 person shoots for 1 tribe, then switches with a person from the other tribe, and so forth. The tribes each shoot until their own target are cut in half, 1st team to get all 8 targets cut in half, wins. On the Video Promo, it show's a target already being hit, and Tom shoots it again and tears it in half.

Can't get much simpler than that. And no, the shoot and switch synopsis is not mine, I just looked at every site and every theory, and this was one of them I saw that makes the most sense, now that I watched the VIDEO PROMO.

Sounds good enough to be resonable explanation of things to come this week. If I'm right, cool, if not, there's always next week.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-05, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "What if ..."
The IC is not actually called "Build it up / Break it down".

As a precedent I give you the "switch" of Shoot and Switch and By Any Means necessary.
Storyboard spoiler says Shoot&Switch was "scheduled" for episode 3 RC.
But CBS says the episode 3 RC was By Any Means.
This week we get vid-cap confirmation on the "shoot" part of the Shoot&Switch RC.

Which brings me to my ... what if? ...
What if the IC is not Build it Up / Break it Down, but is "switched" with Sea Stars(which is storyboarded for episode 7).

It would make a lot more sense for all the swimming that's going on. And could accomodate the new "potential" puzzle angle.

2 people swim out to puzzle pieces which the 2 back on the beach will assemble. Or something like that.

All I'm really saying is ... The IC doesn't have to be the Build it Up / Break it Down. It could be SeaStars or even another one from the SideBoard of the StoryBoard.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: What if ..."
I would have to agree that just because the storyboard places Build it up / Break it Down in the IC position for this week, doesnt make it etched in stone. We have had evidence that they have already switched challenges on us. On the other hand, we do have lots of "building-type" vid caps which could support Build it up /Break it Down.

Speaking of "switch", this may have been talked about in this thresd or another, so I apologize if it's been discussed. But what is the "switch" aspect of the RC this week? Could it be that the tribes switch a player? I know that there has been discussion that there may be a play to switch BJ to Koror in the next episode, not this one. But I ponder...

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

03-23-05, 00:22 AM (EST)
52. "RE: What if ..."
I was told the IC is Build it Up, Break it down..and really does suit the challenge description.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •