The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

colinsucks 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-24-04, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colinsucks Click to send private message to colinsucks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
..after seeing tonight's episode I just had to vent. I thought Colin was a total @#$% throughout this entire show, but then when his girlfriend apologized at the end, then I realized she was more of an (*^^). Come on! Colin is an arrogant (*^&*% and here she is putting up with it. I just couldn't believe it. Chip's wife was so on the nose in her description of Colin during his entire behavior with the taxi tab. I would've walked out on him. Colin wouldn't last a week in the "real world". OK, this venting helped a little, but I can only imagine the crap he's going to pull next week!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I am not one to write often on ... sgbrd 08-25-04 1
 RE: I am not one to write often on ... sittem 08-25-04 2
   RE: I am not one to write often on ... al91206 08-25-04 3
       RE: I am not one to write often on ... dabo 08-25-04 4
           RE: I am not one to write often on ... al91206 08-25-04 5
               RE: I am not one to write often on ... dabo 08-25-04 6
                   RE: I am not one to write often on ... al91206 08-25-04 7
                       RE: I am not one to write often on ... dabo 08-25-04 9
                   RE: I am not one to write often on ... al91206 08-25-04 8
                       RE: I am not one to write often on ... dabo 08-25-04 10
   RE: I am not one to write often on ... rlexvold 08-25-04 11
 Moved from Fanatics IceCat 08-25-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sgbrd 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sgbrd Click to send private message to sgbrd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
I agree about Colin!!! He makes me sick! If they win I will be very upset! He's rude to foreigners, he's in their country and treating them like crap!!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-25-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
While I pretty much agree with your sentiments about C, there's a better place to post your venom - over on the Basher's Board. There you'll get lots of agreement and can feed off each other.

It's hard not to bash him now, but in general the Fanatics area tends to more about affirming the racers.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

al91206 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-25-04, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail al91206 Click to send private message to al91206 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-04 AT 01:28 AM (EST)

Please!

So this is only a place to give glowing reviews at a cocky and arrogant contestant who shows us all the reason that half the world dislikes Americans???

I can't disagree enough! I thought this was a board for people who LOVE the Amazing Race but may have differences of opinions on the various teams and which ones we are rooting for.

If not, then I think the name of the board should be changed from The Amazing Race Fanatics board to the The Amazing Race Stepford Fan board!

I've been rooting for Chip and Kim for a long time and this whole episode only reinforced that view. They came through with logic, care, and respect.

What does everyone else think? Does anyone think ragging on Colin is 'venom' and those that badmouth a team who acts like that 'feed off each other'?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-04, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
The proper place to bash TAR racers on this site is the TAR Basher board, that is what it is for and that is the point.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/576.shtml

08-25-04, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail al91206 Click to send private message to al91206 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
Perhaps there is a poster basher forum where the person I was replying to could post their point of view?

Maybe there could be an approved list of 'affirming' words to use in this non-bashing forum?

>The proper place to bash TAR
>racers on this site is
>the TAR Basher board, that
>is what it is for
>and that is the point.
>
>
>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID54/576.shtml

08-25-04, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
Bashing fellow posters around here is a violation of the guidelines.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/87.shtml

08-25-04, 02:30 AM (EST)
7. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
I'm just wondering why the quote below doesn't qualify as bashing? I just didn't realize that speaking an opinion that doesn't match your own gets classified as bashing.

I'll submit to the requisite reprogamming and report back once the affiming qualities have replaced the venom and the feeding off of each other has been completed.

>>there's a better place to post your venom - over on the Basher's Board. There you'll get lots of agreement and can feed off each other.

08-25-04, 02:36 AM (EST)
9. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
Sittem was just trying to be helpful. Your sarcasm will serve you well in the Basher forum.

08-25-04, 02:34 AM (EST)
8. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
What I'm doing is challenging your point of view on what should and should not be posted here.

Here is what the TOS says:

>>Challenging the points of view and the opinions of other members is permitted, but only as long as you can do so respectfully and thoughtfully, without personal attack or insult. If you cannot be tolerant of others' beliefs and opinions, then please avoid introducing, reading or participating in topics that lead to such discussions.<<

Do you really think I personally attacked or insulted you? If so, what was the personal attack or insult?

08-25-04, 02:38 AM (EST)
10. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
You asked if there was a forum where you could bash another poster. No, there isn't one of those.

rlexvold 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rlexvold Click to send private message to rlexvold Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I am not one to write often on this message board, but..."
>While I pretty much agree with your sentiments about C, there's
>a better place to post your venom - over on the Basher's Board.
>There you'll get lots of agreement and can feed off each other.

I disagree with this. If you read the description of the two forums:
The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum - For those fans who truly LIKE THE SHOW and care who wins the $1,000,000.

The Amazing Race Basher Forum - This board is for those who came here because the show "sucks" and would like a place to bash it

Part of this forum is LIKING the show enough to care about who wins and be passionate about different teams. The basher forum is for bashing the overall show, not an individual team.

Randy

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Moved from Fanatics"
and once moved here I find that there is already a Colin bashing post underway. Locking this one.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •