The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wanda's allegations "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

laniking 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-24-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail laniking Click to send private message to laniking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wanda's allegations "
Wanda says that 1/3 or selected contestants were ousted and replaced by models before the game started. I dont think her claim is plausible. However.......... I do think it's curious that there are no audition tapes available for viewing like in all the most previous seasons. Any thoughts on this? -lani

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wanda's allegations Brownroach 02-24-05 1
   RE: Wanda's allegations volsfan 02-24-05 2
       RE: Wanda's allegations Brownroach 02-24-05 3
           RE: Wanda's allegations Debberz13 02-24-05 4
               RE: Wanda's allegations laniking 02-24-05 5
                   RE: Wanda's allegations Brownroach 02-24-05 6
                       RE: Wanda's allegations laniking 02-24-05 7
                           RE: Wanda's allegations Brownroach 02-24-05 8
                               RE: Wanda's allegations laniking 02-24-05 9
                                   RE: Wanda's allegations toddE 02-24-05 11
                                       RE: Wanda's allegations cookiemom 02-24-05 14
                               RE: Wanda's allegations IslandFever 02-25-05 18
                       RE: Wanda's allegations SurvivorBlows 02-24-05 10
                           RE: Wanda's allegations Markopolo100 02-24-05 12
                               RE: Wanda's allegations braveheart 02-25-05 15
                               RE: Wanda's allegations Efjendar 02-25-05 17
                               RE: Wanda's allegations SurvivorBlows 02-25-05 23
                                   RE: Wanda's allegations Markopolo100 02-28-05 27
                                   RE: Wanda's allegations kary1371 02-28-05 28
 RE: Wanda's allegations cuon10 02-24-05 13
   RE: Wanda's allegations braveheart 02-25-05 16
       RE: Wanda's allegations cuon10 02-25-05 19
           RE: Wanda's allegations kathliam 02-27-05 26
       RE: Wanda's allegations Dakota 02-25-05 20
           RE: Wanda's allegations cuon10 02-25-05 21
           RE: Wanda's allegations ginger 02-25-05 22
 Where are the 7 that are replaced a... cuon10 02-26-05 24
 RE: Wanda's allegations cuon10 02-26-05 25
   RE: Wanda's allegations kary1371 02-28-05 29
       RE: Wanda's allegations cuon10 02-28-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
I read something about this elsewhere. Can you please post a link to her comments? Thanks.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Webby wrote about it here:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3265

02-24-05, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Thanks, vols, I wasn't paying close attention yesterday but I thought it had something to do with TV Guide. I didn't realize Webby posted an article here.

Debberz13 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-24-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Debberz13 Click to send private message to Debberz13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Well I googled everybody and this is who I found references for:

Ashley- model
Bobby - model
Coby- theater
Ibrehem- model
Janu- model/showgirl
Jennifer- a rumor she worked as a nanny for a celeb. and she did work as a photographer's asst.
Katie- musical theater
Kim- model
Tom- found a pic of him and celebs at the 9/11 concert for NYC

All the others I could only find stuff that is listed in their bios

02-24-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail laniking Click to send private message to laniking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Thanks for doing that. Seems to be heavily loaded with "beautiful people" this season.

So.... now that we see how many of them COULD have been picked solely for their good looks... does it compromise the game?

I dont think so. There is no agreement between MB and the viewing public that says he has to pick from amongst the "normal" people, of which I am very much one, for his contestants. If he wanted he could pick all survivalists or all politicians, he has the option to do so. It is his baby afterall.

But... that said... I think at least a portion of the viewing public will feel they have been lied to... which may back fire on MB if this season doesnt turn out to be the most "As The Island Turns" season ever.

I am looking as much forward to the backlash from said viewing public as I am to seeing how these "beautiful people" vie for position and still keep enough "worker bees" to feed their bellies.... that is if they dont cannibalize their own kind first. -lani

02-24-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
We've found out in the past that SEG recruited contestants. It's not a new thing. It sounds like Wanda may have taken that and embellished it way out of proportion.

02-24-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Thanks Brownroach. Do we know if it was in this proportion before or if he seemed to choose people for their looks before? -lani

02-24-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-05 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

There was a place called the Belly Bar (don't know if it's still there) in L.A. and several contestants just happened to have worked there -- Gabriel Cade was one, Alex Bell was another, there may have been a third. Also I think John Kenney said or at least implied that he had applied for another show and got rerouted to Survivor instead.

ETA: And Burton Roberts of S7 had been in the MB-produced Eco-Challenge Fiji -- coincidence?

So, yes, the recruited people are usually eye-candy sorts. Whether they recruited as many as seven this time, I'd have no idea, but even if they did, they weren't "replacements" for people who were already cast, as Wanda says.

02-24-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
I agree. Like the article says, it doesnt make sense for them to have invested so much time and energy into selecting people just to turn around and "replace" them.

While I can understand Wanda's disappointment, she doesnt get any extra sympathy from me for not being "eye candy". I'm not either, but that's the breaks and part of the game is seeing what it takes to outwit, outplay and outlast.

As we saw last season, it DIDNT work in their favor. -lani

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
I am sure Wanda is wacky and this is blown out of proportion (wouldn't we hear from or about the "replaced" cast members?), but I after I found out about the Belly Bar, it lessened my appreciation of Survivor to a slight degree. Sean Rector is also a Belly Bar struggling actor, and Dr. Will, I believe, is the owner. The bouncer was also a cast member, but I don't remember who he was. So many candidates from one place makes a sort of "in-group" thing I don't personally care for, but I still love the show.

I think there may be a tiny germ of validity that EPMB wanted more attractive people to balance out last season's hideous final 3 and relatively unattractive cast. The sexiest player was lesbian as well, so I do think hot hetero romantic shenanigans were definitely a huge factor in casting, and wouldn't be surprised if romance was "urged" behind the scenes, in the same way celebrity romances occur to promote the celebrities' projects.

cookiemom 15 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cookiemom Click to send private message to cookiemom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Dr will was the winner of Big Brother 1 or 2, I think...I believe the winnings is how he financed the bar...

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Big Brother and Survivor have both used recruits. On Big Brother those who had live feeds could hear the contestants speak about how they were recruited. But isn't it ironic that a character like Rupert could end up as one of the most beloved Survivors of all time? Belly's bar had Mike "Boogie" the rapper and BB early evictee as a manager/owner. He has since teamed up with Evil Dr. Will from BB to launch potential reality show ideas. Belly's is also a hangout for reality show wannabees and hasbeens.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
>We've found out in the past that SEG recruited contestants.
>It's not a new thing. It sounds like Wanda
>may have taken that and embellished it way out of
>proportion.

Agreed, Wanda -- who to put it kindly, seems to be an desperate attention seeker -- seems to be the type of person who hears one comment and immediately jumps to massive comclusions (maybe they can cast her in that financial services commercial?)

Anyone who knows anything about reality TV knows that not every contestant comes via a mail-in application. In addition to standard things like open casting calls (where for example, Burnett's current Apprentice casting tour isn't even bothering to film individual audition tapes and is instead just jumping straight to group discussions and observing the applicants' interactions) casting directors have been long-since known to visit nightclubs, parks -- any type of public place -- and approach (generally good-looking) people who they think might be a good fit for the show.

For example, I think Hunter Ellis was cast in the manner -- if you remember, his "audition tape" was done after a casting director approached him at a San Diego bar in which he was hanging out.

But none of this means that these people were automatically cast for the show, it simply means that they probably skipped the "thousands of mail-in tapes phase" (which is the ONLY point in the casting process in which the original audition tapes are a factor -- they simply exist in order to catch a person's eye... something that can also be done when a casting director observes an unsuspecting person's public behavior) and instead, following their initial meeting with the casting director, instead entered the casting cycle at the same regional level in which 100's of other prospective contestants were interviewed.

The idea that the show cast 20 people and then booted a third and replaced them with models brought in from a local agnecy is flat-out absurd. Any "looks" considerations were already a factor the determining the makeup of the show's 50-75 finalists -- its not like the casting folks can't find seven good-looking people on their own, just look at last season's The Amazing Race cast

As far as whether any of the good looking castaways have some modelling experience, to me that's a separate issue -- we all know that just about everyone going on this show is a Type-A attention seeker who thinks extremely highly of themselves, so obviously they're likely to have tried to cash in on their looks... but I wouldn't say that appearing in an ad for a local sporting goods store, restaurant ad, etc. makes you a "working model" -- it just makes you a good-looking person who while having a day job, tries to make some extra money on the side.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
I think what Wanda is saying could have some truth.

Like Brownroach was saying, the Belly bar was linked to numerous contestants.

Wasn't Vanuatu's John Kenney also casted a similar way?

John "says" some CBS people saw him while he was a mechanical bull operator and asked him to tryout for the show. It seemed like a sketchy story to me. It wouldn't surprise me if Kenney just got the gig from a modeling agency.

I hope the mainstream media picks up the story (if it's true) and exposes the CBS casting department. CBS can use whomever it wants, but fans want real people.

I don't think any model-type on Survivor has ever been a big hit with fans. Elizabeth and Colleen were hot, but they weren't models.

Marko

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
"I hope the mainstream media picks up the story (if it's true) and exposes the CBS casting department. CBS can use whomever it wants, but fans want real people.

I don't think any model-type on Survivor has ever been a big hit with fans."

I agree Marko...MB is missing the boat on this one...sure "Eye Candy" brings in some of the younger and male audience, but the viewers where I work are mostly 30-50 year old females who's fav Survivors are the Rupert's, Sandra's, Lex's, Johnny Fairplay's, Sue Hawk's, Richard Hatch's....and even the Lil's and Tina's of the past Survivors.

Don't get me wrong...who doesn't love seeing Ashley's bigguns or Jonathan's ripped 8 pack, but the point is right now on CBS's popularity poll the leaders are: Janu, Tom and Willard.

Yes Janu and Tom may have entertainment backgrounds but they are middle age...which goes to show you who is watching the show! Janu and Tom are very good looking middle age contestants...and so are most of the other contestants on this season's show....which already makes it a little humdrum cause everyone is kind of similar. The average viewer may not be able to relate to all these "beautiful" people. Some of the fun of the show is to see how much weight they lose. But then again...maybe MB knows that models already have the capability of starving themselves so he knows that they'll make the 39 days. But if they all start out fit and ripped then where's the comparison? If they're all type A personalities who are "into" themselves then where's the challenge? Where's the difference in demographics?

I'm hoping that Angie, Janu, Ian and Coby will last to the merge...at least these contestants don't seem to be cut from the same cloth.

I know this isn't really a "Spoiler"...but I thought it was appropriate for this thread.

I don't know however, if I want CBS to be "exposed"....this might lead to the downfall...might be better if MB went back to actually casting "real People" to keep the viewers.

Kind of reminds me of when I first started watching Fear Factor when they cast "real people" in the first season...now I couldn't give a hoot about that show cause it's all models eating the same oh, same oh worms and rats.

Can't help but thinking about the term, "Jump the Shark"...

Braveheart

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
...exposes the CBS casting department. CBS can use whomever it wants, but fans want real people.

Expose the casting department for doing their job??? Wanda's allegations are humorous.

I don't work in the entertainment industry but living in Los Angeles one can not turn the corner without mowing down the huddles of aspiring wannabees that hope for a chance to be in TV, movies, etc. Big whoop if they were replaced.

What is a DAW? <------clicky

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-05 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

>I think what Wanda is saying
>could have some truth.

And what would "the truth" be -- that Survivor calls up central casting, asks for half a dozen young hardbodies and instantly puts them on the show? There's no way that's true.

>Like Brownroach was saying, the Belly
>bar was linked to numerous
>contestants.

Like I mentioned above, casting folks visit public places and approach interesting potential contestants and encourage them to tryout for the show. Despite the fact that it's been known to overflow with ex-reality show contestants, last I heard, Belly's is still a public place and not a private club.

How do you get from the fact that a couple of people with Belly-ties appeared on Survivor to the conclusion that these people didn't have to apply and were automatically given a spot in the final cast?

I have absolutely little doubt that some people jump straight from the pool of 40-50,000 nationwide applicants right into the semifinal pool of 1,000 or so (be it via being approached by a casting director or even something like being a friend or a friend with connections type of thing.) But that's a huge leap from the claim that these people are automatically put in the final cast -- an individual casting grunt doesn't even have that kind of power. The way it works in Survivor is the entire casting team determines the 1,000 or so semifinalists and then Lynn Spillman, Burnett's chief casting director travels around the country doing the regional interviews, with 50-75 finalists then selected for the intensive LA interviews with all the producers, Jiffy, etc.

>Wasn't Vanuatu's John Kenney also casted
>a similar way?
>
>John "says" some CBS people saw him while he was
>a mechanical bull operator and asked him to tryout for
>the show. It seemed like a sketchy story to me.

It's not a sketchy story, that's what casting folks frequently do -- go out to clubs, parks, beaches, etc. and approach people that they think might make an interesting contestant. Why is John's story considered sketchy -- the fact that casting folks do this is FACT, I even saw one of them doing at a Boston club a couple of years ago.

>It wouldn't surprise me if Kenney just got the gig
>from a modeling agency.

Given that casting directors freely acknowledge that approaching people in public is part of there casting process, there's no absolutely no reason to doubt his story, but feel free to remain doubtful.

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-05, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Sblows....Thanks for the facts of the situation.

I'll live with it. Of course, that doesn't mean I have to like the casting decisions.

Marko

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Thanks SB I can say I learned something here!

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-24-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Wanda is spitting out sour grapes. That happened last season, too. It took till like episode 3 before they had the audition tapes posted. This is the thing, MB has to have a backup plan and having to find a pool of people quickly in certain circumstances has to be difficult. Where would be the best place to look on short notice? In a bar or other place of employment where a bunch of struggling actors, singers, dancers,
models and so on are working/hanging out.
IF SEG ended up replacing some of the cast for whatever reason, the fans must take at least 50% of the blame. Why? Because all they did last season was gripe about the cast, yet they did not stop tuning out. S9 did not have the ugliest cast either. John P., Brady, Ami,LeAnne,Julie, Lisa, JOhn K. The ugliest or most homely cast was definitely S5, but that does not matter as much as the playing of the game should. I am going to hazard a guess and suggest some more psych evals on Wanda. It is not like MB can control the social pecking order. That is one of the realities of life. I am not happy about the "model cast of this year" but I am sure they will do theirselves in as well, as younger casts usually do.
While her story may have some validity to it in some form, she is more or less a little bitter. She seems to carry a grudge, like she did with her ex-husband. I hope she has $5million available for the lawsuit MB should slap on her. I would sue her for the singing alone.

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wanda's allegations "

> This is the thing,
>MB has to have a
>backup plan and having to
>find a pool of people
>quickly in certain circumstances has
>to be difficult. Where
>would be the best place
>to look on short notice?

How about the thousands of "real people" who sent in applications? Maybe EPMB should cast the next season based on text applications alone...pictures unseen.

02-25-05, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
U are misunderstanding what I am saying. According to the rumor and it is just that, a rumor they had to replace seven people. If CBS rejecting them at the very last minute, they do not have time to go back through the applicants and make a last minute decision. My guess is that they have had alternates in the past
and when they have needed them, have not been able to committ that person at the last minute. I am one of those that have sent in audition tapes, one of those that truly want to play the survivor game. I did not like the thought of them using a pool of models whatever either. I am not too sure that this is accurate. It just seems tooooooooooo obvious and too much a thing that would cause controversy for the show and for its creator Mark Burnett. I would not be too surprised to see Wanda and Jonathon back on Survivor before the season finale.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-27-05, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Someone correct me, but wasn't Tina from S1 an alternate who ended up on the show at the last minute when another contestant had to drop out?

Granted, the possibility of 7 people dropping out at the same time (for whatever reason) is quite a coincidence, but possible. It's possible some of this season's roster were last minute 'replacements' because a contestant dropped out, not because the producers pulled someone. Wanda heard that and made her own assumption.

Besides, you could argue they all come from Central Casting. MB wants distinct characters. We wouldn't watch if all the castaways had the same personality. Not just the 'eye candy', but 'quirky southern hick' (James), 'older authority figure' (Tom), 'nuturing mother figure' (Caryn), 'punk 20-something' (Angie).

Being devil's advocate here, I'm not supporting Wanda's allegations in any way. At least she didn't 'sing' them.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Let's not forget that MB has been encouraging pairing up since S1 - Sean and Jenna, romantic dinner, tent, barrels of wine. He's been pushing for the sexual tension thing and hit a home run with Romber. (Now both contestants and fans seem to be put off by the whole idea.) So it wouldn't surprise me if MB was choosing model/actor wannabes for their looks as well as their incentive to get lots of camera time. If he replaced anyone originally chosen, it could also be that they were unable to do it for family, health or work-related reasons. But let's face it, between the casting, editing, questions posed in confessionals, choosing wardrobe and luxury items, Burnett is "producing" this show in every minute detail.
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

02-25-05, 06:06 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-05 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

MB may also be responding to the fan whining about Vanuatu's cast and by the way, they were not the ugliest cast. Survivor 5 had a pretty homely cast, (not that that truly has much to do with actually playing the game of Survivor,) but they were the most useless,listless and hostile and mean-spirited group I ever saw.
He is just giving many people what they have been whining for. You either want people that can play the game, if they happen to be good-looking, so be it, but people that are there for the concept, or u really should be watching other shows. Like Bachelor/Bachelorette,Elimidate, Fifth Wheel or quit trying to change Survivor into the dating game.]

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
And has been as far back as Survivor II, when he recruited Jerry Manthey, who was bartending and poured him a drink. He liked her sassiness or something.

02-26-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
24. "Where are the 7 that are replaced according to Wanda?"
I have been thinking about this alot and it is truly bothering me. While what Wanda said may have some truth to it,
it is hard to swallow the whole theory.
1)The seven probable she would be talking about: Bobby Jon,Ashlee,Kim,Ibrehem, Jennifer, Jeff, Gregg
2)Well, Kim looks skeletal already(faster than Eliza)
3)There has been little face time for Jenn
4)Ashlee wimped out, if it was acting, she was horrible
5)Bobby Jon is adorable, but very,very hick
6)Jeff is, well, not very impressive
7)Ibrehem-clueless
8)So the theory that they were putting extra eye candy on is not
working out well
9)Where are these 7 people that were replaced?
a:They would be peeved
b:No matter what they were told, what would be in it for them
not to talk. They would see it as having been lied to once,
why would they trust them.
c:A half-baked lawyer would be able to invalidate the contract
with CBS/SEG because they were not even included in the show
and just like CBS could make iron-clad contracts, they can
make ones that do not protect them from abusing people
d:There would be one or two greedy people in these 7,after all
they woulda been playing for a million.
I just think that there is something more to this. It would not be a complete surprise to see Wanda/Jonathon and maybe
Jolanda back in this game at some point.
There are also some rumors more than one person quits. Specs have been about Jeff and even Ibrehem. But even, if they did recruit 7 people to put on this show, they had to have some extra protection in their contracts with show biz/model wannabes because they are the most likely to expose behind-the-show
secrets to get attention from media and anyone else.
Plus, when Stacey Stillman went to supposedly sue SEG for
what she claimed was a "rigged show" among other things, she
got slapped with a lawsuit and she was a lawyer. Then the judge would not dismiss the lawsuit when she filed for one. So
either Wanda is overconfident about herself, mentally unbalanced, completely stupid or in on some big twist and feeding this story to the public for a reason. That is what I see.

02-26-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
This is also a very good point:
On callbacks and casting, this was CBS's response to Wanda's
allegations. I will post the link at the end of this response. I do think that there will be a little longer period of time for them to callback and the reason why is they were probably aware of Wanda's issues, they had chaos with this crew and changes in location for S11. Plus, the rumored turnover at SEG. All of that could not be going on and them be able to get all the things done in prep for 11.

allegations to do so.

The 55-year-old English teacher easily emerged as the dominant personality during last Friday's post-show press appearances, grabbing the spotlight from first episode Tribal Council victim Jolanda Jones despite the fact that both she and Jonathan Libby failed to survive the competition's initial tribal selection process and only lasted a single day on the island.

But despite already coming across remarkably like the bitter ex-contestant she has repeatedly claimed not to be, the outspoken contestant appears to have saved her best attention-seeking attempt for last, alleging in a TVGuide.com interview published today that Survivor's producers deliberately recast a third of Survivor: Palau' cast with professional models selected from agencies.

"They (the producers) didn't want it to come out that they stocked the show with young models. They did. Out of the 20 people that were originally cast, they cut seven and put pretty people from modeling agencies in instead, so that they would have the eye candy," Wanda told TVGuide.com.

According to Wanda, she discovered the recasting -- which she blamed as the root cause for an inaccurate editing process that portrayed her incessant singing as the reason for her ouster (huh?) -- when the castaways were discussing their application tapes.

"When we asked, 'What did you do for your audition tape?' some of the people would say, 'Oh, well, I didn't really do an audition tape,'" Wanda told TVGuide.com.

While Wanda's later comment clearly demonstrates that she is apparently ignorant of the fact that not every reality television contestant is cast via the mail-in application process, her allegation that seven of the show's twenty original contestants were "cut" and replaced is particularly implausible.

Unaddressed in her allegation was why Wanda believes that the show would go through the process of sifting through tens of thousands of mail-in applications, conducting hundreds of nationwide regional interviews, and undertaking a several day long sequestered Los Angeles interview process that determined Palau's twenty original finalists -- only to subsequently turn around and replace a third of the cast with models.

CBS strongly refuted Wanda's claims this afternoon, with CBS spokesperson Colleen Sullivan telling Reality TV World that "Wanda's allegation is simply untrue. I spoke with casting and not ONE modeling agency was contacted."

Humm... perhaps Wanda has been getting post-show press tips from Omarosa? Rule #1 of reality TV has-been divadom: If you're going to lie, at least make it be something that sounds believable.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Just one question...

If they cut people from the show to replace them by models... How come they didn't replace her???

I am certain than out of 7 people we could find someone who looks better than her!!

So if it was all about eye-candy, tell me please, what the heck was she doing there???!!!

02-28-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Wanda's allegations "
Great question. I swear I believe more and more she and Jonathon will make a reappearance in this game and that alot of it is Wanda doing some "false" PR. Who knows? She would be the first one I would see CBS replacing. The eye candy alone does not and has never held the ratings up. There are all those other shows that should prove that. Forever Eden(studidest reality show ever) Big Brother, Paradise Hotel, For Love or Money,Bachelor/Bachelorette and so on. Good point.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •