The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 16th"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: May 16th"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-07 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

An episode that shows the "Preparation for Battle" is bound to have less action but I saw it as a chance for
Redemption

-Charlie was not a well-liked character, either by design or circumstances, but he got a chance at redemption in this episode. This dissolute man became a man of "faith", at least with respect to Desmond's vision and a "hero" ready to make good on the promise he made Claire when he met her: "We're alive, it's a beautiful island and before you know it, helicopters are going to come to save us." He will do anything to save her and Aaron.

The writers made sure that, even if we didn't like him, we'd be on board for this emotional send-off. Charlie's "greatest hits" fleshed out a character that had been seriously lacking. His friendship with Hurley was used to make us embark on Charlie's journey.

As a side note: The surprise in the "Looking Glass" Station could be just starting. I think that the Blonde girl, the one who came rushing in with a gun, was the Finnish groupie that was on Charlie's left during the ring flashback. I hope he remembers her and treated her well or she could have another reason to shoot him besides his intrusion!

-Jack's character was not supposed to be disliked, at least I don't think that was the intent. The writers tried to make us appreciate him a little more.

They showed that Jack didn't want the leadership: "For 90 days, I've been asked to make decisions."

They used Sayid to highlight Jack's role. Sayid has grown as a character probably more than expected so even if he was the one to tell Jack: "I'm trying to get us home" Sayid told us that: "I'm not the leader, you are...Take us all home."

The writers used Rose to make us like Jack: "I like you better since you've returned."
They also downplayed Sawyer to leave room for Jack. In two scenes where Jack took leadership; the walk towards Danielle and the preparation to leave camp, Sawyer was seen but not heard. How often has that happened?

Even if Jack did assume the leadership which culminated with his: "We'll blow them all to hell", Sayid still appeared to outshine Jack. Is it the character or the actor that doesn't cut it?

The writers want Jack to be the leader the Losties and the audience follow and respect. There was a lot of manipulation done for Jack this week. If the audience still doesn't embark, when do we see a change of leadership?

-Rose and Bernard were two forgotten characters that needed to be reintroduced. Now that the rapport with the island is taking center stage, we know that Rose is "Special" also. Is it the start of their story arc or is it giving them airtime before their exit? We'll have to wait but they don't look like they are there for the long term.

I had speculated that Mikhail could be another of the Dharma crew that was saved from the purge but seeing Ryan, I think Ben brought in ex-military personel to act as mercenaries. Ryan's "Yes Sir" was military. It wasn't the tone of a member of a scientific staff, not even from a security agent. Where does Ben get his funds? From Dharma?? Blackmail or extortion maybe?

When Jack said: "They have no idea we'll be waiting for them" how many thought: Are you sure?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 May 16th   pinksparkleguitar     05-17-07       
   RE: May 16th   Chez     05-17-07     1  
     RE: May 16th   emydi     05-17-07     10  
         RE: May 16th   Scarlett O Hara     05-17-07     14  
             RE: May 16th   michel     05-17-07     16  
         RE: May 16th   miamicatt     05-17-07     18  
             RE: May 16th   J Slice     05-17-07     19  
     RE: May 16th   dabo     05-18-07     21  
   RE: May 16th   gatortod     05-17-07     2  
   RE: May 16th   zombiebaby     05-17-07     3  
     RE: ring   gatortod     05-17-07     4  
         RE: ring   zombiebaby     05-17-07     5  
             RE: ring   gatortod     05-17-07     6  
                 RE: ring   Chez     05-17-07     8  
         RE: ring   HobbsofMI     05-17-07     7  
     THANK YOU!   miamicatt     05-17-07     12  
         RE: THANK YOU!   dragonflies     05-21-07     25  
   RE: May 16th   Scarlett O Hara     05-17-07     9  
   RE: May 16th   HobbsofMI     05-17-07     11  
   RE: May 16th   Chez     05-17-07     13  
     RE: May 16th   miamicatt     05-17-07     17  
   RE: May 16th   michel     05-17-07     15  
   RE: May 16th   CTgirl     05-17-07     20  
   RE: May 16th   Ice 9     05-19-07     22  
     RE: May 16th   AugustGirl     05-20-07     24  
   RE: May 16th   joannie     05-19-07     23  
     RE: May 16th   miamicatt     05-21-07     26  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •