The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Koror ACCIDENT...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Koror ACCIDENT...."
This morning Biancaxx reported that her source notified her of an "accident" that involved the Koror Tribe. She is hoping that it will indeed be edited in as it is said that it may effect the rest of the game for Koror. It is rumored that things may get lost as a result of the accident. It is not said to involve any animals or sharks. The most important thing about this "accident" is it is said to effect Koror's whole game!

See what Biancaxxx had to say regarding it here. Post number 123. If the link isn't working here it is:

Http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/5689.shtml

Okay, let's speculate...what kind of accident occurs with Koror, and what will the consequences be that could effect their WHOLE game. What could they lose? We've got till tonight to nail it!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Corvis 02-17-05 1
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... kingfish 02-17-05 2
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... KObrien_fan 02-17-05 3
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Brownroach 02-17-05 4
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Flowerpower 02-17-05 5
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Magic Fingers 02-17-05 8
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... King Will 02-17-05 6
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Corvis 02-17-05 7
           RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Loree 02-17-05 10
               RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... biancaxxx 02-17-05 13
                   That's not what she meant... IceCat 02-17-05 15
                       RE: That's not what she meant... biancaxxx 02-18-05 19
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... smokedog 02-18-05 16
           RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... tribephyl 02-18-05 18
 No spoilers until 11:00 please IceCat 02-17-05 11
   Second occurrence IceCat 02-17-05 14
       RE: Second occurrence tribephyl 02-18-05 17
           ? IceCat 02-20-05 54
               RE: ? tribephyl 02-20-05 55
                   I kinda figured... IceCat 02-20-05 60
 Question volsfan 02-18-05 20
   RE: Question Scarlett O Hara 02-18-05 21
       RE: Question volsfan 02-18-05 22
           RE: Question biancaxxx 02-18-05 30
               RE: Question volsfan 02-18-05 31
                   RE: Question Loree 02-18-05 38
                       SCUBA Kermit the Vixen 02-21-05 72
                           RE: SCUBA volsfan 02-21-05 74
                   RE: Question motormouth 02-22-05 77
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Corvis 02-18-05 23
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... biancaxxx 02-18-05 27
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... FreshlySqueezed 02-21-05 73
           RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... biancaxxx 02-22-05 76
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... redbeard103152 02-18-05 24
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... JohnMc 02-18-05 36
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Karchita 02-18-05 40
           RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Corvis 02-18-05 41
               RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Karchita 02-20-05 69
 Did they lose the Immunity Idol? Brownroach 02-18-05 25
   RE: Did they lose the Immunity Idol... aethelstan 02-18-05 26
 Penn State article biancaxxx 02-18-05 28
   RE: Penn State article KObrien_fan 02-18-05 32
   RE: Penn State article Brownroach 02-18-05 33
       RE: Penn State article emydi 02-18-05 37
           RE: Penn State article Corvis 02-20-05 58
               RE: Penn State article emydi 02-21-05 71
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Scarlett O Hara 02-18-05 29
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Flowerpower 02-18-05 34
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Brownroach 02-18-05 35
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Karchita 02-18-05 39
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Magic Fingers 02-19-05 48
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... ScurvyDawg 02-19-05 50
 They have to EARN fire samboohoo 02-18-05 42
 Wanda screws up? Corvis 02-18-05 43
   RE: Wanda screws up? aethelstan 02-18-05 44
       RE: Wanda screws up? Devious Weasel 02-18-05 45
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Devious Weasel 02-18-05 46
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... biancaxxx 02-19-05 47
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... ScurvyDawg 02-19-05 49
 RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Risti 02-20-05 51
   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... VolcanicGlass 02-20-05 52
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... biancaxxx 02-20-05 53
       ummm... tribephyl 02-20-05 56
           RE: ummm... biancaxxx 02-20-05 57
               RE: ummm... jusalurker 02-20-05 59
               aha tribephyl 02-20-05 70
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... Risti 02-20-05 61
       RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... pmspml5 02-20-05 64
           RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... biancaxxx 02-20-05 65
               RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... pmspml5 02-20-05 66
                   RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... volsfan 02-20-05 67
               RE: Koror ACCIDENT.... KObrien_fan 02-21-05 75
 Clothes biancaxxx 02-20-05 62
   RE: Clothes volsfan 02-20-05 63
   RE: Clothes jusalurker 02-20-05 68

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-17-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Someone goes fishing with the machete and loses it?

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Something happens that affects their (Koror’s) whole Game? Since they wind Immunity tonite, this has to refer to their whole game after tonite. It seems too obvious, but what else could it be other than that they lose/break the Machete? Someone drops it overboard during the quest for beach sites? Or afterward? That could affect their food and shelter, thus their stamina and will, followed by deteriorate into personal relationship deterioration, infighting, tribal disintegration.

Or the water source is ruined somehow, maybe an animal dies in it, or one of the more ditzy DAWS finds it and figures it must be the island facility (restroom type). Losing the water source furnished by the game would be serious.

Tsunami? Timings off.

Outside of injuries, what else could it be? Even a personal injury isn't that big a deal as far as affecting the whole game for a tribe.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
They have a boat accident and are then forced to swim to each challenge instead of riding. Or they lose their oars and can't whittle new paddles.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-05 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

The source also told bianca it could get edited into Episode 2. So it's not something that will have major relevance for tonight.

I'll guess they lose something that enables them to get food/nourishment, and it weakens them over time. This could eventually result in two things we've heard about/speculated on:

1) Somebody quits, perhaps due to the resulting weakness/illness

2) The Dan Bollinger rumor from Palau suggesting that Koror got pagonged

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

02-17-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
They could capsize their canoe and lose everything in the boat...we know that the machete makes it to land as we see Tom carrying it in their walking line...

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-17-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
>They could capsize their canoe and
>lose everything in the boat...we
>know that the machete makes
>it to land as we
>see Tom carrying it in
>their walking line...
True...or if not lose everything..at least ruin any food that might of been given to them.
Could the picture of Tom carrying the machete be before this happens? I can't see that picture right now...but do they look wet in the picture?

King Will 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-17-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20Will Click to send private message to King%20Will Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Seems it could be that Koror loses or ruins whatever they win in tonights immunity.

Possibilities include but are not limited to:

1) flint, duh no fire.

2) bag of rice, (Here catch!- What do you mean its my fault the rice is all wet? I tossed it to him and he dropped it in the ocean!)

As amusing as number two is, I lean towards number one, this would seriously weaken the entire team, it is the traditional reward for the first win, and they might not win again for a while forcing JiffyPop to offer them the deal with the devil (think food for tarp) to get a second flint on say day 8 or 9.

just my 2 cents,
King W

02-17-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
If number one happens, maybe the decide to throw the second or third immunity challenge knowing that by going to TC, they'll get fire. Of course, they also have to sacrifice one of their members, which sends them into a downward spiral and they lose six in a row!

Or something like that.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I don't think you should be posting this on here yet...

biancaxxx 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-17-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
it's the spoiler forum, if u don't want me to report spoilers before the show, then i wont.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "That's not what she meant..."
Loree is referring to another post that I deleted that discussed the actual events of tonight's episode in comparison to your prediction.

Your spoilers are greatly appreciated and I encourage you to continue to post them.

We simply have a long-standing policy about where we discuss what has happened on the show as it is being aired.

That place is the East Coast Update Thread.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

02-18-05, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail biancaxxx Click to send private message to biancaxxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: That's not what she meant..."
Oh okay, I understand now. I didn't see the deleted post.

I still haven't seen the show myself yet, so you don't need to worry about me talking about the episode before USA has seen it. Doesn't premiere where I am til the 22nd :/

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-18-05, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
>If number one happens, maybe the
>decide to throw the second
>or third immunity challenge knowing
>that by going to TC,
>they'll get fire.

Bad strategy in that case - as seen by tonight's TC and Ulong not getting fire to take back. Probst said 'you have to earn it'.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 06:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
If number one happens, maybe the(y) decide to throw the second or third immunity challenge (assum)ing that by going to TC, they'll get fire.

Very bad strategy. But, I can see it happening.

Alas ... Poor Koror! I hardly knew thee!

02-17-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "No spoilers until 11:00 please"
Please keep the spoiler discussion on the East Coast Update Thread until 11:00pm EST, thanks.

02-17-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
14. "Second occurrence"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-05 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Please do NOT discuss anything that happened on tonight's episode.

I'll unlock this thread again at 11:00pm.

02-18-05, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Second occurrence"
A little stressed Icey?

Just recite to yourself ... "This is not Sucks!, This is not Sucks! This is not Sucks!"

02-20-05, 05:50 AM (EST)
54. "?"
A little stressed Icey?
Just recite to yourself ... "This is not Sucks!, This is not Sucks! This is not Sucks!"

I'm not sure what you mean by that... could you please explain?

02-20-05, 07:10 AM (EST)
55. "RE: ?"
It was more of a "timely" joke, as the "Spoofs, Goofs, Spoilers and Hoaxes" thread was recently posted, and it was beginning to bear a similar feel to the topics in that thread. (As in, lots of warnings/locks. Vaguely reminicient of Sucks during the BoardWars of '81.)

I definitely meant it as a joke.
Specially since I don't see you as an "over-reacter".

For me, it was humorous because I've been hanging out at Blows for years and every beginning to the season (whether it's AI / TAR / Survivor) there's always a major blue force coming through.
Which, I LVOE!
It's the reason I stay here.

Again, it was meant to relieve tension.
Not start new ones.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
By the way Icey, I might have a favor to ask of you. If your up to it. PM me.

02-20-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
60. "I kinda figured..."

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Question"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

I have been thinking about this and I was wondering if Ulong recovers their reward from the first challenge. Bianca states that (referring to the accident),She is hoping that it will indeed be edited in as it is said that it may effect the rest of the game for Koror.

If there was discussion among the editors as to whether to include the over turned boat in the show, does this mean they (Koror) go out the next day and recover the box from the ocean? I would think if they never recovered the box then it would HAVE to be included in the editing because we would know they didn't have fire. However, if they go out the very next morning and retrieve the box then they could be edited as having fire the next day (not a big deal editing wise).

Edited because I obviously don't the difference in the two tribes!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Question"
I can't help but wonder if this is indeed, the accident Bianca's source was talking about. Just when this tribe celebrates their first victory, they are quickly faced with losing their fire AND making a very poor choice of moving to a new and "unknown" beach... Combined, these things cannot help their morale.

02-18-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Question"
I agree in that I think this was the accident but I was curious as to why the discussion of whether to include it or not in the show. Makes me wonder if they don't recover the box quickly.

02-18-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Question"
My source wasn't sure. They said that they'd be VERY surprised if it wasn't included, because its part of Koror's story and it effects them the whole game. They weren't sure if it'd be in ep1 or edited into ep2 because it was late on day 3 that it happened(and i guess we now know that it will be in both).

I don't know if they recover it or not though, sorry.

02-18-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Question"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

Well, if it does continue to affect them deep in the game, I guess they don't get it back. I just think it is strange that the cameraman picked up the box on the ocean floor but they can't get it. The water is so clear it looked to me like they could have seen the box from the top of the water. Maybe the water is just too deep!

ETA: Thanks for addressing my questions.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Question"
I was wondering if they just edited in a photo of a fire box on the bottom of the ocean after it happened. They made it look obvious where it was. But if the cameraman was down there taking photos of it, wouldn't the tribe be able to see where the cameramen are? So maybe they just set up a photo shoot of it at another location.

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-21-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to send private message to Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "SCUBA"
The camera man coulda' strapped a tank of air on his back. I've taken some pretty crystal clear videos myself in water that was too deep to just swim on down to the bottom.

Justa thought.

Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

02-21-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
74. "RE: SCUBA"
As powerful as cameras are these days I would hope that they are using cameras that would have allowed them to just do a fade in to bring it into focus. JMHO.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-22-05, 04:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Question"
I wondered the same thing vols, my guess is they shot video at a later date or different location of the box. I remember seeing a special about reality TV and JP said they do alot of re-shooting clips using actors and props. Otherwise I think it would be clear to the tribe where it was at. (of course it still coulda been too deep)

*WooHoo, I got me a Syren!*

02-18-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Bianca,

How sure was your source that this accident affects the whole game?

02-18-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

They were pretty sure about it effecting Koror's game. I asked them if it was definitly going to be shown, and they said that they'd be very surpsied if it wasn't, because it's an important part of Koror's story and effects their whole game. The reason why they weren't sure if it would be in ep1 or ep2 is because it happened late on day 3. The pick 'em was also day 3, but they edited it and said it was day 2.

I don't know if they get their fire back or not, I'd assume that they wouldn't, because it somehow has to effect them, but I can't be sure.

FreshlySqueezed 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FreshlySqueezed Click to send private message to FreshlySqueezed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Lets say they don't retrieve their flint. They can't go the whole game without fire and water to drink so at the very latest, they'd miraculously get flint episode 3..maybe episode 4.

So this begs the question...how could the tipping over of their outrigger and losing their flint affect Koror for the rest of their game??? At most it would affect them for the next couple eppies until they were given flint.

02-22-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
76. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
they lose some of their clothes..and that is said to affect them.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-18-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

If the Koror flint remains on the bottom of the ocean I can see it having a great effect on how long Tom lasts on the tribe. I realise that it was not his fault that the boat overturned but it was his idea to go to the new camp. That in itself was not a real smart move. Like giving up what you know for a chance to get whats behind door number three. If the tribe holds this against him and boots him sooner rather than later because of it it might be bye bye Koror tribe very quickly. RedBeard

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-18-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Tom's bad decision would have been going to the new island instead of keeping the one they already had. I think he was trying not to add insult to injury by taking the new island and letting Ulong keep that. Bad choice, Tom.

But both teams had to row back, so the boat could have turned over on either team on either island. You can't control Mother Nature.

If you want to start blaming people, you just can't use that incident. Vote out someone who can't look for the flint or who gives up. Or name the person who starts fire without flint as the tribe leader. But you can't blame Tom for losing the flint.

(But I still don't know why he spoke up so loudly without consulting his team?!! A little too bossy, I'm afraid.)

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-18-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I wasn't so sure that this was soley Tom's decision or just edited to show him telling the group's decision to Jeff. We haven't seen him be bossy elsewhere. Maybe they all discussed and reached an agreement and that was edited out, and all we saw was the announcement of it by Tom.

However, I would be very surprised if it was a unanimous decision.

02-18-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
During the episode, you can hear someone ask, "Tom, what do you think?" It seemed to me they were looking to him as the leader. He definitely made a bad call, but it seemed like everyone else was all for the new island, too.

02-20-05, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I agree that Tom seems to be emerging as a leader, but I hope the decision wasn't unanimous because it was such a bad one! They can't all be that stupid, can they?

(I'm afraid I know the answer to that ...)

02-18-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Did they lose the Immunity Idol?"
It must have fallen out of the boat too. I guess it would float so someone probably grabbed it. Hopefully so, or Jeffy will be pissed.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Did they lose the Immunity Idol?"
I'd say that either a) it floated or b) the camera crew got it because it is integral to the game and has no survivor value other than what it represents.

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Winter warning in effect.

02-18-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
28. "Penn State article"
Do they know inside info?

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2005/02/02-18-05tdc/02-18-05dnews-11.asp

last paragraph states:

"Ian's group finally got dealt a blow too when their canoe suddenly capsized on their way to their island, leaving their supplies somewhere in the depths of the South Pacific. A clip of next week also revealed their adventurous island-hopping might not have been a wise venture -- someone from Koror is heard calling it "a nightmare." Their first tribal council will be next week; but it's not overly optimistic to say Ian's looking pretty safe for the time being."

02-18-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Penn State article"
That is a pretty big slip up. Oops.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-18-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Penn State article"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

This is weird. Everything else is a description of last night's episode and the preview. It reads as if Koror going to TC was shown in the preview for next week.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Penn State article"
Right, I read it that way too BR....

I may try to contact the person at PSU

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-20-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Penn State article"
By the way, I contacted the reporter. They changed his sentence when they edited the article to make it sound like Koror was going to the next TC. He has no inside information.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Penn State article"
Yes, so did I, he confirmed it was an editing mistake. It was supposed to be "if Koror goes to TC" Ian is safe not that K goes to TC.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I am wondering if they lost the map to their water source as well. That also, could really affect their future challenge performances.

02-18-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I just don't get this....I just don't see how dropping the flint could affect their entire game...

I doubt that the map was lost as it would float. We know that machete made it as we see them going in a line walking....but was that pre or post capsize? Their machete could also be at the bottom, IMO.

Regardless of exhausting them prior to the next RC and IC, I don't see how it will affect the rest of their game. We all know that in a matter of 3 days they will somehow get fire...they have to, they are'nt going to let them dehydrate and die out there...Would they let them get water and drink it from the water source without boiling it....I doubt it. They have to get water at some point. If they don't have the machete, it will be much harder to get the coconuts down, and we see that they indeed get them down as there are rats crawling in them in the vidcaps.

Tom is supposedly rumored to kill a shark with the machete...do they still have that? Other than a hardship, I can not see this affecting their entire game. Ulong is a VERY strong tribe and stand an awfully good shot at winning the challenges regardless of how exhausted Koror is or isn't....just my 2 cents...

As for the women, I think the choice to move camps was the worst mistake I have seen them make....STOOOOPID move. I could see Janu or someone else quitting over this....yuck! I could see this affecting moral along with the loss of the fire....

02-18-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Tom is supposedly rumored to kill a shark with the machete...

It was seraphaem's hoax spoiler that seemed to link Tom to the shark. He's not linked to it. Though I do think he is the most likely person for this.

02-18-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

It could affect their game for a long time if they are so weakened that they lose a string of ICs and go to the merge with a numerical minority.

ETA spelling

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-19-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I am assuming someone had the map on them such as tucked into pants or in a pocket. I wouldn't think it would just be laying in the boat.

I don't think they would of lost the machete from the boat dumping cause that would mean that they had to bring the machete with them to the challenge. I would think the new machete would be waiting for them at the new camp.

Is the water source safe drinking water without being boiled? Opps, I guess not since I just remembered Jeff saying no water without the fire first.

ScurvyDawg 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-19-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScurvyDawg Click to send private message to ScurvyDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Selecting the new island might not necessarily be a mistake. Koror now knows where Ulong is located, while Ulong does not know where Koror is located. In wartime it is always a HUGE advantage to know where your enemy is located. Since this season is supposed to have a war theme, there might be some camp raids by the tribes. If so, Koror would have a definite advantage.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "They have to EARN fire"
At TC last night, they did not get fire, and Jeff said it was something they would have to earn. So losing that flint could be crucial.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

02-18-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
43. "Wanda screws up?"
From Survivor Live:

Dalton Ross: You think they get the flint back?
Wanda (immediate response): Yes!

Ooops....

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Wanda screws up?"
This doesn't imply a successful salvage operation so much as winning a future challenge that enables them to earn a new flint.

©Kittyloaf Creations, 2004
Winter warning in effect.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Wanda screws up?"
I don't see it that way. The wording of the question "flint back" suggests that the questioner at least was talking about the flint that sunk to the bottom.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Just going to throw this out there, but the notion that the accident affects their whole game doesn't necessarily mean it affects them in a negative manner.

Perhaps it causes them to rally together. Perhaps it takes a team effort to recover the flint, and that team effort enables them to face challenges better. (We overcame this, we can overcome anything!) Perhaps that’s what makes it an essential part of the Koror story.

02-19-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Perhaps you are right!
I wasn't sure what exactly my source meant by "effects their whole game" but it would give them alot of incentitive to win the RC, which we are already speculating that they do win

ScurvyDawg 58 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ScurvyDawg Click to send private message to ScurvyDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
What if they discover a particularly tasty food source on the ocean floor near the flint box? Maybe lobsters or crabs, or some slightly larger fish. The box dropped into a rocky area with about 20' to 25' water, this would be a perfect area for sea critters. The overhead visuals of the water seem to show large sandy areas with several small rocky areas located out a ways from the beach. This rock area could become Koror's fishing area.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-05 AT 00:56 AM (EST)

Perhaps they do get the flint back, but what affects the tribe is the *time* they spent getting it. Remember, they have nothing at this point. If half the tribe spends even a day or two concentrating on the flint, that's half the tribe(and from the previews, it would appear the men, who *are* the stronger half of the tribe) not building a new shelter(the previews show them huddling under palm branches in the rain - they obviously didn't even have time to start with a shelter on the first day), not exploring their new camp, not finding food, just weakennng themselves.

I can see this being the source of a major rift in the tribe more than I can see it bringing them together. Half of the tribe suggesting they just forget about the flint and hope for another chance to get fire later, while the other half exhausts themselves searching for it. Remember when Rupert went out searching for his Hawaiian sling? Even though he eventually found it, the time he spent looking for it was resented by several members of the tribe.

Tom said in the first episode that working on the fire was a 'loser job', presumably because trying to start a fire without flint just wasted time and energy that should be focused on something else. I can see this comment coming back to bite him, as he spends the next episode focusing on the 'loser job' of trying to retrieve the fire.

All and all, the potential for this really makes me mad, since I liked Koror, and I'd hate to see them self destruct over this.

On a completely seperate note, I'll mention this here since it would seem to be the most appropriate thread. Jiffy mentioned that all the items were in heavy steel boxes to make the challenge more difficult. Would it be any easier, do you think, to open the box underwater and just retrieve the flint(am assuming here that a rock would be relatively waterproof) rather than try to bring the entire box up to the surface? Or at least bring the box up then on a second trip?

Oh... and that screencap of Coby with the Koror box over his shoulders... Has anyone determined that that was indeed a shot from the first challenge, and not, say, proof that they recover the box?

ETA: *this* screencap

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-20-05, 05:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Not a box. A flag.
Right, bianca?

02-20-05, 05:18 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
lol correct.
a BROWN FLAG

02-20-05, 07:18 AM (EST)
56. "ummm..."
hmmmm...where's Janu?

Sn'DCS©MMIV

02-20-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
57. "RE: ummm..."

jusalurker 65 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: ummm..."
I count 9 people in this picture. Janu is on the far end with her buff around her head.

02-20-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
70. "aha"
There she is ...
Thanks b.

Sn'DCS©MMIV

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
Woops. My mistake. To me, it had looked like he was holding a box over his shoulder in that shot.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-05 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

When and where is this picture from - After the challenge from episode 1 or before a challenge from episode 2. The flint box is under Coby's foot.

02-20-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I think that's when they were deciding which beach to choose.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
I need to go watch the show again - I dont remember Caryn having long black pants on - oh well

02-20-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
67. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
PMS...that is the flag they pulled out of the floating thingy in the water. So, I bet this is after the first challenge.

02-21-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Koror ACCIDENT...."
That is definately from episode 1 after they won and before deciding which camp to take.

02-20-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
62. "Clothes"
I found out why it effects their whole game. They apparently lost alot of clothes during the flip too which makes their nights horrible, seeing as though some of them had hardly any clothes to begin with.

02-20-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Clothes"
One thing I noticed when they arrived on their mats before the challenge is that they had what looked like shoes and things in their arms. I wonder if the tree mail told them to take everything they had.

The clothes thing does make sense.

jusalurker 65 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jusalurker Click to send private message to jusalurker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Clothes"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-05 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

>I found out why it effects
>their whole game. They apparently
>lost alot of clothes during
>the flip too which makes
>their nights horrible, seeing as
>though some of them had
>hardly any clothes to begin
>with.
God I hope Willard did not loose his pants!

Over on the CBS site, in the video section there is a clip of the reward challenge to use as comparison, that is if you didnt tape the show (ETA) , like me!

The clothes thingy seems quite plausible!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •