The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ihavturtlduvluv 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-23-05, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ihavturtlduvluv Click to send private message to ihavturtlduvluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"

Episode Two

Well, here it is, time for the second episode of Survivor: Palau! We’ve all spent the last week feverishly pouring through reams and reams of internet paper, clips, tips, and spoofs from every known and unknown source for the show, in the attempt to discover as much as we can about this show we all love (or love to hate.) There are about a bazillion new threads posted (okay, not that many but at least 200 hundred) and sometimes after reading them all it gets a bit dizzy, and you can’t remember what you saw for sure (trust me, it happened to me at least 12 times today.) So, for the next few minutes, I’ll attempt to draw a very (very very) rough map of what we expect to happen Thursday night. One thing though, don’t blame me if the info is wrong – I’m just compiling it, not deciphering it LOL.

Okay, off to the SOTS!

At this point, most of us are still learning about the tribes and who they are, so I’ll quickly remind you of who is on the tribes:

Korror – the brown tribe. Winner’s of the first immunity challenge. In episode one they chose to go to the ‘new’ beach, and while on their way lost the flint they had just won on the floor of the ocean. Much speculation has been made as to whether they go back and successfully retrieve the flint.

The members are:

Ian Rosenberger
Jennifer Lyon
Coby Archa
Katie Gallagher
Tom Westman
Janu Tornell
Gregg Carey
Caryn Groedel
Willard Smith

Ulong – the blue tribe. Loser’s of the first immunity challenge. Jolanda – captain of the pick-em, encourages them to continue to get items while other team is way ahead. Jolanda is easily picked off instead of Angie.

The member’s are:

Jolanda Jones – gone
Bobby Jo Drinkard
Ashlee Ashby
James Miller
Kimberly Mullen
Ibrehem Rahman
Stephenie LaGrossa
Jeff Wilson
Angie Jakusz

And now, on to the discussions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First, VerucaSalt has once again done a great job with ‘The Players, The Game, The Editing’ going in depth into how the season is being set up. To catch up here is her first post after ep1: – as a brief overview, it is pretty evident (again thanks VS) that the theme for this season is ‘Choices and Consequences' - to quote VS “Choices were made from the beginning. Who wants to jump out and swim to shore or stay in the boat. Choices of selected tribe members. Choices in the challenge and naturally choices for boot.” Lots of in depth discussion continued on this subject in the thread. Go check it out for long term set up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second, we get some great information brought over from jokersupdates by biancaxxx. It shows screen caps of a bulletin board with little post it cards listing all the challenges. Check out the full thread on discussions for future spoilers

The main info for this episode is that the Reward Challenge is called ‘Gauntlet Dash’ with a reward of fishing gear including snorkel and fins, and the Immunity Challenge is called ‘Head’s Up’ involving mess kits (presumably given to the tribe who wins the IC as an additional reward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fallingtogether started a great thread regarding the Alliances we have been shown to date. There is a pleathora of great discussion going on there, but the one alliance everyone is commenting on is between Coby, Caryn, and Gregg, as well as one between Tom and Ian. It remains to be seen how everything else pans out, but definitely go check out this thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up, SeeBS Misdirection, ala the Ep 2 overview here

One tribe's beach is overrun with unwelcome little visitors.
It is seen in the vidcaps that Janu is running from rats, so we know this little tidbit is from Korror.

One Survivor is suspicious about a special alliance developing between two tribemates. Romance is developing between Kim and Jeff - and the voice over of the vidcaps mentions it, but biancaxxx brings over other info stating that there is romance at both tribes. So, if it’s Kim and Jeff at Ulong, who could it be at Korror? Discussion continued here

While enjoying a feast, a tribe notices one member's reclusive behavior. – Again, with Biancaxxx’s new information, we learn that the feast is self collected, so the question still remains, who is this about.

A tribe attempts to recover a lost provision. Will they be successful in the task, or will they succumb to exhaustion? Well, in episode one we saw Korror lose their beloved flint to a boating accident, so it goes to follow this is Korror who attempts to retrieve said provision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, let’s see what is going on in the. Vidcap’s

In brief, we see Angie portrayed as the outcast

which as Pepe reminds us usually means the person featured so prominently as the loser of the week is safe.

We get a good idea of how the challenges look, both immunity and reward, with FlowerPower, Corvis, and PMSpml5 doing a lot of great detective work to place the pictures with the challenge names.

Reward Challenge is a Gauntlet Dash, which features one tribe trying to knock the others off with what looks to be sandbags,

as they dash across some sort of log (probably a spinning one)

and we see Willard sitting out of this challenge

(thanks Krautboy)

As for who wins this one, the speculation is all leading towards Korror.

Immunity Challenge is 'Heads Up', involving some mess kits (presumably military style) and the tribes have to work together to release a box from the ocean floor

and hold them over their heads.

PMS is the first to notice that in the pictures of Bobby Jon during the reward challenge, is buff is not hanging out on his arm

but in this picture of dejection, it is prominently featured, leading us all to speculate that Ulong again loses the IC and is sent back to Jiffy Pop and Tribal Council.

The discussion/debate as to who to go next week is still going on, with theories pointing to Jeff or Kim featured prominently, but we won’t really know until Thursday night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always, there are other threads that will need to be visited often during the many weeks we get to watch/spoil/enjoy Survivor: Palau! Don’t forget to check them out:

Strategy’s Revealed Do Not Succeed’ begun by Krautboy – lots of great discussion – check it out.

Key Quotes/Confessionals’ started by Estee – as many of you know, the editing crew likes to throw us clues as to who the winner is if we are smart enough to whittle it down, and the discussion for this season is going on here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, I think that’s it for this week. I know for a fact I’ve missed some info, but hopefully this will get you all on the right track. Try not to throw too many tomatoes at me ya’ll If I missed anything atrocious, let me know and I'll fix it pronto. We are still getting to know these new characters, but I’m excited to see the season play out.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... KObrien_fan 02-23-05 1
   I have a question about Ep 2 Spoili... cuon10 02-24-05 22
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Flowerpower 02-23-05 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... pmspml5 02-23-05 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... ohmyheck 02-23-05 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Krautboy 02-23-05 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... RudyRules 02-23-05 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... PolyannaJo 02-23-05 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Brownroach 02-23-05 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... VerucaSalt 02-23-05 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... emydi 02-23-05 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... strid333 02-23-05 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... Loquatrix 02-23-05 12
   Thanks you guys! ihavturtlduvluv 02-23-05 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... braveheart 02-23-05 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... alwaysintruble1 02-23-05 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... kathliam 02-23-05 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... GuessItRains 02-23-05 17
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... LookeeLoo 02-23-05 18
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... whoami 02-23-05 19
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... sylvester 02-24-05 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Ep... applejack93 02-24-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-05, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Good job, thanks for doing this!

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-24-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "I have a question about Ep 2 Spoiling and I know u have the answer"
Who is the person in the challenge for tonite where they are over the pool or trench of water and swinging on a rope across.
This person is 90 degrees in an L-shape feet pointed up, back parallel to the ground/water and they have like knee-length khaki shorts on, no top and they slam pretty hard into the edge of the pool/trench wall. This was on the CBS promos commercials for tonite. I mean from the clip, they hit hard. Is anyone sure of this, and please tell me it is not Tom.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Excellent job, Turtle! Very organized and easy to follow. You put all the important specs in, and left it all open! Great job in the midst of SO much speculation, and much appreciated!

Well done,

fp

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
WTG - I feel so honored to have been mentioned in a STOS - wahoo - need to get a bigger hat now my head is getting big.

Great job on the updates

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-23-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
excellent job! I'm no longer confused.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-23-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great Work IHTDL!

Your SOTS is just what was needed to focus our spoiling. With so much going on this week, this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Krautboy

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Nicely done!

PolyannaJo 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PolyannaJo Click to send private message to PolyannaJo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Excellent job - thanks.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Excellent SOTS, turtlduv!

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-23-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
As always, I applaud the excellent work I always see with the SOTS and yours is certainly no exception!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great work turtle!!! Very concise!!

TURTLE TURTLE!!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Good job on the SOTS.

Three is the perfect number.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-23-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great summary, thank you! I haven't had time to hang out in Spoilers this week, but now I feel completely clued in.

ihavturtlduvluv 152 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ihavturtlduvluv Click to send private message to ihavturtlduvluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Thanks you guys!"
I was really struggling getting the info for this episode into an order in my head. I was so worried my SOTS wouldn't even make sense LOL. You guys definitely made it feel all worth while! Thanks

~turtle

braveheart 104 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail braveheart Click to send private message to braveheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great spoiling! Very to the point! Love it! Also love how you gave everyone credit. Way to go Dove Love!

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great work on the STOS. I love reading these to help me clear everything up that I've tried to read all week.

Thanks!

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-23-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great job, Turtle. You condensed a lot of information in a fairlyl short time.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Bravo turtl!

Being so busy the next month or so, this is going to be a great way for me to stay "up" on the show behind the show.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-05, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Very nice job turtle! Very nice flow.

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great job. It help clear up a few things.
I try to stay out of the spoilers but like everyones ideas on what they think is going to happen.

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great job, thank you for doing it! I've had a hard time myself the past week keeping track of things, and this sure helped!

Please call me Cat!!

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-24-05, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, S 10, Episode 2"
Great job turtl - I am studying so hard to make sure that mine will be the best I can make it! Your's was so concise and easy to read.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •