The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale Parties"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cinmari 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-17-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cinmari Click to send private message to cinmari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale Parties"
Hi, I don't post much and I know any Katie information at this point is not a spoiler...
but I live in Merced, which is not too big, and the word is that there is a finale party in the works for season finale night, but the word is that it is for the final 2 (when they show your home town) also, Katie's roommate had to sign off on the confidentiality agreement so she may be Katie's visit from home...
There is a lot of buzz around town, and Katie and her friends are not known for their tight lips... although the Mark Burnett noose only let's so much out...
I along with much of Merced do not feel that Katie should be the ultimate survivor... which means she will probably win...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale Parties Brownroach 03-17-05 1
   RE: Finale Parties emydi 03-17-05 2
       RE: Finale Parties sylvester 03-17-05 3
           RE: Finale Parties Devious Weasel 03-17-05 4
               RE: Finale Parties Brownroach 03-17-05 5
                   RE: Finale Parties emydi 03-17-05 6
 I don't like her, but don't know wh... JuniorTheorist 03-17-05 7
 RE: Finale Parties applejack93 03-18-05 8
   RE: Finale Parties watermelon 03-18-05 9
       RE: Finale Parties watermelon 03-18-05 10
   RE: Finale Parties Loquatrix 03-18-05 12
 RE: Finale Parties lovwigglesworth 03-18-05 11
   RE: Finale Parties cinmari 03-18-05 13
       RE: Finale Parties Brownroach 03-18-05 14
       RE: Finale Parties rude 03-21-05 15
       RE: Finale Parties thegip 03-21-05 16
           RE: Finale Parties rude 03-21-05 17
 Locking this thread IceCat 03-21-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale Parties"
Thanks for the info, cinmari. FWIW, I don't like Katie either (actually, I hate her). But cheer up, she might not win.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale Parties"
thanks!!

I agree with you and BR.. I ABSOLUTIVELY HATE HER... I think she is getting the 2nd place edit ala Kelly W.--the rat, Clay-lazy, etc.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale Parties"
I agree with all 3 of you! I can't stand Katie.

I am hoping that Snews' comment about in the end, all will be wrong, means Katie doesn't make Final 4.

Please call me Cat!!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale Parties"
Not being flip here, but why do you three hate her? Yeah, she hasn't been shown doing much. But she really hasn't been edited in a "to-be-hated" manner either, at least as far as I'm concerned.

03-17-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale Parties"
It doesn't really have to do with how she's being edited. I just don't like her personality.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale Parties"
me too, BR, she is a lazy know it all biotch and complains about Caryn and she is exactly the same!!! I think she will will ultimately be a rat (probably to Tom)(the rat editing shows a rat and then her (and Steph) last nite).

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I don't like her, but don't know why!"
Why is it, anyway, that I (and apparently many others) don't like Katie?

I mean, sure, she's been displayed as kinda lazy and kinda ineffectual.

But I don't think that's been a product of the MB editing machine; I think they've truly been trying to give her a neutral edit so far (a la Julie, maybe?). But something about her has really ticked most of us off in some way or another.

Her edit does really strike me like KimP's in Africa or Julie's in Vanuatu; while there seems to be buzz that she may make it into the final two, I think she'll get Neleh'ed.

That is, if she DOES get into the final two. I don't buy it. I see Caryn going farther than Katie, but then, I'll probably eat my words. Stupid politics on the dominant team.

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-05, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale Parties"
Geez I must be the only one who likes katie. I do understand why people would dislike her - she has that feeling about her. What is it? Precociousness? Conceit? Or just plain annoyance?

I really like that in a person, though. It's kind of refreshing to see someone irritate people for no particular reason. I like her sass.

Of course, I completely understand if you dislike her.

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-05, 06:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finale Parties"
I quite like Katie too, though I don't LOVE her. I'm not really getting why so many people dislike her, either. There have been much more cringeworthy female Survivors in the past, imho, eg Sue (rats/snakes speech didn't do it for me as much as it did for others, and neither did the blown-out-of-proportion grinding-against-Richard fiasco), Jerri the witch, useless Lindsey, Amber the mindless non-entity, airhead and not even good-looking Sarah Cleopatra, the entire sorority sisterhood "we're so beautiful and lovable and everyone wants to have sex with us and why should we lift a finger to do anything since we're so beautiful that everyone wants to be our slave?" Penny and Erin and Heidi and Jenna M and Mia... and the list goes on...

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-05, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale Parties"
Hmmm... sorry... that wasn't a spoiler, was it?

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-18-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale Parties"
I like Katie too, for her sass. Her comment about "only being here for the weight loss" made me think she has a sense of humour that is wry and self deprecating, and I relate to that.

She hasn't done anything to impress me since that point, I have to admit. ::grin:: But something about the way she was presented in the Meet The Cast era made me view her in a positive light. I can't help but think this, combined with the fact that we haven't seen much to impress us about her since, means she goes far in the game. In other words, because Katie sticks around for a long time and we need to be trained to understand this fact, we were given a nugget to predispose us to liking her to compensate for the fact that she's not particularly likeable in the early gameplay.

It feels like a Twila edit to me, to be honest. Acknowledgment that she's not likeable in a "nice, hardworking chick" way, but at least she has made some kind of impression on us for the content of her cranium.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-18-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finale Parties"
Usually all four of the contestants left in the final show have a big family party thing with showing the hometown at the reunion show. So if this is one of those being planned, it would only indicate she is in the final four.

cinmari 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cinmari Click to send private message to cinmari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale Parties"
Sorry, I guess I didn't say why I didn't like her, actually It was mostly her best friend that really grated on my nerves in jr. high, and it just seems that the personality has not changed much... like I said it is mostly one of her close friends that annoys the heck out of me...
as for believing it to be final two, it could just be word around town talking, but many are under the impression that it is a final two... but Katie could be giving false inuendo to those around her...

03-18-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Finale Parties"
it could just be word around town talking, but many are under the impression that it is a final two... but Katie could be giving false inuendo to those around her...

Or maybe some of them are aware of the Mersaydeez spoiler.

rude 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rude Click to send private message to rude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Finale Parties"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

Hey Cinmari:

Her best friend is my family member. If you want to be a punk, the least you can do is be one under a traceable name. I'm fairly certain you annoy the heck out of the best friend you are referencing, too.

As for Katie, she's a great lady. You're jumping to conclusions and it's pretty unfair.

You don't know jack. Quit acting like you do for the amusement of people on a freaking internet message board.

thegip 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thegip Click to send private message to thegip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finale Parties"
>Sorry, I guess I didn't say
>why I didn't like her,
>actually It was mostly her
>best friend that really grated
>on my nerves in jr.
>high, and it just seems
>that the personality has not
>changed much... like I said
>it is mostly one of
>her close friends that annoys
>the heck out of me...
>
>as for believing it to be
>final two, it could just
>be word around town talking,
>but many are under the
>impression that it is a
>final two... but Katie
>could be giving false inuendo
>to those around her...

I'm sorry, did you say you didn't like her "friends" in "Junior high"? Just clarifing...you might need to get over that issue. Too bad Jenny Jones is off the air.

As a matter of fact, I live in Merced too and I have heard nothing but positive support about Katie. In fact, there is a painted store window on Main Street announcing their support for her. I have heard nothing about a finale party for her.

I know Katie and I truly believe that those of you that hate her are making judgements based on the editing. There is a reason she was picked first in the pick em. Her personality has yet to shine through.

rude 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rude Click to send private message to rude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale Parties"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 09:25 PM (EST)

Gawd bless thegip!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Locking this thread"
This thread has degenerated into an altercation between aquaintences of the contestant in question.

If any new information arises on this subject and that information is of potential value to the spoiling of the show then please feel free to start a new thread.

Be sure that the thread has to do with spoiling and not bashing.

Also remember that bashing the show and its contestants is OK on the Bashers Forum but bashing other posters is never OK.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •