The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meredith's Jewelry "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-18-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meredith's Jewelry "
Does anyone else think Meredith has serious issues when it comes to jewelry? That ring she had on in tonights episode was the worst! And what is with the giant earrings...I was having Dynasty flashbacks!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry chzwhiz 02-19-04 1
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry tarmaq 02-19-04 2
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry freakusmaximus 02-24-04 27
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry lil layla 02-19-04 3
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry teejax22 02-19-04 5
       RE: Meredith's Jewelry Loree 02-19-04 8
           RE: Meredith's Jewelry qwertypie 02-19-04 11
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry ChicChicagoChick 02-20-04 24
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry missygirl3 02-19-04 4
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry RealityAddict 02-19-04 6
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry mmm_link 02-19-04 17
   RE: commitment issues drooler 02-19-04 20
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry Loree 02-19-04 7
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry buckeyegirl 02-19-04 9
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry chobbs77 02-19-04 10
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry qwertypie 02-19-04 12
   Phil buckeyegirl 02-19-04 16
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry SilverStar 02-19-04 13
   RE: Meredith's Jewelry motorkitty 02-19-04 14
       RE: Meredith's Jewelry guiltypleasure 02-19-04 15
           RE: Meredith's Jewelry minkey 02-19-04 18
               RE: Meredith's Jewelry Gina99 02-19-04 19
                   RE: Meredith's Jewelry lennon29 02-19-04 21
                       RE: Meredith's Jewelry leogirl_21 02-19-04 22
               RE: Meredith's Jewelry redheaded_sweetheart 02-19-04 23
                   RE: Meredith's Jewelry qwertypie 02-21-04 25
 RE: Meredith's Jewelry Fraz 02-23-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

chzwhiz 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chzwhiz Click to send private message to chzwhiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I have to agree with you. Meredith strikes me as an 80's girl with no ounce of fashion sense. She is probably getting some of her wardrobe advice from the producers, but I think she must have the last say on what she wears. The jewelry doesn't make me quiver as much as those stupid looking sweaters with the huge ass floatation devices around her neck. She looks ridiculus, and I'd like to think what the guys think of her accessories and huge collars.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 03:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
Her jewelry looked like it could be painful if any of the guys bumped into it wrong! Imagine that ring hitting you, or even that necklace!

I think it was enough to cause anybody consternation that was trying to get cuddly. "Hey, Babe, I'll snuggle with you when you remove that lethal jewelry!"

freakusmaximus 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail freakusmaximus Click to send private message to freakusmaximus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I agree 100% her outfits and jewelry are aweful. she is way over- accessorized , bordering on cheesy and I think she looks the best in that plain black tee-shirt she sometimes wears. plus her clothes were nice when she was on the Bachelor with Bob (hee hee hee hee hee hee hee) and also on The Guys Speak out show she was wearing some orange shirt that really looked good on her. here are a few theories on WHY she is wearing this BAD stuff:
1. could be that one designer is sponsoring the clothes and jewelry for the show and she has a limited selection
2. could be that they are trying to make her look more feminine by adding all of these girly things like flower prints and rings
3. maybe she gained a little bit of weight that they were attempting to hide/ distract from

lil layla 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lil%20layla Click to send private message to lil%20layla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I couldn't believe when they flashed Merediths jewelry on one of her one on one dates on tonights eposide.That ring she had on was almost as big as her wrist,can anyone imagine how much that piece of jewelry weighed.I don't know if I'm correct in saying that she had her hand posed in a certain way,so that the cameras got a very ,very good picture to show all of audience.What a poor choice the producers made when they showed the close up of that horrifying ring.It looked painful to wear. But on a good note if things were to go wrong on her date,she could use that ring as a weapon!

teejax22 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-19-04, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teejax22 Click to send private message to teejax22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
Okay, not only is the ring ugly but Merideth dresses awful. The worst outfit was that green hoop-la thing she had on when she changed for dinner with Chad. Or what about that orangy-looking top she had on with Ian? I kept saying...who dresses you? I know she is conservative but...good lord her look is awful. She also tends to wear alot of those jeans that don't seem to be a good fit, and kinda sags a little. And lets not forget her beautiful swim wear that had her covered up from head to toe. lol

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I hated that dark dress she had on when she handed out the roses. Yuck!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I wonder how many faux (I'm hoping) fur critters gave their life up for that get-up. I did not realize that was a ring she was wearing -- I thought that the poor girl was being attacked by a giant space-alien spider and didn't realize it. I am more and more awestruck as the weeks go by.

ChicChicagoChick 2 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicChicagoChick Click to send private message to ChicChicagoChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
This is all so funny - I actually was on eBay looking to buy a similar ring and came here to see if anyone was talking about it and knew what it was called or who made it. I LOVED the ring!!! If anyone feels the same and can tell me what I'm searching for - I'd love to hear from you!

Oh, by the way, the ring was on a small story line last week from another show. For the life of me I can't remember which show, but I think it was Jessica's on Newleyweds.

Jen

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-19-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I think that Meredith has some serious issues when it comes to wearing turtlenecks. Whats up with that? They are so un-becoming. Do any of you men out there think turtlenecks are sexy? Did you see next weeks clips? She had one on in almost every scene..

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I like turtle necks, but have noticed that she wears them A LOT! Not exactly the sexiest BUT, even worse than constant t-necks would be Ian's shorts and t-shirt on their fantasy date...they looked HORRIBLE...looks like he pulled out the rattiest "bum-around" clothes in his dresser (I figure they were in his dresser b/c they looked all wrinkled!) YUCK!

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-19-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I like the turtle necks. The only problem I have is her hair is much too short to do the ponytail thing.

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: commitment issues"
I'm beginning to believe that Meredith is the one who can't commit to a relationship, not Ian. The bulky, cover the neck sweaters didn't come out til she started to get to know the guys--like wearing armor!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I find her earrings very distracting. And they seem to get caught in her hair and on her clothes.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
The jewelry is a bit much, especially that ring. I find the turtlenecks more annoying~is it really that cold in California in the winter?

Bumbles to Kyngsladye for this creation RMMW!

chobbs77 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chobbs77 Click to send private message to chobbs77 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
The clothes are the worst! The number she had on to hand out roses....what was she thinking!? The dress might have been okay on it's own, or the strange sweater thing would have been okay with a tube dress, but the pairing was awful! And I don't think it's her! She would have looked better in jeans and a t-shirt...just no more turtle-necks!

~Carrie~

"Men aren't that complicated. They're kind of like plants."

02-19-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I think the same person who was giving Phil Keoghan fashion advice last season on the amazing race is also helping out Meredith. As to the sweaters, wearable blankets, etc, she may be chronically cold, maybe she should get her thyroid checked out.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Phil"
lmao about your comment about Phil's and Meredith's sweaters. I was thinking the same thing.

Bumbles to Kyngsladye for this creation RMMW!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
Meredith Philips, the.worst.dresser.ever!
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

motorkitty 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-19-04, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motorkitty Click to send private message to motorkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I believe I am alone in this, but I really liked that starburst ring---but I am in totally agreement on the rest of the outfits last night.........BLEEECCCHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

guiltypleasure 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail guiltypleasure Click to send private message to guiltypleasure Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I disagree about Meredith being the worst dresser ever. I think most of her choices have been dignified and classy, and I really like the black and white theme. However, the fake fur thing last night was horrendous. And her outfit and hairdo for the final rose ceremony make her look fat and ugly--a real achievement for such a beautiful young woman. What could she have been thinking?

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
hmmm... I think that each episode the clothes get worse. They just don't seem to fit her (in any sense). I do appreciate that there's no gratuitous skin, though. She doesn't have the perfect body - which is great, but some of the clothes make her seem way too frumpy. Clinton and Stacy... where are you!!!!!! There's a beautiful girl under there.

She does look great in jeans and a tee. I get the feeling that dressing "up" just isn't her.

Gina99 76 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gina99 Click to send private message to Gina99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I think she should go on 'What not to Wear' in preparation for her upcoming nuptials.

lennon29 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lennon29 Click to send private message to lennon29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
that's hysterical.

though I can kind of respect her for doing her own thing,
the turtlenecks are out of control (they're just so huge!)

but the worst was that dress at the rose ceremony. she looked like she was about to take flight.

when they cut to Ian smiling, I was wondering if he was laughing at the outfit...

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
At first, I kinda liked her earrings and turtlenecks etc but after a few episodes I was like, what the heck is that hideous thing that she's wearing? And especially during last night's episode, I hated that dress with the furry stuff. Yeech!

redheaded_sweetheart 276 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded_sweetheart Click to send private message to redheaded_sweetheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I have to agree with you on the clothes....she would be great for What Not to Wear!!! I did think she looked nice on tonight's Bachelor's Tell All episode though. I only saw her top though...so did her entire outfit match?

02-21-04, 02:34 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I am not sure if her outfit matched on the tell all episode. I am typing this blind as my retinas have burned out (AARGH! MY EYES! MY EYES!) when they flashed a video montage of all of her outfits for this season. Even more exceptional when compressed into 30 seconds. ;)

Fraz 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-23-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fraz Click to send private message to Fraz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Meredith's Jewelry "
I'm going to defend Meredith on a couple of points.

I grew up in California and was cold every winter. To me, 60 degrees IS cold. I love turtlenecks.

I later moved to the Pacific Northwet and I was surprised at how casually people dressed. I thought wearing a ski hat in town was dorky, but it turned out just to be warm. It's all about being comfortable.

I also read an interview with Meredith where she indicated that she liked to dress casually. I suspect that she isn't choosing the hideous clothes, but that they are chosen for her. Who knows? Maybe she is choosing the best of a TRULY hideous wardrobe?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •