The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP5 Reward Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-11-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP5 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

(Thanks to Phoenix for the Vidcaps!)

Since the Storyboard tells us that there will be a double boot this week and not Immunity Challenge we can probably assume that the challenge shots we see in the promo are this weeks RC...

There appear to be two small boats racing out into the water away from the platform...

James has a diving mask in his hands, but Steph is wearing her canteen belt...waiting for instructions to the challenge?

"Both tribes face several twists that they never could have expected that throw them off their game."

Both tribes looking surprised as they hear about the "best and worst reward"?

"One tribe is taunted and tormented as they have to sit and watch the other tribe enjoy a great reward right in front of them."

Sounds like part of the reward they enjoy happens right after the challenge, unless this is referring to the losing tribe having to watch at TC as the winners "enjoy" voting out one of their tribe?

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Sitting Out Magic Fingers 03-11-05 1
   RE: Sitting Out Krautboy 03-11-05 3
       RE: Sitting Out television 03-11-05 4
       RE: Sitting Out Brownroach 03-11-05 5
       RE: Sitting Out oncebitten 03-11-05 8
           RE: Sitting Out Magic Fingers 03-11-05 9
 RE: EP5 Reward Challenge Corvis 03-11-05 2
   "Sea Salvage" Krautboy 03-11-05 6
       RE: "Sea Salvage" Debberz13 03-11-05 12
       The tribe genders aren't matched fo... bobscure 03-11-05 15
           RE: The tribe genders aren't matche... Krautboy 03-11-05 16
               RE: The tribe genders aren't matche... bobscure 03-11-05 17
 RE: EP5 Reward Challenge pmspml5 03-11-05 7
   RE: EP5 Reward Challenge kingfish 03-11-05 10
   RE: EP5 Reward Challenge Brownroach 03-11-05 11
       RE: EP5 Reward Challenge Magic Fingers 03-11-05 13
           RE: EP5 Reward Challenge Peachezz 03-13-05 18
               RE: EP5 Reward Challenge television 03-13-05 21
       Koror's Boat Full of ... Scarlett O Hara 03-13-05 19
           RE: Koror's Boat Full of ... jusalurker 03-13-05 20
   sit-outs lovwigglesworth 03-11-05 14
       RE: sit-outs Logic Wins 03-14-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-11-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Sitting Out"
It looks like there are still some people in Koror's boat. Could this be those sitting out the challenge? If so we only need to figure out 2 more players since we see Tom, Coby, and Katie.

03-11-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sitting Out"
Good observation MF! I think you're right about Tom, Katie and Coby participating.

Not sure if they would know about "no IC" prior to ther TC, but if they are told the reward is to vote off someone from the other tribe, I would think they would put forward their strongest team.

The boats are about the size and shape of "paddle boats" that are powered like a bike. This may be Sea Salvage, where they need to paddle out and gather "salvage" items from the water or the ocean floor...

In that type of a challenge (or any physical challenge) Willard, Janu, Caryn and Jen are the likely sit-outs...

Krautboy

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-11-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sitting Out"
Gregg is pretty much a lock, especially in a challenge of this importance. And Ian is great in the water, plus someone said the voiceover mentioned him being in "trouble" at the challenge. So, I agree.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sitting Out"
Gregg has participated in every challenge and Ian only sat out last night's IC because they had to sit out two men and they couldn't sit out Coby. I highly doubt either Gregg or Ian will be sitting this one out.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

oncebitten 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oncebitten Click to send private message to oncebitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sitting Out"
Willard can't sit out b/c he sat out last nights IC. What other girl sat out was it Katie. Then she will have to participate also.

03-11-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sitting Out"
The sitting out rule starts fresh after the TC. Last night it was confirmed when Ian thought it through knowing people had to sit out for IC while he was picking who would sit out of RC.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"
It looks like someone has to dive down, attach a rope to something, and then the rest of the tribe pulls on the rope and brings the item up. First one to bring up all their items wins?

Since Koror already did this once in rescuing their box, they should have an advantage, especially if they can send Ian down each time.

03-11-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
6. ""Sea Salvage""
Here's a few vidcaps (compliments of Phoenix) that show what Corvis is speaking of...

Definately looks like the "Sea Salvage" Challenge from the Storyboard:

Here we see Gregg and Ian participating, as expected...

Here the contestants are diving down and attaching the ropes for the "Sea Salvage". There appear to be some sort of white markers on certain items identifying which items they need to haul up...

Krautboy

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: "Sea Salvage""
I noticed James is in Ulong's boat probably in charge of loading whatever they are collecting. Since we see all the participating Koror except for #5 I would assume their #5 (Katie?) is in their boat doing the same job as James. AND if they are loading their boats it would probably be safe to assume they have to race somewhere else once they have collected everything. That would be a big advatage for Koror since we know A. they are better at controlling their boat and B. because there are more people to share the camp workload they are probably more rested.

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "The tribe genders aren't matched for the challenge?"
Has that happened before?

Ulong, soon to be NoLonger, has 3 men, 2 women. In this pic Koror has 4 men (Coby, Tom, Ian, Gregg) and presumably, one woman.

I don't remember an unmatched challenge. Does anyone else?

03-11-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The tribe genders aren't matched for the challenge?"
Well, we had Survivor Amazon, where all the early challenges were gender imbalanced...

Krautboy

bobscure 217 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobscure Click to send private message to bobscure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The tribe genders aren't matched for the challenge?"
Vanuatu as well, but the majority of those challenges were the type that could be won by anyone but Scout. This looks like a challenge that would unfairly favor a male tribe, hence my question.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"

To me - I see more than 5 people on the raft - the stuff in the boat looks much more like stuff than people.

We think they pull things up - so what if all that int he boat is what they have pulled up from the ocean floor.

It looks like Koror just kicks but in this challenge.

We hear on the CBS website preview JP stating that "Ian is having trouble" so we know he is participating - and I think that is missdirection for the regular viewer who has to be hoping that Ulong can win.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

FWIW The boats that the tribes rowed out in are pointing in opposite directions (look at the outriggers). Either these boats are involved in the challenge and this shot is midway thru what ever the heck it is that they are actually doing, or (more likely I think) Ulong is so screwed up by this time that they are actually paddling backwards.

Just to be clear, platform on right is brown (Koror right?) and platform on middle is blue (Solong - I know - I ripped that off of someone). At far left is Jiffy-lubes observation platform, it's 1/2 brown and 1/2 blue so the sitter-outers go there. Or it has some other function, maybe a field TC? Summary judgement, wartime excecution?

The Paddle wheelers (or whatever) are color-coordinated with each platform, and are either diver conveyors, salvage conveyers, or both. Or neither. Or something else.
That about cover it?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"
so what if all that int he boat is what they have pulled up from the ocean floor.

That's what I was thinking -- Koror's boat is full of...something, but Ulong's is completely empty.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

03-11-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
13. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"
If it is stuff they pull up from the ocean floor, that might be why the boats are positioned the way they are....to keep from dumping the stuff out again!

Peachezz 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-05, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peachezz Click to send private message to Peachezz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"
I know the storyboard says that the reward is to vote for other tribe members at tribal, but that still doesn't seem like a good reward to me. I wonder if the boxes that are being salvaged have some reward content in them that the winning team opens at the end of the challenge. The other tribe would be there looking on as they collect their goodies.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EP5 Reward Challenge"
I think you might have hit it on the head, there. That would make sense in the wording of the misdirection... something struck me as odd about describing TC voting as one team having to watch another enjoy a reward and being taunted. Watching them open the boxes right there would fit that description better.

However, I still think voting for the other team makes sense for the winner, on top of the reward. First, because it would be a good twist/incentive to win; second, because unless they had individual immunity up for grabs for members of each tribe, it wouldn't make sense to have both teams just go to TC (doesn't seem fair - there is always a chance in Survivor for someone to guarantee a spot in the game); third, because the title is "the best and worst reward ever", and I assume that whatever is in the boxes, it wouldn't be described as the best reward ever, because there are some pretty sweet rewards in the game. The only thing I could think would fit the bill of "best" reward would be voting for the other tribe, because it affects the game so much more than getting a sewing kit or a new shelter. The "worst" part would be losing one of your own.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-05, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Koror's Boat Full of ..."
It looks to me like the Koror's long boat is full of the peeps who are sitting out this challenge -- Willard, Caryn, Jenn.

jusalurker 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Koror's Boat Full of ..."
>It looks to me like the
>Koror's long boat is full
>of the peeps who are
>sitting out this challenge --
>Willard, Caryn, Jenn.
>
>

I agree with you. Those are people in the boat!

I believe what ever they bring up from below is put on the platform in front of each tribe and possibly assembled once everything is up! In the above vidcap, it appears Koror has a lead. There are more items on their platform.

It appears Ibe is on Ulongs platform.

Here is James coming up beside Ulongs float. He has his mask on and buff on his arm.

Does anyone else think that the team pulls up the person AND the item with the rope?

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "sit-outs"
I just wanted to point out that there have been challenges in the past where no one sits out even when the teams are not even. People on the lesser numbered tribe would just need to have take more "turns" doing whatever task. There was one I remember when the whole trice was tied together to go through a maze and one tribe had one more team member than the other. And there have been a number of food challenges were this is the case. I don't think that is the case here but though, but if it isn't that means the 2-in-a-row rule is not in effect since it would mean Willard sits out. Maybe the producers are so frustated with Ulong by now they just threw the rule out completely as punishment for being so lousy. I'm just kidding of course but it does seem that it would be frustrating to them.

Logic Wins 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-14-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Logic%20Wins Click to send private message to Logic%20Wins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: sit-outs"
>I just wanted to point out
>that there have been challenges
>in the past where no
>one sits out even when
>the teams are not even.
>People on the lesser numbered
>tribe would just need to
>have take more "turns" doing
>whatever task.

This could actually be a way to 'handicap' Koror trying to insure a Ulong win. If all Koror had to take a turn, including the weak Willard, Janu, Caryn, it would appear to help Ulong who only has strong team members left. Of course they would get tired sooner and Koror could pull of the win anyway, which it appears they do. I have to admit it looks like Koror non-participants in their boat though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •