The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jiffy chat EP1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-17-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jiffy chat EP1"
Anybody catch JP on the early show today?

I saw about the last 30 seconds... he kinda slammed on fairplay and then went into his 'he's in love' chat....

but I did find this from AP - CANADA?!?! :

NEW YORK - Jeff Probst compares discovering the latest batch of scheming "Survivor" castaways to "waking up on Christmas morning." Hopefully, that means good tidings for viewers who've come to expect deceit and malnourishment on the CBS reality show, which lands at season 10 this Thursday.

"This time around, we have 20 people," host Probst told The Associated Press. "We wanted to change things off the bat. We tried to find a simple little way to throw people off balance."

In past seasons, either 16 or 18 people have outplayed, outwitted and outlasted each other. The increase in population isn't the only unbalancing act. When the contestants first arrive in Palau, the Pacific island nation where this season is set, they won't be given instructions.

No tribes. No challenges. No clue on what to do.

This isn't the first "Survivor" season premiere twist. Most have involved withholding a necessity: food on "Marquesas," supplies on "Pearl Islands," water on "All-Stars." And sometimes the switcheroos involve the way in which the tribes are chosen: men versus women on "The Amazon" and "Vanuatu" and elders picking kickball-style on "Thailand."

"With the `Palau' group, this was the first group that are truly individuals," said Probst. "In `Marquesas,' there was a group of fun people. In `Thailand,' the group was mean-spirited. This time, everybody is on their own terms."

Probst promises more firsts in challenges, at tribal council and socially throughout this season of "Survivor." Viewers will have to wait — or break into Probst's diary — to see what happens.

"During shooting, I keep a little journal, and I kept going back to it and thinking, `Wow! Another first,'" said Probst.

Here's another possible first: a cold edition of "Survivor" set in Canada.

"One day we were gonna run out of beaches," said Probst. "It would be a lot more bleaker. You're not gonna have any sexy water challenges. I think we'll have to seriously think about it. Creatively, it offers something totally new. Our audience is loyal so I think our audience would stay with us."

Viewers will have until a 12th edition of "Survivor" to stick around. CBS has ordered two more seasons following Palau. How very merry.

__

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jiffy chat EP1 cuon10 02-17-05 1
   RE: Jiffy chat EP1 J Slice 02-17-05 2
       RE: Jiffy chat EP1 cuon10 02-17-05 3
       RE: Jiffy chat EP1 Brownroach 02-17-05 4
       RE: Jiffy chat EP1 FesterFan1 02-17-05 5
           RE: Jiffy chat EP1 Brownroach 02-17-05 6
           RE: Jiffy chat EP1 Surveysez 02-17-05 7
           Survivor: Auschwitz. Estee 02-17-05 8
               Tasteless pt. 3 AyaK 02-17-05 9
                   RE: Tasteless pt. 3 cuon10 02-17-05 10
                       RE: Tasteless pt. 3 SurvivorBanshee 02-21-05 11
 no way Cathy the Canadian 02-21-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"
No, did not catch it, but I would like to comment on the cold weather Survivor. It would be interesting, exciting and challenging, but at the same time, I don't think it would fly.
Both MB and JP have made comments along the way in regards to a Survivor in the colder climates,specifically British Columbia and Patagonia have been mentioned. At this point, Les Moonves,head of CBS is saying NO. Hopefully, he will continue to do so. I have nothing against it, and if it happened and I got a call for that one and got on, I would be there with sleigh bells on, I don't think that it would work to CBS or SEG's advantage.
Also, there are other places that are not necessarily all about the beach that they could look into and probably do some really cool survivors. Desert locations, the Black Forest in Germany, Auchswitz, Egypt, many jungles, Russia, and other places. The thing about the cold is, no matter how many waivers you have someone sign, you take risks when talking about sub-zero temperatures and views seeing the snow the whole 39 days. And the contestants. Right now, it is Jeff and Burnett that say Moonves says cold weather Survivor is "outlandish."
Hopefully, they will quit overlooking some of the European possibilities. Esp. Crete and maybe Egypt and Spain.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"
Survivor: Auschwitz?

Oh heavens.

Though there was a really funny episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm...

02-17-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"
Sure, if they could find a way to do it and honor the survivors of the concentration camps. I know that would be hard both by imagination and for political correctness. But it would almost be something people could not imagine.
There are also some South American countries to be done.
Guyana and Guatemala. Actually Central and South America. The Patagonia region would be great for a colder weather Survivor.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"
Just think of the challenges they could have.

Trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"
Survivor: Auschwitz?

Yeah, I think Fox is developing that one.

Fester
There are a whole host of inappropriate jokes I'm fighting right now.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"

You mean like Jeffy in a Gestapo uniform at TC, with a showerhead torch snuffer? Yeah, me too.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-17-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jiffy chat EP1"

Resistance is futile. You know you want to.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Survivor: Auschwitz."
Green Triangle tribe, Pink Triangle tribe...

Gee, just think of all the things they could do with the crematoria.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Tasteless pt. 3"
>Gee, just think of all the things they could do with the crematoria.

Well, as Jiffy always says, fire represents life.

02-17-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Tasteless pt. 3"
Actually,I was thinking more like escape challenges. Come on, it was just an idea. I think everyone has one that is not so catchy. Ulong had a bad idea tonite. WE are all entitled to a few.

SurvivorBanshee 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBanshee Click to send private message to SurvivorBanshee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tasteless pt. 3"
Survivor:South Central

Tribes: The Bloods And The Crips

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "no way"
As cool as it would be for Canadians to watch a Canadian surivivor, I'm sure they'll never film a suvivor without bikini clad hotties. Just won't happen.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •