The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP3 Confessional Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-05, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP3 Confessional Analysis"
Corvis has his detailed confessional Analysis here:
http://survivorthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/03/confessional-analysis-episode-3.html

Here’s the updated confessional count and analysis…

CONFESSIONAL COUNT

ULONG...EP1…EP2…EP3…TOTAL

Angie…………..6…4…1…11
Bobby Jon……1…4…5…10
Stephenie……3…3…1…7
James...………2…1…2…5
Kim…...…………0...1...3…4
Ibrehem.………1…0…1…2
Jeff..……………0…5…4…9 (Boot)
Ashlee..……….1…1…2 (Boot)
Jolanda..………3 (Boot)

KOROR...EP1…EP2…TOTAL

Tom………….2…1…5…8
Ian……………2…3…2…7
Coby…………5…0…1…6
Katie…………3…1…2…6
Caryn……….1…2…2…5
Gregg………..1…0…2…3
Janu………….2…1…0…3
Willard……….2…0…0…2
Jennifer………0…0…0…0

ELIMINATED

Jonathan……..1
Wanda……….1

Narrators:

There haven’t been any obvious long term narrators established for either tribe. At Ulong, the narrator role continues to move around. This week was Bobby Jon’s turn, as Angie and Steph slipped into the background. At Koror, Tom took over the narrator responsibilities from Ian this week.

EP3 Boot:
Jeff had the second most confessionals behind Bobby Jon, which we would expect during his boot episode. He was not hidden last week either, in fact he had a spike leading up to his boot. This season’s editing pattern may have changed from last season.

We see that Kim had a small spike this week, receiving the third most confessionals on the Ulong tribe.

Under the Radar:

Ibrehem remains under the radar at Ulong with the lowest number of confessionals and only one this week. Willard, Janu and Jennifer were well under the radar this week and have yet to be developed as characters. Those still under the radar at this point in the game are probably safe until they get a spike in there confessionals. There is apparently still time to tell their story.

Conclusions:

The confessional counts for Koror appear to be relatively unchanged and evenly distributed. With the exception of Tom who took over as narrator, there were no significant increases or decreases in the confessional counts. It appears that nothing much will happen at Koror this week.

Willard and Janu,who might be considered vulnerable, because of physical liabilities, are still completely undeveloped as characters and the promos don’t appear to feature them this coming week either. Katie and Caryn were the focus of negative editing at Korror, but this is probably more misdirection than anything.

Ulong, on the other hand, has had much more confessional activity. Bobby Jon took over as narrator with his second week of 4 or more confessionals. His narrator role bodes well for him in the near term.

Stephenie and Angie both had significant drops in their confessional counts, which can sometimes be read as their being “hidden” prior to their boot episode.

Kim was the only person besides Jeff to get a confessional spike this week, much like Jeff last week. This is also a danger sign, given the negative nature of her confessionals.goes to TC as we suspect, the confessional analysis is a little different. Ibrehem was “hidden” but he appears to be underdeveloped as a character at this point in the game. Kim was also “hidden” in her confessional counts, but was the focus of lots of negative attention, more indicative of misdirection.

The spikes in face time for Bobby Jon and Jeff are the more significant confessional evidence and appear to place them in the greatest danger. Given the rumors of Jeff’s injury, he may have received his face time in preparation for his departure during EP3.

Steph, Angie and Kim appear to be most vulnerable based on the confessional counts. Stephenie appears to be very secure in her position on the tribe, so that would leave Angie and Kim as this week’s most vulnerable.

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP3 Confessional Analysis Flowerpower 03-07-05 1
 Just a note on Coby emydi 03-07-05 2
   RE: Just a note on Coby applejack93 03-09-05 3
       Bye bye Kim Round Robin 03-09-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP3 Confessional Analysis"
Well KB, continued thanks for doing this! It is a very tried and true tool to help predict ongoing patterns and how they relate to the boot. I think that you are right. This season a new pattern seems to be emerging. Jeff had a spike instead of being hidden in the ep prior to his boot, and was also featured his boot episode. Kim also had a comparitively higher amount of confessionals in ep 3...could we see her featured once again in ep 4 and her demise? Using this pattern I'd say that Kim and BJ are the most in trouble at Ulong for week 4.

At Koror, it would point to Tom, however, with their IC dominance, I don't see that happening at this point. Applying the Mersaydeez spoiler, let's look for Willard and Angie to have more confessionals in ep 4 perhaps. Let's see if we can identify this season's confessional patterns.

Thanks,

fp

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Just a note on Coby"
Thanx KB I love your analysis

When Koror first goes to TC, IMO NOW next week (I've caved FP --I agree with your last man standing TOM MEN AMONG MEN), I see Coby coming back as the narrator like he was in Ep. 1 when he orchestrated the Jonathan NO PICK. Therefore, his confs. may go up, but I think that is bc he is the "who gets the Boot" narrator and not bc he may be going ala Jeff and Kim....

Ok, KB, now tell me what to do in Jump the shark!!!

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-05, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Just a note on Coby"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-05 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

I agree emydi.

From the get go we knew that Coby was a player (the first thing he discussed was how to get jonathon off) and seeing as though Koror has had no need to be strategic players yet, Coby hasn't had alot to say. When they finally are sent to TC, he will become more prominent.

It will be interesting to see if MB does that to anybody else i.e. ties their confessionals to the discussion of only a particular topic. Maybe that's why we have heard so little of Jenn so far - her topic hasn't appeared yet.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-09-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Bye bye Kim"
Given all the negative attention she has received, the boot of Jeff in Ep. 3, and KB's comments in his analysis, I have a gut feeling Kim is gonna get her torch snuffed this week. Being as apparently lazy and unpopular as she is, and after her excuse making in her confessionals, I see no way for her to last if Ulong keeps losing IC's.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •