The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-05, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-05 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

Episode Three

First off, let me say that I have spent the last 6 hrs compiling a brilliant, succinct and fabulous SOTS, only to have it disappear before my eyes as I was uploading my last link. It is now midnight on Tuesday, and I am starting all over again bleary eyed and seriously considering smashing my beloved computer to little bits. Save your work in progress people, save your work. Sigh.

Ok, now for the decidedly less brilliant, barely succinct and marginally entertaining SOTS that I will try to eek out between curses.

This weeks' title is "Dangerous Creatures & Horrible Setbacks"

I'll provide a short version for those of you that don't have the time and/or inclination to read the whole thing.

1) Tom & Ian kill a shark (or at least seriously wound one)
2) Ulong wins RC (Angie & Steph appear to kick butt)
3) Jeff is somehow injured and drops out of the IC
4) Koror wins IC
5) Ulong goes to TC and boots either Kim or Jeff

There ya go!

Now for the long version, bear with me please as I may ramble due to the late hour and my impending migraine, lol.

I think it would be helpful to start off with the first half of the spoiler board that everyone has been referring to for upcoming challenges:

We are fairly certain that the RC listed for Episode 3 has been switched with Episode 5, as the vidcaps seem to point more to a Sea Salvage theme rather than Shoot & Switch. Early discussion talked about a possible tribal switch because of the name of the challenge, but we have no evidence of that either.

Flowerpower started the title discussion thread, which everyone should read:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5700&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

There is much discussion on the shark killing incident, purported to be spectacular footage, and what constitutes a horrible setback. Dan Bollinger said that a shark is killed by a survivor with a machete. Bebo points out that Jeff being injured before IC when they are already 2 members down could indeed be a horrible setback for Ulong.

Everyone should visit the Web preview thread, started by pmspml5 with vidcaps courtesy of Volsfan:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5747&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

While the vidcaps MB has given to us of late are paltry scraps of what we're used to, we can cull a few clues from them.

Here are Ian & Tom trying to spear a shark:

Here is what most believe is the wounded and bleeding shark (although BR holds that it is in fact the loch ness monster on vacation in Pulau):

Cbs misdirection this week also refers to a tribe being lazy after winning a challenge, and this vidcap seems to match with Ulong winning the RC:

As always, VerucaSalt's "The Players, The Game, The Editing - Palau" thread is a must read:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5676&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

I will not try to summarize as I am not as eloquent as VS, but there are many excellent and interesting theories that are well worth your time. In addition to VS, there are excellent posts by KObrien_fan, Brownroach, Krautboy, Devious Weasel, echogirl, FP, Risti, DRONES, memacmur, and well, everybody there, lol.

Krautboy has contributed 2 excellent threads on tools available for spoiling, "The Mersaydeez Spoiler Highlights" here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5753&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

and ""Jump the Shark" : Spoiling Tool" here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5703&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

To summarize what Mersaydeez (a spoiler that many believe has inside info) has said, the only Koror member to not make the jury is Willard, and the only Ulong member that does make the jury is Steph. She also says that 3 of the final 4 are Ian, Katie & Tom, and that Katie in fact makes final 2. Be sure to read the whole thread.

Jump the Shark refers to analyzing Snewsers' weekly game questions. KB noted that last week an unusually high percentage of points were attributed to the boot, meaning in all likelihood that Snews knew most were guessing wrong. This week, it's not as high a percentage, so there shouldn't be much of a surprise from current thinking. Excellent analysis as always KB.

Corvis has a thread on confessional analysis that is also a must read:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5744&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

Corvis and KB have different methods of counting confessionals, but both come to similar conclusions. Corvis sees Angie, Jeff & Bobby Jon in danger on Ulong, while KB points to Bobby Jon & Jeff as well.

A new and exciting thread is FP's "BJ Spoiler Information" . FP has received info from a source that claims to know that BJ leaves the 4th week. There is some discussion as to whether that means the 4th episode or the 4th week on the island, but concensus seems to be that BJ is safe next week and therefore goes the 4th week on Pulau. How exciting to have our own inside source at Blows! Be sure to read the whole thread here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5755&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

We can't forget Emydi's Eyemail theory, and look who is front and center:

So, what conclusions can we draw from this weeks' discussion?

Last week, Koror was almost non-existent outside of the challenges and the flint retrieval shots. We saw much more of Ulong, and as several pointed out, likely because Ulong isn't long for the show as a whole, and their stories have to be told first. MB has plenty of time to introduce us to Koror.

Vidcaps are few, and generally poor quality. All we really have to go on to look to the challenge winners is a combination of cbs misdirection with a stray shot here and there. Misdirection says that the tribe that wins RC relaxes afterwards, upsetting someone on the tribe. Consensus seems to be that Ulong is the lazier tribe, combined with a few original pics that look like Angie whoops Gregg, Steph beats Jenn, and Jeff & Kim are sunning themselves on the beach. Some also think they see evidence of the bedding reward in the night smoochy scenes at Ulong.

Hardly a lock, but it does seem to point to a Ulong RC win.

We have even fewer pics of the IC. We know from the preview that Jeff is injured. Does he quit the show or quit the challenge, perhaps losing it for Ulong? Most think he quits early in the challenge, leaving Bobby Jon and Ibe to carry the load, while Koror has Ian, Tom the NYC firefighter, and Gregg, as well as Janu the showgirl who is used to carrying weight while in heels no less. Why the lack of IC vidcaps? It could mean that MB has something to hide, or that giving us more would make the outcome to obvious.

Again, hardly a lock, but Koror seems to have the advantage due to Jeff's injury.

Ulong goes to TC for the 3rd time in a row. Do they 'gut their strength' and boot Jeff due to his injury? Do they boot Jeff because of his romance with Kim? Do they boot Kim because she whimps out on challenges AND has a romance with Jeff? Or is it someone else completely?

Concensus seems to be that it's either Kim or Jeff. Voting so far is split fairly evenly, it's too close to call.

One last note, regarding MB's casting of model types this season. Whacky Wanda has alleged that MB tossed out real people contestants to cast models, as Laniking discusses in her thread:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5735&forum=DCForumID2&archive=

Be sure to read SurvivorBlows response to Wanda's allegations in that thread!

I for one, think the shameless display of beefcake:

is ummmmm, well, just fine with me.

Don't forget to vote!:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5756.shtml

Thank you all for your patience in my time of crisis. If you see something that needs to be corrected, please let me know, as most of this was written in a hazy half awake extremely agitated state of mind last evening.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Please call me Cat!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Holy Cow! LookeeLoo 03-02-05 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... biancaxxx 03-02-05 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... tribephyl 03-02-05 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Flowerpower 03-02-05 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Brownroach 03-02-05 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... sylvester 03-02-05 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... aethelstan 03-02-05 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... emydi 03-02-05 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Scarlett O Hara 03-02-05 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... RudyRules 03-02-05 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... strid333 03-02-05 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... alwaysintruble1 03-02-05 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... greg2557 03-02-05 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Krautboy 03-02-05 14
 Love the spoiling, but hard to read Chez 03-03-05 15
   RE: Love the spoiling, but hard to ... sylvester 03-03-05 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... seahorse 03-03-05 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... forehead 03-03-05 18
 Thank you KO!!!! sylvester 03-03-05 19
   RE: Thank you KO!!!! KObrien_fan 03-03-05 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Thaibeach 03-03-05 21
   RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Markopolo100 03-03-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-02-05, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Holy Cow!"
Now this is a color coded SOTS if I have ever seen one!

Thanks, Cat!

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004
Responds better to graphics versus text...

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-02-05, 05:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Aw that sucks you lost it!
But still, a great read regardless

"We are suspicious that the RC listed for Episode 3 has been switched with Episode 5, as the vidcaps seem to point more to a Sea Salvage theme rather than Shoot & Switch."

I would say it's By Any Means ;)

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-05, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Excellent job cat!

I agree with b, not all is correct.
But it is very well presented.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Although I would have loved to have read your original SOTS, I thought the one presented was EXCELLENT! WELL DONE, cat! I just want to point out that you have really honed in on all of the major points for this week's episode. Very concise yet encompassing!

Also just want to add what a wonderful addition you are to our boards, so glad that you decided to join here last year. Your ability to clarify the lousy vidcaps that we do get is second to none! Your editing prowess is superb! Thanks for your input, cat and your contribution to blows!

fp

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Great SOTS, Cat! Too bad you lost the first version, but no worries, the replacement one is terrific.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

03-02-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Bumping because I'm finally done! Thank you guys for understanding! (Trust me, the first one was really good, sigh)
Please let me know if I've left out something important, or need to correct something.

Please call me Cat!!

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-02-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Great job Cat! I especially appreciate it when the SOTS offers the conclusions draws from the discussions rather than merely pointing us the the (sometimes very long) threads.

Well done! And I'll echo what FP said: You are a great addition to the spoiling team at Blows!

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004

World Travel Tips

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
GREAT SOTS CAT, YOU ARE AWESOME..

If I had lost my SOTS like you did, I would have cried to Katie and she would have felt sorry for me and done it for me

Oh my!! my theory is taking on a new life....

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-02-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
W*O*W!! That was incredible Cat! Thank you! It's one-stop shopping for all we need to know this week. Thanks so much for putting so much time and effort into it. It is very much appreciated!

I especially liked the part when you said Stephanie is going to kick A$$!

Now go home and rest up before the show tomorrow!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Nicely done Cat.
It's hard when things disappear into cyberspace!!! BUT, you did a great job with what you preseneted. Honestly, I can't see how anything else could have been much better.
I also like the fact that you list the probable conclusions that have been speculated.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-02-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
For being "thrown together", this was an excellent SOTS.

Three is the perfect number.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Marvelous job on the STOS this week Cat. If that was your backup work, I can't imagine how good the original would have been.

Thanks for taking the (double) time for wrapping this all up for the rest of us!

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions

greg2557 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greg2557 Click to send private message to greg2557 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Very Nice Cat.The second one is just great.
Thanks Greg

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Wonderful SOTS! Don't know how you had time to do it TWICE and all that incredible Shark analysis as well! You're amazing...

Thanks for all your great contributions!

Krautboy

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-05, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Love the spoiling, but hard to read"
I love the SOTS, but it's hard to read, as does not all fit on the screen. Is there a formatting issue on the original message?

03-03-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Love the spoiling, but hard to read"
Chez, I know I have a formatting issue, but due to the late night disaster didn't have time to whine to KO to help me, lol.

I'll try to get it fixed, thanks for the input.

Please call me Cat!!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Excellent job, Sylvester.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Great SOTS! Thanks, forehead

03-03-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
19. "Thank you KO!!!!"
The formatting issues are resolved with some great advice by KO, it should be easier to read now.

KO, you are so awesome!

Please call me Cat!!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thank you KO!!!!"
No problem Cat- glad I could help, and nice job on the SOTS!

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Amazing job, Cat! Thanks for a terrific SOTS. If that's a reconstruction, imagine how good the original was!

Nicely done.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 3"
Cat, thanks again.

I always stop by to read SotS at Blows because it's always done well ... and I always learn something.

Marko

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •