The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The key quote/confessional"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The key quote/confessional"
Well, it wasn't Wanda. It was probably someone else. You know the demi-tradition: in the first episode, we usually get someone saying something that sets them up for a later win. And given the limited number of people who actually bothered speaking last night (or had time to in a one-hour, twenty-contestant premiere), picking out the money quote should be pretty easy this time around.

Which means I can't do it. Anyone else?

(I'm in TJ's zone. I don't even have these people's names yet. There's Generic Gay Man, Ski Jump Nose, Loud Woman (voted out), Tattoo Girl, Pointless Guy...)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The key quote/confessional KObrien_fan 02-18-05 1
   RE: The key quote/confessional Scarlett O Hara 02-18-05 2
       RE: The key quote/confessional Gennenut 02-18-05 3
       RE: The key quote/confessional echogirl 02-18-05 4
           RE: The key quote/confessional FarmBoy 02-18-05 8
           RE: The key quote/confessional Brownroach 02-18-05 10
               RE: The key quote/confessional emydi 02-18-05 13
                   Angie lovwigglesworth 02-18-05 14
                       RE: Angie Karchita 02-19-05 30
                           RE: Angie biancaxxx 02-19-05 31
           Another possible reason for Coby's ... tamarama 02-18-05 16
   RE: The key quote/confessional Loree 02-18-05 5
       RE: The key quote/confessional Corvis 02-18-05 6
       there's a difference though shakes the clown 02-18-05 15
           RE: there's a difference though echogirl 02-19-05 22
   RE: The key quote/confessional Corvis 02-18-05 11
   RE: The key quote/confessional ohmyheck 02-18-05 19
 RE: The key quote/confessional FarmBoy 02-18-05 7
   RE: The key quote/confessional Brownroach 02-18-05 9
       RE: The key quote/confessional FarmBoy 02-18-05 12
           RE: The key quote/confessional Brownroach 02-18-05 18
               RE: The key quote/confessional Loquatrix 02-18-05 21
                   RE: The key quote/confessional emydi 02-19-05 25
   irony sorgee 02-19-05 32
 RE: The key quote/confessional SuperClyde 02-18-05 17
   RE: The key quote/confessional bigtom91 02-18-05 20
 Coby Cathy the Canadian 02-19-05 23
   RE: Coby uberspoon 02-19-05 24
       RE: Coby Loquatrix 02-19-05 26
           RE: Coby volsfan 02-19-05 27
           RE: Coby Karchita 02-19-05 29
   RE: Coby biancaxxx 02-19-05 28
       RE: Coby joshf823 02-19-05 33
           RE: Coby Whole Lotta Rosie 02-22-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
It isn't always in episode 1, sometimes it is the 2nd or third, however I think it is safe to say that the 2 people who did not get a confessional in the show last night will not win, and that is Kim and Jennifer. All others had at least one confessional.

The only quote that struck me last night in a confessional was Angie's "I just want to get through this, and then we'll see what heppens" (Or something close to that)

Ian also made a statement about how his strategy for picking the tribe was to go for the wiser ones. It panned out last night, but will it last?

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-18-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
How does it go ... "Strategies revealed, do not succeed" ...

I picked up on how Angie & Coby both admitted to being cut from the same cloth ... kindred spirits ... outcasts ... different which added to Angie's shock and dismay when Coby did not select her ...

Gennenut 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-18-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gennenut Click to send private message to Gennenut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
Then again the nyc fireman (sorry takes me a few episodes to get names to faces) said something about taking the job of making fire is a sure way to lose... Who attempted to make fire last night?

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-18-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
Coby mentioned something about not standing out so much which is one reason why I think he picked Caryn over Angie. I think Coby and Angie are cut from the same cloth and Coby may have feared that the two of them paired up would have made him stand out even more. I also think there has to be some signficance to all of Angie's talk/confessionals about not fitting in, being the last person selected, and not trusting anyone on her tribe. Either MB/Jiffy want to feature her as long as they can (think Rob M. S4 or Rory S9) because she's interesting, or maybe she is a signficant player to be watched.

Ibrehem's confessional about athletics before losing the first IC contrasted with Ian's quote about the older, wiser tribe also bears watching. Obviously one won't work out. I can't remember what Stephenie said in confessionals but I will rewatch the tape as I think she's going to be very important.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-18-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
I agree with your analysis on Coby's pick. I thought the same thing when he didn't pick angie.

Maybe a secret cross-tribe alliaince will be revealed later on.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
I think Angie and Coby are going the be the tribe narrators for awhile. Fester said he thinks Angie will be like the Shii Ann of S10, and I agree (Rory is a good comparison too). I don't know if she will last quite as long, but I think she'll be around for a little bit.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
I agree BR I think the Shii Ann/Rory analogy for Angie is perfect!! You and Fester~~swoon~~

Angie is always "supposed" to go but never does until about mid season either right before jury or thereabouts

I agree Angie and Coby are the narrators for now anyway.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-18-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Angie"
I got a Kathy Obrien vibe from Angie myself and I hope she has the same kind of experience and ends up in the finals. Right now she is the underdog and feels in-secure but it seems like she will learn alot and maybe come out ahead in the end.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-05, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Angie"
She reminded me of Frankie from Real World San Diego, who imagined herself to be an outsider when she really wasn't that disliked by the others. She made herself so miserable that she eventually quit. I thought Angie was very negative and I don't think she'll last long.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Angie"
she'll probably quit.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-18-05, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Another possible reason for Coby's pick..."
I had a thought about Coby's choice - and if I'm right, Coby's a pretty fast thinker.

When it was his turn, the two men left were Willard & Jonathan, right? Coby was hot to see Jonathan booted. Maybe he figured Caryn was more likely than Angie to choose Willard.

I know he & Angie had done some talking, and she may well have been on board the boot-Jonathan-train, but he just may have been more sure of Caryn, as an older woman.

Also, of the 3 last women, Angie & Caryn were pretty much guaranteed to be picked over Wanda. So he would have been pretty sure that Angie was safe.

Either way, he'd better repair that if he & Angie are both still there post-merge - otherwise she may hold a grudge.

Or, I'm totally wrong & he was closer to Caryn than Angie.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
>It isn't always in episode 1,
>sometimes it is the 2nd
>or third, however I think
>it is safe to say
>that the 2 people who
>did not get a confessional
>in the show last night
>will not win, and that
>is Kim and Jennifer.
>All others had at least
>one confessional.
>

But Tina never had a confessional in the first ep of Survivor Outback and she won the whole thing. So Kim and Jennifer being ignored doesn't mean they can't be the winner.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
Jeff also didn't have a confessional last night.

Tina is the lone exception to the rule. In every other season, the winner had at least one confessional in Episode 1. So it's likely, although not assured, that Kim, Jeff and Jenn won't win.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "there's a difference though"
>>It isn't always in episode 1,
>>sometimes it is the 2nd
>>or third, however I think
>>it is safe to say
>>that the 2 people who
>>did not get a confessional
>>in the show last night
>>will not win, and that
>>is Kim and Jennifer.
>>All others had at least
>>one confessional.
>>
>
>But Tina never had a confessional
>in the first ep of
>Survivor Outback and she won
>the whole thing. So
>Kim and Jennifer being ignored
>doesn't mean they can't be
>the winner.

....Tina not having a confessional was actually "the key confessional" only in reverse. MB did it on purpose and then hinted at it with his comments in an interview that the key to the first episode of S2 is not what you see, but what you don't see. Get it?

So you can't really use the Tina example since in a bastardized way it does qualify as the key confessional to the first episode of S2.

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-19-05, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: there's a difference though"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 00:40 AM (EST)

MB may have done it on purpose, but Tina was also a relatively dull cast member on a season with a plethora of interesting characters. He had only one season to go on, and Tina (as far as enertaining TV) could not compare to to Dicque so he likely wanted to emphasize the interesting characters so his still new show would not lose momentum.

Ethan and Vee were two other winners with less than dynamic personalities. MB rode the Lex/Tom/Ethan alliance to the F4, but he emphasized Tom and Lex all season and tried to build up Ethan as a likable (albiet dull) character as the show progressed.

Vee if I recall had a couple of memorable moments E1 and then all but disappeared. With Rob M., Kathy, Sean R. and the Rotu 4 demise, he had more colorful characters and interesting storylines to build a show on. He had to play up this as most found the F2 of Vee and Neleh to be anti-climatic.

I think MB wants to show something memorable from the eventual winner in E1 or E2, but if the eventual winner is less than satisfying he's going to milk the most interesting, colorful characters as long as they are there. Rob M., Rupert, Shii Ann, Rory, and Jeff. V. are a few that come to mind. All went at the merge or shortly after.

Based on face time E1, Coby, Ian, Angie, Tom, James and Stephenie seem to be the ones most emphasized. Coby, Angie & James seem to fit the Rob/Rupert/Shii Ann mold more than the other three. Ian and Stephenie were edited in a way that leads me to believe they will be there a very long time. If neither wins I think we have a Tina/Ethan/Vee situation where a weaker cast member wins, but is slowly developed so MB can milk his characters as long as possible. As much as this show has been hyped, I'm hoping we have a fairly dynamic winner.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
"The only quote that struck me last night in a confessional was Angie's "I just want to get through this, and then we'll see what heppens" (Or something close to that)"

The confessional was more "make it past this one and I'll be happy". To me, it set her up for a short stay unless we see her say that sort of thing again. And again. And again.

I don't think there was a key confessional in Episode 1. In looking over my notes (full analysis at my blog by the way), nothing jumped out to me.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-18-05, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
Jeff didn't have any confessionals either.

02-18-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
Who said "my family told me not to come home if I don't win."? It is in one of the promos and the guy that says it is lying in a hammock-

This may be in next weeks episode.

02-18-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
No it won't because Jonathan said it. He said his family told him not to come home if he was voted off first. Oh the irony.

02-18-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
Crap! you're right.

Well, at least he wasn't "voted off first". He never even made it to the vote.

02-18-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
It's like Thailand, when Helen's husband said she didn't come out there to finish 3rd, and she didn't, she finished 4th.

Hey, maybe we can make a theory out of this: Whenever someone talks about finishing in a particular position, they will always finish one position worse.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-18-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
And there was an interesting ironic twist on that in Vanuatu, BR -- remember when Chris and Eliza were on a reward and Chris said something about him and Eliza "Going to the Final Four" together and Eliza reminds him, "...Final Three!" and he mumbles oh yeah, yeah of course, yeah...

What Chris gave away at that point was his intention to dump Eliza at fourth -- whereas he'd been telling her all along she was going to Final Three with him. And so she came out one place lower than she talked about.

I like your theory. Let's think of more to see if we can't make a rule here!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-05 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

ete

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-19-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "irony"
how ironic would it be if jonathan and wanda were brought back and jonathan won the whole thing? would make his confessional statement the best ever.
(i'm not saying that this will happen, i'm merely stating that it would be ironic if it did happen.)

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-18-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
I was looking with an eye to the quote, too, and the only thing that stood out to me was something from Angie--I believe it was something like "I'm definitely the odd man out here." Did anyone catch that?

Though I can't picture how Angie could win, I'd love to see her win it. The sweet outsider fighting on and triumphing in the end. It'd be like watching a John Hughes film over a season of Survivor.

bigtom91 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-18-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigtom91 Click to send private message to bigtom91 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The key quote/confessional"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

And I saw in another thread that they said that Willard could possibly be Korors first TC victim, and at TC JP said before they left that "YOu have to get a plan together soon, or you'll be back here real soon". Now I just think that maybe they will get a plan, they will win, and maybe Willard will go.

Also under Koror ACCIDENT made by Flowerpower, post 28 by bianca is very interesting. You can read it here, <http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5707&forum=DCForumID2&omm=28>, but ill also copy and paste it.

last paragraph states:

"Ian's group finally got dealt a blow too when their canoe suddenly capsized on their way to their island, leaving their supplies somewhere in the depths of the South Pacific. A clip of next week also revealed their adventurous island-hopping might not have been a wise venture -- someone from Koror is heard calling it "a nightmare." Their first tribal council will be next week; but it's not overly optimistic to say Ian's looking pretty safe for the time being."

That to me also make me believe that Willard might go, but it still could be someone else.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Coby"
The only thing that stuck out for me was the way Coby was successful in ousting Johnathon.

The way he described going to all the players, and just casually suggesting him, I thought, this guy is devious. He's either out early, or going far.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Coby"
I noticed this as well. While it's a little too early to know for sure, I couldn't help but wonder if they're setting up Coby as the "master survivor strategist" who's doomed to take third place
i.e. Rob C., Kathy, Lex,(and as much as I hate to admit it) Fairplay.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Coby"
Yup, I got strong Cesternino vibes from Coby.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Coby"
I don't know if you guys saw the link I posted to New York Times article (I put the link the The Early Show thresd) where Jolanda says her pick to win it all is Coby. Take that for what is worth!

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-05, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Coby"
Me too. Big time.

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Coby"
I was told he is a little bit of Rob C and Hatch mixed into one.

joshf823 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joshf823 Click to send private message to joshf823 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Coby"
Yup, Coby seems to be a guy that can really strategize, and can think quickly on his feet. But as people mentioned before...the best survivor strategists have always finished in third.

Whole Lotta Rosie 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to send private message to Whole%20Lotta%20Rosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Coby"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-05 AT 01:10 AM (EST)

emydi

Love the KT theory.

Early in the show Caryn says something to the effect regarding who will go get water.

(pointing to Angie) Your number 1

(pointing to herself) I am number 2.

Pointing to two people, one of whom is Williard. Your number 3 and 4.

finally "and Coby is five".

I don't know what this means but only four ended up going for water.

Reminded me of Chris quote regarding Julie in Vanatau about sneaking into the final five.

Edited to change "sneaking into the final five"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •